PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G29 cutout

GamerSX
03-01-2016, 07:33
I was playing PCar today for about 3 and a half hours. Having a great time (and losing) as per usual. Then we go to Donington Park GP in a GT3 series race, I was using the a RUF RGT-8 GT3.

First corner, mid way round, the accelerator cuts out. I notice the abs came on at the same time, it rolls for a moment then the accelerator kicks back in. This happened a number of times in specific locations around the track. I then quit multiplayer and loaded the same car and track in practice and it happened there too.

I have just powered the system down. I will try again soon but thought I'd reach out to the community first.

Has anyone had this happen? I am concerned that I may have to take my new wheel back to the store. Hope I can find a receipt!

Further tests...
Just watching the telemetry data, my brake is coming on intermittently...Noooo! Now I have to suss out wether it's the game or the wheel. It still only happens at certain spots on the track and was not happening earlier today. I will upload a clip to show the issue a bit later.

I checked if I had braking assist switched off... It was not. Turning it off fixed the issue.

This means that there is possibly a bug with the braking assist on this track.

If anyone can let me know if it has happened to them

GamerSX
04-01-2016, 03:46
This is a video I made showing the issue, I avoided using the brake at all on the lap just keeping a low speed. You can see when the auto braking kicks in. Obviously it shouldn't.

https://youtu.be/yBJgN279VUA

wyldanimal
04-01-2016, 04:35
I was playing PCar today for about 3 and a half hours. Having a great time (and losing) as per usual. Then we go to Donington Park GP in a GT3 series race, I was using the a RUF RGT-8 GT3.

First corner, mid way round, the accelerator cuts out. I notice the abs came on at the same time, it rolls for a moment then the accelerator kicks back in. This happened a number of times in specific locations around the track. I then quit multiplayer and loaded the same car and track in practice and it happened there too.

I have just powered the system down. I will try again soon but thought I'd reach out to the community first.

Has anyone had this happen? I am concerned that I may have to take my new wheel back to the store. Hope I can find a receipt!

Further tests...
Just watching the telemetry data, my brake is coming on intermittently...Noooo! Now I have to suss out wether it's the game or the wheel. It still only happens at certain spots on the track and was not happening earlier today. I will upload a clip to show the issue a bit later.

I checked if I had braking assist switched off... It was not. Turning it off fixed the issue.

This means that there is possibly a bug with the braking assist on this track.

If anyone can let me know if it has happened to them

Does not sound like a Wheel Issues. Sounds Like a Game or Setting... Maybe you have Braking Assist turned on...
I think that will cut the throttle off and apply the brakes for you...

ace1973
04-01-2016, 04:37
Might check the plug in the wheel that powers your pedals and make sure it isn't loose. I have a G29 myself and have had Logitech wheels for years, and haven't had such an issue with Project Cars. Just an idea before you take the wheel back.

GamerSX
04-01-2016, 22:32
Just to follow up, it was the brake assist. To be completely honest, I didn't even realise it was on, that being said, it was applying full brakes and bringing the car to a near stand still. It added almost four seconds to the lap.

I had driven that track numerous times and not had the issue.

Ive since turned it off. Thanks for the feedback