PDA

View Full Version : Game Presses Buttons By Itself (Video Proof)

Liquid7394
09-01-2016, 23:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy6aYmDf6jc

At 0:02 the game pauses by itself, it also activates the lights and wipers by itself at the exact same time. At 6:14 the game actually went to the PS4 home screen by itself, you won't see that due to the video being captured via the share feature. But as you you can it yet again pauses and activates the lights and wipers by itself at the exact same time. It's happens pretty rarely, but it's extremely frustrating when it does happen.

Important notes:

The car driven is the GTE Aston.
Track is Catalunya GP.
Tyre wear is 'real'
I'm using a T300RS
Doesn't happen on Driveclub or The Crew

It's not the first time something like this has happened either. The video below is from 7 Aug 2015 and at the beginning it shows the game pausing, due to it bringing up the PS4 home screen, and telling me the controller was disconnected, even though it wasn't. As you can also see it flung me in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBl1VOfR4I

Pamellaaa
09-01-2016, 23:20
Seems like an odd one, do you play any other games with the same hardware, sounds like it could be a hardware issue with button presses being registered without user input.

Liquid7394
09-01-2016, 23:25
It has never happened on Driveclub or The Crew. It happens exclusively on Pcars, just like the grinding wheel bug.

wyldanimal
10-01-2016, 21:30
It's happened to me many times. but only with my T300RS.
never with the G29.

And it almost always happens when i was turning left..
I thought it was a defective wheel.
but it never happened on any other driving game. only on pCars.

So the Phantom button presses that leave you on the Pause screen, or with a disconnected controller
seem to only happen in pCars.

novcze
13-01-2016, 16:27
this is T300RS problem, I had two of them and both pressed buttons by itself, even in Driveclub (https://youtu.be/akLCU-BJltw) ... maybe Project Cars gets confused with inputs send to PS4 from the wheel and starts acting up

JonZ
13-01-2016, 16:31
Common problem to the T300RS it seems. Only I had it happened on Driveclub, and perhaps Splinter Cell on PS3 while it was still hooked on.

I have this problem too. However since I changed location (I was at my parents home during vacation, now at my homeplace) I did not have this problem occured since. It looks like everyone have this problem only have the Share/PS/Option buttons as far as it concern, and it is my case.

Out of curiousity, was there a wireless gamepad hooked to the console when it happened? I had a gamepad hooked, I had the impression that the gamepad made interferences to the wheel. Also which Firmware? (V25 in my case).

I am directly in contact with Thrustmaster (I work in the same place of a service center). I opened a ticket and bring my wheel to them, they told me to describe as much as possible the issue in order to fix them in a future firmware. Better grab this chance and try to look for a reproducible behavior that trigger the bug. I will see of what it return.

Liquid7394
13-01-2016, 17:03
this is T300RS problem, I had two of them and both pressed buttons by itself, even in Driveclub (https://youtu.be/akLCU-BJltw) ... maybe Project Cars gets confused with inputs send to PS4 from the wheel and starts acting up
Like I said, I have never had this issue in Driveclub, and I have played that game for over twice the amount of hours I have played Pcars yet I've experienced it several times in Pcars, so what I'm experiencing clearly isn't a T300 issue.

Out of curiousity, was there a wireless gamepad hooked to the console when it happened? I had a gamepad hooked, I had the impression that the gamepad made interferences to the wheel. Also which Firmware? (V25 in my case).Gamepad was not connected at all, and I always run the latest firmware.

JonZ
13-01-2016, 17:19
Is there a possibility to try before last firmware? Mine came with V24 but I upgraded to V25 as soon the wheel arrived. I will try to figure if the issue has been inducted with the latest firmware.

JonZ
04-02-2016, 15:50
It been a while but the problem never occurred once after I looked up this thread. I tried anyway to get in hold with Thrustmasters repair center personnel and they were never been able to replicate the problem. They suggested me to continue to use it and report any occurrence. He said the wheel could have been not properly screwed to the base. I have no memory if that was the case and it might be true since I removed the wheel from the base a couple of times.

KillerFox1978
04-02-2016, 17:06
I thought i was the only one who was having this issue i had started a post the other day which no has replied too.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44691-Random-double-shift-and-Button-Pressing

it is getting worse since i posted this other day it now changing brake bios at random and i have had to reconfigure my wheel so the look left and right are no long on the old buttons but since doing this it moved to others buttons oh and double gear changes up.

JonZ
04-02-2016, 17:15
maybe a similar problem related to detachable wheel since you mention a different brand of wheel (Fanatec). My problem occurred outside of pCARS too.

KillerFox1978
04-02-2016, 17:18
maybe a similar problem related to detachable wheel since you mention a different brand of wheel (Fanatec). My problem occurred outside of pCARS too.

never happens with other racing game Race room on the PC so this is game related on ps4.

oneBIGkicker
04-02-2016, 17:19
I had this issue with my TX. random buttons press, could go hours and not have it happen, then would start out of blue.
it did it on PC and Forza for me.
I ended up buying new Rim and no longer have the issue, I think my issue was a bad rim

KillerFox1978
04-02-2016, 17:25
I had this issue with my TX. random buttons press, could go hours and not have it happen, then would start out of blue.
it did it on PC and Forza for me.
I ended up buying new Rim and no longer have the issue, I think my issue was a bad rim

if my issue was happening on other games then i would agree but this really only happens on Pcars and since patch 7/8

oneBIGkicker
04-02-2016, 17:39
I feel your pain, I stopped playing cuz of this.
Wish I could help more,

Neil Bateman
04-02-2016, 18:08
Like I said, I have never had this issue in Driveclub, and I have played that game for over twice the amount of hours I have played Pcars yet I've experienced it several times in Pcars, so what I'm experiencing clearly isn't a T300 issue.

Gamepad was not connected at all, and I always run the latest firmware.

So if someone posted this happened to them in another racing game other than pcars, how do you come up with its not a T300 issue but only a pcars issue.

Just curious.

Sankyo
04-02-2016, 18:31
It may be that pCARS is more sensitive to this or maybe you're simply using different wheel inputs that with the other games (e.g. bigger steering movements), but the simple fact is that games do not generate random button presses by themselves. It is a hardware problem, no matter whether it happens only in one game.

KillerFox1978
04-02-2016, 19:17
It may be that pCARS is more sensitive to this or maybe you're simply using different wheel inputs that with the other games (e.g. bigger steering movements), but the simple fact is that games do not generate random button presses by themselves. It is a hardware problem, no matter whether it happens only in one game.

yeah i'm not so sure about this!!! it like saying this game doesn't have land mine/invisible wall bugs that smash peoples cars or that fact the game doesn't suffer from people wheels spinning all the way to the right or left for no reason. or like the fact the game doesn't suffer from loss of ffb in online races a lot. or the other wheel grinding vibration issues.

just look at the list of problems with this game on the forum, so yes i think this is game related and not hardware.

jgbden
04-02-2016, 19:22
I also posted this on the thread KillerFox referenced above:
I'm also having that problem with Fanatec CS V1 on a PC. Have only used Project Cars so far, but it looks like a hardware issue. It works great for a while, then all of a sudden it seems like there's some problem with the elec connection, buttons get pushed randomly and when I move the wheel the LED kind of dims and brightens. If I take the wheel off and put it back on the problem goes away, but inevitably comes back. Thinking I may have to get them to replace the wheel (Porsche 918 RSR) or even the CS V1.

Sankyo
04-02-2016, 20:02
yeah i'm not so sure about this!!! it like saying this game doesn't have land mine/invisible wall bugs that smash peoples cars or that fact the game doesn't suffer from people wheels spinning all the way to the right or left for no reason. or like the fact the game doesn't suffer from loss of ffb in online races a lot. or the other wheel grinding vibration issues.

just look at the list of problems with this game on the forum, so yes i think this is game related and not hardware.
The fact that there are other issues with the game does not mean that your issue is also caused by the game. That way I can prove you're a thief because there are PS4 owners out there who are thieves, too ;)

KillerFox1978
04-02-2016, 20:23
The fact that there are other issues with the game does not mean that your issue is also caused by the game. That way I can prove you're a thief because there are PS4 owners out there who are thieves, too ;)

Right okay just to prove a point this is a PS4 Pcars issue. I have just had a go on the pc version and not a single problem if you don't believe me go and find my time not a great time but just posted a 2:09:932 94 (killerfox) around bathhurst ford falcon. why when i play on ps4 i have all the problems with buttons. this not a hardware issue this is a ps4 project cars issue!

wyldanimal
04-02-2016, 21:22
Right okay just to prove a point this is a PS4 Pcars issue. I have just had a go on the pc version and not a single problem if you don't believe me go and find my time not a great time but just posted a 2:09:932 94 (killerfox) around bathhurst ford falcon. why when i play on ps4 i have all the problems with buttons. this not a hardware issue this is a ps4 project cars issue!

I support that is is a pCars Game issue on the PS4.
I've had it happen numerous times with my T300 and my G29. Random pause to option screen, Random PS button press..
I had report this a long time ago...

and the thing is, I never had it happen in drive club or GT6.
So for me, it seems only a pCars issue and not an issue with my Wheels.

No way of knowing if for some reason pCars is more sensitive to a wheel issue, and the other games aren't.
But based on my experience, i'd say it's game related and not Wheel related.

First post about it from me..
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25032-PS4-T300-Option-screen-pops-up-while-racing&p=910556&viewfull=1#post910556

edit: I should add that it only happens while in a turn. Never happens when going straight.
and I can say with almost 100% certainty, that I'm not accidentally hitting one of the buttons.

Liquid7394
04-02-2016, 21:38
It is a hardware problem, no matter whether it happens only in one game.
Prove it. All you ever do is go into threads and claim everything is a hardware issue. Pass this thread onto the devs or offer support, if you can't do either of those things then go away.

Sasquatch
04-02-2016, 21:40
I support this issue. I have had this happen, and recently. It's pretty seldom though. Doesn't happen when I use my T300 with Driveclub, WRC5, and The Crew so I do not think this is a Thrustmaster issue for sure.

But it just happened to me in the WEC career event on Road America. I have my headlights on the up-button on the d-pad, square for the wipers, it has pressed these on it's own, also happened while mid-turn. Both within' 10 minutes atleast.

In the past I had the occurrence of it pressing the share button mid-play - where it brings the share menu up. I changed the share settings to where you have to hold it to open the menu, "easy screenshots" I think it's called. It hasn't done it since. But it has taken some nice random screenshots now. :p

graveltrap
04-02-2016, 22:24
Are the share button and PS button something that the PS4 OS recognises rather than the game?

Liquid7394
04-02-2016, 23:04
OS. But the options, headlights and wipers are recognised by the game.

graveltrap
05-02-2016, 06:29
So the problem isn't purely game related then, another piece of software is picking up random presses as well.

I suffer as well btw, I suspect it is something fo do with flexing the wheel (forces being applied in response to the game by the user) either causing short circuit, or activating the buttons purely through movement, the only way to be sure would be to play with a button less wheel though...

SUBGTRACER
05-02-2016, 06:33
Check all the screws allen key bolts in your wheel , I believe it is flex in your wheel .

I was getting double down gear shifts and the screws in the back of the wheel were lose causing flex . T500

andycass
05-02-2016, 11:22
I used to get this loads until i assigned my buttons to a button box . I also suspect its the flexing of the wheel but can't be sure not tested the wheel on any other game.

Liquid7394
05-02-2016, 15:47
Never had this issue on Driveclub or The Crew, which I've put more hours into combined, yet I've had it multiple times in Pcars. All screws are as tight as possible. If it was wheel flex then I'd experience it in other games, which I don't.

Sampo
05-02-2016, 16:14
Perhaps it's the nature of PCars, that you hold the wheel more tightly than in other games. :)

novcze
05-02-2016, 17:47
As I wrote earlier in this thread, I had this problem in Driveclub too. To add more info, my first T300RS used to press various buttons, also R3 button on the wheel base, but big problem was PS button, which bring you into main PS4 user interface in middle of the game. It's a no go when you are racing online.
Because button on the base was also affected, I figured out that electronics in the wheel base is somehow defective. I changed the wheel base, rim is the same. As the result random button presses of PS button never occured again, but I had one square button press and my headlights are quite frequently and randomly switched on (which is up button on the d-pad, but I'm not sure if this is software bug in PCars).

Liquid7394
05-02-2016, 19:37
I should also mention that this bug is accompanied by a small thud from the FFB, like I've hit something.

Sankyo
05-02-2016, 20:17
I should also mention that this bug is accompanied by a small thud from the FFB, like I've hit something.
That's interesting. Could you check the in-game telemetry to see if the FFB monitor shows that thud?

wyldanimal
06-02-2016, 07:31
Perhaps it's the nature of PCars, that you hold the wheel more tightly than in other games. :)

As I wrote earlier in this thread, I had this problem in Driveclub too. To add more info, my first T300RS used to press various buttons, also R3 button on the wheel base, but big problem was PS button, which bring you into main PS4 user interface in middle of the game. It's a no go when you are racing online.
Because button on the base was also affected, I figured out that electronics in the wheel base is somehow defective. I changed the wheel base, rim is the same. As the result random button presses of PS button never occured again, but I had one square button press and my headlights are quite frequently and randomly switched on (which is up button on the d-pad, but I'm not sure if this is software bug in PCars).

I'd be more supportive of the T300 having issues, if not for the Fact
that it's happend on My T300 and my G29.

Sure, some users could have hardware / Wheel issues that result in the same Symptom.
But some of us, are pretty sure Our Wheel is not the Culprit.

It doesn't happen in any other title we play.
It's happened on different Wheels.

I haven't put the FFB thud and the button Press together, But I wasn't really waiting for it..
So I can't say for Certain, that I haven't experienced that.. Just I'm not aware that I had.

Still it's another one of the, Can't reproduce it on Demand, Can't fix it issues..

Ian Bell
06-02-2016, 09:15
I'm disappointed that no one has considered the possibility of a poltergeist.

Ian Bell
06-02-2016, 09:15
Joking aside, we've logged the responses guys and are looking into it now.

Mods, double confirm it's passed on please.

BanjoMaster
06-02-2016, 10:20
I'm disappointed that no one has considered the possibility of a poltergeist.

Surely Occam's Razor suggests that it is a poltergeist? Would certainly seem the most probable cause. Liquid, call a priest!

:D

Liquid7394
06-02-2016, 12:42
That's interesting. Could you check the in-game telemetry to see if the FFB monitor shows that thud?
That would require me always racing with the telemetry hud up since telemetry doesn't work during replays.

DragonSyr
06-02-2016, 12:53
A similar problem with game controller ...... its seems like the thumpstick up/down is stuck to up position no matter how deadzone you put...(happens only on menu gui, not while drive).

just reporting (from tests with my controllers) .. i use wheel to play

cornishbrooksy
06-02-2016, 14:01
Joking aside, we've logged the responses guys and are looking into it now.

Mods, double confirm it's passed on please.

Done

Sankyo
06-02-2016, 15:33
That would require me always racing with the telemetry hud up since telemetry doesn't work during replays.
How often does it happen?

falm
06-02-2016, 17:51
Do you use port replicators? Iˋll had all sort of issues with pcars when using a port replicator and my T300. Canˋt test with other games since pcars is the only racing game Iˋve played eextensivly on PS4.

Liquid7394
06-02-2016, 19:10
How often does it happen?
Unfortunately not often at all. If it happened really often then I'd race with telemetry hud on, but it could happen tomorrow, next week, next month etc.

Liquid7394
06-02-2016, 19:13
Do you use port replicators? Iˋll had all sort of issues with pcars when using a port replicator and my T300. Canˋt test with other games since pcars is the only racing game Iˋve played eextensivly on PS4.
I don't know exactly what that is but I'm assuming it's the same as a USB hub, in which case no I don't use any. My wheel is connected straight to the PS4.

Mr Schumacher
06-02-2016, 21:52
Off topic question. what's the possibility of Project Cars seeing the extension or completion of already existing tracks.. Road America for example has a few more layouts that would be nice to race. Also the numbering 24hr. Cant you guys just connect the track layouts? we don't obviously need every track to receive the expansions.. But maybe two or three of the iconic tracks, or fan requested tracks would be wonderful..

JohnSchoonsBeard
06-02-2016, 23:58
A similar problem with game controller ...... its seems like the thumpstick up/down is stuck to up position no matter how deadzone you put...(happens only on menu gui, not while drive).

just reporting (from tests with my controllers) .. i use wheel to play

I've had the same issue with the right up stick when using the DS4. However I would think the deadzone in settings is only relevant to the controller when driving. It is only apparent when viewing an area in the GUI that supports the right analogue stick (so when in pitbox menu where right stick is active for scrolling up and down the drivers names and at the end of a race). I haven't experienced this when driving. I would have noticed as I have up on the right analogue stick mapped to look up in game and it has never triggered in error. Maybe in that menu the game is overly sensitive when it doesn't need to be. If there's a slight fault with the up on the progressive analogue stick then it's triggering really easily and perhaps needs a small deadzone adding?

When using my wheel I've also had the up button on the TS300's d-pad trigger without a press in the game on PS4. Not in menus just when driving apparently randomly although only every so often. I have now mapped the pit in option to that button so it isn't catastrophic and the request can easily be cancelled. I'd assumed it was only down to the wheel. However when using the wheel on a Win7 PC with Game Stock Car Extreme I haven't had the same happen with that button. Maybe it could be related to the way the game on PS4 interfaces with the wheel?

I've added an unlisted youtube video of the menu/controller issue. I'm only pressing down here and there on the stick.

https://youtu.be/1aMTLGEZBVs

Random thought...... I wonder if any analogue stick fault or interface craziness was causing the excessive front tyre heating for many controller users in version 6.0?

wyldanimal
07-02-2016, 02:38

My Wheel is always plugged in Direct to the PS4, I use a USB hub for the other Devices, but the Wheel is connected direct.

justonce68
08-02-2016, 08:56
I have had this problem on my TX 458 wheel, happens occasionally, but once it starts it reoccurs until I remove the steering wheel from the base and reattach.

VR-42
14-02-2016, 13:54
its a game bug has been there since last patch