PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

Alexandre Bardet
02-01-2016, 11:59
1) Brake Temperatures
How can I know around what temperature I should keep the brakes at of a given car? I'm trying some LMPs at Le Mans, I feel like I can close the brake ducts safely but really I have no Idea if they are overheating, I have no idea if 600 or 900 is good or bad... Everything looks green on the telemetry HUD. Does that mean it's all good? If they were too hot would I see them getting a different color?

2) Radiator
I can't see anything anywhere showing me the engine temperature. How can I know if it's ok to close it and how much?

3) Bottoming down
Trying to set ride height, springs rate and bump stops but I can't tell when I am bottoming down. What am I suppose to feel?

4) Toe Out and Toe In
Toe Out is when the values are negative? And Toe In is when the values are positive? Or its the opposite?

Mad Al
02-01-2016, 13:26
1) Brake Temperatures
How can I know around what temperature I should keep the brakes at of a given car? I'm trying some LMPs at Le Mans, I feel like I can close the brake ducts safely but really I have no Idea if they are overheating, I have no idea if 600 or 900 is good or bad... Everything looks green on the telemetry HUD. Does that mean it's all good? If they were too hot would I see them getting a different color?

2) Radiator
I can't see anything anywhere showing me the engine temperature. How can I know if it's ok to close it and how much?

3) Bottoming down
Trying to set ride height, springs rate and bump stops but I can't tell when I am bottoming down. What am I suppose to feel?

4) Toe Out and Toe In
Toe Out is when the values are negative? And Toe In is when the values are positive? Or its the opposite?

Yes just keep the brakes in the green, they go red when overheated (and they stop working properly..) Basically the fewer braking points on a circuit (and the more long straights) the more you can close the ducts

All the cars have a temperature gauge.. set a key for changing the LCD display so you can see it in Motec displays... also you can tell when the engine gets too hot, you'll see puffs of steam in the mirror

You will hear the car hit the road if you set it to low and the telemetry HUD shows travel on the suspension

It's the Toe In angle so -ve should be Toe Out