PDA

View Full Version : Do you use helmet cam?

Ezuna
06-01-2016, 15:52
I find it fascinating....at times. But not sure if I'm missing out by not using it more.

If so...what settings do you use?

kevin kirk
06-01-2016, 16:14
helmet removed, and only look to apex. The leaning and the earth setting off makes me feel like the corner has more camber than it really does

Miker
06-01-2016, 16:21
I like it for open wheelers, Formula Rookies in particular. I know its realistic but I wish it didn't muffle the sound, would love an option to disable that bit

Ezuna
06-01-2016, 16:23
I like it for open wheelers, Formula Rookies in particular. I know its realistic but I wish it didn't muffle the sound, would love an option to disable that bit

Exactly!

Can't remember which sim has it but there was an option to use 'external sounds' which was cool in the cockpit.

Come to think of it that's an area that's REALLY lacking with pcars.

Sound configuration is a joke...even GTR 1 had more options.

I HATE HATE HATE all this 'ambient crowd and airhorne' rubbish as well but no way to turn it off.

Mauler_77
06-01-2016, 17:44
Helmet off, look to apex on but not too high, blur off. Look to apex is a great thing, and allows for narrower FOV whilst still being practical. No high speed shake, no speed sensitivity.

Haiden
06-01-2016, 21:45
I love helmet cam, but I really wish the visor wasn't tinted, or that the tint could be turned off, like the blur. It makes someone tracks too dark, so I have to switch to regular cockpit.

Ezuna
07-01-2016, 08:37
I love helmet cam, but I really wish the visor wasn't tinted, or that the tint could be turned off, like the blur. It makes someone tracks too dark, so I have to switch to regular cockpit.

Do you find it helps you to be more accurate with your race lines to use helmet cam or do you just enjoy it?

resmania
07-01-2016, 08:52
I use helmet cam with helmet overlay turned off. (TrackIR only works in Helmet cam mode)

Marrrfooo
07-01-2016, 09:44
I went from using helmet cam, to not using it and now recently moved back to it (minus depth of field and world shake down to 50, helmet leaning down to 50 and zero camera lean) and it's working quite well for me. Still needs a little tweaking for me but it's generally helpful for getting an idea of where the car should be - as well as being a discipline that's pivotal for actual racing drivers so it's nice to try it out and see if it works for you or not.

Ezuna
07-01-2016, 11:59

Miker I think I've just made your day!

I've discovered in the options for camera you can turn the helmet OFF.

I've just tested it and it keeps all the movement settings etc., BUT gives normal cockpit sounds as well :)

Give it a go and let me know what you think :)

kevin kirk
07-01-2016, 15:56
anyone else notice when you turn the earth movement to 100 for no movement at all. Some tracks like watkins glen seem like the ride of the car feels like its super hard?

RacingManiac
07-01-2016, 16:27
Hmm didn't realize there are settings to play with, might need to try it some more...I sorta missed the look-to-apex feature from some of the older games in GT, but the few times I switched the the Helmet view in this it was kinda jarring.

Mauler_77
08-01-2016, 08:05
Hmm didn't realize there are settings to play with, might need to try it some more...I sorta missed the look-to-apex feature from some of the older games in GT, but the few times I switched the the Helmet view in this it was kinda jarring.

If you find that you're turning your head too far before the corner just turn down the look to apex slider until it feels natural. Can be a bit off-putting if it's not right. Other than that it's very helpful.

Heinz Martin
08-01-2016, 09:19
I really love helmet cam, It gives us a major contribution to realism.

Equation
08-01-2016, 09:45
Yes I use. Its realisting and help to hit apexies.