PDA

View Full Version : Another great Day of Racing

Jason PLAdoh
02-01-2016, 20:41
So Another great Day of Racing, Get Car setup right, Do your Practice, Do your Qualifying, Not Brilliant but consistent, Race Starts, First corner Smashed of the Track.

Rinse & Repeat

At least it's only a Game and not a Sim.

Zinex
02-01-2016, 21:33
hahaha sounds like u need to play time trial all day like me lol. Cant take online, the heartbreak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nWYdqyg7A0

AlanK
02-01-2016, 22:43
I think it's because there's a lot of new people just after Xmas, who haven't yet found the brake pedal/button. It was the same just after launch but by the autumn it had settled down quite a bit, when the rammers got bored.

I had the same yesterday for the first race, when I picked one with around 20 players (natural herding instinct, perhaps?!). After that I had two really good, clean races with maybe 6 or 7 cars in each. My recommendation is to go for the smaller races and leave the massive wreck fests to the rammers. I also avoid ones with long-winded practice/quali/warm up sessions, so as not to waste too much time if it does turn out badly.

nono782
02-01-2016, 23:57
There is one thing to do to educate them, only one : you push = you get a penalty (for instance your car is ghosted and slowed for xx seconds depending on how hard you pushed)
I know, people will say it may cause undeserved penalties sometimes.
That's right, but 9 times in 10 it would do the job correctly.
Overall, not such a high price to pay to make the MP safer.

AlGartner
03-01-2016, 08:13
There is one thing to do to educate them, only one : you push = you get a penalty (for instance your car is ghosted and slowed for xx seconds depending on how hard you pushed)
I know, people will say it may cause undeserved penalties sometimes.
That's right, but 9 times in 10 it would do the job correctly.
Overall, not such a high price to pay to make the MP safer.

I'll second that on the whole...Still, there's more accuracy to acquire in penalties : u may inherit a penalty for crossing corner because the guy behind you is unable to spell the word b.r.a.k.e., pushes the car in front through corner and passes by whithout penalty...which becomes yours, given you're sitting out track :mad:

presuming ed
03-01-2016, 08:16
They need to get the current penalties right first - at Imola the other night I got hit at the first corner, forced across the gravel, penalty for cutting, hit again while going slow, reversed back onto track, hit again, disqualfied. While all the people who did the ramming at the first corner were still running.

I agree with the suggestion above - avoid long winded free practice, long qualifying, warm up servers because it just turns into a massive waste of time.

I have a dedicated server running to try and combat this. It's server controlled so will always cycle through around 10 suitable tracks, is currently running GT3 tracks. 15 min quali, 5 lap race, change track then do it again. It's called 'Quickfire racing'.

AlanK
03-01-2016, 11:56
I'll keep an eye out for Quickfire Racing. I had a good race the other night on a server eloquently named something like (and I apologise if this language is not permitted) "No Knob Heads". You'd think this would attract every rammer out of sheer devilment, but it actually seemed to work. Sheer genius! :)

Umer Ahmad
03-01-2016, 12:15
An active host that uses his/her kickban power is always helpful. The AOD guys were hosting last night an open lobby and the host was actively kicking out laggers, rammers and those that simply could not keep their vehicle on the track.

nono782
03-01-2016, 13:48
Yes but the poor host can't play.

MJP
03-01-2016, 15:43
To cap it all, everyone's favourite wrecker's back for the new year. Hadn't seen him for awhile rather hoped he'd got bored of PC but it seems not. :(

presuming ed
04-01-2016, 07:36
Yes but the poor host can't play.

I'd be happy to stop and boot people off in qualifying, also in the race if I've been bumped to the back. Only issue for me is player names aren't displayed in the Rift so if I'm not careful I'll bump the wrong people.

Looking at server options I'm in two minds over 'force realistic driving aids'. Does this override the individual's traction control, abs, stability settings? I have all of these set to off and wouldn't really want it to put them on for me. But I guess it would level the field a bit.