PDA

View Full Version : Custom Championships (homemade)

TrackDayKC
04-01-2016, 22:07
If custom championships are not going to be added to the game, could the devs possible include a toggle where the same drivers are in every race? And I could use a spreadsheet on my PC to do the actual point keeping? That for me would be enough.

KkDrummer
04-01-2016, 22:18
I was thinking about that the other day, thanks for posting it. Maybe posting this on the general forum will draw more attention

oldmodelt
07-01-2016, 16:27
Your thread brings back many found memories for me. I got hooked on the offline racing series years ago when I used to do Gran Turismo 4. They would set up race parameters and you'd run them then submit your time via pm and then the weekly/monthly standings would be posted. I was never a leader but always enjoyed the competitions.

jbjs40
07-01-2016, 16:50
Why doesn't the Aston Martin DBR1-2 show up in career mode in P1 or P2?

Haiden
08-01-2016, 15:34
If custom championships are not going to be added to the game, could the devs possible include a toggle where the same drivers are in every race? And I could use a spreadsheet on my PC to do the actual point keeping? That for me would be enough.

That would be awesome.

BulletEyeDK
08-01-2016, 15:48
Great idea, which alternatively could be done by user selecting the actual drivers participating in a race from a complete list of drivers in game.... that would secure it being the same AI drivers in all your races ;)

BCFCBristolRed
09-01-2016, 10:50
This would be great. I love racing QRW but because it's different drivers each time, it can be a little annoying.

KkDrummer
09-01-2016, 11:11
hey Mods, can you pass this on to SMS? It should be fairly easy to implement and people who really want this feature will be pretty happy!

oldmodelt
14-01-2016, 17:41
I know this is not the exact thread for this but didn't want to create a new one. My apologies. But a little race recap here.

Started season 4 with an endurance contract with a RWD LMP1 team. Ran appropriate AI difficulty to qualify 6th in class (last), 13th overall out of 30 for the race on Watkins Glen GP. Rolling race start and applied too much throttle and slid into the pit by accident so my race started 45 secs late and was dead last in the field. Tried to restart but remembered (after I checked the menu) that the “no restarts” rule was in force per my wishes. Settled down to try and make it some kind of race for the next 30 mins. I had wanted a shorter one tonight from the 3 hour default. All went well until lap 2 when I discovered that the guard rails cause damage and had to pit for the 2nd time in 2 laps. Finally got my head out of my a** and started to actually run a slow but consistent race even passing many of the lower class cars who had passed me many times before.

Lap 6 in the waning daylight gave me another thought that it might be a good idea to turn my headlights on. All went well until lap 15 and some oversteer which allowed me to kiss another guardrail and visit the pits (after limping around the whole lap). Thought briefly about retiring to the pit box. But my stubborn streak won out. Gathered what pride I had left and finished the race in 21st place. 6th in my class (last of course). And was ecstatic to grab 8 points.

It’s now on to the next race. Just like real life. Am I a sissy if I throw on TCS? Lol.