PDA

View Full Version : PSN down til the 7th!!

Boskapongen
04-01-2016, 23:01
Just read on Playstation site, PSN is down (been for7 hours already) that is gonna be down until the 7th! :mad:

Gravit8
05-01-2016, 01:09
I don't like the post. But the info contained in it was helpful.
Some serious instability over at PSN that would have had me pulling my hair out otherwise.
Never seen my PS4 OS act that wonky.
Couldn't even access my settings to test network. Didn't want to even start up.
Removed Ethernet and solved immediately. Taken offline until I here it's right. Thats a bad situation.
I suspect hacking right now and wouldn't touch the network with a ten foot pole.

Bought a second PS4 on Saturday to bring the family along for the online ride since randoms usually suck.
Maybe I made the wrong choice and should save and build a PC instead. Haha.

Semi sarcastic sad face. ;(

Consoles are great, but this is getting pretty old quick. Are servers suck as it is anyway.
And we have the added cost of outages and lobby disconnects being as common as They are.
Boo Sony or hackers or whatever. Lame

sirsilver1968
05-01-2016, 06:01
Psn is up and running

Liquid7394
05-01-2016, 12:16
I don't like the post. But the info contained in it was helpful.
Some serious instability over at PSN that would have had me pulling my hair out otherwise.
Never seen my PS4 OS act that wonky.
Couldn't even access my settings to test network. Didn't want to even start up.
Removed Ethernet and solved immediately. Taken offline until I here it's right. Thats a bad situation.
I suspect hacking right now and wouldn't touch the network with a ten foot pole.

Bought a second PS4 on Saturday to bring the family along for the online ride since randoms usually suck.
Maybe I made the wrong choice and should save and build a PC instead. Haha.

Semi sarcastic sad face. ;(

Consoles are great, but this is getting pretty old quick. Are servers suck as it is anyway.
And we have the added cost of outages and lobby disconnects being as common as They are.
Boo Sony or hackers or whatever. Lame
So dramatic.

My OS was fine so I have no idea what you're on about. It wasn't hackers, worst case scenario it was a DDoS attack, best case it was just a common network issue that can happen to anyone. PSN is working right now and subs will be extended. Last time I had issues was Christmas 2014 when XBL and PSN were DDoSed.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/684230168471142400

madmax2069
05-01-2016, 16:14
So dramatic.

My OS was fine so I have no idea what you're on about. It wasn't hackers, worst case scenario it was a DDoS attack, best case it was just a common network issue that can happen to anyone. PSN is working right now and subs will be extended. Last time I had issues was Christmas 2014 when XBL and PSN were DDoSed.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/684230168471142400

Its actually known that a unstable internet connection and or unstable PSN connection will cause the PS4 to go into a unstable state and cause all kinds of issues, it doesn't always happen to everyone but it does happen to some. I experienced the same issues due to a unstable internet connection or when PSN being DDoSed.

Heck just going into live with PlayStation amd making multiple searches will cause the OS to go unstable and make it to where you cant do things, or causes the system to freeze and crash.

This latest outage made it to where I could hardly move around in the PS menu, I couldn't even launch netflix, removing the Ethernet cable and it made it to where everything was fine but you cant use Netflix without a internet connection.

I have Artificially caused my internet connection to go unstable and resulted in multiple issues with the system, games crashing, system freezing and crashing, PS menu lag/stuttering, inability to select things on screen (cant launch games, go into system settings and so forth). It doesn't always happen. Something in the PS4 software doesn't take too kindly to unstable network conditions, with each firmware update it has became less of an issue then it once was but it still can happen.

Haiden
05-01-2016, 16:37
Its actually known that a unstable internet connection and or unstable PSN connection will cause the PS4 to go into a unstable state and cause all kinds of issues, it doesn't always happen to everyone but it does happen to some. I experienced the same issues due to a unstable internet connection or when PSN being DDoSed.

Heck just going into live with PlayStation amd making multiple searches will cause the OS to go unstable and make it to where you cant do things, or causes the system to freeze and crash.

This latest outage made it to where I could hardly move around in the PS menu, I couldn't even launch netflix, removing the Ethernet cable and it made it to where everything was fine but you cant use Netflix without a internet connection.

I have Artificially caused my internet connection to go unstable and resulted in multiple issues with the system, games crashing, system freezing and crashing, PS menu lag/stuttering, inability to select things on screen (cant launch games, go into system settings and so forth). It doesn't always happen. Something in the PS4 software doesn't take too kindly to unstable network conditions, with each firmware update it has became less of an issue then it once was but it still can happen.

I played single player all night last night and never even noticed the network was down.

madmax2069
05-01-2016, 16:49
I played single player all night last night and never even noticed the network was down.

Like I said, it doesn't always happen, there has been many times when PSN was down and I never knew it was until a friend called me and asked if I was able to connect to PSN. But there has been times where all kinds of issues happen due to internet being unstable, or PSN having issues/being DDOSed.

If PSN was down to normal maintenance it usually doesn't effect the systems connected to it (as in being connected before maintenance started, or powered the PS4 on during maintenance). But if PSN is interrupted due to a unstable internet connection or they're beind DDoSed then issues can happen.

Sasquatch
05-01-2016, 21:45
I logged on the morning of before work to get my "The Crew" faction crap started. It was very much a planned maintenance, I say this because I did get a notification along the lines of "PSN will begin maintenance soon." A couple hours later - seeing people confused on why it's down on reddit and then there's the folk who also got the notification on their console... Sony apparently didn't put out the message any other way.

I'm sure it was normal scheduled system maintenance at first, but something obviously went wrong. If I remember Christmas 2014 correctly, post-DDoS - PSN very slowly came up. PSN was up and running strong all regions at 11pm. I say strong, because well, R6 Siege didn't drop a match once last night. LOL.