PDA

View Full Version : wheel help please

xVampirAx
04-01-2016, 21:13
i have gotten the ferrari spider thrustmaster wheel but i have the force feed back to 100 but it still has not feedback through the wheel and i will change the setting regarding the pedals since they make braking a little difficult.anyways is there settings that can make it better(and yes i am aware there is thread).but i would like to know if anyone has settings that i can try out.thanks

Jeffrey1808
04-01-2016, 21:27
i have gotten the ferrari spider thrustmaster wheel but i have the force feed back to 100 but it still has not feedback through the wheel and i will change the setting regarding the pedals since they make braking a little difficult.anyways is there settings that can make it better(and yes i am aware there is thread).but i would like to know if anyone has settings that i can try out.thanks

The thrustmaster 458 spider (around /$100) does not have force feedback. The trustmaster tx (around $/350) does have force feedback.

nissan4ever
05-01-2016, 14:10
Yup, the 458 Spider wheel doesn't have FFB. It uses a bungie cord system.

OpticalHercules
05-01-2016, 19:12
Yeah, even though the Spider wheel does not have feedback, it is still a fantastic wheel for those who are limited by whatever factors into buying that instead of the 458 Italia or the Logitech alternative G290 (I think?). In order to have feedback your options start at $300 and go up from there.

I have used the Spider wheel since March last year before PCars released, and I am very happy with mine. I do plan on upgrading to the Logitech in the next few months, but I do not regret purchasing the Spider in any way.

As far as the pedals making braking difficult, it just takes practice to get comfortable in using the pedals instead of controller triggers. Make sure you properly calibrate your wheel in the PCars Settings menu. When doing both the wheel and pedal calibration, it is VERY important to do them VERY SLOWLY. For the pedals, get down on your hands and knees and use your hands to move the pedals from 0-100 as smoothly and slowly as possible to ensure the most accurate play. With the wheel calibration on part 1 (turn wheel to full lock), start centered, then move slowly to full lock in one direction, then slowly recenter the wheel, then slowly go to the lock in the opposite direction. For part two (turn to 90*), slowly turn the wheel from center to full lock, then bring the wheel slowly back until it reads 240* and hit A while holding it there. You may also want to calibrate both pedals and wheel twice, going through the process twice to ensure proper readings. The first time you calibrate, the bars tend to jump to max well before you reach full steering lock, but when you do it the second time you'll see the bars move properly all the way to the end of the wheel's range of motion.

240* is the proper calibration for the 90* input. Setting that to any other setting will really play havoc with how your car controls. When I first got PCars I only turned the wheel to what visually appeared to be 90*, and was actually set to something like 228* (or maybe was the other way, like 270*). With the wheel miscalibrated that way, it did not matter how I tuned the car, every single car suffered from severe understeer. Once I got myself unscrewed and properly calibrated the wheel, it improved my driving and overall appreciation of the game immensely.

xVampirAx
06-01-2016, 14:42
thanks for replys,i would of thought that if your paying 70 or even 80 for a wheel you would think there would be force feedback but no and i am not willing to pay over 200 just so i can have force feedback on a wheel.if i have time then i will go into settings and adjust the pedals,wheel so that i can at least drive without spinning out.

RacerPaul65
06-01-2016, 14:44
i would of thought that if your paying 70 or even 80 for a wheel you would think there would be force feedback...
Not nowadays, matey

D3L8OY
11-01-2016, 08:31
The FFB is worth the extra

Hammerpgh
12-01-2016, 14:18
I agree with Optical, the Spider is a fantastic wheel for the money. I opted to go that route back in June after getting the game, mainly because I didn't want to fork out the 260+ it was costing to get the TX at that point when stocks were really low over here. During that time the Spider was fantastic and I never regretted the decision at all. Come Christmas the prices of the TX had nosedived to around 200 and as fortune would have it my missus bought me one for Christmas... a complete out of the blue surprise so I am now FFB'd up. I love the TX but my Spider is stored safely away in the loft waiting for the day when the TX runs into problems and it can step intom the breach again.

AtomicSphincter
14-01-2016, 13:54
wheel so that i can at least drive without spinning out.

That's what FFB is for, you feel the car loosing grip. Once you experience FFB you know where that extra money spent went, it's amazing on Thrustmaster TX. I'm surprised people still waste their money on Logitech wheels, it's outdated tech makes it feel like a dinosaur, all gritty with dead center play. G29 is a repackaged G27, which was ok for it's time, but since then the time has left it in the dust. Brushless motors are the way to go these days, smooth and strong FFB.

OpticalHercules
14-01-2016, 22:34
... I'm surprised people still waste their money on Logitech wheels, ...

For some people it's the company more than the product. When I upgrade to FFB, there's no way I'm paying that much money to a company with as poor of service that I'VE experienced personally as Thrustmaster. I've dealt with Logitech's support on several occasions before, and when it comes to spending this much money, they are definitely the ones who are going to get that money for that reason alone.

AtomicSphincter
17-01-2016, 15:59
For some people it's the company more than the product. When I upgrade to FFB, there's no way I'm paying that much money to a company with as poor of service that I'VE experienced personally as Thrustmaster. I've dealt with Logitech's support on several occasions before, and when it comes to spending this much money, they are definitely the ones who are going to get that money for that reason alone.

I've used Thrustmaster support, had a problem with the base, they sent me out a new base no questions asked the same week, didn't even ask for the bad one back. Don't think customer service gets any better than that.

OpticalHercules
17-01-2016, 20:44
I've used Thrustmaster support, had a problem with the base, they sent me out a new base no questions asked the same week, didn't even ask for the bad one back. Don't think customer service gets any better than that.

That's fine, and I do not doubt that many people experience exceptional customer service from Thrustmaster. I, personally, have not. My Experience with Thrustmaster was time consuming, frustrating, and led to no resolution for my concerns. On the other hand, I have, personally, experienced the same level of support from Logitech on several occasions that you seem to have experienced from Thrustmaster. I have dealt with Logitech Support for their early-model G920 Headsets (twice RMA'd, one purchase, 2 RMA's over 3 years since they re-rolled my warranty) and G600 Gaming Mouse, both with fantastic resolution.

You stated that "...I'm surprised people still waste their money on Logitech wheels, ..." which is nothing more than your opinion as to whether one of Logitech or Thrustmaster's wheels are inferior to the other. As I've owned neither (FFB-wise), I have no opinion on that, but based on my experiences with the companies manufacturing both products, I'm inclined to purchase one company's product over the other for one reason alone, and that is my personal experience in dealing with their company in the past. Even if Logitech's "technology" is older than that used by Thrustmaster, there is no chance that I will feel my money to be wasted in purchasing it.