PDA

View Full Version : Fuel, tire wear and damage ... what should I put the sliders at?

Mad Dog Smith
07-01-2016, 02:10
At first I put this game on easy ...

I played two years of career mode. Karts and super karts.

I was pretty dominate so I jakked the sliders up to 50 difficulty and I put on every things else too. But I don't know what I should do regarding fuel and tire wear. Damage as well.

I want to race long enough that pit strategy becomes a factor. I like the idea of pitting at least once, twice, three, possibly four times a race.

So what should I do with my sliders, guys? I turn to your experience on this issue. Thanks.

hkraft300
07-01-2016, 03:14
If you dominated I'd say crank up the AI difficulty slider. Damage full will make you all the more careful to not make mistakes or silly passes.
Fuel and tyre wear to real won't have you pitting in the short-ish sprint races but if you turn up tyre wear you'll need to box and take tyre strategy in to play.
Some guys destroy AI at 100% difficulty. For them too I'd recommend accelerated tyre wear to force yourself on a harder compound.
Make it challenging for yourself. If its too easy its no fun :)

Mad Dog Smith
07-01-2016, 21:49
If you dominated I'd say crank up the AI difficulty slider.

It's at 50 now and the only race I've won is a super kart race. Looks like I've met my match. Haha.

Damage full will make you all the more careful to not make mistakes or silly passes.

How does damage work? If I get damaged in the race, or in qualifying? Does it affect only that session? Or does it effect every session in the event? Or does it effect the entire season with that vehicle?

Fuel and tyre wear to real won't have you pitting in the short-ish sprint races but if you turn up tyre wear you'll need to box and take tyre strategy in to play.

I do want to pit. How many laps do you think I'll have to set it on before I need to pit for fuel or tires?

And am I correct to say that 7X actually wears them down faster than real?

If its too easy its no fun

Couldn't agree more. I like games that %@#% me until I like it.

Invincible
07-01-2016, 22:17
Damage affects only the current session. If you damage your car in the qualifying, it will be in perfect shape again in the race.

The need to pit depends on the track and also the car. For GT3 cars for example, you'll need around 25 laps on the Nurburgring until you really need to pit for tires.

And yes, with 7x tire wear, tires will wear 7 times faster than real.

Mad Dog Smith
10-01-2016, 00:11
Damage affects only the current session. If you damage your car in the qualifying, it will be in perfect shape again in the race.

The need to pit depends on the track and also the car. For GT3 cars for example, you'll need around 25 laps on the Nurburgring until you really need to pit for tires.

And yes, with 7x tire wear, tires will wear 7 times faster than real.

Right now i got everything on real. 100% session.

Went into the pit yesterday. Said pit was busy. I was like wtf? I need to get in there!

Also, i went into the pit once and they didn't change my tires. So mad. Haha.

I guess i still have a lot to learn. I should start a thread just about the daily happenings of my career mode.

hkraft300
10-01-2016, 06:08
Could do.
You'd probably want to set and save multiple pit strategy before the race. Take care for fuel load, tyre compound and pressures.

Shinzah
10-01-2016, 06:34
Just as a note, in the lower tiers I find the AI slider mostly controls aggro and not pace

I've found a setting on 80-90% works well on lower tiers and sometimes makes the AI actually faster if you don't session skip.

In the higher tiers a 95-100 setting always works best, but if you find yourself in fights with AI that tends to be a bit optimistic you might want to dial it down a bit, the AI still isn't perfect at some tracks but its a much, much better AI than the game launched. Especially in endurance.

hkraft300
10-01-2016, 07:23
I was skipping sessions in the karts at 100, and as long as I didn't let them catch me (balls to the wall the only way to drive these) I was OK. Set a good time skip session, stay ahead = easy win lol robbed myself of some good battles perhaps! They certainly were aggro at 100. Regardless, didn't enjoy the karts much. Superkarts are silly fast though.
I'm up to the next tier in a Palmer Jag now. Slowly getting through it.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
10-01-2016, 08:05
Starting a race v ai from last place and working my way to p1 is the best way to race the ai imo, I usually don't overtake on the 1st lap and if the ai are pulling away I know to restart the session with ai set a bit lower level and if the race is over before I get to the front I can add a few Laps to the next time I try.

hkraft300
10-01-2016, 13:11
If you can go from last place to P1, your AI is set too low.
If you like the overtake action that's great.
I'd also highly recommend an AI level where you qualify in the top 10 and battle for podium/P1, where catching the car in front is a struggle and passing a car must be calculated.
If you're faster than 100% AI, and many are, then sandbagging your qualifying may give you the necessary challenge :) or just pick the slower car in the class.

Mulder71
10-01-2016, 13:40
Ai settings are a bit dependend on what class you drive and sometimes even circuit dependend.. some classes are impossible at 100% and others are too easy still at 100% ai (based on my karts-super karts-formula rookie - fomrula gulf - fomrula c - formula b (worst class so far) - and formula a experience)
The AI is just not constant enough from class to class and track to track.. you need to fiddle around where you can to keep it challenging and if you find 100% easy to beat than switch to another class ;)

Fight-Test
10-01-2016, 13:44
If ur teammate is in pit it will say pit busy. Use ur pit button before u go in and they will tell u if pit is busy.

Mad Dog Smith
12-01-2016, 21:38
If ur teammate is in pit it will say pit busy. Use ur pit button before u go in and they will tell u if pit is busy.

Cool, thanks, man. It's funny how I don't know all the controls yet. I feel like this game kind of thrown you in with the lions. But I could google them.

What's the pit button?

Schnizz58
12-01-2016, 21:47
What's the pit button?
It's whatever button you assigned to it in Options->Controls. It basically requests a pit stop and then you'll get a pit board that pops up and says PIT IN.