PDA

View Full Version : small question

Alexandre Bardet
01-01-2016, 07:15
I Play the game on PS4. I would like to know if the Lap Times that are shown on the Leader board or Ranking of the Time Trial event are from all platforms or I can only see the Lap Times of people that play on the same platform that I do? If so is there a site that displays the Lap Times of people from all platforms? I would really like to compare my placement with the other platforms if that's the case.

beetes_juice
01-01-2016, 08:07
Only platform specific lap times will show in-game. You can always look at the pc leaderboards (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/) if you want to compare laps against pc users. When I was xb1 I used this a lot as the leaderboard is populated and has individual car times per track.

inthebagbud
01-01-2016, 08:11
You can only see times in TT from your console type. There is no listing on line for consoles however you can view pc times at sites like this http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/

Alexandre Bardet
01-01-2016, 08:27
Ok thanks guys.
Damn... PC laptimes are even more crazy then console from what I've seen. O_O
Any chance most those lap times are too good to be true? I mean do people suspect of cheating?

nono782
01-01-2016, 08:39
On consoles, no hacks. Only game's exploits when they exist (track cutting, some setup parameters...)
But these exploits have been mostly fixed now. (even though the laptimes with exploits may still appear)
On PCs, game's exploits + possible hacks + some kinds of OC or BIOS parameters that may boost your cars.

Tbolt47
01-01-2016, 09:03
Well there's obvious times that's are "cheats" as they are minutes quicker than anyone else, then there are some which are hard to tell. None of my times are cheats and I do hold some first places and podium positions and I'm not the fastest driver, so I guess a lot are genuine.

miagi
01-01-2016, 10:19
Ok thanks guys.
Damn... PC laptimes are even more crazy then console from what I've seen. O_O
Any chance most those lap times are too good to be true? I mean do people suspect of cheating?
There is always a chance to find a hacked lap time that is just beyond the possibilities of the car. But most hacked or bugged times, like other said, are well above that and obvious. Or what does happen is that some cars offer to increase the waste gate pressure for more power, so that the top time in the leaderboard are done with higher boost and are beyond the possibilities of the car with stock waste gate pressure.

Imo many of the 1. times are not super fast. There are a few groups that do special events and that is noticeable in the leaderboards than 5-10 ppl actually set properly fast times. I could expect the level of times with GT3 cars on popular tracks to be a bit more refined. However most times on less popular cars and tracks are not very quick. I sometimes go on tracks that I like that are not in the focus of most drivers with different cars that are not GT3 cars and find top times that I beat by second(s) within the first 2-3 laps I do :P

Here is an example of the current RSR leaderboard time attack (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1446378877&vehicle=2859910117)
First place should be rather hard to beat :P