PDA

View Full Version : endurance. some doubts!

DreamsKnight
04-01-2016, 12:25
hello.

I do not have experience with sims. when i was at the 3rd year of career in pCars i bought the g27 and i started a new one with more difficult and i use it in a propaedeutics way step by step.

the introduction is a way to say: i made only 1 race with pitstops (zolder/mclaren)

yesterday came two of my friends at home, we take the ruf gt3 and spa. we made a good setup, some practice and we started an endurance race of 75 laps.

we used, as first attempt, fixed time at 14:00 and sunny day in july.

i have some doubts, and i hope you can help me to understand.

we made a first stint with soft. after 17/19 laps the tires were very problemtics. in the internal telemetry they were green for 1/4 (rear), instead the app in my phone said about 65% (!!!) the tires were costantly at about 85 in the front and 95 rear.

-the difference between the app and the telemetry is normal? is there a motivation?
-finished tires after 17 laps are normal with that clima and 1/4 of green bar?

-after the pit stop we try medium tires. they were a little bit slower and the decay started after 25 laps. is this normal?

-about AI: i don't understand if there is a way to know how many pit stops they do and their strategy.

-at the end of the race, we were very slow (30 laps with mediums), about 5 seconds slower than our best lap, and we lose everything in the last sector. i don't understand why, there are only 3 corners and 1 chicane. the car lose performance? also with disabled damages?

-last question: what are the safe temperatures for engine/water/oil? i don't know.

sorry for the wall of text!

Invincible
04-01-2016, 12:53
1/4 green left on the " internal telemetry" - do you mean on the hud itself? If so, then it is fine.

Because the wear shown on the hud refers only to the thread, while the wear shown in your app is the overall tire, including the carcass. That is why it says 65% remaining. But in fact, you have only 15% of the thread left.
Of course you can drive further, but the behaviour will become more and more difficult and will be undriveable in the end.

Also the heating characteristics will change because there is less material to absorb the heat.

DreamsKnight
04-01-2016, 13:04
1/4 green left on the " internal telemetry" - do you mean on the hud itself? If so, then it is fine.

Because the wear shown on the hud refers only to the thread, while the wear shown in your app is the overall tire, including the carcass. That is why it says 65% remaining. But in fact, you have only 15% of the thread left.
Of course you can drive further, but the behaviour will become more and more difficult and will be undriveable in the end.

Also the heating characteristics will change because there is less material to absorb the heat.

yes the HUD! good. some doubts removed in one shot! :D

RomKnight
04-01-2016, 13:05
about the last question, depends on the car.

if you see pufs of smoke getting out of the car, you're overheating.

You won't lose performance (sadly) but the engine can and will blow up. You have to have damage on, ofc...

About the tyre temps, you better wait for patch 8 to see how things go. ATM they won't overheat and with wear, depending on the car/track combo even go way down which will make the cars perform worse.

DreamsKnight
04-01-2016, 13:42
about the last question, depends on the car.

if you see pufs of smoke getting out of the car, you're overheating.

You won't lose performance (sadly) but the engine can and will blow up. You have to have damage on, ofc...

About the tyre temps, you better wait for patch 8 to see how things go. ATM they won't overheat and with wear, depending on the car/track combo even go way down which will make the cars perform worse.

yes we had puff of smoke. damage off so i used the trick of 0 radiators. :P good to konw the thing about pufs of smoke, thank you!

i understand that the temp are related to the car, but can you give me a safe "universal" range?

Invincible
04-01-2016, 13:44
yes we had puff of smoke. damage off so i used the trick of 0 radiators. :P good to konw the thing about pufs of smoke, thank you!

i understand that the temp are related to the car, but can you give me a safe "universal" range?

I'd try to stay below 100C for both water and oil temperature.

Roger Prynne
04-01-2016, 14:01
Yeah 100/110C should be what you are aiming for.

DreamsKnight
04-01-2016, 14:30
so the last doubt is about AI pit stops. is there a way to understand what have they done and what are they doing?

Shadowoff
04-01-2016, 14:56
so the last doubt is about AI pit stops. is there a way to understand what have they done and what are they doing?

AI drives with default setup, means 60 litres fuel.
They will went earlier then you into the pit (; I think you started with full fuel tank into the race).
They also only go into the pit, when the tyres are completly down (if Im right informated).
Ive already drove a 128 lap race at Spa and the AI pitted in the last lap of the race, because the tyres been down.

DreamsKnight
04-01-2016, 16:10
AI drives with default setup, means 60 litres fuel.
They will went earlier then you into the pit (; I think you started with full fuel tank into the race).
They also only go into the pit, when the tyres are completly down (if Im right informated).
Ive already drove a 128 lap race at Spa and the AI pitted in the last lap of the race, because the tyres been down.

in my case, 60 litres are about 18 laps. if completly down means 0% tires, AI had more tires than fuel. anyway, good information to have a better interpretation. thank you!