PDA

View Full Version : The RUF RGT-8

CursedDICE
04-01-2016, 10:00
I'm having a tough time with this car (and wishing I'd picked the BAC Mono instead). It's so unstable and when I brake for the corner it sales straight off the road, when cornering there's a high chance it will spin. Racing around Brands hatch in the wet and get a great start, but I can never hold position because I am hit by the AI, I hit the AI, the car spins (and counter steer doesn't work. It rarely ever works for any car), or the car won't slow for the corner (if I brake harder the car spins). I haven't tuned it as I never tune any car, I just get in and drive.

Any tips for driving it?

When the AI drove my car it was taking corners 10 to 15 mph quicker with no trouble

jimmyb_84
04-01-2016, 10:12
It depends on what Conroller you use wheel or pad or other.

Check brake bias I run it around 52% front as any higher and the rear like to break lose. This car takes a bit of practice try driving it slower before getting faster, brake earlier. Run a free practice session in similar conditions and see how you go. Also make sure your tyres are properly up to temp anything above 90c is ok

CursedDICE
04-01-2016, 10:46
I'm using Xbox 360 controller. I let the AI qualify for me this race because I kept losing it on my timed lap and the fastest lap I'd been able to put in had put me P30 of 30. Until then I'd been able to match the time the AI got out of my car on other tracks

Azure Flare
04-01-2016, 11:59
Remember, the engine is all the way at the back of the car. You have to brake in a straight line or the weight transfer will cause you to spin. It would also help to have the brake bias sent forward to make it easier.

Also, when in a corner, be sure to apply power early. Weight transfer will send some back to the rear keeping it stable.

If you can drive that or the GT3 version, you can drive anything.

Invincible
04-01-2016, 12:14
If you can drive that or the GT3 version, you can drive anything.

I find the GT3 version much easier to drive than the streetlegal one.

I can't check currently, if it is available in the RGT-8, but if so, try to increase the deceleration lock to stabilize the car under braking.

KasperVJensen
04-01-2016, 16:30
Try Jussi's base tune on it. It's amazing.

EazyE
05-01-2016, 19:43
Try Jussi's base tune on it. It's amazing.

Will this actually make the car drivable and possible to brake on corners without ending up facing on coming traffic? I really like the car but its a b***h to drive.

Invincible
05-01-2016, 20:30
Will this actually make the car drivable and possible to brake on corners without ending up facing on coming traffic? I really like the car but its a b***h to drive.

If Jussi's setup won't make it driveable for you, nothing will. I haven't tried it his setup on this particular car, but on the others cars, they work like a charm. :D