PDA

View Full Version : I remember you guys! I have returned for some help..

PeoplesChampion
09-01-2016, 02:57
So, I took a very long break and went to run PCars on my XBox and it started downloading a very large update. After the update, I started the game and it got to the screen ( title screen ) before you choose what you want to do ( the main menu screen where you can choose career, online lobby, etc )and said it needed to DL another update. The update is, I believe, 8.9 MB. Well, it never DL's the update and then freezes.

I have tried for the past two weeks.. Deleting everything and re-installing, hard resets.. Nothing is working.

I just wanna play PCars and I can't! Is this some sort of sick joke for being gone so long? Look, I'm sorry! Please help me, though!

Pcars Driver 44
09-01-2016, 07:25
Firstly as you said a VERY large update! Ok are you sure you have enough storage on your Xbox?

PeoplesChampion
09-01-2016, 11:44
Firstly as you said a VERY large update! Ok are you sure you have enough storage on your Xbox?

Bruh..

Yes. I'm sure. The update was close to 6 gigs; if I remember correctly. I had about 40 gigs available.

Listen, I'm unintelligent.. Hell, I'm probably closer to being mentally retarded than I've ever been.. But come on, man! A full HD is the kind of troubleshooting I did as a tiny sperm sitting on the keyboard of an old Tandy in the 80's. Ok, so I wasn't sitting on the keyboard.. I made it in a cootch.

I'm just messin with ya, man.. I appreciate your input. Let's move on to step 2, though.

D_D89
15-01-2016, 15:31
The same thing happened to me!

Remove the game, including the DLC. Don't remove your save data. Clear the cache of your xbox (hold the power button). Reinstall PC, install the update, download the DLC through the game menu and you're back in action. I waited untill the game was fully installed before booting up. Hope that helps! Good luck!

OpticalHercules
16-01-2016, 16:29
Also when you do the reinstall/update during install, try doing a hard reset when it finishes BEFORE you install any DLC. Then, install your DLC then Hard Reset AGAIN, THEN try to load the game. I know it used to be pretty much mandatory but I don't know any longer because I just made it routine is to do a hard reset after every update before starting the game.

Hope you get it working!

PeoplesChampion
18-01-2016, 18:03
The same thing happened to me!

Remove the game, including the DLC. Don't remove your save data. Clear the cache of your xbox (hold the power button). Reinstall PC, install the update, download the DLC through the game menu and you're back in action. I waited untill the game was fully installed before booting up. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thanks, guys.. Whenever I get a whole day to try this, I will give it a shot.

Oh, Project Cars.. You.. You guys! Industry leading gameplay, plagued by back-alley shenanigans.

I get it.. I wouldn't have released this game any closer to the release of Forza, either.. You guys did what you had to do to make money and your market release timing was very close to perfection. I admire what you did, from a business standpoint.

Also when you do the reinstall/update during install, try doing a hard reset when it finishes BEFORE you install any DLC. Then, install your DLC then Hard Reset AGAIN, THEN try to load the game. I know it used to be pretty much mandatory but I don't know any longer because I just made it routine is to do a hard reset after every update before starting the game.

Hope you get it working!