PDA

View Full Version : Formula Renault 3.5 Engine damage

ant1897
09-01-2016, 18:14
So I've been doing quite a bit of testing with the formula Renault 3.5. I've been noticing progressive engine damage throughout practice sessions... i thought it was maybe my tune. So i reset to default. Same issue. Water oil temps and pressures all looked good. Opened radiator to 100% anyways. Still get the engine damage. Around .50 to .60 engine damage per lap. Happens on downshifts or upshift. Thought maybe i was bouncing off the limiter too hard (even though ive never had this problem previously)... Stop hitting the limiter... still get engine damage...

Is this a known issue with this car? anyone else have this problem? Can anyone with telemetry read outs confirm this isnt just me?

Im running a formula renault series soon and i cant have a car that damages itself for no reason... We'll have a field full of blown engine by lap 20...

Any help would be appreciated, and if this is an issue with the car can some1 report it to the mods...

Thanks.

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 20:08
More cars have this like Ford Capri Zakspeed on default turbo boost even (1% per lap or so)

And I'm not the one to downshift like an idiot (as you can see on youtube hotlap videos...)

ant1897
09-01-2016, 20:15
Yeah i can see this on engines with boost or turbo... The FRenault 3.5 doesn't have boost. Theres no reason this should be happening. All I can imagine is while shifting, the engine hits the limiter for a split second while the engine is inbetween gears... which shouldnt happen on a sequential gearbox. Doesnt happen on FA or FB cars....

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 20:17
Did you use auto clutch (i never use it)? just to see if that still happens.

ant1897
09-01-2016, 20:20
hmmm... i never touched that setting... i dont have a 3 pedal set... just brake and gas w my t300rs... never had this issue... going to give that a shot...

ant1897
09-01-2016, 20:41
Tried it. Still damages itself... Although the hitting the limiter between gears disappeared... but if you come to a complete stop you stall without auto clutch... i have clutch mapped to a button, along with ignition and engine start, so its not that much of an issue... but its useless since it wont stop the engine damage anyway. Thanks though..