PDA

View Full Version : The future of simracing in 2016

valdzor
01-01-2016, 12:35
So...I just saw the news about Assetto Corsa for 2016....Quite impressive, a lot of new cars, circuits, content....And then I saw the future of Pcars, 4 month of DLC and then fuck you and buy Pcars 2.

How is it possible? Nothing new for Pcars, I mean , all the DLC's were content from the beta...We've got no new cars, only 2014 cars for the better. What about 2016 GT3/E ? LMP'S? BTCC? Ovals ( olol we can't code AI for turning around the same circuit for laps ).

I know some people gonna say, well go play AC and get outta here, but I love PCars physics, graphics, the game in overall, I just hate the fact that we get nothing new.

Am I alone here?

Gejabo
01-01-2016, 12:41
As Ian said, they are going to focus on pcars2.
For me that is a solid decision.

RoccoTTS
01-01-2016, 12:44
So...I just saw the news about Assetto Corsa for 2016....Quite impressive, a lot of new cars, circuits, content....And then I saw the future of Pcars, 4 month of DLC and then fuck you and buy Pcars 2.

How is it possible? Nothing new for Pcars, I mean , all the DLC's were content from the beta...We've got no new cars, only 2014 cars for the better. What about 2016 GT3/E ? LMP'S? BTCC? Ovals ( olol we can't code AI for turning around the same circuit for laps ).

I know some people gonna say, well go play AC and get outta here, but I love PCars physics, graphics, the game in overall, I just hate the fact that we get nothing new.

Am I alone here?

PCars1 has more content (tracks and cars) than AC, so what's the problem ?

cluck
01-01-2016, 12:49
PCars1 has more content (tracks and cars) than AC, so what's the problem ?^^^ In a nutshell, this sums up my thoughts. pCARS has shed-loads of tracks already and already over 100 cars. It's easy to add lots of content when you start from a small base ;).

I mean , all the DLC's were content from the beta...Also, no, not all the DLC is content from the beta. Far from it.

Also, mind your language, swearing is not tolerated on this forum.

valdzor
01-01-2016, 12:50
When you count cars like Toyota GT86/86/scion that are the same car with a different name...Yeah that's a lot!....Damn

cluck
01-01-2016, 12:53
When you count cars like Toyota GT86/86/scion that are the same car with a different name...Yeah that's a lot!....DamnOne swallow does not make an orgy.

EDIT : To clarify. There are no other cars in the whole game that are like that. There are some that are similar but they are very different cars to drive - aka the Mitsubishis and the recent Renault Megane for example.

RoccoTTS
01-01-2016, 12:54
When you count cars like Toyota GT86/86/scion that are the same car with a different name...Yeah that's a lot!....Damn

Even if you count this is 1 car, AC has not half of the cars of PC.

On the official forum of AC i count 32 cars ATM.

Tomcul
01-01-2016, 13:03
Agreed would be nice to get some of the newer machinery, but pcars has a very good mix can't really fault it plus some exciting dlc yet to come..
2016 is going to be a good year for sim racing, vr will be coming more mainstream...can't bloody wait for that!

CreamyDischarge
01-01-2016, 13:03
But project cars has 10 fictional cars as well that are made up, fantasy cars that don't exist in real life. So that has to be taken into consideration.

AC has more "laser scanned" tracks, offers only genuine official licensed cars (no made up cars) and while it has its flaws, it's a serious sim as they refuse to add fantasy tracks / cars which I respect.

Markus Ott
01-01-2016, 13:08
Just compare how many cars and tracks pCARS has brought in with their DLCs so far and how many will be put into the game in the next four months. It will be for sure 50+ cars just by DLCs and it will be more than 5 new tracks.
AC only had three DLCs since its release and even with the announced cars their added cars and tracks are not that many more than pCARS then will have added.
AC also doesn't plan on AC2 afaik. While they are stuck to their one game SMS moves on to bring all the stuff they wanted for pCARS1 together and hopefully sort out some limitations of their engine to get it even better.

It's like with real motorsports: if you don't go forward, you go backwards. Take a guess if I support SMS's or Kunos' way.

cluck
01-01-2016, 13:11
But project cars has 10 fictional cars as well that are made up, fantasy cars that don't exist in real life. So that has to be taken into consideration.Out of 112 cars, we have 13 that are either fictional or duplicates. That still leaves 3 times the number of cars that Assetto Corsa has. As for tracks, there are 28 licensed tracks, with multiple variations of each (including the historic layouts). Assetto Corsa appears to have 10.

Like I said earlier, it's very easy to add lots of content when you don't have that much in the first place.

Salty Dog
01-01-2016, 13:13
Honestly cant people ever be content and appreciate what they have?
Project cars 2 is on the horizon, just enjoy this game for what it is, you dont have long to go before you get to whinge about PC2, so give it a rest ffs.

dodge33cymru
01-01-2016, 13:22
Two good games, both are going to be expanded this year, so can't complain. Add to that potential DLC for DiRT Rally and the full Nurburgring VLN circuit and IMSA GT class coming soon for Raceroom/R3E and I struggle to see how anyone has many complaints about the state of sims in general.

miagi
01-01-2016, 13:24
pCARS1 was difficult. A small company building up a game from scratch on their very own (at least in the beginning or 1-2 first years). While doing it on a revolutionary new platform for game development where the crowd that helped found the game watch their every step.

pCARS2 starts on a much better base. Mistakes have been done and have been discovered. I expect a lot from pCARS2 seen where pCARS1 came from.

PS: I wouldn't expect much more from an AC2, because of the way the physics are realized, AC wouldn't benefit as much from precessing power as pCARS would.

Heinz Martin
01-01-2016, 13:24

Am I alone here?

Assetto Corsa is an abortive simulator, full of unsolved bugs.
The devs are lost, since long time, on AC version for XBox and PS4.
Every AC's DLC changes the length of the instrument panel for some cars....., and this is their work!

E_Luckow
01-01-2016, 13:25
Man, I havenīt tried 1/10 of the cars in PCars... there are so many possibilities.

Yup, I would like to see Nissan and Jaguar GT3 in game, anyway...We will have the Corvette, the new AMG and the Dallara. As far as I know, they are confirmed.

The new cars for AC will not come in a month...it was an announcement...for 2016...

Cheesenium
01-01-2016, 14:01

I dont know why people still have the "one game to rule them all" mentality. AC is a great game, likewise for pcars, R3E, Automobilista and so on are amazing games. Each game offers wildly different content, focus on vastly different things, implemented the pleasure of driving differently to the point, each of them are very interesting game on it's own. Going into a game expecting it to be another game is a recipe of disappointment.

So if Dirt Rally doesnt offer DLCs, are you going on a rampage on Codemaster pulling another pcars 2 on it's fanbase? Development has to end in some ways and it is unfortunately that SMS choose to end it sooner than what we liked. I am disappointed that DLC releases are ending soon, I am still hoping that the last few DLCs would only mean that monthly DLCs will be stopped while we might get "better" DLCs with a few months gaps in between.

Nothing new for pcars? What about the teased AMG GT3 and C7R? Or the KTM Xbow and the Indy files? More importantly, pcars offers more content that AC out of the box where SMS had done quite a lot before release to offer a lot more content than AC. There is still a good amount of content in pcars that I had not played even though I had been playing this game since 2011 while most of their content are restricted to GT racing and road cars with even less touring cars than pcars.

AC just announced the Praga and Maserati license along with Redbull Ring and interesting license extension for their existing brands. Did they just announced their oval content? Or Kunos is doing BTCC? Or they are adding 2016 GTEs? Heck, they didnt even brands like Renault, Aston Martin, Bentley along with massive list of missing tracks like Bathrust, Laguna Seca, Le Mans and so on.

Both are great games, I dont care if SMS doesnt offer Corvette, Nissan or Ferrari as pcars already has it's own list of interesting content like those LMP900, Clio Cups, Historic Le Mans cars, LMP2s and so on that AC doesnt have. It is like expecting AC to offer night racing, Le Mans, rain and Aston Martin license which will probably never happen until AC2.

Seriously, I would love to see you people getting pissed off when Kunos announces AC2 in a couple of years time. I highly doubt they can keep working on that same iteration of that engine without moving to the sequel to implement those frequently asked features like rain driving, night racing, players controlled pits, more endurance racing features such as driver swaps and so on. There is absolutely no way to do all these features in AC1.

ELAhrairah
01-01-2016, 14:03
How about day and night cycle?
How about a good weather system?
How about a good lmp1 line up with historic and present cars?
AC falls short in these points. I find this a real deal breaker and that is why I choose for PCars.

The only point AC had and PCars can take a lesson from is their triple screen support. But I am willing to wait for PCars 2 for that.

valdzor
01-01-2016, 14:07
How about day and night cycle?
How about a good weather system?
How about a good lmp1 line up with historic and present cars?
AC falls short in these points. I find this a real deal breaker and that is why I choose for PCars.

The only point AC had and PCars can take a lesson from is their triple screen support. But I am willing to wait for PCars 2 for that.

LMP's are coming to AC. Weather i'm not sure, but yeah, no night. But what's the point having all of this if you can't even make a custom race? AKA If you want to do a 24h of le mans, you can't, because you can't chose you're opponents.

All I read is, it's okay Pcars 2 will be so nice....OK it's a different game, it's 70 euros more, and it's 2017. That's why I'm complaining, Pcars was just a test , and we are beta testers but we pay for it.

miagi
01-01-2016, 14:10
Btw. it is also funny to see that every possible opinion there is, will be posted on the internet somewhere and praised as the "right" way to look at it.
I'm not such a big fan of DLC's as way to often companies like EA, Ubisoft, Konami and other try to milk the customers some more something that should have been in the game from the start. That made the term DLC become a bad taste. Suddenly someone comes up and is disappointed that there aren't more DLC's coming up

So, you are either a complete Sheep or you compliment SMS your putting out very good and reasonable DLCs and simply want more of it.

BreadedVirus
01-01-2016, 14:18
I think Project Cars is a great game. Not enjoyed a racer on the consoles since Race Pro back in 2009 (Xbox 360). Still have that game by the way.

Out of curiosity, how many more DLC packs can we expect for Project Cars?

Sasquatch
01-01-2016, 14:19
But project cars has 10 fictional cars as well that are made up, fantasy cars that don't exist in real life. So that has to be taken into consideration.

Also take into consideration that those are community designed fictional cars.

Cheesenium
01-01-2016, 14:20
LMP's are coming to AC. Weather i'm not sure, but yeah, no night. But what's the point having all of this if you can't even make a custom race? AKA If you want to do a 24h of le mans, you can't, because you can't chose you're opponents.

All I read is, it's okay Pcars 2 will be so nice....OK it's a different game, it's 70 euros more, and it's 2017. That's why I'm complaining, Pcars was just a test , and we are beta testers but we pay for it.

AC is getting 2 LMPs, Audi R18 etron and Toyota TS040, thats about it. In the mean time, what is the point of having LMPs when you cant do a proper endurance race as AC doesnt have weather, night racing, no AI pits, or more importantly, no Le Mans.

I rather not see LMPs in AC because AC lacks of even more features than pcars while considering how difficult for Casey to implement LMP1s in pcars due to manufacturers will never release their actual performance data to game studios, I rather see Kunos focus on what they do best, road cars and GT3s. While you are complaining that pcars isnt making touring cars and ovals content, has Kunos said anything about those content in AC? Heck, even till now, AC only has one modern touring car, 3 Group As and 2 Vintage 60s touring cars, thats even less touring content that pcars.

Eventually, Kunos has to move on with AC2 because they cannot keep supporting AC1 for years to come.

Some times, I think people needs to learn how to appreciate what pcars has as pcars does have quite a bit of unique content that other games doesnt have or dont offer as much.

Cheesenium
01-01-2016, 14:29
Out of 112 cars, we have 13 that are either fictional or duplicates.

I'll add more to that. No doubt pcars has quite an amount of duplicates, that doesnt mean AC doesnt like they have 2 Giulettas that are exactly the same except the name, duplicated E30s in form of DTM and Group A, the normal and Arkapovic M4 with very minor differences of a few bhp, the spoiler and no spoiler version of Countach that has slightly different top speed, numerous "roughly" the same Evoras and Elise(which personally, I do not agree with that), and various "fictional" step ups like the 1200bhp Gallardo, 458 Challenge that looked exactly like 458 road, F40 LM that looked like F40 and various drift versions of Z4, M3.

pcars has duplicates and fictional, that doesnt mean AC doesnt.

cluck
01-01-2016, 14:32
Some times, I think people needs to learn how to appreciate what pcars has as pcars does have quite a bit of unique content that other games doesnt have or dont offer as much.To be honest, that should be applied to all driving sims. Every one of them has something that keeps us playing and something that annoys us. Not one of them is 'perfect'.

ELAhrairah
01-01-2016, 14:42

So lmp is finally coming to AC . Yes but when? At the end of its lifecycle i assume. So there you go AC isnt complete or the complete sim racer. It follows the catching up game with PCars because it wasnt conplete from the start. And because they are catching up it looks like their dlc's are more impressive. But i also dissagree with that opinion because the dlc's we had so far from PCars brought a lot of new and different classes. Historic lmp gt open wheel etc all have been served to us. And some are still coming and trust me its absolutly normal for dlc's to become less frequent or even stop just before the release of a new series of a game. And concerning lmp1 for AC: as far as i know only the e tron is coming...thats a very poor lmp line up if you ask me .

Angst1974
01-01-2016, 15:07
Heck , I just look at Pcars2 as more DLC .

Haiden
01-01-2016, 15:15
I think focusing on PCars2 is a good decision. Another four months of DLC is fine, considering that after more than seven months, I've only tried about half the cars in the game. Just last week, I stumbled on the joy of running six car races down the Azure Coast in GT4s. For the past week, I haven't been able to get enough of that. :)

I'm looking forward to AC, as well. But I think I'll wait until it actually comes out before I start comparing it to PCars. I'm sure it will be a decent addition to my racing, but I highly doubt it will replace PCars.

Machinist90
01-01-2016, 15:18
pcars 1 was abandoned let's be honest,the amount of features they dropped,pitcrew,ovals,custom championship,multiclass....they shouldn't have started on 2 when 1 wasn't even finished

N0body Of The Goat
01-01-2016, 15:24
In my opinion, it is not new content support we need for pCARS1, it is sorting out all the major issues and some of the minor issues we have currently, including...

Soft tyres that cool to ~50 Celsius with a default setup at tracks like Monza or Imola (few high load corners), or when we get track temps significantly below ~30C i.e at night especially, in morning and evening at most tracks outside peak summer
Soft tyres that do not overheat enough through a sector of high load corners, such as sector 2 at Spa, causing understeer if hot fronts or oversteer if hot rears
Medium and hard compounds having no use advantage in non-sprint races, because the lose too much temperature
Some rain compounds giving consistently better laptimes than dry compounds for a car, instead of the rain tyre perhaps giving one amazing lap and then falling apart during ~lap 2
Intermediate tyres that have no situation where they are the tyre to be on, such as "light rain"
Rain tyres wearing rapidly along the pit lane when using a tyre wear multiplier such as x7

"Ghost cars" on the online starting grid
"Stacked cars" on the online starting grid
"Forced default setup" online not giving default, automatic fuel
Chat written in online lobby box not shown on track
Untouched default setups online giving enough automatically assigned fuel to almost do the race distance twice over
It would be nice if "pit stop Ben" told us when we can pit for new tyres due to a weather change, or when the current tyres have worn enough to simply be replaced, even if this was just a text message or basic HUD indicator
It would be nice to see the track temp while driving at full race pace, instead of having to hit pause

"Light rain" and "rain" giving the exact same track temperature as all the dry weather conditions (each weather condition ought to affect the track temp to some extent, currently they are all bundled into two zones (clear to rain @ "x" Celsius, storm to hazy @ ~"x-20" Celsius)
Weather and time going back to the original situation in multi-session race meetings online and offline ("Groundhog Day" bug introduced in patch 5)
"Random" weather not being random at all, it keeps the same sequence

Silverstone Classic pitting issues (zooming through at non-normal pit speeds, then instant stop after passing pit box, at least with mandatory stops)
Asset popup at some tracks with lower track detail (or even at "ultra" track detail eg. the first chicane escape route tyres at Monza and the lighting from the left grandstand when coming out of Parabolika)
The pit lane exit at Azure Circuit (cut warning after pitting while trying to drive the correct way out of the pits)

Multi-car classes not having default setups that enable close racing at a majority of circuits (looking at the heavily unbalanced GT3 here in particular), even if simply using the default "restrictor" slider position as an equaliser

etc.

Just a list off the top of my head of my hopes, loads missing no doubt as far as others are concerned.

crowtrobot
01-01-2016, 15:37
Saw AC's year-end address as well, and I was very impressed. OP's language may be a bit harsh, it's more or less how I feel as well - where Kunos acknowledged people's issues and painted an exciting future of things to come in the next year for the game, pCARS got a few off-the-cuff forum posts that punted most of people's issues and concerns years down the line to the sequel.

It's great that pCARS has more content, but what use is it when that content is either bugged, or not fully implemented? You can't take the new LMP cars out in a Multi-class quick race, the AI can't seem to manage the Historic Lotus cars, the pit-lanes on the new tracks are bugged, etc...

I appreciate Ian's candor answering questions in the other thread, but it did not give anywhere near the promise that Kunos' prepared statement did, and it sure didn't do much to assure people that the many issues remaining in this game will be fixed.

Martin G Webb
01-01-2016, 15:44
I'm with Goat on this one.

pCARS has not been abandoned and the current player base has not been some 'Pay To Test' exercise, there have been and continue to be hundreds of players who were testing this game nearly three years ago. Some of what SMS had planned hasn't made it into the game you're playing now but the commercial success of the game goes to prove that some of the 'Features' that were going to be in it didn't need to be.

As for comparing pCARS with AC . . . .apples and pears, it's like comparing pCARS to iRacing, they both involve cars and racing but that's where the similarities end. All three have their place, along with R3E and the dozens of other 'Racing' titles out there. Personal choice is a great thing.

My final swipe on this is simple - If you feel that pCARS is being abandoned then why not sign up to pCARS2 and ensure you have your say and participate in creating a game that you won't be disappointed in ?

nono782
01-01-2016, 16:00
Completely agree with NOTG. Not a lot of players are asking for more content, but a lot are asking for a finished Pcars 1.
If Pcars1 was to remain in the current state, it won't be a good advertising for Pcars2.
The "it's not possible on Pcars1 but it will be on Pcars2" is a not a line that makes people happy, from what I can see in various forums.

Sankyo
01-01-2016, 16:06

Am I alone here?
Both games use a different dev model it seems. Kunos seems to be opting to stay with the AC platform for a while and expand it (slowly), very probably without major new features being added. SMS have identified enough areas in pC1 to improve on in such a way that it cannot be done in the original game, e.g. rewriting a large part of the renderer. pC2 will be more than just an expansion of pC1 that could have been added to pC1, it will be a new game.

Tbolt47
01-01-2016, 16:18
In my opinion, it is not new content support we need for pCARS1, it is sorting out all the major issues and some of the minor issues we have currently, including...

Soft tyres that cool to ~50 Celsius with a default setup at tracks like Monza or Imola (few high load corners), or when we get track temps significantly below ~30C i.e at night especially, in morning and evening at most tracks outside peak summer
Soft tyres that do not overheat enough through a sector of high load corners, such as sector 2 at Spa, causing understeer if hot fronts or oversteer if hot rears
Medium and hard compounds having no use advantage in non-sprint races, because the lose too much temperature
Some rain compounds giving consistently better laptimes than dry compounds for a car, instead of the rain tyre perhaps giving one amazing lap and then falling apart during ~lap 2
Intermediate tyres that have no situation where they are the tyre to be on, such as "light rain"
Rain tyres wearing rapidly along the pit lane when using a tyre wear multiplier such as x7

Untouched default setups online giving enough automatically assigned fuel to almost do the race distance twice over
It would be nice if "pit stop Ben" told us when we can pit for new tyres due to a weather change, or when the current tyres have worn enough to simply be replaced, even if this was just a text message or basic HUD indicator
It would be nice to see the track temp while driving at full race pace, instead of having to hit pause

"Light rain" and "rain" giving the exact same track temperature as all the dry weather conditions (each weather condition ought to affect the track temp to some extent, currently they are all bundled into two zones (clear to rain @ "x" Celsius, storm to hazy @ ~"x-20" Celsius)
Weather and time going back to the original situation in multi-session race meetings online and offline ("Groundhog Day" bug introduced in patch 5)

Silverstone Classic pitting issues (zooming through at non-normal pit speeds, then instant stop after passing pit box, at least with mandatory stops)
Asset popup at some tracks with lower track detail (or even at "ultra" track detail eg. the first chicane escape route tyres at Monza and the lighting from the left grandstand when coming out of Parabolika)
The pit lane exit at Azure Circuit (cut warning after pitting while trying to drive the correct way out of the pits)

Multi-car classes not having default setups that enable close racing at a majority of circuits (looking at the heavily unbalanced GT3 here in particular), even if simply using the default "restrictor" slider position as an equaliser

etc.

Just a list off the top of my head of my hopes, loads missing no doubt as far as others are concerned.

Completely agree. All some people seem to want is new cars, but I would rather see things fixed so we can enjoy what we have got will PC2 is under construction.

Tbolt47
01-01-2016, 16:28

Am I alone here?

Games often "sound" impressive when they quote lots of cars and tracks, but there's a lot more to a good game than this. I rather see quality over quantity.

The reason for moving onto PC2 is that they have realized there are limitation to PC1. It's better to do this now rather than get 2 years down the line with people complaining they can't do certain things and end up way behind the competition.

Sure I want to see some new cars, but some people seem to be obsessed with getting a really high number of cars in the game and just seem to want all the latest and great cars as well as older cars, yet most people have probably never even driven a tenth of the 12,100 car/track combinations in game.

thegt500
01-01-2016, 16:53

You've hit the nail on the head NOTG. I've personally only used around a third of the cars in pCARS and would be happy with just them if the annoying bugs and issues were finally addressed and the game was as it is supposed to be.
I get frustrated at every patch that promises a 'fix' usually brings with it another issue, or just plain doesn't fix what it's supposed to. I'd be happy to forego new DLC for a couple of months if it meant SMS could divert more of its attention to fixing pCARS, as when it's working, its the best racing experience I've had on console.

FS7
01-01-2016, 17:00
I find it ironic when people complain about content in PCars and then mention AC which has less cars, less tracks, no dynamic weather, no night racing, and less options than PCars. Don't get me wrong, I've been following AC for a while, I've heard good things about it, I'll most likely get it when it's released on PS4, but I just don't get some of the comparisons/criticism between the 2 games.

My honest opinion: play both games, enjoy the good portions of both, post constructive criticism (if possible post screenshots & videos to help developers improve the game).

leon1772
01-01-2016, 17:38
Both games use a different dev model it seems. Kunos seems to be opting to stay with the AC platform for a while and expand it (slowly), very probably without major new features being added. SMS have identified enough areas in pC1 to improve on in such a way that it cannot be done in the original game, e.g. rewriting a large part of the renderer. pC2 will be more than just an expansion of pC1 that could have been added to pC1, it will be a new game.

I agree with you that pcars and AC are completely different development levels. PCARS 2 years after pcars1 why not if they really bring big news, but what I really hope is that you would not go out again PCARS every 2 years, but that's another subject. For me the real issue is that pcars1 is complete, which is the publisher of delivered? or animations are in the pits? delivered the multiplayer is still not possible for tires and there's still work.

John Hargreaves
01-01-2016, 17:47
I paid thirty quid way back to help support Assetto Corsa, and to be honest, I felt a little short changed by what I received in return in the base game, compared with pCars where I felt that I got far more for my money. A lot of AC's good stuff is in the dlc. When AC goes to console, I wonder how much content will be in the base game and how much will be pay extra dlc.

It's almost like the OP is trying to be provocative with his post, but I'm sure that's not the case.:rolleyes:

jack1984
01-01-2016, 18:00
I'm with Goat on this one.
My final swipe on this is simple - If you feel that pCARS is being abandoned then why not sign up to pCARS2 and ensure you have your say and participate in creating a game that you won't be disappointed in ?

Uhm...that was also done with PCars 1 where people asked for custom championships, ovals, proper triple screen support and animated pitstops. And look how it all ended...

Martin G Webb
01-01-2016, 18:27
Some of what SMS had planned hasn't made it into the game you're playing now but the commercial success of the game goes to prove that some of the 'Features' that were going to be in it didn't need to be.

As you didn't want to, I quoted myself on the bit about pCARS development. Not everything that was requested made it to the released product and for many, that's no bad thing.

havocc
01-01-2016, 18:40

Signup is closed

miagi
01-01-2016, 18:53
Actually the future of sim racing maybe looks brighter than ever before. With more powerful machines in customers hands, we will see a steady increase in simulation quality, with surely a few breakthroughs here and there. Actually pCARS1 and AC already achieved a breakthrough as they forced iRacing to rework their Iceracing tyre model they have when pCARS1 in pre-alpha showed what is possible.
However, not only the performance that was always a problem for car simulation is getting more in favour of racing sims, so are the input devices. Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec are brining out new gear in shorter gaps it seams, keep improving em and selling to a reasonable price too(new CSW Pedals come for a pretty reasonable price). Devices like Oculus and Vive will bring sim racing to a different level, generating a much more intense immersion while being more practical to place at home than a triple screen setup.

And with games like Forza and GranTurismo that are still selling, new racing fans are generated that are potential future sim racers. As they now even have the chance to step up on the consoles with pCARS :P

So all in all, sim racing future looks maybe better than ever...

azidahaka
01-01-2016, 18:56

Probably because for you dishing out other 70Euro is a no brainer. I expected a bit more substantial life in PCars; expected the Custom Championships to come, well my bad for i had just bought some DLC in expectation for the feature to be added. I Mean i guess i should have seen it coming after the ages long silence on the matter.

I like PCArs, but i guess this PCars 2 move means to me that i'll be on the fence do not preorder and wait for it to be dropped in price before i'll get it...

I would have preferred a 35euro UBER-Update to PCars 1 than to see it go down while a new game get worked on. As far as of now i consider the life-time too short; maybe i'm spoiled for the extra long GT support over the time.

Well i hope not too many will switch side when the other big names gets released, for i do love the game.

miagi
01-01-2016, 19:12
Probably because for you dishing out other 70Euro is a no brainer. I expected a bit more substantial life in PCars; expected the Custom Championships to come, well my bad for i had just bought some DLC in expectation for the feature to be added. I Mean i guess i should have seen it coming after the ages long silence on the matter.

I like PCArs, but i guess this PCars 2 move means to me that i'll be on the fence do not preorder and wait for it to be dropped in price before i'll get it...

I would have preferred a 35euro UBER-Update to PCars 1 than to see it go down while a new game get worked on. As far as of now i consider the life-time too short; maybe i'm spoiled for the extra long GT support over the time.

Well i hope not too many will switch side when the other big names gets released, for I do love the game.

I don't know. In the end a game development company is there to develop games. And I rather want to see them start on a new package than fiddle around on pCARS1 till no one plays it any more. I mean look at rFactor, they surely missed the right moment to start working on rFactor2.

Imo it's not fair to be too negative about it. Any other developer would have switched fully to the new game sooner or with a bigger part of the crew than SMS. Only reason SMS is getting negative comments on it, is because they were honest about it. And that in the end is pretty sad, it's because of this internet-user-behaviour why every game developer and publisher is trying to give out as little informations about the development process as possible :(

So appreciate the honesty dammit, appreciate it!

FS7
01-01-2016, 19:14
When AC goes to console, I wonder how much content will be in the base game and how much will be pay extra dlc.
Hopefully all DLC will be included in the AC base console version, otherwise a lot of console players will be discouraged to buy it.

lokpes
01-01-2016, 20:02
Just wonder if is only DLC that will stop in 4 months, or it will be the updates and bugfixs.

P.S: sorry for the bad english!

AOD_Danneskjold
01-01-2016, 20:20
I'm with "Nobody of the Goat" on this one. The ship keeps sailing, but there are still some major holes in it. Gigantic crippling bugs severely limit the Quality of the game, and I have little faith currently that any of them will be fixed anytime soon. Goat pointed out some of the big ones, but I'll give you another example:

It's been 5.5 weeks since the Classic Lotus Track Expansion pack, almost 40 days, and yet half of the tracks are still utterly broken and unusable online. What good is a future game and DLC when the current game doesn't work?

Seelenkrank
01-01-2016, 20:27
Hopefully all DLC will be included in the AC base console version, otherwise a lot of console players will be discouraged to buy it.

and why should PC users buy all dlcs and on console not?

madmaex
01-01-2016, 20:33
PC 1 and 2 needs MORE BTCC, WTCC, DTM cars CURRENT and 80's/90's !!!! if AC dus this dan PC has a problem !!!!!

FS7
01-01-2016, 21:30
PC users don't have to buy DLC if they don't want to, especially taking into account that PC version has free mods.
Just think of the console version as something like a GOTY edition.

Lewis Puppy
01-01-2016, 22:01
I've held out on all PC DLC's so far but I would consider buying a complete DLC bundle (for a discounted price of course);)

Markus Ott
01-01-2016, 22:10
I wonder where all this "this game needs more of the cars I like or it dies" believings come from.
BTCC? Who cares about BTCC outside of Britain? Nobody. It is the same with oval racing, it is a primarily american thing. Why should SMS waste money on a regional popular series when they instead could get globally recognized cars and series?
When it comes to action packed touring car fun I'd say among (sim) racers the V8 Supercars are even more popular than the WTCC.

Gravit8
01-01-2016, 23:05
To be honest, that should be applied to all driving sims. Every one of them has something that keeps us playing and something that annoys us. Not one of them is 'perfect'.

Can't think of anything to complain about Iracing. Accept the subscription or cost.
Damn near perfect, maybe someone else can name a flawed component.

Gravit8
01-01-2016, 23:22

Consoles pay $59 instead of $39 or $25 on steam sale. Get over it. We will get it free. And should.
We pay a premium for inferior products with no online leaderboards etc etc etc.
don't whine, consolers get robbed.

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 00:56
We pay a premium for inferior products with no online leaderboards etc etc etc.
don't whine, consolers get robbed.

Huh? No online leaderboards? I have leaderboard on my copy of pcars don't know what you're playing mate :p
Consolers do get robbed. PS online subspriction + inferior hardware and therefore lower gfx quality.
But we do get the console itself for far less than a capable PC.
Anyway, much of a muchness really.
VR and more sim titles on their way to consoles. I'm happy.
But I'm easily pleased, so my wife says ;)

BigDad
02-01-2016, 04:15
I wonder where all this "this game needs more of the cars I like or it dies" believings come from.
BTCC? Who cares about BTCC outside of Britain? Nobody. It is the same with oval racing, it is a primarily american thing. Why should SMS waste money on a regional popular series when they instead could get globally recognized cars and series?
When it comes to action packed touring car fun I'd say among (sim) racers the V8 Supercars are even more popular than the WTCC.
Well Mate if it's got 4 wheels and a motor i want to drive it . BTC's arepretty cool as are cars on ovals , if it's fast and close it's cool with me . And I'm in Australia so it's not an American or British thing. I dont know were people come up with that idea .
Motor sport fans like cars of all kinds .

SmileinHD
02-01-2016, 04:34
Can't think of anything to complain about Iracing. Accept the subscription or cost.

I know you're supposed to enjoy games for their gameplay and physics and all that, but Mariokart has better graphics than iracing. I haven't played it myself, but it just seems outdated to me.

imz14u2nv
02-01-2016, 05:45
I dont care if SMS doesnt offer Corvette, Nissan or Ferrari

Hey, Hey....Let's not get crazy now!!! lol

Kruleworld
02-01-2016, 07:02
people here are saying AC only has a few cars, but it has one thing that PCars doesn't: a modding community. Sure some of it sucks, but there is a hell of a lot more of content if you count those. I rarely use Kunos' own cars/tracks.

Eventually, Kunos has to move on with AC2 because they cannot keep supporting AC1 for years to come.
Kunos' initial roadmap included a 5 year timetable of ongoing support. who knows if they'll keep this promise, but it means you're wrong (for now).

i'd rather sms keep updating Pcars 1, as we KNOW they'll use some or all of the content in Pcars 2, so why not make it for both?

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 07:07
I've held out on all PC DLC's so far but I would consider buying a complete DLC bundle (for a discounted price of course);)

They're cheap. I didn't get all of them (Modified and Old vs New I think).
Have a squiz. I'd highly recommend the Renault, Icons and Audi packs, but that's personal pref. The Lotus Historic stuff were great. Bought it, but I'm no good at driving them with a controller! :(
I mean ~€Ģ$5 for 5 cars and the odd track or 3? Please.
I wouldn't buy all of them. Just the 1s that interest me.

people here are saying AC only has a few cars, but it has one thing that PCars doesn't: a modding community. Sure some of it sucks, but there is a hell of a lot more of content if you count those. I rarely use Kunos' own cars/tracks.

I see some mods on their way to pcars. There's a thread on it, at the official forum. SMS don't officially support it.
Modding is great if you have the title on PC. Then you gotta cut your way through the garbage to find particular quality mods. All part of the appeal, I know.
But what about consoles?

Cheesenium
02-01-2016, 07:23

And most of the mods in AC are either terrible to drive or looks awful. I used to download a lot of mods, most of them are terrible to the point that I rather see more Dreams Pack from Kunos than depending on modders for content. And the need to maintain and fix the mods in a massive patch is quite a pain.

Kunos' initial roadmap included a 5 year timetable of ongoing support. who knows if they'll keep this promise, but it means you're wrong (for now).

It is called initial roadmap for a reason and plans will change if there is need. At least for me, the engine they have is quite limited in terms of features and technical aspect which I dont think they can keep supporting the game for the next 3 years. It is quite lacking compared to many other games in the market.

Knowing 505 who was said to be a questionable publisher and did invested quite a bit into AC, I wont be surprised that 505 push Kunos towards AC2 than supporting Ac1 after console launch.

i'd rather sms keep updating Pcars 1, as we KNOW they'll use some or all of the content in Pcars 2, so why not make it for both?

I dont mind they move on to pcars 2 because a lot of heavily requested features is difficult to do to a live game without breaking the game. And also, pcars 2 will deliver more of the talked about features that was thrown around in pcars 1 development.

DECATUR PLAYA
02-01-2016, 09:10
The future of sim racing is great in my opinion. Pcars has forced all the other gamemakers hand. Forza put on its best poker face but everybody saw through it. AC will be designing for consoles and are already behind Pcars in that department. The new nascar game has already said that it's 2016 game will be a SIM once again behind pcars in that department. Forza did weather but no dynamic weather once again behind Pcars in this department. IRacing has no AI racing, career path, or anything designed for single player gameplay.

All this and Pcars still has content that has yet to be released. If nothing else as a NASCAR gaming fan the fact that the next nascar game will be a SIM is enough for me to say that the future of SIM racing is bright. I think Pcars will do nascar and oval racing justice that's why I hope they do it.

If they just release the ovals and the INDY car and V8 supercar as it seems a lot of guys are looking for the supercar I think it makes sense to start working on Pcars2. The longer they wait to start on it the longer it will be before we get it. I would still like to see bug fixing to make sure the game that we have to play while waiting on Pcars2 is in good working order.

Edit: Forgot the Gen 6 Ford Fusion or/and 2012 Fusion we need those to.

Salty Dog
02-01-2016, 10:11
pcars 1 was abandoned let's be honest,the amount of features they dropped,pitcrew,ovals,custom championship,multiclass....they shouldn't have started on 2 when 1 wasn't even finished

Hi mate,

Im of the thinking that its better and smarter for SMS to put their time, money and resources into PC2 so that when it comes out that money, time and effort will show and it wont be half baked a 2nd time.

Im very thankful for PC1, i spent $58 on it, it was the first game i bought with the ps4 and ive got a TONNE of great value with that $58, to be totally honest i think i owe them not the other way around, the best money ive ever spent on a game and its the only race game currently worth playing on the PS4, and the game just keeps on giving to me.

I understand people getting a bit upset on the 2nd instalment of a game but PC was the first one, nothings perfect the first time around, nothings ever perfect for that matter.

Talk about 1st world problems lol

Im just bloody thankful that ive got a game on PS4 that i can hammer round my home track in Mt Panorama i a whole range of great cars even if its a little light on cars theres plenty there to have a damn good time with, the graphics are awesome, the physics is solid if you get the right tunings, the cars sound great, i dont have to buy my cars, i can just get in any car and drive, and so you should if you pay for a game, i dont pay to have silly gimmicks where i earn cars, id rather spend that time learning about driving different cars.

This game has it all for me, yes id love some Aussie V8 supercars modern and classic but at the end of the day its all cool, its not a deal breaker, as long as the game has room for Australias most iconic track in Mount Panorama like in PC1, im all over PC2 and im more than happy to put my hard earned in SMS hands for giving me a hell of a lot of fun.

The future of sim racing is very bright, i actually think we are only just scratching the surface of sim racing in the year 2016, the futures very bright,

cheers

maxpainpayne
02-01-2016, 10:48

Im not a fan of how they announced pcars 2 two months after release of pcars 1. I suspected then there will be mediocre dlc content and minor improvements added to this first game. So far my presumptions were right. So basically I brought pcars 1 in order to wait for pcars 2 to receive the wow moment I have been waiting for. Yes, it is a solid decision but not a decision I will support.

below is a post from August 2015 "Understanding Pcars 2 for Dummies".

"Q: But the bugs! Shouldn't SMS "finish" PCars 1 first?

A: PCars 1 is finished from a production standpoint. Additional content and bugfixes will continue to be released. SMS has a team of roughly 40 people working on PCars 1 still correcting issues and prepping/finishing DLC content. In fact, since Project Cars 2 was announced, SMS has also announced Project CARS patch 2.0 announced Project CARS patch 3.0 containing over 75 over 140 fixes, adjustments and additions across all platforms.

Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad 
Purchasers of pcars1.0 have a right to a well-functioning game and Ian/SMS are working hard to provide that."

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32673-(FAQ)-PCars2-quot-For-Dummies-quot&highlight=dummies

yeah, but I also don't want to get a well functioning game after year of updates waiting then surprise, pcars 2 has arrived (maybe actually the updated pcars 1 with new model cars added and new title screen). To me this feels like some Paid Beta Testing experiment.

bmanic
02-01-2016, 12:35

etc.

Spot on!

I think SMS really needs to pull their sleeves up and PROPERLY fix the game once and for all. This will be hard work but should be done, even if it takes a lot of effort (and for the love of god, USE US WMD PEOPLE TO TEST THE FRIGGIN GAME BEFORE RELEASING PATCHES!! Whatever QA department you are using now is doing a terrible job!!). There are still a lot of issues that the WMD members have been pointing out over and over again. Some of the DLC and patch introduced bugs are almost inexcusable. Many of them we've found in less than 10 minutes of game time. Please, enable a beta branch again for Steam users so that we can help.

The most ideal situation would be an almost 100% bug free pCars 1 so that we can grow the user base and have a game to properly enjoy while waiting for pCars 2. I realize this is probably financially non-rewarding when looked at a short time line but in the long run I'm sure it'll pay itself.

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 13:14
I suspected then there will be mediocre dlc content and minor improvements added to this first game. So far my presumptions were right.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
But seriously is it that bad you gotta try steer it to a s*fight?
I'm with salty on this one. Pcars 2015 is just the beginning. Competition breeds excellence.
Its us sim racers who are sitting pretty enjoying the fruits.
Considering what some is us would and have paid for a mere few hours of entertainment ( ;) ), $100 on a game plus a few DLC with hundreds of hours of fun is, well, agreeable to say the least :)

Salty Dog
02-01-2016, 14:29
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
But seriously is it that bad you gotta try steer it to a s*fight?
I'm with salty on this one. Pcars 2015 is just the beginning. Competition breeds excellence.
Its us sim racers who are sitting pretty enjoying the fruits.
Considering what some is us would and have paid for a mere few hours of entertainment ( ;) ), $100 on a game plus a few DLC with hundreds of hours of fun is, well, agreeable to say the least :)

Spot on mate, and competition as far as racing games this coming year is going to be very strong, certainly on the PS4 and i think SMS will respond with a great game with PC2

Dirt Rally, Sebastien Loeb evo Rally, Assetto Corsa, GT Sport, theres some good competition right there and imo PC2 can be at the top of the heap after building on and ironing out what is an already strong game imo.

Bring on PC2, forget the gimmicks that some games need to rely on prop up a poor game, id be happy with an ironed out version of the same game with more tracks, more cars and leave it in the hands of SMS to see how much they can improve Physics.

My preference is for more classic and modern V8 touring cars and supercars, but we all cant get exactly what we want and i realise that those sort of cars appeal to a limited group so im not expecting much, but a few would be really cool, id also love to see some Aussie V8 Holden racing utes but the chances of that are very slim i realise haha.

Maybe instead of all these very expensive very elite racing cars that everybody seems to love in games we could get a few more 'working mans' race cars, thats part of the charm of touring cars for me, especially in the 70s and 80s in Australia and Britain, but i realise this isnt going to happen, but id love just a couple :)

cheers

Pr3t3nd3r
02-01-2016, 14:52
PCars1 has more content (tracks and cars) than AC, so what's the problem ?

If you prefer quantity over the quality ;)

Lewis Puppy
02-01-2016, 15:19

you mean iceRacing, lol

Flat_out
02-01-2016, 19:32
If this game was totally sorted out on Xbox.
No matter what new sim title's come to consoles, SMS would have a customer for life.

But please fix pcars1 or other titles will become more appealing when they are released!

David Wright
02-01-2016, 20:17
You are accused of milking your customers if you release DLC and you are accused of abandoning your product if you stop.

While Kunos have not publicly announced they have started work on AC2, they have said that certain features will never appear in AC1 and have talked about there being an AC2 at some point. AC is not like iRacing where you get improvements for ever (for a subscription fee of course). ACs console release this year presumably means Kunos are under less financial pressure to make a sequel.

Seelenkrank
02-01-2016, 20:33
yes because we buy there dlcs to support them so they can do this.

Mahjik
02-01-2016, 23:39

Tires...

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 23:43
If this game was totally sorted out on Xbox.
No matter what new sim title's come to consoles, SMS would have a customer for life.

But please fix pcars1 or other titles will become more appealing when they are released!

Same on PS4. Lot of guys I've raced with have had problems with the game crashing and/or wheel bugging out. X1 sounds to be the most problematic. Ian Bell said a while ago that consoles are at 99% with processing power: I'd say that's an understatement, or at least accurate at the lowest-load settings (no rain, small grid, some gfx options off etc).
Being pushed to its limits there's bound to be buggy behaviour. Pcars2 is supposed to be more efficient in processing power, but I don't see it running properly smooth until next gen consoles are out: by which we'll have matured VR (and a matured title) etc to throw in the equation and hopefully its all peachy.
They'll keep smoothing out the bugs over the year as best they can but considering the state of the console hardware, I'm not expecting too much.
Really what pcars is aiming for is a small market (hardcore sim racers), and to succeed I think its imperative to retain the base with a quality product that allows some of us sim geeks to do endurance races etc without bugging out. Considering the state of internet connections too which vary wildly, that's also something out of SMS (and Kunos) hands and all they can do is optimise.

bmanic
03-01-2016, 00:18
Tires...

Well.. to be fair, when did you last try iRacing? It's made some huge leaps forward in the last few updates. If they continue improving the tire at this pace they'll catch up before pCars 2 is released. :)

Mahjik
03-01-2016, 00:24
Well.. to be fair, when did you last try iRacing?

Last week...

Gravit8
03-01-2016, 01:26
Tires...

Just cause you said so? Or got any relavent data or even thoughts.
Seems like a reach with no evidence.

Gravit8
03-01-2016, 01:27
Last week...

So you are subscriber to Iracing?
Or just use a free trial to test it once in a while?
Haha.

Gravit8
03-01-2016, 01:37
Huh? No online leaderboards? I have leaderboard on my copy of pcars don't know what you're playing mate :p
Consolers do get robbed. PS online subspriction + inferior hardware and therefore lower gfx quality.
But we do get the console itself for far less than a capable PC.
Anyway, much of a muchness really.
VR and more sim titles on their way to consoles. I'm happy.
But I'm easily pleased, so my wife says ;)

Yeah. There's an FA car on top of every PS4 leader board since it doesn't separate makes of car, like the PC version does.

So essentially no useable PS4 leader board, unless you drive the FA.
Nice try though. Console releases get robbed of more than just that as well.
No dedicated servers. Etc

IJOJOI
03-01-2016, 01:39
Haha.

I agree in terms of tyre compounds...
I really miss that in iRacing. I hope they'll be able to nail it on terms of performance to the current tyres.

Cheesenium
03-01-2016, 02:23

Overpriced business model. Subscription. No offline AI.

Mahjik
03-01-2016, 02:38
Just cause you said so? Or got any relavent data or even thoughts.
Seems like a reach with no evidence.

It has to deal with the scrubbing that I mentioned in this post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42217-Project-CARS-Survey-2015/page9&p=1202279#post1202279

We (the NASA Central Racing Region) have a winter league going on so I've been driving a few unofficial races. iRacing never really appealed to me, but I keep my subscription in case things change. The one thing all the race drivers commented on was the tire behavior. It never really scrubs so once past the grip level, the cars get into unrealistically uncontrollable spins. This is what makes saving a car easier in pCARS but it's also more realistic behavior.

Check out my car at the 3:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQSopLM4u2M

You'll see it slides and I don't really have to back off. As the car slides, it's scrubbing off speed. It scrubs off just enough to gain traction and it's off to the races again. In iRacing, that more often then not ends with the car sliding out of control.

iRacing has the best multiplayer model out there for sim racing. No doubt about it. However, their tire model is still lacking in many areas.

Haha.

I don't use it much, but I've been a member since 2008-07-04 (i.e. the last phase of the beta testing). You can look me up if you don't think I hold an account: "Kyle Pearson"

leon1772
03-01-2016, 08:27

I agree with you that pcars and AC are completely different development levels. PCARS 2 years after pcars1 why not if they really bring big news, but what I really hope is that you would not go out again PCARS every 2 years, but that's another subject. For me the real issue is that pcars1 is complete, which is the publisher of delivered? or animations are in the pits? delivered the multiplayer is still not possible for tires and there's still work.

bmanic
04-01-2016, 21:05
Last week...

Ouch.. :)

Well, I hope you agree that they are slowly but surely heading in the right direction. iRacing was the most unrealistic sim in terms of tires for a very long time.. now I'm not so sure any more. The updates have made the cars make a lot more sense. They have still a long way to go but things are looking really good in my opinion.

stangnutlx
04-01-2016, 22:23
no one can complain about Iracing's dated graphics that come from NR2003 and absurd subscription costs and vehicle/track prices? Ive been subscribed for the last 4 years and the game sucks

marcdxn
04-01-2016, 22:41
no one can complain about Iracing's dated graphics that come from NR2003 and absurd subscription costs and vehicle/track prices? Ive been subscribed for the last 4 years and the game sucks

You have been subscribed to a payment plan for a game that you say sucks for 4 years and then you mention the absurd subscription costs.

lol

i won't say anything else ill get banned from the forum

Gravit8
04-01-2016, 23:20

You seem like a wise guy. Or a really good supporter.

Mahjik
05-01-2016, 00:47
Ouch.. :)

Well, I hope you agree that they are slowly but surely heading in the right direction. iRacing was the most unrealistic sim in terms of tires for a very long time.. now I'm not so sure any more. The updates have made the cars make a lot more sense. They have still a long way to go but things are looking really good in my opinion.

It's better, yes. However, there are better models out there today. The question was about naming something to complain about with iRacing. Tires is my main complaint (although I have many others).

maxpainpayne
05-01-2016, 10:58
have this Iracing simulator announced a sequel (Iracing2)? or are they focused on game improvement and gamer satisfaction?

leader-boards why is my ps4 or xbox one too inferior to pc to have well functioning leader boards in pcars. forza6 and driveclub has boards based on what car class I want to trial against, but in project cars I am forced to broad restriction such as open wheel (no formula b or c) clearly those cars are not as fast as fa cars. At some point i read that it was too costly for pcars to have an advanced leader board. I don't believe this

seriously, this all is nearly making me laugh. the thought of ignoring real problems with this game leads to you having only a select few partners to race with everyday, because only those few still believes the world is still flat.

miagi
05-01-2016, 17:18
have this Iracing simulator announced a sequel (Iracing2)? or are they focused on game improvement and gamer satisfaction?

With the payment model they have, something like iRacing2 wouldn't make much sense, unless they switch the payment model with it.

NeonFlux
05-01-2016, 17:25

leader-boards why is my ps4 or xbox one too inferior to pc to have well functioning leader boards in pcars. forza6 and driveclub has boards based on what car class I want to trial against, but in project cars I am forced to broad restriction such as open wheel (no formula b or c) clearly those cars are not as fast as fa cars. At some point i read that it was too costly for pcars to have an advanced leader board. I don't believe this

seriously, this all is nearly making me laugh. the thought of ignoring real problems with this game leads to you having only a select few partners to race with everyday, because only those few still believes the world is still flat.

Unfortunately, I believe that developers are restricted by Sony and Microsoft as to how many leaderboards they can have in their games so this particular issue would need to be picked up with them and not sms. It's lame but probably not much sms can do about it :(

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-01-2016, 20:13
Future of sim racing overall is brighter than it has been in almost a decade. For the longest time we were stuck with frankly early 2000s tech in every game, only small updates here and there, now we have multiple actively developed state of the art sims and confirmed sequels with even more state of the art stuff to come in them. This is the first proper sim boom since about 2005 and rFactor =).
offers only genuine official licensed cars (no made up cars) and while it has its flaws, it's a serious sim as they refuse to add fantasy tracks / cars which I respect.On the other hand it offers tons of made up fictional upgrade levels to them, like the one that makes the Lotus Exos into an F1 level car.

I can't really say that "serious sim" title precludes the game from having fantasy tracks and cars for me at least, because that'd basically mean there isn't a single serious simulator out there. Even iRacing has fictional cars (racing Rufs) and some otherwise really serious sims have almost nothing but fictional cars and tracks (LFS, rFactor, and for a long while rF2 as well).

pcars 1 was abandoned let's be honest,the amount of features they dropped,pitcrew,ovals,custom championship,multiclass....they shouldn't have started on 2 when 1 wasn't even finished"Abandoned" is very very different from "not being able to properly achieve with current base and resources, no matter how much they want to". Many of the things "dropped" from pCARS are things that turned out to be much more work than initially thought and/or not be feasible without a massive rewrite of some core component, something that isn't really doable in an already released game. And the only reason most of these features are known about by so many people is because of the way pCARS was developed, openly, with the devs constantly not just talking about what they will do, but also what they want to do. In a normal game release, one where the game is developed in secrecy through out, you would only ever hear about features that the devs are almost totally certain will be in come release or very soon after, and the stuff that was more uncertain or just "wishlist" material would be kept quiet about. With pCARS you heard about every little thing they wanted and tried to do, regardless of whether it actually worked out or not. It's one lesson learned from doing pCARS the way it was done, at least.
Damn near perfect, maybe someone else can name a flawed component.A bit rant'ish from me, but here goes: Impossible to play the game even in solo practice mode with cars and tracks you've bought unless you pay the subscription as well, almost literally no support for any sort of single player, physics don't feel as convincing to me as pCARS and AC, especially on lower end cars (too slippery and harsh on the edge according to real life drivers as well, I can't really remember many commenting positively about the physics, but have read a lot of bad comments, though they do appreciate the super accurate tracks), weather seems to only affect ambient and track temperatures, no rain etc., ludicrously priced DLC, limited options to run a "just for fun" online sessions, and on a purely personal note only 1 interesting car in the whole game (Lotus 49), a total lack of road cars.

I have the warm fuzzies about almost every racing sim, just for keeping the genre alive. Not iRacing though.
people here are saying AC only has a few cars, but it has one thing that PCars doesn't: a modding community. Sure some of it sucks, but there is a hell of a lot more of content if you count those. I rarely use Kunos' own cars/tracks.Even though I played rFactor for about 8 years (still have several installs) and enjoyed many great mods (HistorX, EnduRacers, etc.) I still say sod the mods, bring in official content. The modding experience really tends to be wading through the 99% of excrement to get to the 1% of pearls, and even then you're constantly battling with online mismatches, compatibility errors and the like. And that's not even mentioning the massive amount of illegal mods out there. The best part about rFactor modding really was getting Niels a job at Reiza studios. In fact, the only really, seriously good thing about modding I can think of from an end-user point of view is giving talented people a place to show their skills and be picked up by professional developers (like many modders have, or even create their own studio like Ian and the others did).
Im not a fan of how they announced pcars 2 two months after release of pcars 1.I find these accusations very unfair. This is only and purely due to the way the games are developed. It is completely normal that a studio will begin work on the sequel very soon after the first game comes out, often even before, you just don't hear about it because the games are being developed behind closed doors. pCARS and pCARS 2 on the other hand are infinitely more openly developed, you can't get the people in through WMD without making it known that the game is being developed, so pCARS 2 was announced once they were certain they could actually make it (after seeing how well pCARS was received). pCARS 2 won't come out any earlier because of it, there will still be years between the games, the only difference is that it's common knowledge that there will be a sequel. Before Ubi went crazy with the series there was a gap of two years between Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2, but the official confirmation for 2 was only given a year after release of the original. The game had most definitely been under development for a long time before that, they just didn't talk about it before that, and could do it like that because everything happened in house, development, funding, everything. pCARS 2 is partially crowdfunded and anyone enthusiastic about it could get in right at the start of development, so SMS can't very well keep it a secret until it's more convenient.

have this Iracing simulator announced a sequel (Iracing2)? or are they focused on game improvement and gamer satisfaction?iRacing isn't really a single game, iRacing is a service. They have constant influx of money from subscriptions, so they don't need to sell copies. They've changed many of their simulation systems several times during the time they've been out, and it makes sense for them to do that because they don't get paid by the copy unlike the vast majority of games. The same could be applied to for example MMORPGs, Guild Wars is sold by the copy and doesn't have subscriptions, so there is a Guild Wars 1 and a Guild Wars 2, but WoW is a continuing service with subscriptions that gets updated and extended continuously, so there isn't a WoW 2.

TNTNitro
05-01-2016, 22:19
two good games but played Assetto Corsa with control of the xbox and I found that works best to project cars.
Assetto also has a replay system much better.
Project Cars have more cars and tracks.
I'm very curious to see AC on PS4 Xbox

morpwr
05-01-2016, 23:13
I bought my first ps (yes the first ps ) when I heard gt was coming out along with every gt after a g25 then shortly after a g27 and a well worn playseat at this point. Now we have p cars that has brought it to a whole new level at least on consoles. Yes maybe they couldn't do everything they wanted and its not perfect yet but the game is still amazing once you get your wheel figured out. Obviously others where watching with the new sims coming to consoles and I'm sure it will force others to up their game to stay relevant. So I'm ok with what sms has done and the future is looking pretty good. I cant wait to see what p cars 2 brings.