PDA

View Full Version : AI pitting with multiple weather slots

fancyPants
05-01-2016, 23:01
Okay, two situations that happened recently that just take out all the fun of having dynamic weather.

Situation 1:
Quick race weekend
Weather slot 1: Thunderstorm
Weather slot 2: Clear

In a 10 laps race everything went fine, noone went into the pits, just in the very last lap, when there's absolutely no reason to pit at all anymore, all of the AI opponents pit. Tyres were still fine. I heard the "solution" just to pit, too, in another thread. Well, it was too late, as I was leading the &$%žing race.

Situation 2:
Weather slot 1: Medium Cloud
Weather slot 2: Storm
Weather slot 3: Fog
Weather slot 4: Clear

This time I set the racing time to 30 minutes and the weather syncing to race. Well, in every lap about 10 to 15 AI opponents go to the pits, and this starts already in lap 1. In every lap. Weather forecast is still Medium cloud, and the best part, this doesn't change at all. The weather stays the same. After 20 minutes or so I aborted.

Of what use is this dynamic weather when it basically makes you win every race? Please fix this with the next patch! Car is Audi A1 quattro if that matters, AI strenght 90. Tracks were Suzuka in situation 1 and Spa in situation 2.

Seelenkrank
06-01-2016, 08:25
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43675-Half-the-grid-is-pitting

Pappa_Stig
06-01-2016, 11:10
The AI has sucked since the game came out, they'll never get fixed. Every time I'm in a race with anything but fixed conditions, they either pit repeatedly, leading to me winning by multiple laps, or they all go into the pits with one or two laps to go. Been like this since day 1 mate. I wouldn't bother asking for a fix, as every time they fix something, it just breaks something else anyway.

Animera
06-01-2016, 18:08
4 very different weather slots in 30 minutes isn't very realistic, so the AI are bound to get confused.

fancyPants
06-01-2016, 22:10
Drove a race with the same conditions today on Donington today. Unfortunately it isn't easily reproducible.