PDA

View Full Version : humbly offering some xbox one controller tips

kevin kirk
05-01-2016, 20:58
I have notice that a lot of players are dealing with a jerky controller. I am having a totally different experience with controller gameplay.Im not getting any of the jerky wheel movement or jerky controls. I thought I might share my simple method of setting up a controller. !!! First the advanced controller option need to be off. If you have it on and need to turn it off, you need to turn it off and then cycle through the controller presets to reset the controls settings. For some reason if you just turn it off without cycling thur the presets and resetting your controls, it will still have the same feeling as if it is on. !!! Being on preset 3 turn your deadzone down to 0 and your steering sensitivity to 0. Now turn you SPEED sensitivity to 100,all the way up. Go to the track and the car shouldn't turn at all. Now go thur the process of turning the SPEED sesnsitivity down 5 numbers and going back to the track, turning the SPEED sensitivity down by 5 more numbers, going back to the track and so on until you land on a number that feels good. I landed on SPEED sensitivity being on 70 or 75. Dictated by car and track. Now all of your controller steering adjustments will be with one thing, the SPEED sensitivity setting.

RacerPaul65
06-01-2016, 09:02
sounds interesting and definitely worth a try. I don't suffer too badly on the controller but more smoothness is always good

thank you :tup:

kevin kirk
06-01-2016, 17:00
sounds interesting and definitely worth a try. I don't suffer too badly on the controller but more smoothness is always good

thank you :tup:......Your just using this to take out the jerky,it is to sensitive feeling. Once you land on a number you like. Then you can use the cars diff setting and brake mapping to adjust how well you turn thur the corner. Using the diff and brake mapping to adjust how well you turn allows you to dial in your turning without making the car more jerky.

Benja190782
06-01-2016, 19:36
What about steering ratio when racing with the controller - what should I put the steering ratio on?

kevin kirk
06-01-2016, 20:18
What about steering ratio when racing with the controller - what should I put the steering ratio on?
......if you change it at all change it to slow. Ratio helps with the fine steering adjustment. Say your coming out of the corner and having a hard time placing your outside wheels on the outside curb exactly when and were you want. Then you would move it to slow allowing you to make more finer perfect imputs.

o2R Dsquared 07
07-01-2016, 09:08
This is fantastic advice and is exactly what I did myself when figuring it all out. For my RUF GT3 I had 0 steering sensitivity, 90 speed sensitivity. Brought the car into line then just tuned the actual car to do what I wanted. Sometimes a little controller filtering helps a lot too. I think on one track I had controller filtering at 20.

kevin kirk
07-01-2016, 15:48
This is fantastic advice and is exactly what I did myself when figuring it all out. For my RUF GT3 I had 0 steering sensitivity, 90 speed sensitivity. Brought the car into line then just tuned the actual car to do what I wanted. Sometimes a little controller filtering helps a lot too. I think on one track I had controller filtering at 20........I don't think I could handle 90. I would be waiting to long for it to turn. I'm mostly 75 with some cars and tracks moved to 70. The ruf gt3 is my hardest car to drive. It doesn't drive like the others. It has way more turn in off throttle then any other car so that high number probally wouldn't work with the other gt3s.

o2R Dsquared 07
08-01-2016, 14:31
Yeah it would make the other GT3s handle like a boat. For the RUF it's perfect. My SLS GT3 was much less on the speed sensitivity. So when you said you don't think you can handle 90, that wasn't correct was it? For the RUF GT3, you'd want the 90, just like I said. Trust me bro, I know what I'm doing ;)

kevin kirk
08-01-2016, 16:58
Yeah it would make the other GT3s handle like a boat. For the RUF it's perfect. My SLS GT3 was much less on the speed sensitivity. So when you said you don't think you can handle 90, that wasn't correct was it? For the RUF GT3, you'd want the 90, just like I said. Trust me bro, I know what I'm doing ;).......sometimes with the ruf gt3, well all gt3 cars for that matter, I like to turn tire wear off and run with the hard tires. I can get that tail wagging on late corner exit feeling that I like but not have a big mess on my hands were I cant control it.

Benja190782
08-01-2016, 18:03
This is fantastic advice and is exactly what I did myself when figuring it all out. For my RUF GT3 I had 0 steering sensitivity, 90 speed sensitivity. Brought the car into line then just tuned the actual car to do what I wanted. Sometimes a little controller filtering helps a lot too. I think on one track I had controller filtering at 20.

So does that mean you race with "controller filtering" at 0 on all other cars?

And do you tune your car different from when you race with a wheel?

kevin kirk
08-01-2016, 18:25
So does that mean you race with "controller filtering" at 0 on all other cars?

And do you tune your car different from when you race with a wheel?.....controller filtering in on zero. Anything higher just gives me my a lag or delay feeling. I'm on controller, Just no room or money for a wheel. I have to say I'm having trouble hanging on to the controller for more than 45 min because the dam thing vibrates so much. Do you know if the force feed back settings in the game applies to how much the controllers vibration? I can set mine down will its vibrated and it will bounce across the table.

Benja190782
08-01-2016, 18:51
^^
That's odd.. If I put my Force Feedback setting at 0 in the controller options. My controller won't rumble at all.

kevin kirk
08-01-2016, 19:56
^^
That's odd.. If I put my Force Feedback setting at 0 in the controller options. My controller won't rumble at all.
.... oh I need to play around with that setting then. Thanks