PDA

View Full Version : When and where do you adjust Seat position and FOV?

Victima
01-01-2016, 16:46
I adjust seat position and FOV parking out of track after leaving the pits, I donīt find the way to stop automatic car starting from the pits, does it exist really?

kevin kirk
01-01-2016, 17:17
In practice or warmup. Its not really the fov that's a pain in the ass.Its matching controller settings to it. Me being on controller means i have to match my speed sensitivity controller settings to how low or high my field of view settings are. Meaning, if I lower my field of view without raising my speed sensitivity controller settings the car will want to turn to fast. Making a track like bathhursts tight down hill sections undrivable with a lower field of view,or sluggish with a higher fov

Fanapryde
01-01-2016, 17:40
I adjust seat position and FOV parking out of track after leaving the pits, I donīt find the way to stop automatic car starting from the pits, does it exist really?
I use the same method, not much other possibilities I'm afraid.
Just wish we could save these settings per car...

John Hargreaves
01-01-2016, 17:51
I usually do it along a straight, it's a bit like fiddling with the radio or looking for that bag of jelly babies I had in the glovebox :) You can get pretty quick at it though, and it feels great when you get it just right.

Victima
01-01-2016, 18:27
Told by a friend: 1)Start in practice, 2)click Drive, 3)Stop Drive= return to menu, now shows " Return to Pit Box", 4)Click "Return to Pit Box, 5)Click "Monitor", 6)If your name or car do not shows search it by the head -arrows, 7)Click the "eye"icon, 8) Change camera by the assigned button, 9)now you can change FOV and seat adjustments at still car

Scoobydude46
01-01-2016, 20:03
Picked up a bluetooth keyboard, the one that attatches to the controler, then assigned letters or arrows on the keypad to seat adjustment, abs off, traction control. you can assign just about everything to the key pad. then heypresto you switch eveything out on track to your hearts desire.

LukeC
01-01-2016, 22:28
Picked up a bluetooth keyboard, the one that attatches to the controler, then assigned letters or arrows on the keypad to seat adjustment, abs off, traction control. you can assign just about everything to the key pad. then heypresto you switch eveything out on track to your hearts desire.

Is it possible to assign fov, seat, brake bias etc to the ps4 controller while using a wheel? I'm using a thrustmaster t300 Rs which doesn't have enough buttons and I can't seem to get my ps4 to recognise the controller when the wheel is plugged in. It's always either the ps4 controller or the thrustmaster.

Udd-
01-01-2016, 23:27
Is it possible to assign fov, seat, brake bias etc to the ps4 controller while using a wheel? I'm using a thrustmaster t300 Rs which doesn't have enough buttons and I can't seem to get my ps4 to recognise the controller when the wheel is plugged in. It's always either the ps4 controller or the thrustmaster.

Yes, just hook up a keyboard and most of the pc commands will work. Fov is + and - on numerical. Free camera is control + K and then move around with qweasd and numerical

LukeC
02-01-2016, 00:50
Yes, just hook up a keyboard and most of the pc commands will work. Fov is + and - on numerical. Free camera is control + K and then move around with qweasd and numerical

But is it possible use a ps4 controller instead of keyboard? In other words can I assign different functionalities to for example the up/ down buttons on the ps4 controller to the ones I have assigned to the up/ down buttons on the thrustmaster wheel?

BigDad
02-01-2016, 04:11
NO!