PDA

View Full Version : 24h Version of Nordschleife/Nürburgring in progress?

Eldurrox
07-01-2016, 17:01
Hey guys,
does anybody know if the 24h Version of the Nordschleife/Nürburgring is in progress? I'd like to have a race on this iconic track with my friends, but it seems like the track isn't in the game. It's kind of depressing to see the tracks separate available, but not as one. :( Replies are always welcome!

Cheers Eldurrox

Shanasman450
07-01-2016, 17:07
If you're talking about the full length track (12.94 miles) it's there.

RomKnight
07-01-2016, 17:11
Don't hold your breath for the VLN 24h layout of Nords or even the bridge to gantry.

hotak
07-01-2016, 17:12
i think he talks about VLN circuit, i think it won't make it in pCars1 because of engine limitations in handling very big tracks

Eldurrox
07-01-2016, 17:17
If you're talking about the full length track (12.94 miles) it's there.

No, I'm not talking about just the Nordschleife. When the 24h Race takes place there is a "breakthrough" from the Nordschleife to the Nürburgring. Here is a picture what the Nordschleife (12.94 Miles) looks like: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg/2000px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg.png
And here is one, when the 24h Race (15,77 Miles) takes place: http://blog-de.kwautomotive.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Nordschleife.jpg

It's slightly different, but it matters to me.

Blueflight
07-01-2016, 17:20
I came to Project Cars from Forza 6 on XBox one. There they have the 24h layout but the last chicane is from the GP variant which is false.
I was quite disappointed that they got it wrong even with laserscanning.
I hand´t studied the Project Cars tracklist before but boy was I shocked to see that there is no VLN/24h layout in here. I checked the track list ingame 4 times to believe it!

azidahaka
07-01-2016, 18:56
Me too.

A
In any case guys shut off any dreams you might have. No more good things coming to pcars1, see custom championships for example.

I guess this game is considered to be finished.

Shanasman450
07-01-2016, 20:14
No, I'm not talking about just the Nordschleife. When the 24h Race takes place there is a "breakthrough" from the Nordschleife to the Nürburgring. Here is a picture what the Nordschleife (12.94 Miles) looks like: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg/2000px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg.png
And here is one, when the 24h Race (15,77 Miles) takes place: http://blog-de.kwautomotive.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Nordschleife.jpg

It's slightly different, but it matters to me.

Ah. Never seen that track variant before. I'd love to give it a go though.

Shanasman450
07-01-2016, 20:16
On a side note, is the a 24 hour nordschleife even anywhere in the career.

Invincible
07-01-2016, 20:18
I came to Project Cars from Forza 6 on XBox one. There they have the 24h layout but the last chicane is from the GP variant which is false.
I was quite disappointed that they got it wrong even with laserscanning.
I hand´t studied the Project Cars tracklist before but boy was I shocked to see that there is no VLN/24h layout in here. I checked the track list ingame 4 times to believe it!

Just out of curiosity, what did they get wrong? Did they use the sharper Nürburgring GP chicane instead of the faster 24h / Motorcycle version?

On a side note, is the a 24 hour nordschleife even anywhere in the career.

Unfortunately, no. The game engine at this point can't handle the full VLN layout. Whether it may be single player or career.

havocc
07-01-2016, 20:22
Unfortunately, no. The game engine at this point can't handle the full VLN layout. Whether it may be single player or career.

And loading screens are not an option for racing games

Invincible
07-01-2016, 20:24
And loading screens are not an option for racing games

Bwahahahaha! I would like to see those faces... a loading screen everytime they enter or leave the Nürburgring GP track... :rolleyes:

N0body Of The Goat
07-01-2016, 20:43
Hey guys,
does anybody know if the 24h Version of the Nordschleife/Nürburgring is in progress?

Yes.

Or at least I hope someone knows if something is being done, otherwise we might have good reason to believe in UFOs pausing time, hijacking SMS staff and then releasing them with no recollection. ;)

Blueflight
07-01-2016, 20:48
[QUOTE=Invincible;1207488]Just out of curiosity, what did they get wrong? Did they use the sharper Nürburgring GP chicane instead of the faster 24h / Motorcycle version?

Exactly, yes.

Mahjik
07-01-2016, 21:12
Unfortunately, no. The game engine at this point can't handle the full VLN layout.

Where was this said?

RomKnight
07-01-2016, 21:12
Where was this said?

wmd days

cluck
07-01-2016, 21:16
wmd daysthat's what I recall reading too :).

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-01-2016, 22:10
wmd daysIIRC it wasn't exactly that the engine can't handle a track that "long" or big. It was more to do with both Nords and the GP track being built to a level of detail that was already pushing the limits of performance, and combining two such tracks into one track would be too much. A track that long would be possible, but it'd basically require helluva lot of work on both the GP and the Nords portions, and the circuit portion wouldn't look anywhere near as good as the normal GP version or the other circuits in the game. So rather than engine limiting the length, it's more of an issue with the high level of detail on the tracks and the discrepancy there would be between the VLN/24H layout and the individual tracks, breaking consistency.

I know many people wouldn't mind that at all, but I can sympathize with SMS.

This is just how I remember the discussion going back then though. =)

cluck
07-01-2016, 22:26
IIRC it wasn't exactly that the engine can't handle a track that "long" or big. It was more to do with both Nords and the GP track being built to a level of detail that was already pushing the limits of performance, and combining two such tracks into one track would be too much. A track that long would be possible, but it'd basically require helluva lot of work on both the GP and the Nords portions, and the circuit portion wouldn't look anywhere near as good as the normal GP version or the other circuits in the game. So rather than engine limiting the length, it's more of an issue with the high level of detail on the tracks and the discrepancy there would be between the VLN/24H layout and the individual tracks, breaking consistency.

This is just how I remember the discussion going back then though. =)You're right, that's what it was :).

Shanasman450
08-01-2016, 03:09

Im not sure were seeing eye to eye. I probably should've done a spell check and worded my question a bit better better. I mean is there any events in the career that run just the standard nordschleife for 24h.

Invincible
08-01-2016, 04:27
Im not sure were seeing eye to eye. I probably should've done a spell check and worded my question a bit better better. I mean is there any events in the career that run just the standard nordschleife for 24h.

Oh sorry, yes there are. But I don't know exactly which ones unfortunately.

Shanasman450
08-01-2016, 07:29
Oh sorry, yes there are. But I don't know exactly which ones unfortunately.

Great. I hadn't seen on pop up yet so I was starting to doubt. Last time I got to race a full 24h around the green hell was in gt3 and I can't wait to do it again. Although with work and a family it will take some planning.

wesker6664
08-01-2016, 08:07
IIRC it wasn't exactly that the engine can't handle a track that "long" or big. It was more to do with both Nords and the GP track being built to a level of detail that was already pushing the limits of performance, and combining two such tracks into one track would be too much. A track that long would be possible, but it'd basically require helluva lot of work on both the GP and the Nords portions, and the circuit portion wouldn't look anywhere near as good as the normal GP version or the other circuits in the game. So rather than engine limiting the length, it's more of an issue with the high level of detail on the tracks and the discrepancy there would be between the VLN/24H layout and the individual tracks, breaking consistency.

This is just how I remember the discussion going back then though. =)

Indeed Jussi, but with the proper use of occluders, optimized LODS and possibly removing some elements it should largery be feasible (it's been asked many times during development) and would be a huge bonus in a game whith such a fantastic line up of endurance racers.

Unfortunately it won't come, i bet the team has bigger fishes to fry with many bugs still affecting the game and the forthcoming DLC. The devs are now probably going back and forth from pCARS1 to pCARS2, and IMO that's why the progress is slow and the results still inconsistent. It happened already when the development of the F2P game started, where we haven't seen some devs for MONTHS, resulting in the game being delayed and a bit rushed at the end. UI is a perfect example i think, the progress has been very slow with almost no communication, resulting in a rushed final and Andy not having the time to polish and implement Fernando's ideas. This all may sound a bit harsh, but that's because i love pCARS as much as i hate its defects :)

SofiaMatata
08-01-2016, 10:59
Great. I hadn't seen on pop up yet so I was starting to doubt. Last time I got to race a full 24h around the green hell was in gt3 and I can't wait to do it again. Although with work and a family it will take some planning.

Off-topic warning... But how many of you actually play 24h events in real time? I've been wondering whether I could do Le Mans with a friend as a team mate.

Eldurrox
08-01-2016, 13:48
Off-topic warning... But how many of you actually play 24h events in real time? I've been wondering whether I could do Le Mans with a friend as a team mate.

I would actually give it a go. Le Mans or the green hell either way... It has it's charm somehow.

Shanasman450
08-01-2016, 20:12
Off-topic warning... But how many of you actually play 24h events in real time?

None. Hence the excitement.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
08-01-2016, 20:44
I'd play one as soon as I could get two co-drivers. =)

Shanasman450
08-01-2016, 22:51
I don't really have any friends that play pcars and I'm not a fan of the ai driver you have the option of using so when I do mine it'll be purely solo.

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 23:07
None. Hence the excitement.

I've actually did 15h stints by myself... twice with 8h of sleep in the middle.

I won't wont repeat this ever so, yeah, i long for driver swap...

Morgan Henstridge
09-01-2016, 02:43
I did the 24 hour Le Mans in real time with the AI co-driver filling in when i took a power nap :)

It's a big achievement, but not one i'm in a hurry to repeat :)

I could easily see a group of mates doing a 6 or 12 hour race in realtime, but 24 is a bit much.