PDA

View Full Version : Too bad no one races like we used to in Gran Turismo 6

biggbaddwolf
10-01-2016, 13:56
We raced clean, and hard. At least as clean as can be, sure there were "racing incidents" from time to time, but that is to be expected. You could use all the assists if you wanted, or none at all, your choice. Anyone who purposely disrupted the race was dealt with by the host, which meant getting booted from the room for 24 hours. Most clubs today for PCars have all their rules, and restrictions!!:rolleyes: I guess they think they have to be bigshots, with all their rules and BS. Sometimes I wish I had kept my PS3, and Grand Turismo 6. We had more fun than I have ever had so far in PCars :(

BigDad
10-01-2016, 21:53
You can buy my ps3 and GT6 if you want .

biggbaddwolf
10-01-2016, 23:05
You can buy my ps3 and GT6 if you want .
You could donate it to me, shipping included...hahahaha

gotdirt410sprintcar
11-01-2016, 02:04
Find a clean group to race with W R R C on gtplanet good clean drivers or apex racing find all info on gtplanet. But about clean racing and if your clean and you know in a public lobby the best thing to do is let the dive bombing happen but dont take no part in it then drive on by works for me. I always gain five spots or more in first corner just because to many hero's pretty easy

Liquid7394
11-01-2016, 11:42
What's the point of this thread?

diesel97
11-01-2016, 13:02
What's the point of this thread?

Since when does a thread need a point ? And if it did have a point it would be lost in 5 post any ways

BigDad
11-01-2016, 13:10
Point is to talk bout PS VR Isn't it.

redruMKO
11-01-2016, 13:17
Since when does a thread need a point ? And if it did have a point it would be lost in 5 post any ways

There is a point.

If you like shooting at humans with guns, you have many options of intense, well-oiled online gaming experiences.

If you like driving cars there has never been an equivalent experience.

GT6 came closest. But players doing that still spent 7O% of their time in lobbies and loading. In a murder-game the loading is closer to 1%, and the murdering about 99%.

biggbaddwolf
11-01-2016, 14:25
Games about shooting people suck...Never played them, never will!!!

Pamellaaa
11-01-2016, 14:31
GT6 came closest. But players doing that still spent 7O% of their time in lobbies and loading. In a murder-game the loading is closer to 1%, and the murdering about 99%.

My memory of GT6 is significantly different, horrible amount of netcode bugs (some people being invisible to one another but still being able to collide being my favourite), frustrating and very limited UI and a huge percentage of organised league races having to be restarted multiple times or even abandoned altogether due to issues getting people synced up on track. I haven't turned it on since Project Cars came out. Project Cars is not without its faults but it is a more reliable and fully featured online platform in my opinion.

RobMUFC1987
11-01-2016, 16:00
My memory of GT6 is significantly different, horrible amount of netcode bugs (some people being invisible to one another but still being able to collide being my favourite), frustrating and very limited UI and a huge percentage of organised league races having to be restarted multiple times or even abandoned altogether due to issues getting people synced up on track. I haven't turned it on since Project Cars came out. Project Cars is not without its faults but it is a more reliable and fully featured online platform in my opinion.

This is why GT6 failed in my eyes. No idea what they did because GT5 was amazing online

biggbaddwolf
12-01-2016, 02:49
I think PCars COULD be fun with the right people, but last I knew the host can't even kick troublemakers. You can only VOTE to have them removed, and then I guess a certain amount of other people have to vote to kick them too!! The guys I raced with on GT6 don't seem interested in switching to PCars. Not sure what they will do when the shut down the servers like they did on GT5.

gotdirt410sprintcar
12-01-2016, 02:51
you can kick now

cunningham85
12-01-2016, 02:59
I always drive clean and never quit a race even if im turned around in the first corner. In over 300 online races ive only had 1 DNF due to a connection issue. Average qualifying position 4th same with race. Nothing worse than starting a race to be taken out then you make your way up the grid for then the people behind just giving up. That's my pet hate.

Pamellaaa
12-01-2016, 07:06
I think PCars COULD be fun with the right people, but last I knew the host can't even kick troublemakers. You can only VOTE to have them removed, and then I guess a certain amount of other people have to vote to kick them too!! The guys I raced with on GT6 don't seem interested in switching to PCars. Not sure what they will do when the shut down the servers like they did on GT5.

Yeah, I haven't ever done open online on either game, I always find (or work as part of) a community that gives clean racing.

rams1de
12-01-2016, 07:38
Poor choice of thread title. Loads of good, clean racers have made the switch from GT6 to PCars. If your problem is finding them, take a browse in the multiplayer section.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
12-01-2016, 07:55
I've had some brilliant race sessions on project cars the key is to find a qroup of clean racers that don't leave every race unless they are in p1.

biggbaddwolf
12-01-2016, 14:12
Poor choice of thread title. Loads of good, clean racers have made the switch from GT6 to PCars. If your problem is finding them, take a browse in the multiplayer section.

I have tried multiplayer, including hosting my own rooms. Most of the people I have raced with get all butt hurt if they aren't winning, and will drop out of the race. I guess since it is just a game they think that is ok. No one has the balls to hang in the race even if they aren't winning!

Fight-Test
12-01-2016, 15:59
That's why we keep telling you to find a group of guys to race with. A group with a good set of rules that keep the unskilled, undedicated away. Tons of good ps4 groups to race with. Tjger endurance, vroom, precision racing, polyphony, seetheair.com just to name a few good ones with clean racers. Public lobbies that aren't set up to more strict rules won't be joined by many competitive players. I mostly race gt3 and there's lots of those rooms but over the weekend I was testing tires on all the lmps and alot of guys joined my room. Real damage, mechanical failures on, real assists, real tire wear will all bring in more serious racers to a room. If u run with all this off u will get new guys, rammers etc. It's not hard to find a good group of guys to race with, but if u approach like gt or forza you might not have as much luck.

bradleyland
12-01-2016, 16:36
I've only been racing online since LFS S1, but nothing you've described is unique to PCars. I've seen it in every racing community. When you're in the "pub" servers, you're going to get jack-assery. Like Flight-Test said, racing is social. You either build a network of people to race with, or you learn to tolerate the idiots.

JohnSchoonsBeard
12-01-2016, 16:47
CRAP pCARS that I run on GTPlanet is a good bunch of people to race with. Sure we have 10 rules, but some people need some form of guidance so they know what's expected and everyone hopefully enjoys themselves. We also expect people to drive with a smile on their faces and won't tolerate rude behaviour between members. They're all fairly simple (the rules/guidelines, not the people) and have remained mostly unchanged since GT5 where the group started. We're generally a welcoming lot to new members who can show they want to try to race cleanly (we also understand mistakes happen).

We have had races running practically every night of every week since launch. We run in private rooms 99% of time and have close to full rooms most of the time. Our races range from nixed nights of sprint races to Endurance races and all sorts of championships in between. I'll send you the address if you can't find us on GTPlanet.

biggbaddwolf
12-01-2016, 18:54
That's why we keep telling you to find a group of guys to race with. A group with a good set of rules that keep the unskilled, undedicated away. Tons of good ps4 groups to race with. Tjger endurance, vroom, precision racing, polyphony, seetheair.com just to name a few good ones with clean racers. Public lobbies that aren't set up to more strict rules won't be joined by many competitive players. I mostly race gt3 and there's lots of those rooms but over the weekend I was testing tires on all the lmps and alot of guys joined my room. Real damage, mechanical failures on, real assists, real tire wear will all bring in more serious racers to a room. If u run with all this off u will get new guys, rammers etc. It's not hard to find a good group of guys to race with, but if u approach like gt or forza you might not have as much luck.
I don't think there need to be a bunch of rules to have fun. So here is the kinda group I like to run with..All assists are available, whether you choose to use them is up to you. Some I use, some I don't, but I like to have the option to use them if I wish. I really don't like damage, or mechanical failure, sure it is a part of real life, this is just a game. I like NORMAL tire wear, and fuel usage, not accelerated where I have to pit every other lap for fuel and tires, but that is just how I like it, and everyone has a right to their own likes, and opinions :D For the most part I just enjoy doing solo races, and career mode :D

RobMUFC1987
12-01-2016, 19:41
Sounds like you want Shuffle Races from GT

biggbaddwolf
12-01-2016, 20:46
Sounds like you want Shuffle Races from GT
Actually no, I hated the shuffle races..Not sure what is so hard to understand about just getting together, having fun, and some good races without this restriction or that restriction.

diesel97
12-01-2016, 21:43
Actually no, I hated the shuffle races..Not sure what is so hard to understand about just getting together, having fun, and some good races without this restriction or that restriction.

I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time finding a group of racers ? You seem so easy going and flexable.

Liquid7394
13-01-2016, 14:35
A group I race with host something called the Cojones Cup. We have a selection of track & car combos and 1 is randomly selected shortly before the race starts, we all get 15 mins practice so no one really has time to create record breaking setups. Damage is visual only, tyre wear and fuel are set to real, but we use real assists so if a car has them you can use them. You can check out the full details below if you're interested, it mainly an event just for fun but of course ramming and stuff isn't accepted.

http://apexstalkers.enjin.com/forum/page/1/m/18025943/viewthread/25264134-cojones-cup-new-improved-every-wednesday-at-2000-gmt