PDA

View Full Version : G29 gas pedal clicks; is this normal?

KeithLBeats
07-01-2016, 18:05
Hello,

I recently recieved a G29 and I've noticed that the gas pedal clicks very slightly and feels "notchy" when I begin to press it down.

Is this normal? Can anyone else that owns a G29 please verify?

Here is a link to a video that shows the problem:
https://youtu.be/F7oyJoBpEzA

It only clicks at the very beginning of travel.

UPDATE: I exchanged the G29 and everything is working smoothly.

Thanks,
Keith

bradleyland
07-01-2016, 18:56
WARNING: That sendvid link displays a "trap" pop-up ad that will force you to dismiss a ton of javascript alert boxes.

Keith, you should consider using an alternative video sharing site, like YouTube or Vimeo. That sendvid.com site is full of egregious ads that try to take over your browser.

sirsilver1968
07-01-2016, 18:58
Hi

By the sound of what you are saying I would definitely contact the place where you purchased and get a replacement set of pedals as mine are smooth and do not click or notch.

Some folk may not bother but for me I expect my products to be defect free.

KeithLBeats
07-01-2016, 19:11
WARNING: That sendvid link displays a "trap" pop-up ad that will force you to dismiss a ton of javascript alert boxes.

Keith, you should consider using an alternative video sharing site, like YouTube or Vimeo. That sendvid.com site is full of egregious ads that try to take over your browser.

You're right, that site is no good; edited!

Hi

By the sound of what you are saying I would definitely contact the place where you purchased and get a replacement set of pedals as mine are smooth and do not click or notch.

Some folk may not bother but for me I expect my products to be defect free.

Thanks for your input. I'm going to exchange it. It's such a minor issue, but the brake and clutch don't do it, so I'm thinking something is not right.

GIA600
08-01-2016, 14:28
Mine do not click at all and are smooth throughout the travel if thats any help.