PDA

View Full Version : Adjust brightness for cockpit/helmet view?

bradleyland
09-01-2016, 23:04
I've read people mention using "exposure" adjustment to resolve issues with the blown out brightness from some cars' cockpit views (Vantage GTE anyone?). I can't find this setting anywhere though. Any tips?

Tbolt47
10-01-2016, 07:34
It's under the Graphics FX heading in the menu. I set mine at 0.6. The highlight problem is caused by the view being made to change exposure like a camera, which means if you have a lot of dark in the view it will make it too bright. It can partly be got over by moving the seat forward and/or narrowing the field of view.

I hope they are going to do it slightly different in PC2, as our eyes have a lot higher dynamic range than a camera so its not a realistic way to simulate what you would see in real life.

seb02
10-01-2016, 08:18
I've read people mention using "exposure" adjustment to resolve issues with the blown out brightness from some cars' cockpit views (Vantage GTE anyone?). I can't find this setting anywhere though. Any tips?

Yes, there is a issue with vantage gte for cockpit view. I have already noticed on this forum.

bradleyland
10-01-2016, 16:01
It's under the Graphics FX heading in the menu. I set mine at 0.6. The highlight problem is caused by the view being made to change exposure like a camera, which means if you have a lot of dark in the view it will make it too bright. It can partly be got over by moving the seat forward and/or narrowing the field of view.

I hope they are going to do it slightly different in PC2, as our eyes have a lot higher dynamic range than a camera so its not a realistic way to simulate what you would see in real life.

Ah, that makes sense of a lot of the discussion I've read online. Thanks for the location tip!