PDA

View Full Version : Best AI grid sizes

nissan4ever
03-01-2016, 01:50
If you are running in non rain environments. I recommend AI grids of no more that 23. If you want to run in the rain, I recommend no more than 17 AI grids.

Anymore in the respective weather will cause massive slow down. In regards to how fast the tarmac moves on your screen. Regardless if you're playing on Xbox One or PS4. It's all about having the smoothest & fastest action on your TV screen.

If you've ever ran with 30+ grid & wondered why the tarmac on your screen is moving slow. Your complex physics and simple AI physics, plus dynamic weather and time are the culprit. This is the reason for slower lap times with large grids. Even if you're hitting your marks for your turns.

John Hargreaves
03-01-2016, 09:53
I usually have 19 AI, making me no. 20 on the grid and start at the back. Plenty to keep you occupied there.

nissan4ever
03-01-2016, 18:39
I usually have 19 AI, making me no. 20 on the grid and start at the back. Plenty to keep you occupied there.

Yeah, more than enough to keep you occupied. What car class do you normally find yourself racing the most? I dabble in a little of everything.

kevin kirk
04-01-2016, 20:52
thank you good sir,you might have solved my open wheel cars moving in slow motion issue.

John Hargreaves
08-01-2016, 21:05
Yeah, more than enough to keep you occupied. What car class do you normally find yourself racing the most? I dabble in a little of everything.

Me too actually, I love the GT3/4s, the Lotus 49s, Capri/M1s, for racing any of the tintop race cars really. Rocket Bunny/MP12-C McLaren/BMW 1M for drifting. BAC Mono for hotlapping. Love any of the historics and the 90s touring cars. Only ones I've never fully got into are the LMP cars, not sure why.

nissan4ever
09-01-2016, 01:12

You got this game on PC only or also Xbox One? As long as you got a beefy PC, grid size doesn't matter at all.

nissan4ever
09-01-2016, 01:12
Me too actually, I love the GT3/4s, the Lotus 49s, Capri/M1s, for racing any of the tintop race cars really. Rocket Bunny/MP12-C McLaren/BMW 1M for drifting. BAC Mono for hotlapping. Love any of the historics and the 90s touring cars. Only ones I've never fully got into are the LMP cars, not sure why.

Oh I enjoy the LMP1 & LMP2 ;)

John Hargreaves
09-01-2016, 14:00
You got this game on PC only or also Xbox One? As long as you got a beefy PC, grid size doesn't matter at all.

PC and PS4 only, so sorry for chipping in here, but I was just meaning that you don't need a massive grid for good gameplay, there's plenty of fun to be had with an F1 sized grid. I really must put some track time in the LMPs. I love that Oreca Nissan one though, I think it's the cockpit view on the closed LMP1s that I find a bit claustrophobic.

oldmodelt
09-01-2016, 18:05
I think it's the cockpit view on the closed LMP1s that I find a bit claustrophobic.

Imagine how it must feel in real life. :hurt:

Jezza819
11-01-2016, 19:14
I run with 23 and AI on 70 and start randomly. It can be a little problem if I get stuck too far back in the grid at say like Monza where there is a good chance the track will be blocked at the first chicane. But I still take my chances with it and sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. That's racing.

SNBStorm
11-01-2016, 21:54
I have always ran races with grids of 15 - 20 since the games release back in May, never really ventured any further than those size grids. I have always experienced good issue free racing with the AI in all weather settings be it day or night.

Samsara
13-01-2016, 07:41
This is the reason for slower lap times with large grids. Even if you're hitting your marks for your turns.
Running with 45 open-wheelers @ Willow Springs is a nightmare. I knew beforehand that the framerate would take a dip, but not to the extent that it feels like my console is doped up on depressants.

That experience made me realize that I did not have to push the grid limit every time. 20-25 is perfect for me.

nissan4ever
13-01-2016, 08:21
Running with 45 open-wheelers @ Willow Springs is a nightmare. I knew beforehand that the framerate would take a dip, but not to the extent that it feels like my console is doped up on depressants.

That experience made me realize that I did not have to push the grid limit every time. 20-25 is perfect for me.

That's great!