PDA

View Full Version : CSS question

Identadoor
08-01-2016, 11:29
I'm hoping someone can help. I'm on PlayStation using a fanatec gt2 wheel and club sport shifter. I'm having an issue when I shift it drops into neutral for almost every other gear. Has anyone else experienced this?

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 11:38
does it work in the fanatec app? if not, might be a problem. I have some jumping from 1st to reverse (just one example) after 2 weeks of nearly no use. Sent it to repair... no more problems.

but first do try to calibrate the shifter again, especially after firmware upgrades.

Sankyo
08-01-2016, 11:45
I'm hoping someone can help. I'm on PlayStation using a fanatec gt2 wheel and club sport shifter. I'm having an issue when I shift it drops into neutral for almost every other gear. Has anyone else experienced this?
What car(s)? Are you trying to shift a sequential car with the H-shifter? Are you using the clutch properly, i.e. not shifting too fast?

Identadoor
08-01-2016, 11:47
does it work in the fanatec app? if not, might be a problem. I have some jumping from 1st to reverse (just one example) after 2 weeks of nearly no use. Sent it to repair... no more problems.

but first do try to calibrate the shifter again, especially after firmware upgrades.

I'm not aware of the fanatec app that you mentioned. I'll try to recalibrate again. I just got the shifter for Christmas so hopefully it doesn't have to go back for repairs. Thanks for the response!

Identadoor
08-01-2016, 11:51
What car(s)? Are you trying to shift a sequential car with the H-shifter? Are you using the clutch properly, i.e. not shifting too fast?

Unfortunately I didn't take note of all the cars, but it appears to happen to most. One was the bmw z4 and another was the vantage gt3 I think. I tried shifting very slow as I read that could be the issue, but doesn't seem to be the case.

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 11:52
It is a wording problem. The "app" is installed with the drivers. Since you will try to calibrate again, I'll assume you have it :) (so you can see it working before you play)

Mahjik
08-01-2016, 15:19
It is a wording problem. The "app" is installed with the drivers. Since you will try to calibrate again, I'll assume you have it :) (so you can see it working before you play)

He said he's on PS4, does that app exist there (I don't have a PS4, so I have no idea)?

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 17:42
But he has a PC to test (according to "platform" below avatar). Shouldn't take long to install fanatec drivers there and test...

Identadoor
08-01-2016, 20:28
But he has a PC to test (according to "platform" below avatar). Shouldn't take long to install fanatec drivers there and test...

I'm sorry but I didn't set up everything on here. I don't have a pc. Only ps4. I recalibrated and still the same results. I tried a different race game and it works fine.

Identadoor
08-01-2016, 21:41

I tried road B just now and had no issues. Went back to gt3 and experienced the same issues of the car not engaging into gear. 3rd'and 5th. Downshifting never seems to be an issue. It only occurs when shifting up a gear.

Silraed
09-01-2016, 02:41
Have you experienced the problem in any other cars that use paddle shifters? Is it only the GT3 cars?

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 13:52
In cars that use paddles (better wording is sequential gears) you can't change the gears using gated shifts (H) to switch from 5th to 3rd (which is a hack that I *think* exists in rF2 actually) since well... they're sequential :D

Since it was not yet specified by the op what CSS he has (one is just H and not sequential) I have to ask, which is it. In any case, up or downshift with H in sequential gearbox cars might cause problems as they're not intended to work like that. I'm even amazed why it happens JUST when upshifting.

Identadoor
18-01-2016, 10:55
In cars that use paddles (better wording is sequential gears) you can't change the gears using gated shifts (H) to switch from 5th to 3rd (which is a hack that I *think* exists in rF2 actually) since well... they're sequential :D

Since it was not yet specified by the op what CSS he has (one is just H and not sequential) I have to ask, which is it. In any case, up or downshift with H in sequential gearbox cars might cause problems as they're not intended to work like that. I'm even amazed why it happens JUST when upshifting.

It's just a H shifter, not sequential. Shifting into 3rd or 5th gear just seems to drop into neutral for the gt cars. The sauber works perfectly, the ford focus works, the Mitsubishi and it seems all road c1 and 2 seem to shift fine. My favorite car is the bmw gt z4, but its so frustrating to drive now. I have to shift to 3rd and when it doesn't engage, I shift to 4th, then have to drop back down to 3rd in order to get into 3rd gear. Same for 5th gear. The aerials also have the shifting issue. I think it also does occur occasionally when down shifting.

RomKnight
18-01-2016, 13:04
So you are having troubles only with cars that have sequential gearboxes.
If it depended on me H wouldnt work at all :)

Identadoor
19-01-2016, 10:52
So I guess I'm the only one who has this issue? I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it'll be resolved by patch 8. Thanks SMS, the game has been fun outside of a few frustrating bugs, but I'm sure they'll be worked out.

Sankyo
19-01-2016, 11:38
So I guess I'm the only one who has this issue? I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it'll be resolved by patch 8. Thanks SMS, the game has been fun outside of a few frustrating bugs, but I'm sure they'll be worked out.
The point is that you're trying to shift a sequentially-shifted car with an H-shifter. The transmission model of the car is expecting sequential shifter input, feeding it with H-shifter input is likely to give issues. Why are you not using the paddle shifters to shift gears in the BMW Z4?

Identadoor
19-01-2016, 11:54
I had purchased the game on day one and had been using the cheaper plastic fanatec H shifter with never encountering this issue. When that broke I bought the CSS and now have the issue. This all occurred around the time patch 7 came out, so I'm not sure if it's something in the patch or the shifter. I've confirmed the shifter works fine with other games. I don't like using the paddles. I find the game to be more fun with a H shifter. Just my preference.

GrimeyDog
19-01-2016, 15:33
The point is that you're trying to shift a sequentially-shifted car with an H-shifter. The transmission model of the car is expecting sequential shifter input, feeding it with H-shifter input is likely to give issues. Why are you not using the paddle shifters to shift gears in the BMW Z4?

Remco i just ordered the Fanatec CS 1.5 Shifter... What Should i expect? Do i have to disconnect it when im Not using it? or Can i just switch on the Fly EX: Race a GT3 ruf 1 Race then switch cars and Race a Older Car with the Shifter without Having to make Changes in the Options and settings.

Can i just use it on the fly like that Paddle Shift 1 race H Shifter Next Race then back to using Padle to shift.

RomKnight
19-01-2016, 15:40
Just connect it to the base, calibrate it and that's that.

Not sure how it works on consoles but on PC in the drivers you have an option to map the sequential to the paddles So you can use both as you which.

when you use the "switch" from H<->SQ you don't need to do anything else as long as you have both paddles and H assigned in the game.

I'm assuming you ordered the CSS SQ, ofc.

PS: if you don't have the option to map the SQ to paddles somewhere in the consoles, in pCARS, unfortunately, you'll have to change the assignments from the paddles to the SQ shifter every time...

Identadoor
21-01-2016, 15:42
Remco i just ordered the Fanatec CS 1.5 Shifter... What Should i expect? Do i have to disconnect it when im Not using it? or Can i just switch on the Fly EX: Race a GT3 ruf 1 Race then switch cars and Race a Older Car with the Shifter without Having to make Changes in the Options and settings.

Can i just use it on the fly like that Paddle Shift 1 race H Shifter Next Race then back to using Padle to shift.

Could you please let me know if you have the same issue when you get yours set up? I was hoping the patch would fix it, but I still have the same results.