PDA

View Full Version : I think the curbs at Bathurst are trying to kill me

bradleyland
09-01-2016, 15:32
This pains me to write, but if I don't post in 3 days, please notify my wife and family.

I suspect that the curbs at Bathurst are trying to kill me. Every day, I look over my shoulder, and there they are; all bumpy and convex. Just lying in wait, waiting for me to trim the line just a bit too tight. They're not acting alone either. No, no. They're conspiring with wall. Every time curb pops its ugly little head up, wall is right there, waiting in the wings, ready to pounce. I can hardly take it. I see them in my nightmares. I can no longer parallel park around town. My fear of the curb is too great!

Please, brothers and sisters. Let's watch each other's backs. Don't let the curb win!

Happy Saturday everyone :D

kevin kirk
09-01-2016, 16:03
the gravel trap before the tight downhill section is what reaches out and grabs me. Pulls me toward that wall everytime I drop a wheel in it

oldmodelt
09-01-2016, 16:58
This pains me to write, but if I don't post in 3 days, please notify my wife and family.

I suspect that the curbs at Bathurst are trying to kill me. Every day, I look over my shoulder, and there they are; all bumpy and convex. Just lying in wait, waiting for me to trim the line just a bit too tight. They're not acting alone either. No, no. They're conspiring with wall. Every time curb pops its ugly little head up, wall is right there, waiting in the wings, ready to pounce. I can hardly take it. I see them in my nightmares. I can no longer parallel park around town. My fear of the curb is too great!

Please, brothers and sisters. Let's watch each other's backs. Don't let the curb win!

Try Bathurst in the Karts. You will die. :(

Black_Gold_Saw
09-01-2016, 17:36

Increase spring hight (highed, bad english) and stiffen bump stop.

Salty Dog
10-01-2016, 01:54
Bathurst imo is all about speed, the harder you go at the top of the mountain the better, especially the twisting down hill parts, its amazing just how fast you can go with the right line, as soon as i start backing off is when i get into trouble, just stick at it brother, it will come.

Azure Flare
10-01-2016, 02:10

Why I love Bathurst.

resmania
10-01-2016, 02:23
Can low ploy track surface be a cause of this??

Morgan Henstridge
10-01-2016, 03:10
Once you get the flow right over the Mountain, you can fly. But if I get the first corner in the section wrong, its very hard to get the rhythm back.

Turn 2 is another one that can be tricky to nail and have it run right out to the wall without contact, but again, very satisfying when you nail it.

Azure Flare
10-01-2016, 04:46
Turn 2 is another one that can be tricky to nail and have it run right out to the wall without contact, but again, very satisfying when you nail it.

You know you've done it right when you could just reach out the window and touch the wall.

havocc
10-01-2016, 12:07
I have ro turn dmg off for bathurst

Umer Ahmad
10-01-2016, 12:13
I'm ok going up the mountain....coming down it's gets a bit loose and I need to be very careful.

venquessa
10-01-2016, 13:07
What Mansel said, regarding Monaco relates to bahurst too. If you come back to the pits with the writing still on the tyres you aren't trying hard enough.

bradleyland
10-01-2016, 15:31
I'm slowly getting better, but man, it sure does seem like they're out to get me! The walls at Imola get so much attention for being intimidating, but PCars has given me a real appreciation for how challenging Bathurst is.

I really agree with the comments about timing here. If I can get the timing right, everything goes OK, but the downhill side of the course requires impeccable timing.

havocc
10-01-2016, 15:43
Also the last "S" before finish line is very tricky and makes you think you can go faster than how you actually can...