PDA

View Full Version : Please make reset car function optional

Shi
03-01-2016, 22:16
Itīs a little scary to see cars popping up in front of you because other players use the car reset function. Itīs not very "simulation like"

Additionally itīs a little unfair when a fast driver uses the reset funtion instead of having a crash so the careful drivers never get an advantage out of "careful driving"

There will be lotīs of players against this but you could at least make it an option to set it on or off.

Thank you.

* I forgot to mention:
If somebody uses car reset and his car stands in the middle of the road where all others drive through AND the car looses itīs "ghost status" there is ALWAYS a crash with somebody of the "slower" drivers. This canīt be accepted. If somebody go off the track he should drive back carefully and not use a quick reset button to cause massive chaos on the track!

Please I beg you, make it optional! For all serious racing leagues in this world!

Shi
08-01-2016, 10:23
Please everyone! Like this to give this request more substance!

Thank you!

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
08-01-2016, 10:57
Reset to track is something I really don't like to see please remove it or at least give us the option to disable it.

KasperVJensen
09-01-2016, 00:21
You have a point.

Not having it adds a layer of concentration and improves the experience.

ant1897
09-01-2016, 20:58
I agree, give us an option to turn this off.

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 21:20
One of the most obvious things that should be there from the beginning. It is like that but not because no one talked about it. As some other options.

ONESPACE
15-01-2016, 03:10
Just that feature alone makes this game an arcade simulator, not to mention taking away the heat in the tires.
I don't have that button mapped and will never use a reset car to track button in any racing game. That feature is for 8 year olds and they use the game one time and then trade the game in for Madden NFL or some other stupid game, But SMS got that money and that's all that really matters. Yea smilie face. Boooooooooo.

svenvangent
15-01-2016, 08:17
It would be another step forward for the game if sms could make t'is optional .

Bavarian Turbo
17-01-2016, 07:26
One of the most obvious things that should be there from the beginning. It is like that but not because no one talked about it. As some other options.

that and the driving line, two options which have no place in a Racing Sim

Umer Ahmad
17-01-2016, 13:34
If another player uses Driving Line it does not affect me

But a player uses RESET CAR and suddenly appears in front of me, that screws up my race.

SMS decided to leave this in (and non-optional) because there are situations where the player can "get stuck" and only a reset could save him/her. I don't have a list of these "situations". In my opinion, I would also like to see this optional for MP/Online (host-controlled).

Shi
24-01-2016, 09:35
If another player uses Driving Line it does not affect me

But a player uses RESET CAR and suddenly appears in front of me, that screws up my race.

SMS decided to leave this in (and non-optional) because there are situations where the player can "get stuck" and only a reset could save him/her. I don't have a list of these "situations". In my opinion, I would also like to see this optional for MP/Online (host-controlled).

It has to be optional. Even if you can get stuck in some situations I have to say: Drive carefully and stay on track so you wonīt be get stuck anywhere!

Patch 9.0?

rotorrian
24-01-2016, 11:38
Maybe reset parallel to the track 0.5m on the grass. Then it doesnt become a new chicane in front of you.

I have to agree with the above. I hate the car reset i have never used it. If i do get stuck i would get unstuck or retire because i had a major accident.

cluck
24-01-2016, 11:58
that and the driving line, two options which have no place in a Racing SimNo wonder some people never want to bother with sims with "holier than thou" attitudes like this still prevalent. Everybody has to start somewhere and, for some people, the racing line helps them get to know a track. No, I've not used them myself to learn a track but I won't sit here and judge people for their use of them.

As for the reset button, it can be useful, for example, if you have engine autostart disabled and you crash and stall in a particularly awkward location, with no engine start button mapped (yes, you should have a button mapped but it's something people have overlooked). It's safer, in those situations, to reset - thus 'ghosting' your car for a couple of valuable seconds - giving you the time to safely hit pause and retire to pits :).

Shi
24-01-2016, 15:46
No wonder some people never want to bother with sims with "holier than thou" attitudes like this still prevalent. Everybody has to start somewhere and, for some people, the racing line helps them get to know a track. No, I've not used them myself to learn a track but I won't sit here and judge people for their use of them.

As for the reset button, it can be useful, for example, if you have engine autostart disabled and you crash and stall in a particularly awkward location, with no engine start button mapped (yes, you should have a button mapped but it's something people have overlooked). It's safer, in those situations, to reset - thus 'ghosting' your car for a couple of valuable seconds - giving you the time to safely hit pause and retire to pits :).

I donīt judge anyone. But to have the option to turn it off for MULTIPLAYER lobbies like in ANY OTHER RACING SIM is really not a big thing.

Driving line: on / off
Reset car: on / off

Now SMS can show us if they really made Project Cars for the players...
...or just for the players money.

cluck
24-01-2016, 16:32
I donīt judge anyone. But to have the option to turn it off for MULTIPLAYER lobbies like in ANY OTHER RACING SIM is really not a big thing.

Driving line: on / off
Reset car: on / off

Now SMS can show us if they really made Project Cars for the players...
...or just for the players money.I wasn't accusing you of judging anybody, look at the quote ;).

The thing is, in the scenario I wrote, losing the rest car function 'could' actually cause a problem, where at the moment it won't. Would it be nice to add the feature, yes, of course so that those who want to run their lobbies in that manner can do so :).

Shi
14-05-2016, 10:30
I wonder if we could get this "feature" within the next updates.

Asetto Corsa will be released in the next few months on consoles. So please SMS, show the players that you care. Donīt let them go to another racing sim. Put that feature in because AC HAS it already.

Thank you