PDA

View Full Version : Cold tyres Qualifying...

EMW Simmo
04-01-2016, 19:20
Am i alone in the fact that Cold tyres in Qualifying needs fixing...
Also in Timetrial why are the tyres at optimum temperature but the brakes/oil/water all cold ?...Why start me on a flying lap if the car is say 30%
Apart from that im enjoying P cars, great game.

Alexandre Bardet
04-01-2016, 20:32
I think they fixing tire temperatures with next patch.

Yeah I dislike starting time trial with cold brakes.

Tbolt47
05-01-2016, 04:27
I also don't like the cold brakes on time trials, if they are simulating an outlap by giving you warm tyres then we should have warm brakes, but it's better than having to do an outlap and warm up the tyres.

nhitrac
05-01-2016, 04:54
Hopefully it was something that was accidentally missed in the QA rather than being intentional to 'simulate' real life.

What bugs me more are is that while you skate around for the first 3 laps, the AI are running circles around you.

I've pretty much stopped playing pCars since this patch. Been giving ARMA3 another go while I wait for the next patch to be released.

N0body Of The Goat
05-01-2016, 05:18
Am i alone in the fact that Cold tyres in Qualifying needs fixing...
Also in Timetrial why are the tyres at optimum temperature but the brakes/oil/water all cold ?...Why start me on a flying lap if the car is say 30%
Apart from that im enjoying P cars, great game.

No, you are not alone, in my opinion there are a wide range of tyre issues that paid SMS staff are not acknowledging in public including...

Pre-warmed dry slicks going cold and skittish
Cold tyres struggling to reach optimum temps in anything but the highest track temps of ~40-43C
Some rain compounds being quicker than dry counterparts consistently for many laps in the dry, instead of destroying themselves
Intermediates, mediums and hards now have no practical purpose
Tyre wear rate is often far too low
etc.

The problem is, SMS have back themselves into a corner, they want to be winding down fixes for pACRS1 and move on to the new products in development. To fix the above needs a lot of man hours, because they seemingly don't want to revert to patch 6 tyre physics. Because of the vocal ~15 gamepad users.

Patch 5 does not fix the above.

hkraft300
05-01-2016, 05:39
Known issues and somewhat acknowledged in the tyre physics discussion thread.
Wish patch 6 tyres came back, myself.
Patch 5 will fix some of the cooling problems. Too bad because of the backlash of ~15 game pad players, there won't be further tyre development in this title, judging by dev posts. Looks like mediums hards and inters will remain more or less useless.
My tyres only get 100+ c temps when I'm driving hard lap after lap on 40c track. The softs should be falling apart by this stage, we know and understand this.
Eagerly awaiting the sequel I guess.

nhitrac
05-01-2016, 05:47
On a side note, who thinks their patch naming convention is a bit 'off'?

It feels like this patch is really patch 1.7 as opposed to patch 7.0...

RomKnight
06-01-2016, 17:21
On a side note, who thinks their patch naming convention is a bit 'off'?

It feels like this patch is really patch 1.7 as opposed to patch 7.0...

After being there from the start, the patch numbering is going really slow for me :D :P

IRL there are tyre warmers if the series allow it but not brake warmers AFAIK.

Tbolt47
06-01-2016, 18:45
After being there from the start, the patch numbering is going really slow for me :D :P

IRL there are tyre warmers if the series allow it but not brake warmers AFAIK.

All cars, no matter the series or a road car, start a Time Trail with warm tyres. The point being that starting just before the start/finish is simulating an out lap so all cars get warm tyres but the brakes are cold, which they obviously wouldn't be if you had done an out lap.

RomKnight
06-01-2016, 18:59
Well, was it? to me seems that they simulated the pit exits for convenience and because I never drove all the cars (not even half probably) in TT I never noticed that.

But hey, put me on the list for warmed up brakes in TT... but then also penalise the brake duct and radiator fully closed "hacks" which are way more important.

Ixoye56
06-01-2016, 21:03
Be forced to start with cold brakes and tires are the only thing I dislike about this game, especially when AI is not affected by it at all.

Don Rudi
07-01-2016, 06:38
Patch 5 will fix some of the cooling problems. Too bad because of the backlash of ~15 game pad players, there won't be further tyre development in this title, judging by dev posts. Looks like mediums hards and inters will remain more or less useless.
My tyres only get 100+ c temps when I'm driving hard lap after lap on 40c track. The softs should be falling apart by this stage, we know and understand this.

We have to wait for two years and buy a new game to have this tyre problem fixed, that SMS caused?!? You must be kidding.
They messed it up with 7.0, so they shall fix it with 8.0.

seb02
07-01-2016, 06:47

It's ridiculous to say that. If SMS has created the 7.0 patch, it is that they found problems and not because players have reacted. If that were the case, it would be the custom Championship, the animated stands, more circuits...

hkraft300
07-01-2016, 06:57
We have to wait for two years and buy a new game to have this tyre problem fixed, that SMS caused?!? You must be kidding.
They messed it up with 7.0, so they shall fix it with 8.0.

You misunderstood.
They had it right with 6.0
Some of us cried bloody murder and the reaction was 7.0 which is, according to many, a bit of a mess.
Patch 8 brings back patch 5 tyres, which had the problem of indestructible soft compounds, making mediums hards and inters mostly useless. So it'll be fixed, thus concluding further tyre development of this title.
For proper tyre behaviour we'll have to await pcars 2.

Don Rudi
07-01-2016, 07:16
You misunderstood.
They had it right with 6.0
Some of us cried bloody murder and the reaction was 7.0 which is, according to many, a bit of a mess.
Patch 8 brings back patch 5 tyres, which had the problem of indestructible soft compounds, making mediums hards and inters mostly useless. So it'll be fixed, thus concluding further tyre development of this title.
For proper tyre behaviour we'll have to await pcars 2.

Ah, ok - I got that wrong indeed. 7.0 is a mess and everything diefferent than that will be better. I still don't get, why they refuse to roll back to 6.0. I only hear about console players - I started pCars with a gamepad on the PS4 as well and never had any problems :/

DECATUR PLAYA
07-01-2016, 07:26
Cold tires in qualifying is a bit of headache but most of my racing lately has been GT3 so tires are always warm.

I missed the tire physics discussion thread but I personally liked patch 6.0 tire physics with the joystick. I thought it was challenging. I think if they can find a happy medium with the next patch that they should just leave them alone and force the players to adapt. Reason being your never going to please everyone.

The reason I liked 6.0 is because I felt like it brought all the compounds into play vs running one main compound and the other compounds being useless.

N0body Of The Goat
07-01-2016, 07:33
Patch 6 tyres + ~15x https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=22 = The most usable range of tyres in different circumstances pCARS has ever had since SETA

hkraft300
07-01-2016, 07:36
Ah, ok - I got that wrong indeed. 7.0 is a mess and everything diefferent than that will be better. I still don't get, why they refuse to roll back to 6.0. I only hear about console players - I started pCars with a gamepad on the PS4 as well and never had any problems :/

I'm still on gamepad on ps4. I made some setup and technique changes to be competitive for sprint races, but I'd be in trouble in an endurance race. I accept that possibility because I understand the limitations of thumbsticks. I too wish a rollback to 6.0
Some were burning the tyres in a few laps and claimed a problem with the game, not their driving -_-

Cold tires in qualifying is a bit of headache but most of my racing lately has been GT3 so tires are always warm.

I missed the tire physics discussion thread but I personally liked patch 6.0 tire physics with the joystick. I thought it was challenging. I think if they can find a happy medium with the next patch that they should just leave them alone and force the players to adapt. Reason being your never going to please everyone.

The reason I liked 6.0 is because I felt like it brought all the compounds into play vs running one main compound and the other compounds being useless.

Same reasons as me.
Some series don't have tyre warmers: GT1, LMP900, classic Lotus F1. So you have cold tyres in every session. Some do have tyre warmers, like GT3/LMP1 so you never leave the pit lane cold. Which is as it should be.
I think its a good thing and the "period correctness" is immersive and educational.

hkraft300
07-01-2016, 07:41
It's ridiculous to say that. If SMS has created the 7.0 patch, it is that they found problems and not because players have reacted. If that were the case, it would be the custom Championship, the animated stands, more circuits...

Iirc you were one of them unable to drive 5 laps because your tyres were "red" and SMS must "fix the overheating" lol

Anyway, you got what you wished for. The overheating has been fixed

seb02
07-01-2016, 07:46
Iirc you were one of them unable to drive 5 laps because your tyres were "red" and SMS must "fix the overheating" lol

Yes and you think that SMS does what i ask ? :D
If SMS has changed this, it is because they have discovered problems and not because players complained. Otherwise, we would have the custom championship......

seb02
07-01-2016, 07:50

Anyway, you got what you wished for. The overheating has been fixed

I don't know. I will see with patch 8.0.

hkraft300
07-01-2016, 08:05
[/B]

I don't know. I will see with patch 8.0.

No more scrub heating effect.
Still not happy? Jeeeesus...

seb02
07-01-2016, 08:10
No more scrub heating effect.
Still not happy? Jeeeesus...

I will see with patch 8.0. You seem angry because you don't have the 6.0 patch, it's that ?
it will come with PC2, don't worry ;)

Don Rudi
07-01-2016, 08:19
I will see with patch 8.0. You seem angry because you don't have the 6.0 patch, it's that ?

Not only he is angry about 7.0

Flat_out
07-01-2016, 08:35
I complained about overheating. But my complaint was it was only certain cars that were affected by the issue.

Where we are now is a step in the wrong direction. The only cars that you can get to keep heat in the tires are the ones that overheated in the previous patch IMO.

6.0 for me would be fine with the 4 cars fixed that were affected with the overheating issue!

DreamsKnight
07-01-2016, 11:30
-i was a pad user months ago. front tires usually were stressed, i think cause with a pad you don't feel understeer, but you see after a while. playing a little with pressures i solved problems.
-i bought a g27 and i learn how to use it and gears (never used in a game before) with m1 procars, and i remember as a lovely but difficult car. difficult in the way that I expect from a car of the 80's. so lovely for me (a bit sadistic)
-i trashed my career and started a new one. my goals are: drive at 100% time, 90-100 AI, spent time to learn ho to do a setup.
-during patch 6 i came back to the place of the races with the m1. glued. i can do what i want. I could brake fully, lock the wheels, beat the steering wheel violently and nothing happened. I could press the accelerator all at any point of the curve in a microsecond and nothing happened. glued to the asphalt. i think this is how you love the patch 6, but honestly in my sadistic point of view, an old car with no controls can't be easy to drive. this is not Outrun.
-i had a pause to play a couple of others game. i came back to patch 7. finally i had back my lovely but difficult m1.
-what i see in patch 7: there is no correspondence between pressures and temperatures. to reach better temp we made high change in pressures (-0.30/-0.40). we reach the temps, but it's all a screech of tires and honestly i don't think it is the "grip" point.

so i'd like to have back the patch 5, which i found more natural (realistic). obviously i can't speak about other themes, like differences between soft, medium and hard in endurance.

i could be wrong, but these are my two cents.

ps: +1 for hot brakes in time trials and race starts.

hkraft300
07-01-2016, 11:56
it will come with PC2, don't worry ;)
A few were pissed about patch 6, like yourself.
Many are now pissed with patch 7.
I've adapted to both.
What I'm pissed about is that because of the backlash, SMS has declared there will be no further tyre development for pcars 1.

Yes, I will buy pcars 2 and enjoy some proper tyres.
As for you... Well I'm sure you'll find something you can drive with the gamepad. Without the tyres going "red"

Dreams knight I don't think there were any adjustment to grip parameters.
Tyre pressure in setup was never a sensible way to control temperature, unless you're running on a cold track and struggling to keep heat then maybe its prudent to drop the pressures a fair bit to stress the carcass.
Example if I'm struggling with cold front tyres I'll push the brake bias forward to take more load. Anyway, now there's no longer heat generated from scrubbing and to keep the tyres toasty you have to stress the carcass by driving hard and fast and clean.

PS the M1 Procar is a lovely bit of kit!

seb02
07-01-2016, 12:14
I've adapted to both.
What I'm pissed about is that because of the backlash, SMS has declared there will be no further tyre development for pcars 1.

As for you... Well I'm sure you'll find something you can drive with the gamepad. Without the tyres going "red"

Tyre pressure in setup was never a sensible way to control temperature, unless you're running on a cold track and struggling to keep heat then maybe its prudent to drop the pressures a fair bit to stress the carcass.
Example if I'm struggling with cold front tyres I'll push the brake bias forward to take more load. Anyway, now there's no longer heat generated from scrubbing and to keep the tyres toasty you have to stress the carcass by driving hard and fast and clean.

in my opinion, if SMS has stopped the development of the tyres, it is because of delays and not because the players who complained. Indeed, the game's development was stopped in 4 months.
Yes I prefer the 7.0 patch to the 6.0 patch, this is my personal opinion. I am sure that you will get to play on PC1 with as much fun as me. And if your frustration is too large, I am sorry for you.
SMS has decided to return to the 5.0 patch, what seems to be a good compromise.

Flat_out
07-01-2016, 13:51
I've adapted to both.

So they stopped tire development in pcars1 because of half a dozen complaints!
Yeah right.