PDA

View Full Version : Is Project Cars "feature" complete?

Pages : [1] 2

nhraracer
10-01-2016, 14:25
Just wondering because i thought i remembered seeing "coming soon" in the ui screen. Not bothered...just wondering.

Neil Bateman
10-01-2016, 14:31
Coming soon was dropped a while ago, just a few patches and dlc to come as that would be almost a year of support.

Its obvious there has been a shift in focus to pcars2 going by the small amount of fixes in patch 7.

Liquid7394
10-01-2016, 14:58
No. Pit crews are still missing.

bporion
10-01-2016, 15:10
There will be no pit crews in Pcars 1

Vit7
10-01-2016, 17:53
https://www.instagram.com/p/BARfX6CzBip/

McKiernan
10-01-2016, 18:03

Unfortunately that pic is just a teaser of the new Ford Falcon V8, the guy in the pits is the same guy that's been there all along. There won't be animated pit crews

rauf0
10-01-2016, 18:10
Im interested too, should we look forward for anything or next step is pC2?

cmch15
10-01-2016, 18:35
Although it does look that way, I would wait on an official announcement regards pitcrew. I thought it was interesting the car controller was included in the V8 tease picture and did set off some speculation on whether its a hint they're coming but just as easily a coincidence. Ian didn't seem too optimistic in his QA thread before Christmas, however it was not a definate "No".... yet. :)

Patch wise, I think the small fixes in 7.0 is more related to the short turn around to get it out and DLC released on 22nd Dec. There are still the glitched pits in the classic pack and the pitstops when "force default setups" is enabled that I think should be fixed as they are quite obvious.

When I bought the game I bought it for what was on day 1, so the continued bugfixes and dlc support was a pleasant surprise as to the scale of the project and from a relatively small team. Clearly they have found some limitations that aren't allowing them to implement things they would like to but I am quite happy with it and is the only game I have on PS4.

Edit: Based on previous experiences of 1 or 2 things patched and then abandoned. I'm looking at you Codemasters F1 201x series.

CreamyDischarge
10-01-2016, 18:39
Coming soon was dropped a while ago, just a few patches and dlc to come as that would be almost a year of support.

Its obvious there has been a shift in focus to pcars2 going by the small amount of fixes in patch 7.

7 months support != nearly a year ;) just over half a year by the skin of its teeth, imo...

And no fixes for some bugs, no pit crews, no optimisation = :(

cmch15
10-01-2016, 18:41
Ian said 4 months, by then it will be a year... Might be 1 month short depending on where you count from :)

CreamyDischarge
10-01-2016, 18:46
Ian said 4 months, by then it will be a year :)

Yes, of DLC but NOT features, fixes, optimisation etc etc etc...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
10-01-2016, 18:52
DLC has always been coupled together with updates, fixes and optimizations thus far though, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't continue to be so. The amount of fixes might go down a bit.

cmch15
10-01-2016, 18:55
Can't remember exactly but I think after the 3.0 they started adding features, the rain effects, force default setups, to name a couple. Some of the features don't apply to everybody, Occulus for example.

Fixes have become less as the number of issues has reduced. Arguably there were more things that needed fixing than there should have been.

frankonia12
10-01-2016, 19:03
I bought the sim from the early stage on. But now I'm really dissapointed. There are some things which were never implemented. Even the new DLC stuff doesn't bother me anymore. They release different cars but you can't make a season out of it with more different layers for a real season. It's all fantasy names. They were talking about Le Mans or Indianapolis mods. As a customer you're told, just buy the next version. I'm glad I didn't sign for project Cars 2. There are a lot more sims on the market that are more race orientated.

Neil Bateman
10-01-2016, 20:26
7 months support != nearly a year ;) just over half a year by the skin of its teeth, imo...

And no fixes for some bugs, no pit crews, no optimisation = :(

I said a few patches and dlc, based on one per month and a few meaning 3 maybe 5 patches that will be a year, read a little slower and you might understand what people are saying.

Gherkin44
10-01-2016, 21:51

There is still a coming soon section in the career mode. It spans the whole width of the tier groups, so not sure if it's just a placeholder or they're adding a whole racing discipline. If it's oval racing they would have to add a fair few tracks and cars for it to span tiers 1-8.

Sasquatch
10-01-2016, 22:24
Unfortunately that pic is just a teaser of the new Ford Falcon V8, the guy in the pits is the same guy that's been there all along. There won't be animated pit crews
Yep. He's always there.

http://i.imgur.com/PrYNZuZ.jpg

bporion
10-01-2016, 23:45
Yep. He's always there.

http://i.imgur.com/PrYNZuZ.jpg

I just don't understand why he is always doing a little dance in front of the car :-)

Roger Prynne
11-01-2016, 09:58
Because he's happy :)

mr_belowski
11-01-2016, 10:11
Needs a wee

Joethe147
12-01-2016, 21:47
Were formation laps ever supposed to come? I'm sure I remember reading around release time that they were but could be wrong.

Bit surprised there's been no Indycar stuff either considering the Indy 500 licence was got.

leon1772
13-01-2016, 06:00
Hello,

May I write because I see information such as what it will still be there 4 DLC (no problem for me) and and a few bug fixes and then pcars will be over. I am surprised by this last point because besides the bugs, which is the livery editor? When can we make a monotype race with our own delivered in the multiplayer mode (which would be very useful if team championship.) Where are past the mechanics in the pits (which were present in the BETA). For me the game is not finished, and I would like to know whether SMS will carry the points mentioned above.
I find it a shame because the game is great (immersive, beautiful, fun to play except for the managements of tires and some bugs in multiplayer).

Best regards.
Ludovic.

SUBGTRACER
13-01-2016, 06:16
I would believe you are correct in your assumption that the game is finished apart from minor bug fixes and remaining dlc.

From what I saw in the forum just recently you would be correct .

I to fealty like you do and was extreamly disappointed in hearing these things hoping the support would perhaps extend beyond the above but I guess they have chose to finish at some point . :(

I was hoping this title would have had ongoing support for a couple of years but they are building a upgraded engine for the next title and I will be keen to see what extras they can add and what can be improved apon the first time out for slightly mad.

Looking forward to pcars 2 , when ? Soon :)

Invincible
13-01-2016, 06:20
I would just like to add, that Ian said the DLC support will end in 4 or 5ish months. But he hasn't said anything about the patch support. I think that patches will get fewer, not on a monthly basis as we have now, but it will continue for maybe another 2 or 3 patches.

lokpes
13-01-2016, 06:55
I think I saw Ian saying that will not be add any new feature at the game.

leon1772
13-01-2016, 07:30
No problem with the patch and DLC, but what made me want to project that is beginning (I am a member since 2012) is the idea of personalization of the helmet, to make his own delivered for each car, to see the animation mechanics in the pits (there was also dynamic weather that is also managed by very against), but I see none of this while the game was released 9 months since offcially .

balderz002
13-01-2016, 07:39
I would just like to add, that Ian said the DLC support will end in 4 or 5ish months. But he hasn't said anything about the patch support. I think that patches will get fewer, not on a monthly basis as we have now, but it will continue for maybe another 2 or 3 patches.

I think it was '4 months from December'. Not sure if that means December is the first of the 4 months, or if the 4 months starts after December - as in January is the first of the remaining 4.

Marrrfooo
13-01-2016, 08:08
I think it was '4 months from December'. Not sure if that means December is the first of the 4 months, or if the 4 months starts after December - as in January is the first of the remaining 4.

The current PCARS DLC roadmap runs till April/May 2016.

leon1772
13-01-2016, 08:48
Ok for DLC but this is not the subject, I'd like to know if in the future there will patch animation mechanics in the pits (as in BETA) the custom livery online, so we can custom helmet . If an SMS member could spend there.

KkDrummer
13-01-2016, 08:57
Ok for DLC but this is not the subject, I'd like to know if in the future there will patch animation mechanics in the pits (as in BETA) the custom livery online, so we can custom helmet . If an SMS member could spend there.

Unlikely to happen...I think the only news would be oval racing, TBC though...

Shinzah
13-01-2016, 09:01

No, afaik pit crews were abandoned because it was just too time consuming and complex to make them work in the game properly.
No, a livery editor was never specifically promised and was not delivered.
No, Helmet and Suit skinning stopped late in the development when things were finalized. SMS could probably bring them back, maybe but I highly doubt it.

There are relevant posts from Ian and others that I'm too lazy to link to at 3am, but maybe someone helpful can provide.

Invincible
13-01-2016, 09:10
No, afaik pit crews were abandoned because it was just too time consuming and complex to make them work in the game properly.
No, a livery editor was never specifically promised and was not delivered.
No, Helmet and Suit skinning stopped late in the development when things were finalized. SMS could probably bring them back, maybe but I highly doubt it.

There are relevant posts from Ian and others that I'm too lazy to link to at 3am, but maybe someone helpful can provide.

I can second that. These were the informations I've had too.
Regarding the pitcrews - afaik they were canceled because SMS underestimated the amount of work needed to make them work for every single car and track combination, as nearly every car would've needed a different animation.

leon1772
13-01-2016, 09:16
No good news you announce me. I really hope that the custom livery online will be in PCARS then it is in A.CORSA why it would not be in PCARS.

Shinzah
13-01-2016, 09:25
No good news you announce me. I really hope that the custom livery online will be in PCARS then it is in A.CORSA why it would not be in PCARS.

Because if Pcars was Assetto Corsa, it'd have the worlds worst racing game singleplayer experience, but hey MP liveries and such! ;)

Partially a joke, but still. This isn't another game. It's a game with several months post-release. I wouldn't expect new features to start appearing in the product at this point. Pcars2? Maybe livery editor and fancy things, I don't know.

havocc
13-01-2016, 09:44
Custom liveries online require control from SMS because you know ppl could use offending images as livery

theothermexico
13-01-2016, 09:46
Custom liveries online require control from SMS because you know ppl could use offending images as livery

If anyone needs proof of that, jump online on forza

13-01-2016, 12:14
Because if Pcars was Assetto Corsa, it'd have the worlds worst racing game singleplayer experience, but hey MP liveries and such! ;)Nah, iRacing has a worse singleplayer experience. =)

Liquid7394
13-01-2016, 13:12
Regarding the pitcrews - afaik they were canceled because SMS underestimated the amount of work needed to make them work for every single car and track combination, as nearly every car would've needed a different animation.
Is this a joke?

Invincible
13-01-2016, 13:17
Is this a joke?

Unfortunately not. It isn't definitely cancelled yet, but I really doubt it will come.

See Ian's answer on this topic:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here&p=1198798&viewfull=1#post1198798

frankonia12
13-01-2016, 13:38
This thread has the right title. Pcars finished?
Well it is finished, there's is no doubt about. Maybe a couple of the DLC's which are useless.
They all head now over to PCars 2, telling you, all the features which we didn't get might be in PCars2 or PCars3 or .......
I think I should write a big report to a german game magazin to tell them how SMS treads customers.

Invincible
13-01-2016, 13:41
Cry me a river...

Nothing else than "I'm gonna tell my mom!" back in school days...

cluck
13-01-2016, 13:44
Well it is finished, there's is no doubt about. Maybe a couple of the DLC's which are useless.
They all head now over to PCars 2, telling you, all the features which we didn't get might be in PCars2 or PCars3 or .......
I think I should write a big report to a german game magazin to tell them how SMS treads customers.Go for it, I'll write a letter to a UK magazine praising SMS for what they were able to deliver.

And guess what. People will moan, in 3 years time, about stuff missing in pCARS2 and saying "maybe pCARS3" and so on and on and on. The day a driving game has everything that everybody wants, and works bug free for everybody on every platform, that will be the day I win $2B on the lottery*.

As for "DLCs which are useless", they're only useless if you are expecting more of them. They are exactly what they are, extra cars and extra tracks.

* ie, never, I'm in the UK, so I would only ever win the lottery in GBP

leon1772
13-01-2016, 13:53
What I do not understand is why do PCARS 2 with a supposedly new features while PCARS 1 is not finished, let me explain, animation mechanics in the pits requires a lot of work, no problem instead of working on PCARS 2, work on the animation and management of the stands. Custom livery online skinneur many expect it to be applicable to work on this, PCARS 2 can wait another year. While it's true I do not know the video game industry, but I hoped that SMS does not release a new PCARS every 2 years just to economic reasons.

Invincible
13-01-2016, 14:05
What I do not understand is why do PCARS 2 with a supposedly new features while PCARS 1 is not finished, let me explain, animation mechanics in the pits requires a lot of work, no problem instead of working on PCARS 2, work on the animation and management of the stands. Custom livery online skinneur many expect it to be applicable to work on this, PCARS 2 can wait another year. While it's true I do not know the video game industry, but I hoped that SMS does not release a new PCARS every 2 years just to economic reasons.

While I partly understand your frustration, the custom livery online skinner got suspended in late development already, a few months prior to release.
Even though Project Cars 2 might well be another 3 years away, you're asking SMS to start working again for a year! on features which will bring them no financial return at all. Even if they would have the financial ressources to do so (which I doubt), it would be suicidal from any economic point of view.

SMS did want to make many things different than the majority of publishers, that's why the've gone the WMD-Road, but they cannot ignore the rules of the financial market and still expect to survive.

frankonia12
13-01-2016, 14:06
Cry me a river...

Nothing else than "I'm gonna tell my mom!" back in school days...

Can't really do much with a comment of a blind follower.

cluck
13-01-2016, 14:09
Can't really do much with a comment of a blind follower.Does it not occur to you that some people (in fact, probably quite a lot of people) are just plain happy with the game? People like me in fact. I guess I'm not upset, like some folk, because I didn't have any expectations or specific 'wants' from the game during development :).

EDIT : apparently, being independently minded and actually enjoying something makes me "ignorant" :rolleyes:. You'd better apologise to the mods for the video I sent them when I reported your post. You know who you are.

Invincible
13-01-2016, 14:12
Can't really do much with a comment of a blind follower.

Well, if you think I'm a blind follower, you're wrong. I am also gutted that the pitcrew animations probably wont make it, along with other features. But I understand that SMS has to come out with a positive return on invest at the end of the day, so they really need to draw a line when to stop.

cluck
13-01-2016, 14:14
Well, if you think I'm a blind follower, you're wrong. I am also gutted that the pitcrew animations probably wont make it, along with other features. But I understand that SMS has to come out with a positive return on invest at the end of the day, so they really need to draw a line when to stop.And likewise, although I am upset that it isn't looking likely that they will make it into the game, their lack of presence is in absolutely no way lowering my enjoyment of the game whatsoever. They would just be another lovely layer on a cake that is already absolutely delicious :).

Mad Al
13-01-2016, 14:20

How odd, a WMD member and knows nothing of the industry, wonder how that could have happened ?

SlowBloke
13-01-2016, 14:22
mmm Cake.. It's so delicious and moist :)

Thomas Sikora
13-01-2016, 14:23
Unfortunately not. It isn't definitely cancelled yet, but I really doubt it will come.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here&p=1198798&viewfull=1#post1198798

Its ok,
first the pits must work, e.g. server force default setup and you get sometimes wettires in dry condition.
A pitstop animation is for me an unnecessary "blink blink" and waste of time. The priority has to be to correct the last open bugs and not to implement any additional accessory, hope that sms did it this way...

cluck
13-01-2016, 14:58
mmm Cake.. It's so delicious and moist :)Sounds like coleslaw.

Oh yes I did, I went there. I said it.

(mods : feel free to delete this post)

bporion
13-01-2016, 15:01
Pit stop animation bring nothing to the game to racing itself , lets get more patches fixing the important things and DLC's whit more tracks and I will be a happy customer .

Konan
13-01-2016, 15:56

I'm surprised some people still don't know about this...i think i posted this link about three times allready in as many different threads....
Just a simple search could provide all the answers allready given in this thread...just saying...:cool:

Konan
13-01-2016, 16:12
Does it not occur to you that some people (in fact, probably quite a lot of people) are just plain happy with the game? People like me in fact. I guess I'm not upset, like some folk, because I didn't have any expectations or specific 'wants' from the game during development :).

EDIT : apparently, being independently minded and actually enjoying something makes me "ignorant" :rolleyes:. You'd better apologise to the mods for the video I sent them when I reported your post. You know who you are.

I must admit i was upset too about the cancelled features but that was mostly because there was no communication about them...
But then Ian came online and was brave enough to deliver the bad news...still admire him for that...he didn't have to and it would be a lot easier for him not to and yet he did...
After that my frustration changed into disappointment which imo is understandable and so did a lot of people but the explanation was clear and motivated and a lot of us have moved on since then...
As you say,it's still a heck of a game dispite the missing features...

Konan
13-01-2016, 16:15
Sounds like coleslaw.

Oh yes I did, I went there. I said it.

(mods : feel free to delete this post)

OMG...we have a coleslaw addict in da house...lol

CHEN255
13-01-2016, 18:50
Its ok,
first the pits must work, e.g. server force default setup and you get sometimes wettires in dry condition.
A pitstop animation is for me an unnecessary "blink blink" and waste of time. The priority has to be to correct the last open bugs and not to implement any additional accessory, hope that sms did it this way...
The most important thing for me is bug fixes from here on out. There are still far too many, but I'm not hopeful they will be sorted out. It's a great game still, but often we have to adjust the game in such a way that it sidesteps the bugs, rather than just playing it and having it work the way it should. i.e. I tried to race with a full grid of AI at Sakkito Sprint the other day, but everything ran in slow motion so I had to adjust the grid to a lesser size so it could run properly. Replays are still a mess too.
I'm glad the game came to consoles though, it proved there are plenty of us wanting a more sim like experience and opens the door for more. Assetto Corsa is not too far away now, though because of my experience with PCars I will never preorder again, rather wait a week till after release to see what the beta testers, I mean early adopters, find regarding bugs etc.

Konan
13-01-2016, 18:54
The most important thing for me is bug fixes from here on out. There are still far too many, but I'm not hopeful they will be sorted out. It's a great game still, but often we have to adjust the game in such a way that it sidesteps the bugs, rather than just playing it and having it work the way it should. i.e. I tried to race with a full grid of AI at Sakkito Sprint the other day, but everything ran in slow motion so I had to adjust the grid to a lesser size so it could run properly. Replays are still a mess too.
I'm glad the game came to consoles though, it proved there are plenty of us wanting a more sim like experience and opens the door for more. Assetto Corsa is not too far away now, though because of my experience with PCars I will never preorder again, rather wait a week till after release to see what the beta testers, I mean early adopters, find regarding bugs etc.

Ian said bugfixes are still a priority so they WILL still be worked on...

jack1984
13-01-2016, 19:33

True, but common sense says that only a part of the bugs will be fixed (assuming the game will be supported for another 4 months). I mean, I saw videos on youtube where it was shown that bugs from the beta phase were still present in retail version...

Konan
13-01-2016, 19:47
True, but common sense says that only a part of the bugs will be fixed (assuming the game will be supported for another 4 months). I mean, I saw videos on youtube where it was shown that bugs from the beta phase were still present in retail version...

I agree that there's a lot of work to be done but it's still 4 months so look at the glass half full instead off half empty....
I'm sure some bugs are more difficult to resolve than others so you should at least give them the benefit of the doubt...
Common sense tells me that if they don't do everything to address these issues they will lose a lot of buyers for the sequel...that's thinking out of a business point of view as i'm certain they do...

jack1984
13-01-2016, 20:00
I agree that there's a lot of work to be done but it's still 4 months so look at the glass half full instead off half empty....
I'm sure some bugs are more difficult to resolve than others so you should at least give them the benefit of the doubt...
Common sense tells me that if they don't do everything to address these issues they will lose a lot of buyers for the sequel...that's thinking out of a business point of view as i'm certain they do...

I really hope you are right of course, but giving the benefit of the doubt is quite hard if you purely look at the development of PCars. The game is released in may 2015 and even new issues are introduced with each new patch. Furthermore, it was said that some features will be introduced after the release, such as ovals, animated pit stops, proper triple screen support and custom championships. We all saw what happened...

Konan
13-01-2016, 20:15
I really hope you are right of course, but giving the benefit of the doubt is quite hard if you purely look at the development of PCars. The game is released in may 2015 and even new issues are introduced with each new patch. Furthermore, it was said that some features will be introduced after the release, such as ovals, animated pit stops, proper triple screen support and custom championships. We all saw what happened...

The release of the game was a business decision as well as a "forced" one imo.
They had to make money on one side and couldn't further disappoint people with another delay on the other side...
The features you talk about being cancelled was a disappointment indeed but the reasons why were given and for me those reasons are legit and I understand why they can't/won't implement them...
Besides...the ovals aren't cancelled (could be implemented online only) and neither are the animated pitstops (officially)
On top of that,if the WOOKIE himself said that bugfixes are a priority,i feel confident they are...

bporion
13-01-2016, 20:17

I think in Pcars they wanted to do everything they said but they bit off more than they could chew , a valuable lesson learned but a little too late to fix everything now . I was part of Pcars 2 ( couple of days I think ) but opted out , I will wait for the game to come out before buying it . Don't get me wrong I really enjoy Pcars 1 but ...

Konan
13-01-2016, 20:28
I think in Pcars they wanted to do everything they said but they bit off more than they could chew , a valuable lesson learned but a little too late to fix everything now . I was part of Pcars 2 ( couple of days I think ) but opted out , I will wait for the game to come out before buying it . Don't get me wrong I really enjoy Pcars 1 but ...

You are right...they allready admitted that...they wanted all those things in the game but realised (maybe too late) that they couldn't possibly implement all of them.
Just take in account that this is a small team which is trying to change the process of producing a game and involve the community...so far i think they succeeded in that and if they continue like this they will become one of the leading companies in their field (if they aren't allready)
Just my 2 cents...

Mahjik
13-01-2016, 20:37
Every software development team shoots higher than the business will allow. It's the nature of software developers. Unfortunately, there are financial concerns if something stays in development for too long (i.e. it misses the window of being able to recoup development costs).

Shinzah
13-01-2016, 20:39
To be fair, a lot of the things that people said would come didn't come from SMS but from the WMD communities faith in those features.

Only a few times has any SMS employee or Ian directly stated something to be taken back. A lot of it was "We intend to do this" and then "Well, we can't after all." But SMS has always been open with the community which is more than any other developer really provides outside of the indie scene. They were willing to take risks and *try* and tell us they're trying rather than to tell us either nothing at all, or to tell us some placating "we don't know" or whatever.

Sure they took off a too big bite for them to chew, but...how many studios are willing to do that? I mean this was a project built on crowdfunding before crowdfunding was a super megasuccess. What is this industry even without visionaries?

Should we all wait for the same iterations of Codemasters and EA style crap year after year?

I'll take breaking a few eggs and disappointing a few people. ^^;;

13-01-2016, 20:42
Yeah, a lot of the stuff (not all, but a lot) was only known due to the open way the game was developed, where you could hear about every little wish that the devs hoped they could get a chance to do, instead of normal game development where you only get to hear ones they're pretty dang certain they will manage.

jack1984
13-01-2016, 20:51
You are right...they allready admitted that...they wanted all those things in the game but realised (maybe too late) that they couldn't possibly implement all of them.
Just take in account that this is a small team which is trying to change the process of producing a game and involve the community...so far i think they succeeded in that and if they continue like this they will become one of the leading companies in their field (if they aren't allready)
Just my 2 cents...

But if your are relatively small team with a relatively small budget, you should act wisely and not create expectations with the risk that you cannot deliver. I did not happen once, it happened multiple times. Maybe then you should think as a company about your way of communication and project planning and that you should not make bold statements that feature x, y or z will be implemented after the release. It creates disappointment and distrust within your customer base.

And you think SMS will be more cautious for PCars 2, but to the contrary. For every single feature that did not make PCars 1 (or is not well implemented) it will be included in PCars 2 and will be better than ever...they say. Again, creating expectations...but hey, if they can deliver I will surely be playing PCars 2. :)

Invincible
13-01-2016, 20:54
@Jussi and Shinz: second that.
Many things were never said to be featured by SMS themselves, but by fellow WMD members who wanted a feature so badly and spread the word to the public, so this feature became "officially announced" to public conception after a certain time.

That's why we've already seen people getting mad at SMS for features being cancelled, which never were advertised for the game by SMS themselves in the first place.

@Jack, please consider that many expectations were created by WMD members, not by Ian and his team.

jack1984
13-01-2016, 20:58
Should we all wait for the same iterations of Codemasters and EA style crap year after year?

Well, funny you mention Codemasters since they made with Dirt Rally the best rally game since...maybe all time according to rally gamers as well the press. :p

jack1984
13-01-2016, 21:07
@Jack, please consider that many expectations were created by WMD members, not by Ian and his team.

Also animated pitstops, ovals and proper triple screen support? The official plan was that they should be included in the game as I can remember correctly. I know about the custom championships, but it was as good as confirmed by Ian and in a later stage dropped. Which was actually a bummer for me, because I am quite bored with the quite dry career mode (which has no real incentive for playing and DLC is not / flimsy integrated).

Konan
13-01-2016, 21:08
Many things were never said to be featured by SMS themselves, but by fellow WMD members who wanted a feature so badly and spread the word to the public, so this feature became "officially announced" to public conception after a certain time.

That's why we've already seen people getting mad at SMS for features being cancelled, which never were advertised for the game by SMS themselves in the first place.

That may be true but the ovals and animated pitstops (two of the things that were mentioned by @Jack) were shown in video's pre- release...so i do get his point.
The thing is that SMS really wanted to put these in but isn't able to for reasons already known and discussed...

13-01-2016, 21:11
But if your are relatively small team with a relatively small budget, you should act wisely and not create expectations with the risk that you cannot deliver.This was impossible due to the way the game was developed, everything they worked on or even tried to do was always under scrutiny by thousands of people, they couldn't try to do anything without people knowing about it really.
Well, funny you mention Codemasters since they made with Dirt Rally the best rally game since...maybe all time according to rally gamers as well the press. :pIt's a really damn fun rally game and I love it, it's been a while since we had a rally game that was actually even a bit difficult, but I'm still waiting for the next all out rally sim to finally take over Richard Burns Rally. Dirt Rally is fun to play with good controls, but it just doesn't give me any of the signals that sims give me. Probably the most worrying thing about it for me from a sim perspective is that I find it to be much better suited to a keyboard than wheel and pedals.

Honestly, I think the main reason Dirt Rally is so well liked is because the recent rally games (WRC, Dirt series so far) have been absolute and utter garbage, it's been nearly a decade since we last got a decent rally game, so now they're overexcited about this one.

FAster
13-01-2016, 21:50

bad one

Liquid7394
13-01-2016, 22:27

Not totally true.

The online rep system is still labelled as a feature here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

At 0:26 in the trailer below a pit crew is shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE6Chu7bMpY

So yes some cancelled features were advertised by SMS.

13-01-2016, 22:43
Yeah, some were. The animated pit crew is one of them. It's a shame it doesn't seem like it'll happen anymore, but it is indeed a massive endeavor to make it so that it works with all cars on all tracks, so I can symphatize with SMS...

Liquid7394
13-01-2016, 23:00
I'm sure it is hard, but it's still not cool to advertise features that don't exist.

13-01-2016, 23:09
Agreed, though in January when that video came out IIRC there was still some for of animated pit crew in there, just didn't function that well. Can't remember if it was removed before or after launch, after four years playing dev versions it all sort of blurs together... =)

EDIT: Have to wonder, many sim developers have tried animated pit crews etc. in the past and have mostly failed IIRC, at best they've been hilarious to look at a lot of the time. I wonder if this is something where experience with animation programming for 3D action shooters would actually play into really well?

Konan
14-01-2016, 01:46
I'm sure it is hard, but it's still not cool to advertise features that don't exist.

They did exist...just wasn't possible to make them work properly on such short notice...

Cheesenium
14-01-2016, 02:18
But if your are relatively small team with a relatively small budget, you should act wisely and not create expectations with the risk that you cannot deliver. I did not happen once, it happened multiple times. Maybe then you should think as a company about your way of communication and project planning and that you should not make bold statements that feature x, y or z will be implemented after the release. It creates disappointment and distrust within your customer base.

And you think SMS will be more cautious for PCars 2, but to the contrary. For every single feature that did not make PCars 1 (or is not well implemented) it will be included in PCars 2 and will be better than ever...they say. Again, creating expectations...but hey, if they can deliver I will surely be playing PCars 2. :)

It is just how development studios are as I had been part of many crowd funding, most teams usually aim higher than they can because it is impossible to judge how long a feature will take without actually doing it. For example, I bought AC fairly early on when Kunos was suggesting that the final 1.0 game will have competent AI with pits, actual animated marshals for flags that is not on the UI, fully functional real road feature and so on where they delivered none of those by the end of early access with a horrendous AI. Recently, some fans did ask them why they talked about so many features and little was delivered, Kunos said it was just a initial draft of the game where as the development goes, they have a clearer view on how long each feature will take and cost then axe those that will take too long or expensive. It just how game development are because software development is hard to gauge how long will a feature implementation take.

Then, there are cases that some developers overdelivered like I backed Grim Dawn where originally, it was supposed to be 3 Chapters with a sort of simple dual class system. Now, it gets another massive Act 4, procedural generated small levels, another in depth character customisation system and so on because they found out they have the money to do so. Things goes both ways in game development, something you get a bit more and sometimes you get a bit less.

Lastly, it is just how SMS were since they started WMD in 2011. They had been transparent even with the Shift 2 patches that SMS did say they are working on a better AI, better graphics for PC and plenty of bug fixes despite they were working with EA. I dont think they should talked about potential features because the patching process is fully controlled by EA. SMS had also been transparent with all the potential features in pcars since it was 3 tracks and 3 cars with some insanely lofty features that was talked about in the initial draft of the game. I wont list them because some people will take it wrongly with SMS axed them so that they can keep it for the sequel. That never happen as a lot of those features were removed due to simply impossible to develop without stretching the development much longer than it should be. Also, when I backed WMD in 2011, I never expected that I will get a massive game with Audi, Mclaren, Aston Martin, Renault and other manufacturer along with a massive roster of tracks. pcars supposed to have a short 1 year development to the point I was quite content to see Ford, BMW and Pagani in it, however, SMS overdelivered it with a lot more than what I expected in 2011. pcars still have issues but as a whole, it is a damn good effort from a medium sized studio and the 2011 me wont had expected to see pcars becoming what it is now in 2016.

Most game developers have a game to ship where removal of features are expected because no game can be in development for eternity or long development cycle. There are times feature removals are done in a malicious intent, I think most of them are genuine due to lack of time or resources. If a developer insists to put in all features, you'll get situations with a game like Star Citizen still in development after years with little to show or you'll get messed up games like Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever.

diesel97
14-01-2016, 02:49
You kind of get the feeling that "driver reputation " was never started and never will be . I have never seen or heard about in WMD video's or conversations. This amongs other key words fall on deaf ears.

"if we dont talk about it it will go away"

SUBGTRACER
14-01-2016, 04:30

LOL Ian has said lots of things that haven't come to fruition ...... I think you need to take everything said here with a grain of sault .

SUBGTRACER
14-01-2016, 04:31

Its actually very uncool !

Cheesenium
14-01-2016, 04:55
"if we dont talk about it it will go away"

If you want to be sour with something that was said before they even look at how to do it proper, then, so be it.

There are plenty of things to be sour with pcars(I actually have a long list of stuff I am not happy with and I had seen it being made since 2011), AC, Dirt Rally and so on. However, the choice is yours in whether you want to cling on to it despite I dont think it will keep you happy. I dont, I rather let it go and focus more on the positives than keep saying how SMS broke their promise or how uncool they are.

Plus, getting pissed with the game is just stupid. It is not a $60,000 investment in a firm that failed to deliver what they promised, its a $60 game where if it is so bad for me, I'll just dump it.

Konan
14-01-2016, 05:12
LOL Ian has said lots of things that haven't come to fruition ...... I think you need to take everything said here with a grain of sault .

As i said,it would be a bad business decision not to do everything they can to fix the bugs...

Cozza
14-01-2016, 05:34
Its actually very uncool !

Well in Australia you can probably lay a claim on False or misleading advertising depending on what was advertised.

Konan
14-01-2016, 05:46
Well in Australia you can probably lay a claim on False or misleading advertising depending on what was advertised.

That would be very uncool too....

Cheesenium
14-01-2016, 05:57

Because pcars showed in a video that it has pit crews and the final game didnt?

Then, companies like Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Apple and so on will be sued from hell and back based on how many they changed what they advertised and seen in their games.

Cozza
14-01-2016, 06:01
That would be very uncool too....

only if what was advertised wasn't included. I just watched the become a legend trailor and saw manned pit stops. Fabricated visual's. Not included. False/Misleading ad. From Project Cars own youtube channel.
Remember years ago Call of Duty something got done by the UK advertising board (what ever there called) for showing a complety CGI ad. I think they had to put a disclaimer on it saying "Not ingame footage" In this case, no different, Not ingame footage because manned pitstops arnt there.

Konan
14-01-2016, 06:08
only if what was advertised wasn't included. I just watched the become a legend trailor and saw manned pit stops. Fabricated visual's. Not included. False/Misleading ad. From Project Cars own youtube channel.
Remember years ago Call of Duty something got done by the UK advertising board (what ever there called) for showing a complety CGI ad. I think they had to put a disclaimer on it saying "Not ingame footage" In this case, no different, Not ingame footage because manned pitstops arnt there.

True but uptill now it is still not officially announced that they won't be implemented in Pcars1...they're working on them but PROBABLY will be in Pcars2...
I don't think you could win a case based on that...

seb02
14-01-2016, 06:22
True but uptill now it is still not officially announced that they won't be implemented in Pcars1...they're working on them but PROBABLY will be in Pcars2...
I don't think you could win a case based on that...

Indeed, it can be seen as a bad sign for PC2. The animation of the pit is clearly announced in the trailer and it will not come in PC1. The idea to announce things that won't happen bothers me a lot. I say that for me, the animation of the pit is not a priority. But how confidence in SMS to PC2? Myself, I won't buy the 1st day PC2 as I did with PC1. I'll wait to see what there really in the game, and I hope not to Find "coming soon ' because we know now what it means."
If, of course, I buy PC2

Konan
14-01-2016, 06:49
Indeed, it can be seen as a bad sign for PC2. The animation of the pit is clearly announced in the trailer and it will not come in PC1. The idea to announce things that won't happen bothers me a lot. I say that for me, the animation of the pit is not a priority. But how confidence in SMS to PC2? Myself, I won't buy the 1st day PC2 as I did with PC1. I'll wait to see what there really in the game, and I hope not to Find "coming soon ' because we know now what it means."
If, of course, I buy PC2

To my understanding Pcars2 will run on a different engine so i'm quite confident the missing features will be incorporated.
They have a couple of years still to work on them and learned from their mistakes imho...
It would be a big mistake to advertise these things twice and not put them in so i'm sure that if in the future we see video's of Pcars2,all we see will be in the final game...
If i like what i see i will pre-order...if not,i'll wait....

Invincible
14-01-2016, 06:53
To my understanding Pcars2 will run on a different engine so i'm quite confident the missing features will be incorporated.
They have a couple of years still to work on them and learned from their mistakes imho...

I'm pretty sure Pcars 2 will still run on the Madness engine. Although it will be partially re-written and reinforced in many areas to make it way more bug-resistant and to allow SMS to create and implement features that weren't possible or too difficult for Pcars 1.
Developing a whole new engine would take way too long. Pcars 2 would then be released in 2020 or so.

Konan
14-01-2016, 06:55
Pcars 2 will still run on the Madness engine. Although it will be partially re-written and reinforced in many areas to make it way more bug-resistant and to allow SMS to create and implement features that weren't possible or too difficult for Pcars 1.

Thanks for the clarification... I wasn't sure but it all comes down to the same thing:they will be able to do more in the sequel...

seb02
14-01-2016, 07:18
If you want to be sour with something that was said before they even look at how to do it proper, then, so be it.

There are plenty of things to be sour with pcars(I actually have a long list of stuff I am not happy with and I had seen it being made since 2011), AC, Dirt Rally and so on. However, the choice is yours in whether you want to cling on to it despite I dont think it will keep you happy. I dont, I rather let it go and focus more on the positives than keep saying how SMS broke their promise or how uncool they are.

Plus, getting pissed with the game is just stupid. It is not a $60,000 investment in a firm that failed to deliver what they promised, its a $60 game where if it is so bad for me, I'll just dump it.

It is a matter of principle. The trailer clearly shows the animation of the pit and the person who sees it think, in good faith, there are animated stands in the game.
For me, it is a fault of SMS which could be interpreted by dishonesty. I do not think that this is the case, personally. But to say that it is only $60 so this is not serious, I do not agree with this. ...

Cheesenium
14-01-2016, 07:25
It is a matter of principle. The trailer clearly shows the animation of the pit and the person who sees it think, in good faith, there are animated stands in the game.
For me, it is a fault of SMS which could be interpreted by dishonesty. I do not think that this is the case, personally. But to say that it is only $60 so this is not serious, I do not agree with this. ...

So, you are going to cling on the fact that the intro has animated pits that SMS is being dishonest? I hope you arent buying AC too, they also have animated pits in the intro yet in single player they still havent even got around it. Or those Ubisoft games that changed so much since it was revealed.

It is a $60 game and see you got so sour over the fact that it has no pit animations when many aspects are largely working does make you look childish. It is a game, not something as serious as your life and death. Get over it than whining everywhere you post. Life's too short to be sour over a video game.

Konan
14-01-2016, 07:30

I understand your point of view but it's not like they intentionally wanted to mislead people...they tried everything they could to make it work...to my understanding they still are but with the limitations of this engine it will be very difficult if not impossible.
This was something they didn't realise when they announced those features and have apologised for in the past...nothing to do about it... Call it an error in judgement like i'm sure we all had at some point....

seb02
14-01-2016, 07:33
So, you are going to cling on the fact that the intro has animated pits that SMS is being dishonest? I hope you arent buying AC too, they also have animated pits in the intro yet in single player they still havent even got around it.

It is a $60 game and see you got so sour over the fact that it has no pit animations when many aspects are largely working does make you look childish. It is a game, not something as serious as your life and death. Get over it than whining everywhere you post.

What argument! I do not cry, I explain just that it's an error. And as I said, for me, the animated stands are not important.
So if I am you, must say anything because the price is only $60. Sorry but if I buy jeans with only 1 front pocket instead of 2, I'll see the seller and I said unto him, what is your jean?

seb02
14-01-2016, 07:34
I understand your point of view but it's not like they intentionally wanted to mislead people...they tried everything they could to make it work...to my understanding they still are but with the limitations of this engine it will be very difficult if not impossible.
This was something they didn't realise when they announced those features and have apologised for in the past...nothing to do about it... Call it an error in judgement like i'm sure we all had at some point....

I agree with you and i said : i do no think that this is the case

leon1772
14-01-2016, 07:52
Ian Bell made an announcement for the animation stands that will not be present in PCARS 1 in PCARS2 you her? Is there was an announcement on the progress of cutom livery online?

Kitt
14-01-2016, 10:41
I don't care if its a video game,tv,washing machine or car.too me, its wrong to advertise features then not deliver on them.Just because other game companys do it,it doesn't make it ok.I know animated pitstops isn't a massive thing,but it is one of the reasons I bought PCARS.

Liquid7394
14-01-2016, 11:29
Whether it was intentional or not is irrelevant, it's misleading either way. Hopefully they've learnt not to announce features unless they are certain that they can be implemented.

Dasidnii
14-01-2016, 11:48
They still have Indy Cars coming as well. More than likely it will be released around May because that's when the Indy 500 is.

AtomicSphincter
14-01-2016, 12:21
All this talk about animated pit stops, it's taking away from the real problems in the game, such as players get disconnected left and right with no explanation. Every week our league race starts with 16 players, when going from qualifying to warm-up 4-5 players get "disconnected". That's unacceptable! Tire choice set to "automatic by weather" is broken. Another league race, weather set to random, so we all set tire choice to "automatic by weather". Race starts and it's raining, four out of 12 players get stuck with slick tire choice, which ruins the race for them, having to make an extra pit stop. That's also unacceptable! The sound bug is worse than ever, now lasting anywhere from 30 seconds to multiple laps! Another, watching replays becomes confusing because those that drove BMW Group A, are now shown driving Ford or Mercedes Group A, totally random. Those are only a few of many. So yes, the game is still broken after 9 months after being released. Those that made a comment that SMS used us as paying beta testers are spot on with that statement. Shame on you SMS. I will not be buying pCars2.

theothermexico
14-01-2016, 12:34
Look at most games currently being released for the current gen, how many are completely bug free or don't fail horribly straight out of the box? Especially initial entries in a series.
How many offer support this long after release?
SMS have done an amazing job even if they did underestimate the task at hand. Yes there are still plenty of bugs, more for some than others, yes the game will never be 100% bug free.
But you must give credit where it's due, it's a smaller studio that has gone against the current trends in game development. They've been amazingly transparent with everything. They have clearly learnt how easy it is to put their foot in their mouth when discussing planned features and content. They know it will be suicide to make those mistakes again.
While I know this isn't one big beta for pcars 2, I wouldn't complain if it was. The positives far outweigh the negatives and I can't wait to see how they will build on this

Liquid7394
14-01-2016, 12:47
No one expects a bug free experience. And a few devs offer support for this long.

Mahjik
14-01-2016, 13:05
Is there was an announcement on the progress of cutom livery online?

There was never a statement this would ever be supported, not even during the development time of pCARS1. I would like it to happen myself, but I've been pretty active with pCARS since it started and I've never seen SMS ever mention it's going to happen or was in the works.

IrideGravity
14-01-2016, 13:17
I think I should write a big report to a german game magazin to tell them how SMS treads customers.

It wouldn't matter. At the end of the day, the $12 dollars they are hawking this game for is punishment enough for them I'm sure.
I doubt it even stops them from chucking another similar sim on the market with a few tweaks. here's to hoping the first one was just a prolologue to something better.
Speaking of prologue
Once GTSpprt arrives. The next Pcars release will be a lot harder to shovel down the throat of the masses
We won't need it. It won't be the only sim on market anymore.

$12 dollars SMS?
My word
You had the entire market to yourself.
Serious swing and a miss. In customer relations mostly.
Should have been sold as a limited product/prologue and maybe you could have saved some respect from customers.
As it were. Your rep is worth $12
Slightly Sad

BioForce
14-01-2016, 13:23
There was never a statement this would ever be supported, not even during the development time of pCARS1. I would like it to happen myself, but I've been pretty active with pCARS since it started and I've never seen SMS ever mention it's going to happen or was in the works.

I remember something about a discussion of a steam workshop for liveries during development... but I might be wrong.

When the pitcrew is of the same quality as the shakin“Lollipopper now - better leave it like it is! :p

AtomicSphincter
14-01-2016, 13:29
$12 dollars SMS?
My word
You had the entire market to yourself.
Serious swing and a miss. In customer relations mostly.
Should have been sold as a limited product/prologue and maybe you could have saved some respect from customers.
As it were. Your rep is worth $12
Slightly Sad

Exactly! The way ian treated some customers here is atrocious, even calling some "idiots".

cluck
14-01-2016, 13:29
Should have been sold as a limited product/prologue and maybe you could have saved some respect from customersLimited products/prologues don't come with over 70 cars and dozens of tracks though do they :).

As for GT, you're also forgetting that Assetto Corsa will be out in April for consoles.

This is the thing though, competition is healthy, it's good to have a choice. Was/Is Project CARS perfect? No, of course it isn't perfect but no game ever is. Likewise, Project CARS 2 won't be perfect, nor 3, nor 4, but they should all be better games as a result of the game that came before them.

As for the pit crews, that trailer was released in January 2015. It was not the official launch trailer and the only mistake made there was that there was no "work in progress, this is not necessarily representative of the final game" type rider on it. If you watch the actual launch trailer, no pit crews are shown. Yes, I'm sure it is frustrating for those expecting - and wanting - pit crews, but you should never ever judge a game from a trailer. Get hyped by a pre-release trailer, yes, but judging an entire game based on a launch trailer is asking for trouble IMHO.

seb02
14-01-2016, 13:36
Exactly! The way ian treated some customers here is atrocious, even calling some "idiots".

Ian Bell has come on the forum, responded to the questions, announced good surprises for PC2 and less good for PC1.
I do not find that this is an atrocity of treating customers.

AtomicSphincter
14-01-2016, 13:42
...you should never ever judge a game from a trailer...

A trailer is sales pitch to the public, so thinking that the public won't judge it is insane!

diesel97
14-01-2016, 13:43
I wonder when the "player reputation" box will turn into vapor ware just like the "coming soon" box did with out a word. The patch notes will say nothing about like last time. I understand just because its advertised IN GAME we should not expect it

theothermexico
14-01-2016, 13:43

I don't blame him, for the amount of s*** that was thrown at him he handled it very well, as well as the same questions asked over and over.

I remember him saying in one of the threads that all he asks is that people address him as they would like to be spoken to themselves, not demand that things get done instantly especially when based on rumours.

Plus, in how many of those cases was it people who would start 20 different threads getting more and more hostile because they didn't like the answer? Or opening a new account after being banned for their horrid behavior?

He had no obligation to interact with us, especially over the Christmas break.

It's simple, play stupid games, win stupid prizes

theothermexico
14-01-2016, 13:46
A trailer is sales pitch to the public, so thinking that the public won't judge it is insane!

Do you have issues when movies cut scenes shown in trailers?

What about other games that also drop content? Or have trailers made completely from cutscenes or cgi with no disclaimer?

But that's rather irrelevant, if you purchased a race sim just for pit crews, you must something something.... someone help me here!

seb02
14-01-2016, 13:49

What about other games that also drop content? Or have trailers made completely from cutscenes or cgi with no disclaimer?

But that's rather irrelevant, if you purchased a race sim just for pit crews, you must live a rather boring life

No personal attack =======> i had a warning for this :D

leon1772
14-01-2016, 13:52

ok, so, why we can make skin and why we have topic in this forum to share it?
To do as the opponent games (forza, Assetto)...? ok, good, but THEM they have custom livery online.

theothermexico
14-01-2016, 13:52
[/B]

No personal attack =======> i had a warning for this :D

Does it really come across as such?

If so I apologise to atomic, I couldn't think of a better way to word it

AtomicSphincter
14-01-2016, 14:05

But that's rather irrelevant, if you purchased a race sim just for pit crews, you must live a rather boring life

You're preoccupied with making personal attacks, and missed the point. Someone made a statement that you shouldn't develop an opinion based on a trailer, which is hard to do when it's all we have. Trailers get released so that the public can make a decision whether they are going to spend their money on the product or not. "Hey, that trailer looked great, I think I'm gonna get that product!" or "Hey, that didn't look like my cup of tea, I think I'm gonna pass this time." So once again, thinking people don't make judgements based on trailers is insanity, before the product is out that's all we have. So please, keep your insults to yourself.

Invincible
14-01-2016, 14:09
You're preoccupied with making personal attacks, and missed the point. [...] So please, keep your insults to yourself.
He even apologized prior to your last post, so I think any "insult" wasn't intended.

balderz002
14-01-2016, 14:11
Personally, I feel this talk of animated pit crews is way out of proportion.

If people want to make a point, please pick something of more substance to critisize. Its a side show, hardly worth mentioning. Maybe mexico meant, you must have your priorities in the wrong order.

Invincible
14-01-2016, 14:14

If people want to make a point, please pick something of more substance to critisize. Its a side show, hardly worth mentioning. Maybe mexico meant, you must have your priorities in the wrong order.

It somehow IS out of proportion for me too. But on the other hand, I may cite your signature:

o·pin·ion –noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Not in everyone's opinion the pit stops are a low priority target, even though it may be for me or for you.

But well, when it comes to different opinions, nearly everything tends to be blown out of proportion. Even wars started just because some people had different opinions. Which is really sad for the whole humanity.

balderz002
14-01-2016, 14:19
True Invincible, but you could say

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
complete certainty.

means my argument (well, point of view) is equally valid, or invalid to everyone elses.

On the other hand, it could mean that all of our opinions are equally tosh and meaningless.

But I did start my comment with personally.............

theothermexico
14-01-2016, 14:21
You're preoccupied with making personal attacks, and missed the point. Someone made a statement that you shouldn't develop an opinion based on a trailer, which is hard to do when it's all we have. Trailers get released so that the public can make a decision whether they are going to spend their money on the product or not. "Hey, that trailer looked great, I think I'm gonna get that product!" or "Hey, that didn't look like my cup of tea, I think I'm gonna pass this time." So once again, thinking people don't make judgements based on trailers is insanity, before the product is out that's all we have. So please, keep your insults to yourself.

As in the above post, I do apologise for any offence taken, I just couldn't think of a proper way to word it. Balderz hit the nail on the head.

Which brings me to my next point, I don't disagree with you whatsoever about trailers and their purpose. My angle is more that out of everything you have taken issue with a quick clip of a pit stop, it has no overall effect on the game and at that point they were still 100% happening. Unless I've missed the announcement, they are yet to be cancelled, just very low on the priority list.
Missing content is shown in trailers all the time, just most people don't seem to be crucified in the same way as SMS

Invincible
14-01-2016, 14:23
On the other hand, it could mean that all of our opinions are equally tosh and meaningless.

That sounds pretty EMO. :rolleyes:

I still hope that we can now close the pitstop / pitcrew case until we hear something official from Ian or his team.

balderz002
14-01-2016, 14:23
My angle is more that out of everything you have taken issue with a quick clip of a pit stop, it has no overall effect on the game

Agreed.

AtomicSphincter
14-01-2016, 14:33

I still hope that we can now close the pitstop / pitcrew case until we hear something official from Ian or his team.

Agreed. Personally I couldn't care any less about animated pitstops, in all honesty I think it's a waste of resources, but that's just me. My main issues are with connection problems, we lose a couple of players every league race going from qualifying to warmup. Also tires set to automatic by weather doesn't work as intended, sometimes you get slicks although it's raining. Those two issues alone ruin your racing experience.

balderz002
14-01-2016, 14:38

Its in the same fruit bowl as manual pit control for me.

Whoa, not another can of worms opened by me I hope!

havocc
14-01-2016, 14:58
Looks like pit stop crew is this month's whine trend, december trend was ovals

balderz002
14-01-2016, 15:13
Looks like pit stop crew is this month's whine trend, december trend was ovals

I am thinking to go along with a 2017 PCars 2 release............. A 2017 PCars1 whine calender!

'Relive all your favorite Pcars whinges every month of the year with this top quality 12 month calender'

Jan - Animated pit crews
Feb - Manual pit control
Mar - stuttering replays (60 fps?!?!?)
Apr - Renault Laguna BTCC - April fools!
May- Custom driver helmets
Jun - UI - Get a SatNav!
Jul - Ovals (4th July baby whoo!)
Aug - Triple screen support? 3's a crowd mate!
Sept - Classic Solitude/Spa/Monza = See you in the sequel!
Oct - AI too agressive? Go tell mummy!
Nov - Aston DP212, so close, so far
Dec - Nintendo release (Merry Christmas..... NOT!!!!)

Consider it a bit of satire, and very much a light hearted laugh at the complainers, not SMS. Its all a well meant joke folks!

havocc
14-01-2016, 15:28
I am thinking to go along with a 2017 PCars 2 release............. A 2017 PCars1 whine calender!

'Relive all your favorite Pcars whinges every month of the year with this top quality 12 month calender'

Jan - Animated pit crews
Feb - Manual pit control
Mar - stuttering replays (60 fps?!?!?)
Apr - Renault Laguna BTCC - April fools!
May- Custom driver helmets
Jun - UI - Get a SatNav!
Jul - Ovals (4th July baby whoo!)
Aug - Triple screen support? 3's a crowd mate!
Sept - Classic Solitude/Spa/Monza = See you in the sequel!
Oct - AI too agressive? Go tell mummy!
Nov - Aston DP212, so close, so far
Dec - Nintendo release (Merry Christmas..... NOT!!!!)

Consider it a bit of satire, and very much a light hearted laugh at the complainers, not SMS. Its all a well meant joke folks!

You forgot "Proper Rift support"

balderz002
14-01-2016, 15:29
maybe i shouldve made it a 16 month calender then!

Raven403
14-01-2016, 15:47
Not sure I see the point in 'complaining' or 'arguing' about anything with the game at this point. Pits, Pit Crews, Ovals, AI, Damage, Tire Heat, anything, the game is what it is, and thats what everyones been told. Patch 7 went a long way to pushing me further away with the Tire changes and now they are adding a Drifting Miata, why exactly im not sure why since the Physics model doesnt lend itself to drifting, at all, but w/e. Hopefully 8.0 fixes the tire temp stuff and restores the game to a more enjoyable state, if not I'll just continue to not play it, its pretty simple really.

Konan
14-01-2016, 16:06
So,with this "conversation" finally over i will recap for the OP...

- support will be continued for about 4 months
- eh.....hmm...that's about it actually...

I guess it's like in almost every thread:starting of positively and ending somewhere totally different...complete with complaints,rants and accusations....
Let's just blame it all on human nature and move on...

IrideGravity
14-01-2016, 16:13
[QUOTE=cluck;1211666]Limited products/prologues don't come with over 70 cars and dozens of tracks though do they :).

As for GT, you're also forgetting that Assetto Corsa will be out in April for consoles.
-----------------end quote
--------------
Who cares about content numbers if it doesn't function. Non functioning Saves, bugs as big as tarantulas. No worthwhile online component or features.
If the players/market thought this was a complete offering, it wouldn't be valued at $12. Much Less than a year later. And people might actually play it more.

Who cares about AC. A much worse and less polished product than PCars with atrocious single player AI?
Am I supposed to expect them to nail the online?

GTSport will roll out with the mass infrastructure Kaz and PD have invested in their server farm.
And PS4 and Xbox one users will be covered just fine.
You'll have to earn my business next time. Won't be the only option and customers frothing at the mouth for any sim. you not secured the players trust.
Good luck.
I like you're Blending of the technologies and previous work available to you. And you're tire model. And your AI.

DreamsKnight
14-01-2016, 16:27
i save this topic. i'll show to those that say people in other countries are better. (i'm italian). :D

so missing pit crew does not allow you to play? press uninstall. i think it is simple.

you think you pay too much? do a comparison h/€ with a crappy film or other games.

k.merse
14-01-2016, 17:31
This attitude of the staff is why I'm not gonna buy Pcars2 until it is proven to be bugfree. Originally they claimed to develop PCars, then use it as a platform to extend for many years. Then immediately after the release of the game they dropped the bomb that they are working on PC2. Yet they claimed to develop PCars for a long time. Now it seems that this "long time" won't be even one year. There is a very good reason why I doN't buy games like FIFA and the F1 series. I won't pay for a game if in one year a new version of it will come anyway...

"By the players for the players" my armpit... They are no better than Codemasters. Except that Pcars is actually a good game :P

k.merse
14-01-2016, 17:36
PC is not complete and never will be. The staff abandoned the project to focus on PC2 hopefully it will get more support after its release than PC did.

nhraracer
14-01-2016, 17:40
Hopefully the developers learned something important with PC1 and use it wisely towards PC2! PC1 is a good game, but can be very frustrating with issues at times. I am happy with the game, but am a little let down. Here's hoping that PC2 is a much better game all around!

DragonSyr
14-01-2016, 18:35

wrong..... see this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27957-FAO-Ian-Bell-and-team-(not-moaning)-Livery-Licenses&p=945548&viewfull=1#post945548

14-01-2016, 18:39
wrong..... see this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27957-FAO-Ian-Bell-and-team-(not-moaning)-Livery-Licenses&p=945548&viewfull=1#post945548You can already use custom liveries online, the others just need to have yours installed. You can't have multiple custom liveries on the same car though.

choppermeir
14-01-2016, 19:09
Really quite disappointing that in less than a year support is stopping for a game with so many issues from launch. Many bang in about how awful battlefield 4 was at launch but at least dice took things head on and started working their arses off to make it right for the people who laid their money for the game. 2 years on the game is amazing with more free content to come but I digress, I would expect at least 2 years of support for pcars1 after the set backs of release then the constant change every patch that seems to make more than issues than fix. I enjoy project cars and Think it is a fantastic looking and sounding game but I will be keeping my money in my pocket until pcars2 proves it is worthy of the cash.

the-D-
14-01-2016, 19:19
I agree fully choppermeir, this pcars '1' is really just a beta for the next one, dropping support for a game that hasnt been stable sinse release is, well, i was going to say shocking, but its not surprising really,...abysmal start for a franchise, regardless of the fact that the game is good.

jack1984
14-01-2016, 19:26
Originally, Project Cars 1 would get the support comparable with a game like Destiny: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/431942/Project-Cars-exclusive-Makers-promise-Destiny-like-experience

Or maybe the Daily Star is writing nonsense...

balderz002
14-01-2016, 19:28
Or maybe the Daily Star is writing nonsense...

Say it ain't so!!

Only way to get more tits in the Daily Star is to make Piers Morgan the editor!

CreamyDischarge
14-01-2016, 19:51
I agree fully choppermeir, this pcars '1' is really just a beta for the next one, dropping support for a game that hasnt been stable sinse release is, well, i was going to say shocking, but its not surprising really,...abysmal start for a franchise, regardless of the fact that the game is good.

But watch all the complainers throw money at their faces for V2? People need to learn how to vote with their wallets. It's a simple concept.

I bought the game, but I openly said to Ian, and asked his permission during a discussion with him directly on here, if he would mind if pirate v2 before I buy it to try it out to avoid disappointment.

I'll "buy" v2 IF it passes my QC tests after testing the usual Zero Day Release, but I won't furnish SMS with any cash until I'm sure they selling a fully functional product.

I think it only fair to let me test it before I purchase it, considering the questionable circumstances in which this one was sold, either via a demo or other means.

I stopped buying DLC too, but it seems everyone's going mental for more?
More DLC for a semi broken game? No wonder SMS are making a v2, its like taking candy...

m355y
14-01-2016, 20:19
I like PCars. I like this community on here. I like racing games, I like talking about cars. PCars was a game I was looking at a year before it was released thinking "wow, this is going to be my dream racing game" and I counted down the seconds before its release. But it's not. It's a good racing game, it has a lot of massive plus points, but the it just hasn't lived up to its potential or anywhere near, mainly because all we've had in terms of (the promised) feature updates and support is DLC, a couple of new tracks and a few patches that have left God knows how many bugs in there (as well as creating new ones). That's not what we were led to believe. Ovals - whinging? Hardly, they were promised. Pit crews? Promised. Custom championships? Pretty much promised. And all the while the uncomfortable feeling that they've ditched all this stuff because they're focussing on putting it in PCars 2. Which isn't good after all the promises and false hope that's been actively cultivated and fed on here about stuff we're seemingly not going to get.

I'll keep playing it on occasion and I'll keep posting on here because I like posting on here. I'm not against the game or anything approaching it, but nor am I particularly impressed with SMS to be honest. I paid £50 for THIS game, I don't give a stuff about the second one. I'll buy the second one based on my experience of the first. Or not. Simple.

jack1984
14-01-2016, 20:26
Say it ain't so!!

Only way to get more tits in the Daily Star is to make Piers Morgan the editor!

Well, they quote Andy Tudor, creative director of SMS, in that article, so it can't be totally made up. ;)

the-D-
14-01-2016, 20:38
I just realised i used the word 'franchise' wasnt this meant to be a 'project' as in ongoing? its in the name for goodness sake.

Mahjik
14-01-2016, 20:48
wrong..... see this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27957-FAO-Ian-Bell-and-team-(not-moaning)-Livery-Licenses&p=945548&viewfull=1#post945548

Technically, it appears Ian is answering question #2 of the two questions (around using a friends logo on a personal skin).

14-01-2016, 20:49
When the project initially came out it was supposed to be a Free 2 Play game with micropayments. And the final name was never supposed to be "Project CARS", it just ended up that way because the name gained recognition so it was deemed a bad idea to change it. =P

Roger Prynne
14-01-2016, 21:04
PC is not complete and never will be. The staff abandoned the project to focus on PC2 hopefully it will get more support after its release than PC did.

Were did you get this information, because it's not true.

SUBGTRACER
14-01-2016, 21:33
I like PCars. I like this community on here. I like racing games, I like talking about cars. PCars was a game I was looking at a year before it was released thinking "wow, this is going to be my dream racing game" and I counted down the seconds before its release. But it's not. It's a good racing game, it has a lot of massive plus points, but the it just hasn't lived up to its potential or anywhere near, mainly because all we've had in terms of (the promised) feature updates and support is DLC, a couple of new tracks and a few patches that have left God knows how many bugs in there (as well as creating new ones). That's not what we were led to believe. Ovals - whinging? Hardly, they were promised. Pit crews? Promised. Custom championships? Pretty much promised. And all the while the uncomfortable feeling that they've ditched all this stuff because they're focussing on putting it in PCars 2. Which isn't good after all the promises and false hope that's been actively cultivated and fed on here about stuff we're seemingly not going to get.

I'll keep playing it on occasion and I'll keep posting on here because I like posting on here. I'm not against the game or anything approaching it, but nor am I particularly impressed with SMS to be honest. I paid £50 for THIS game, I don't give a stuff about the second one. I'll buy the second one based on my experience of the first. Or not. Simple.

Could not have said it better myself !

bporion
14-01-2016, 21:51
Lets not start saying things whit no proof ! Yes they are working on Pcars 2 but they have not abandond Pcars there will be more patches and more DLC's not for the next 10 years but for 3 or 4 months anyway .

JessicaWalter
14-01-2016, 23:52
ill admit i really thought the dlc and game additions were gonna keep going longer than a year. ive purchased all the dlc so far and will grab all the rest, but it was disconcerting to hear about pcars 2 so early after the release of the first one. 2 years between releases is still pretty close together for a game with this much depth. i seriously hope theyre happier with the engine for pcars 2 and are willing to keep releasing dlc for it for a longer period of time (im hoping for 2 years of dlc. they'll easily get another $60/year out of me for dlc).

Bliman
15-01-2016, 00:02
I think that the problem is that everybody saw the trailers of this game. And thought this is the game/sim we have all been waiting for.
The trailers are spectacular.
Then I bought the game and the first thing I notice is that the controls are completely broken.
I thought , ok give them some time to fix this. But then I started playing further and the problems keep piling up.
Ok this is starting to become worrying, so I searched for this forum and one of the first things I saw was Ian Bell who is being rude to lots of people who deserve it (that doesn't make it right).
And hear that they are working full on to fix things . Now after so long time a lot of things are still not fixed and suddenly it appears that support will not be long now.
What does this mean, "sorry guys but you will always have a broken game with much promise but watch out for Project Cars2"?
And I find it amusing that some guys say "how many games do support their games for so long", is this the way to be?
Not so long ago all the games that were released couldn't get a patch or fixes and everything had to be right or whole the game must be sent back.
How I long for those days where you just had to start the game and that was the finished product , just like the developer wanted it to be.
I see so much that still can be done with this game (telemetry on the consoles because I don't have android , flag system, documentation and explanation how to set up a car, easy choosing of livery, ...) but most importantly you could build a community of people who love racing and who will follow you if you treat them like a person who cares about racing and not just a customer.
Regards
Manuel

RacingTopsy
15-01-2016, 00:05
ill admit i really thought the dlc and game additions were gonna keep going longer than a year. ive purchased all the dlc so far and will grab all the rest, but it was disconcerting to hear about pcars 2 so early after the release of the first one. 2 years between releases is still pretty close together for a game with this much depth. i seriously hope theyre happier with the engine for pcars 2 and are willing to keep releasing dlc for it for a longer period of time (im hoping for 2 years of dlc. they'll easily get another $60/year out of me for dlc).

Keep in mind that you only heard of pcars2 this early because it's pretty unique to get people onboard this early. I think lots of other studios start their sequels even earlier with the difference that the public doesn't get to know that. :)

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 04:15

Year promised and looks like, year will be delivered. I imagine they might keep support patches coming if they can.

They didn't have a choice with making Pcars2 public. A game doesn't develop and release in the same week. On this style of crowdsourcing platform, it was either tell the public early so they can contribute or do what? Develop half the game themselves with no input? Then it'd be "Project SMS made this game and the cars acronym doesn't fit anymore" Or maybe Project CATS "Community Assisted (by) Testing Simulator" :|

Well the first is surely too long to fit on a videogame case...

But don't be sad, there was no reason then and still none now to be disconcerted by pcars2. Or anything but hopeful for the future of the franchise. ^^;

ProjectCARSFiend
15-01-2016, 04:33
There will be no pit crews in Pcars 1

Ever? Have they been totally abandoned for Project Cars 1 now?

Konan
15-01-2016, 04:35

Not officially (on this forum) as far as i know but i wouldn't count on them coming...

JessicaWalter
15-01-2016, 04:59
Year promised and looks like, year will be delivered. I imagine they might keep support patches coming if they can.

They didn't have a choice with making Pcars2 public. A game doesn't develop and release in the same week. On this style of crowdsourcing platform, it was either tell the public early so they can contribute or do what? Develop half the game themselves with no input? Then it'd be "Project SMS made this game and the cars acronym doesn't fit anymore" Or maybe Project CATS "Community Assisted (by) Testing Simulator" :|

Well the first is surely too long to fit on a videogame case...

But don't be sad, there was no reason then and still none now to be disconcerted by pcars2. Or anything but hopeful for the future of the franchise. ^^;

im really hopeful for the future of the franchise and love the first game but we really wont know what we're getting in the second game until 8 or so months after it releases (i understand fixing problems is the nature of the beast nowadays). i was just hoping this game would be more along the pc mindset and offer a longer stream of dlc to add to the initial game. im not blaming sms, and pcars is still one of my favorite games (i dont even want gran turismo when i already have this good of a game), but theyre a little too vocally optimistic about things they dont have cemented in yet. id rather have not known about things that weren't 110% ready to be in the game. i like surprises i didn't expect, but expecting something and getting surprised by its removal doesn't feel so good.

NemethR
15-01-2016, 05:31

This exactly.

leon1772
15-01-2016, 06:25
I really loved the ideas SMS PCARS wanted to put in, but we find that it has applied that half of his ideas. Why ? For developed PCARS2 while PCARS1 is complete. To be like the competition? Unfortunately yes. Is the most important economic reason that the player community? Unfortunately yes. What effect does this bring? Loss on player championships and decline of online activity.

BuToNz
15-01-2016, 10:52
Came in here expecting more negativity as quite frankly it's normally the way of this forum.

Some good points on both sides. However, I really think features are the last thing we need right now - Just squish all the little bugs left over.

I know some things have been promised and not delivered, I'm not saying that is ok but what you should be buying is what the game currently is - not for future features, regardless of promises. Perhaps my opinion is skewed by being part of the development process and the seeing the various issues the team has had to overcome. Too sympathetic? Maybe, but the team has delivered a fantastic game and for that I think they deserve applause for even being able to get it into so many hands.

JessicaWalter
15-01-2016, 11:15
i agree they absolutely deserve applause and i think they know how well they've done. consoles have never been blessed with anything offering a fraction of what pcars let's us experience. it really is a beautiful thing.

Konan
15-01-2016, 11:31
i agree they absolutely deserve applause and i think they know how well they've done. consoles have never been blessed with anything offering a fraction of what pcars let's us experience. it really is a beautiful thing.

Amen to that!

Yorkie065
15-01-2016, 11:58
Yeah, I'm hoping they'll continue to fix the bugs, and fleshing out some of the features that they have already in. Things like the mandatory pitstop only being available in lapped races and not timed (or the other way round?) where it should be across all race types, it's that kind of thing that I'd like to see built upon rather than bringing the fully fledged pitstop animations and custom championships. I know this is my own personal opinion but what we already have is very good. Just need to make it work consistently without issues and in a way that people would expect it to work rather than available for one thing but not another.

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 12:06
im really hopeful for the future of the franchise and love the first game but we really wont know what we're getting in the second game until 8 or so months after it releases (i understand fixing problems is the nature of the beast nowadays). i was just hoping this game would be more along the pc mindset and offer a longer stream of dlc to add to the initial game. im not blaming sms, and pcars is still one of my favorite games (i dont even want gran turismo when i already have this good of a game), but theyre a little too vocally optimistic about things they dont have cemented in yet. id rather have not known about things that weren't 110% ready to be in the game. i like surprises i didn't expect, but expecting something and getting surprised by its removal doesn't feel so good.

I understand the frustration and the point of view, but I disagree. I'd rather be informed by the developer what's happening as it's happening rather than have them tied up unable to speak constantly.

In this world of game development nothing is ever certain until it has a release. It might be frustrating to have hopes dashed all over, but keep in mind - the people trying to make the thing happen also have to face the reaction of the people who wanted the thing to happen when they couldn't do it for whatever reason. For us, it's not a job but it is to *them*. It can make everyone frustrated at once, but with no knowledge at all....well, I've been to a few other games forums and when the developers aren't active and the moderators are disconnected from them things get much more heated and chaotic imo.

At the very least, some benefit can be gained for all by respecting that a person tried to deliver and couldn't rather than them trying to deliver, not being able to and then also being crucified for not delivering a hundred other things nobody knows were ever being worked on to begin with.

I wonder if SMS staff gets any catharsis from being open at all. Maybe that's why they do it.

Fernandito
15-01-2016, 12:19
Project Cars is a fun game. I find It fun (also) that I'm miles faster with a pad (360 controller) than with a wheel (T300 gte) in Project Cars.

This game is underwhelming with a wheel, and they didn't even bother fixing it (the overcraft feeling; the roflcopter force feedback; etc.) They just moved on to PC2...; ok..

Also, I still think the tyre model in this game is either crazy or perhaps completely messed up, rather than something advanced. There are many cars which behaviour goes beyond the laughable (80% of the road cars for example) and you simply end up not putting the necessary effort in order to control something that is either bugged to the core, or maybe not finished at all (physics of a car in particular)

Imo, what has saved Project Cars (for me) is that you can still have a lot of fun with some of the cars available (FC, GR5 to put a couple of examples) as well as a good and credible experience with them. Again, that it's a fun game as long as you choose cars that behave correctly. Nothing more.

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 12:22
Also, I still think the tyre model in this game is either crazy or perhaps completely messed up, rather than something advanced. There are many cars which behaviour goes beyond the laughable (80% of the road cars for example) and you simply end up not putting effort in order to control something that it's simply bugged to the core.

Sometimes I wish this forum had a user tagging feature.

I hope a certain Finn will be along shortly to say things I can't word correctly about this.

https://media.giphy.com/media/MP1kygLQzjCve/giphy.gif

seb02
15-01-2016, 12:26

people happy with PC will buy PC2. Unhappy people with PC won't buy PC2. Sales of PC2 will be the only judges...
You're right, it's simple

leon1772
15-01-2016, 12:37
people happy with PC will buy PC2. Unhappy people with PC won't buy PC2. Sales of PC2 will be the only judges...

Totally agree.
The concern is when you announced that some things have to do it and unfortunately this is not the case with PCARS 1. I am disappointed to be honest yes it after I say it comes from me but not , for talking with others on various forums many are disappointed and some even regret having to buy PCARS 1 (not my case).
I would like to added information that there is a decrease in traffic on the online PCARS parties are competitors while the increase seen him (AC).

seb02
15-01-2016, 12:46
Totally agree.
The concern is when you announced that some things have to do it and unfortunately this is not the case with PCARS 1. I am disappointed to be honest yes it after I say it comes from me but not , for talking with others on various forums many are disappointed and some even regret having to buy PCARS 1 (not my case).
I would like to added information that there is a decrease in traffic on the online PCARS parties are competitors while the increase seen him (AC).

I am disappointed too but it is a good game. I didn't think me interested in other games (AC and GT) because Project cars, on paper, gave me what I expected a race game (custom Championship, ovals, multiclass race, animation of the stands, BTCC..)
But, as many of these things won't happen, I looked that offer other games.

danowat
15-01-2016, 12:57

There were a lot of bridges burnt with PC at, and shortly after, released, people are fickle, and the feeling out PC outside of the echo chamber is very different.

I enjoy(ed) PC, but I don't think I'd buy PC2, will be interesting to see just how PC2 does commercially.

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 13:07
There were a lot of bridges burnt with PC at, and shortly after, released, people are fickle, and the feeling out PC outside of the echo chamber is very different.

Irony is trying to create a counterchamber by poisoning the well.

danowat
15-01-2016, 13:10
Irony is trying to create a counterchamber by poisoning the well.

Just an opinion, no need to try a discredit it by putting a poisonous spin on it.

I've sung PC's praises about what it does well in many places.

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 13:17
Just an opinion, no need to try a discredit it by putting a poisonous spin on it.

I've sung PC's praises about what it does well in many places.

An opinion is "I think x about y" or simply "x about y" since the opinion is implied. Where it goes off the rails is implying that a large faction of un-named and non-substantiated individuals are involved in some kind of mass ideology that doesn't take into account factual reality.

In other words - You discredited yourself with a massively exaggerated and thinly veiled logical fallacy.

danowat
15-01-2016, 13:19
An opinion is "I think x about y" or simply "x about y" since the opinion is implied. Where it goes off the rails is implying that a large faction of un-named and non-substantiated individuals are involved in some kind of mass ideology that doesn't take into account factual reality.

In other words - You discredited yourself with a massively exaggerated and thinly veiled logical fallacy.

Ok then! :)

the-D-
15-01-2016, 18:09
So, you are going to cling on the fact that the intro has animated pits that SMS is being dishonest? I hope you arent buying AC too, they also have animated pits in the intro yet in single player they still havent even got around it. Or those Ubisoft games that changed so much since it was revealed.

It is a $60 game and see you got so sour over the fact that it has no pit animations when many aspects are largely working does make you look childish. It is a game, not something as serious as your life and death. Get over it than whining everywhere you post. Life's too short to be sour over a video game.

Why are you so sour at him? life's too short, get over it (gotta love the double standards on here lol)

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 18:13
Why are you so sour at him? life's too short, get over it (gotta love the double standards on here lol)

Why are you so sour at him? life's too short, get over it (gotta love the triple standards on here lol)

https://media.giphy.com/media/K51z2udNAkWCA/giphy.gif

the-D-
15-01-2016, 18:23
No one expects a bug free experience. And a few devs offer support for this long.

I keep hearing the word 'support' being bandied about,...its not support, they are still in development, we, the beta testers are being kept in a lazy loop of prolonged QA while they develop the next game for testers. Support is for a final product ie FAQ,...these guys are fixing (albeit one step forward, two steps back) not supporting!

the-D-
15-01-2016, 18:24
Why are you so sour at him? life's too short, get over it (gotta love the triple standards on here lol)

You're just flogging a robot mate, metaphor? hmmmm

Konan
15-01-2016, 18:26

Not even close with triple mate....lol back at ya....hehe

Konan
15-01-2016, 18:27
I keep hearing the word 'support' being bandied about,...its not support, they are still in development, we, the beta testers are being kept in a lazy loop of prolonged QA while they develop the next game for testers. Support is for a final product ie FAQ,...these guys are fixing (albeit one step forward, two steps back) not supporting!

What do you call the patches then???
There's not only bug fixes in them....

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 18:29

Well, if this is a Beta and we're all in a lazy loop of prolonged QA for a game that launched last year.

May I introduce you, the-D- to the-U-

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/22/read-the-fine-print-ubisoft-free-game-offer-waives-lawsuits/

A company so afraid of being class actioned into oblivion by launching multiple AAA games in such states of disrepair and false advertising they literally bribed their consumers to avoid legal action?

If you think SMS is a bad company for having a "Sometimes" buggy videogame that's REGULARLY updated, you're setting standards for the industry ridiculously high.

the-D-
15-01-2016, 18:30

Its all about puckering to the sphincter, the guys that do can say all sorts of inflammatory and insulting remarks and swear and cuss all they like, I got an infraction and a warning for saying 'damn' those pesky double standards again lol

the-D-
15-01-2016, 18:35

They are his priorities, why should it be for a random forum user to tell him that they are wrong, still does'nt work,...try again? ;)

Shinzah
Its all about puckering to the sphincter, the guys that do can say all sorts of inflammatory and insulting remarks and swear and cuss all they like, I got an infraction and a warning for saying 'damn' those pesky double standards again lol

What reality is this? I'm one of the biggest sphincter puckerers around and, well

Evidence does not support your hypothesis.

Konan

I find that hard to believe...I've indulged myself in some inflammatory remarks and never had an infraction or ban...the trick is to use the xxxxx's...lol

AtomicSphincter
15-01-2016, 18:56

You've nailed it! I've seem so many posters get away with bashing people and calling them names, but it's ok apparently cause they do it in defense of sms. And although shinzah got some infractions means nothing, there are still plenty that get away with it on daily basis.

the-D-
15-01-2016, 18:56
What reality is this? I'm one of the biggest sphincter puckerers around and, well

Evidence does not support your hypothesis.

;) I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopedic shoe)

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 18:57
Oh! I have a pair of those!

Dr. Scholls! I'm not sure if he's a real doctor, but he sure does make a great shoe!

Edit:

You've nailed it! I've seem so many posters get away with bashing people and calling them names, but it's ok apparently cause they do it in defense of sms. And although shinzah got some infractions means nothing, there are still plenty that get away with it on daily basis.

There's a big difference between my post in the last page and this one by you. Do you know what it is?

Konan
15-01-2016, 18:59

It's actually not insulting calling someone manes...typo i assume? Lol
Too late...you've edited it....:cool:

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 19:01
It's actually not insulting calling someone manes...typo i assume? Lol

http://orig03.deviantart.net/6d83/f/2012/312/d/f/pinkie_pie_vector_by_tardisbrony-d5kddrm.png

the-D-
15-01-2016, 19:02
Oh! I have a pair of those!

Dr. Scholls! I'm not sure if he's a real doctor, but he sure does make a great shoe!

You have a set, a pair would mean both augmented or both normal ;)

Konan
15-01-2016, 19:02
http://orig03.deviantart.net/6d83/f/2012/312/d/f/pinkie_pie_vector_by_tardisbrony-d5kddrm.png

Lovely...

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 19:03
You have a set, a pair would mean both augmented or both normal ;)

I too stand corrected.

Most comfortably.

JessicaWalter
15-01-2016, 19:09
this was the only thing i had a problem with...(the actual interview has been removed): http://n4g.com/news/1573504/project-cars-has-two-year-road-map-for-new-tracks-cars-and-modes

again, don't misconstrue this to mean i hold anything against this game or sms, i don't, theyve done an incredible job. it's my favorite way to race virtual cars and i don't see that changing until pcars 2 comes out, at which point ill gladly buy the new one, i just really expected a longer schedule of dlc. i only posted this because some made it sound like my expectations came out of thin air imagination

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 19:15
this was the only thing i had a problem with...(the actual interview has been removed): http://n4g.com/news/1573504/project-cars-has-two-year-road-map-for-new-tracks-cars-and-modes

again, don't misconstrue this to mean i hold anything against this game or sms, i don't, theyve done an incredible job. it's my favorite way to race virtual cars and i don't see that changing until pcars 2 comes out, at which point ill gladly buy the new one, i just really expected a longer schedule of dlc. i only posted this because some made it sound like my expectations came out of thin air imagination

I'm not going to defend this, but offering a trademarked Shin counterpoint -

SMS have been very open about their having to deal with certain issues with DLC and approval processes. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this roadmap wasn't full car packs and instead individual components. Which would have easily extended the DLC lifetime to two years. Without knowing what the roadmap actually was (I can't click through for some reason the page it links to 404s, so I'm not sure if it's in the article) but it's not impossible that the plan had to change. This wouldn't be the first developer to reneg on DLC roadmaps by any stretch.

Please be vigilant in being a consumer. Even if you like or trust a company, don't trust anything they say until you can actually consume whatever it is that they are telling you. Videogames especially. Things will go so much smoother, believe me.

No I don't think it's acceptable, personally. But the sloppy shoddy games industry state in this weird time for it, lots of things just happen. Unfortunately.

JessicaWalter
15-01-2016, 19:34
completely understandable. they just seemed so trustworthy (and still are as i don't think they said anything with the intent to fool customers, unlike the majority of game companies). that's why i said we won't even know what the extent of pcars 2 will be until 8 or so months after it releases. im still on board for a definire preorder, tho. best racing game ive ever played. can't wait for the bimmers in the upcoming dlc!

bporion
15-01-2016, 20:25
I would say 99.999% .

Konan
15-01-2016, 20:28
I would say 99.999% .

Oooh....cruel of you....well at least there's still 0,001 percent of hope...lol
Come to think of it...that's not even a glimmer....:cool:

Jonzz0000
15-01-2016, 20:41
Custom Career/Season mode.... chose your own car and a selection of tracks.

DragonSyr
17-01-2016, 12:48
and pitlimiter and some interaction for entering and leaving the pits

edit: also peer to peer connection for lan play. (before pcars servers dissapears)

Adam.Freeman
01-02-2016, 21:26
I had ridiculously high hopes for this game, readig about it before release made it seem like the game I always wanted, to work my way up open wheel racing to get in F1 (FA) and I did that (although on the buggier early versions) the weather system career just killed it for me, why scripted weather? surely you know that its going to insanity limit career. Even if I could turn weather off! Knowing when its going to rain all the time take all the fun out of the mode. I think the mode could have been so much more. I bought F1 2015 in August and haven't played this since because of the weather system.

A custom champion I feel should have been added and would have more than made up for the career mode limitations, the games a decent game, but it feel short on what it could have been!

SUBGTRACER
02-02-2016, 22:18
I had ridiculously high hopes for this game, readig about it before release made it seem like the game I always wanted, to work my way up open wheel racing to get in F1 (FA) and I did that (although on the buggier early versions) the weather system career just killed it for me, why scripted weather? surely you know that its going to insanity limit career. Even if I could turn weather off! Knowing when its going to rain all the time take all the fun out of the mode. I think the mode could have been so much more. I bought F1 2015 in August and haven't played this since because of the weather system.

A custom champion I feel should have been added and would have more than made up for the career mode limitations, the games a decent game, but it feel short on what it could have been!

Pretty well some my thoughts up also , lacklustre in the testing department has let the title down time after time and is still doing that today .

Warren1571
03-02-2016, 04:20
I'm pretty happy with where Project Cars sits at the moment and I'm happy for the devs to move focus onto PCars2.

A custom championship would have been a great feature, agreed, and is something I hope we see in the next game.

That said, I bought the game on launch day and I am still playing it loving it.

artao
03-02-2016, 15:22
I sure hope they don't consider fixing the totally borked MP replays a new feature ;)

Pr3t3nd3r
03-02-2016, 15:24
This game is just another "beta forever" and I regret buying it. Such a waste of my money and time with this unfinished peace of....lets say "product."

STEVE2K15
03-02-2016, 17:23
Personally I love this game apart from the career mode. Ifind the career too repetitive apart from the series you sign up for, every race is the same every season including the same weather. I prefer career modes where you earn in game credits and start off as a novice working your way up. I hope this is the type of career we get with pc2.

Konan
04-02-2016, 05:07
This game is just another "beta forever" and I regret buying it. Such a waste of my money and time with this unfinished peace of....lets say "product."

My opinion on that is: for that kind of money,we got a hell of a game....
But to each his own I guess....

Konan
04-02-2016, 05:11
Personally I love this game apart from the career mode. Ifind the career too repetitive apart from the series you sign up for, every race is the same every season including the same weather. I prefer career modes where you earn in game credits and start off as a novice working your way up. I hope this is the type of career we get with pc2.

I really hope not...and i don't think it's going to....
There are already enough games on the market having this system and i wouldn't like to see SMS abandon their integrity by doing this....which as i said,i don't think they will...

04-02-2016, 07:26
I really hope not...and i don't think it's going to....
There are already enough games on the market having this system and i wouldn't like to see SMS abandon their integrity by doing this....which as i said,i don't think they will...Yeah, while I think the career mode could be improved quite a bit, credit collecting is the last thing I want to see happen (being a novice and working your way up has nothing to do with collecting credits either).

FR-Alan
04-02-2016, 09:30
IMO rewarding progression is a good way to consolidate solo experience.
However, it could be smart to think what kind of reward. In this way, What will make me love the engeneering side of the game (not exploited enough IMO at the moment) is to reward the player with more and more experimented crew that could propose to you best and best settings as you progress.
For exemple, 1 Jussi engeneer for tires when i reach a point ;).

Pr3t3nd3r
04-02-2016, 09:36
My opinion on that is: for that kind of money,we got a hell of a lot of game....
But to each his own I guess....

Who cares about the quantity...it's all about the quality my friend ;)

Konan
04-02-2016, 09:39
Who care about the quantity...it's all about the quality my friend ;)

That's actually what i meant....I'll edit my post :cool:

seb02
04-02-2016, 09:42
Yeah, while I think the career mode could be improved quite a bit, credit collecting is the last thing I want to see happen (being a novice and working your way up has nothing to do with collecting credits either).

Totally agree with you.
Career Mode is nice and could be improved on few points : random weather, length of races, constant AI level....for PC2

Konan
04-02-2016, 09:44
Totally agree with you.
Career Mode is nice and could be improved on few points : random weather, length of races, constant AI level....for PC2

+1
All good points...

Diamond_Eyes
04-02-2016, 10:19
IMO rewarding progression is a good way to consolidate solo experience.
However, it could be smart to think what kind of reward. In this way, What will make me love the engeneering side of the game (not exploited enough IMO at the moment) is to reward the player with more and more experimented crew that could propose to you best and best settings as you progress.
For exemple, 1 Jussi engeneer for tires when i reach a point ;).

Couldn't agree more on the engineering side.... the game could be more educational via your engineering team, as you say, by giving you suggestions and directions to go in with your setups. So you'll perhaps end up with a more rounded knowledge and know what ARB or damper setting might work for example for a particular car/track.

KkDrummer
04-02-2016, 10:30
Lack of customisable championships is what bothers me the most, especially with new DLC coming out every month and all you can do is a quick weekend, sigh...

Konan
04-02-2016, 10:43
Couldn't agree more on the engineering side.... the game could be more educational via your engineering team, as you say, by giving you suggestions and directions to go in with your setups. So you'll perhaps end up with a more rounded knowledge and know what ARB or damper setting might work for example for a particular car/track.

That would be an idea...like in "days of Thunder" where Tom Cruise admits he doesn't know anything about setups and the engineer helps him by asking what the car does on track...

Warren1571
04-02-2016, 11:31

Geez!! That's the last thing we need. More grinding for credits, ughhhhh!!

I reckon SMS gave us a breath of fresh by doing away with that kind of progression system.

Agreed, career mode could by improved but by earning credits is certainly not the way.

FS7
04-02-2016, 11:59
I prefer career modes where you earn in game credits and start off as a novice working your way up. I hope this is the type of career we get with pc2.
In-game credits is a terrible idea. Starting off at the bottom and working your way up is in the game already, the game does feature a progression system.

artao
05-02-2016, 18:32
While I too will speak out against credits, since your "character" in the game is only the driver of the team, and therefore has no concern about monetary issues, I would like to see a degree of the effects of money on the driver's end of the team.
For instance: Tires
AFAIK, the majority of races limit you to a certain number of tires-per- race or season, no? And being able to AFFORD more tires as well, forcing you, as a driver, to be more concerned about tire wear and conservation .. because you've only got so many.
Perhaps even the cost of fixing damaged parts between races and over a season.
Then you can win sponsorships, which help you get such things. (and, as a bonus, add stickers to your car :P )
Thoughts?

05-02-2016, 19:46
While I too will speak out against credits, since your "character" in the game is only the driver of the team, and therefore has no concern about monetary issues, I would like to see a degree of the effects of money on the driver's end of the team.
For instance: Tires
AFAIK, the majority of races limit you to a certain number of tires-per- race or season, no? And being able to AFFORD more tires as well, forcing you, as a driver, to be more concerned about tire wear and conservation .. because you've only got so many.
Perhaps even the cost of fixing damaged parts between races and over a season.
Then you can win sponsorships, which help you get such things. (and, as a bonus, add stickers to your car :P )
Thoughts?Now this I can get behind most definitely: Your performance affecting the financial status of the team you're driving for (and obviously rich teams having a better starting point anyway) which could have an effect on the game (available tyres in series that have more open tyre regulations, the top teams often get better tyres from the factory than the bottom end teams, the skill level of the mechanics and pit engineers affecting repair and pit stop times, etc.).

artao
05-02-2016, 20:56
Now this I can get behind most definitely: Your performance affecting the financial status of the team you're driving for (and obviously rich teams having a better starting point anyway) which could have an effect on the game (available tyres in series that have more open tyre regulations, the top teams often get better tyres from the factory than the bottom end teams, the skill level of the mechanics and pit engineers affecting repair and pit stop times, etc.).

Yes!! Even just simple crew upgrades, like in DiRT Rally.
But not the GT/Forza-like "upgrading the car" sort of thing.

ChrisK
05-02-2016, 21:27
Never played career even once. I have zero interest in racing on my own. If I had my way, I'd just say screw even bothering developing career mode at all. Make it strictly an online racer and dump all your development resources into making it the best and bug free version it can be. Especially driving physics.

I doubt many would agree to that though !

lmp4 24
06-02-2016, 02:58
Would be cool to add something to hone race craft, like pumping my brakes to regain pressures after slowing or stopping in the pits or replacing brake rotors from being to hard on them or even different tire models for different series. Just to add even more realism.

Cheesenium
06-02-2016, 04:47
Never played career even once. I have zero interest in racing on my own. If I had my way, I'd just say screw even bothering developing career mode at all. Make it strictly an online racer and dump all your development resources into making it the best and bug free version it can be. Especially driving physics.

Let's turn it the other way round: Never played MP even once, I rather see the game becomes a strictly offline game with the best AI available and better driving physics.

Sounds familiar? That is a selfish thought, I don't give a thought about MP or how big free is it but I never ask for the game not to include MP in it. There are people out there that will enjoy mp despite there is a portion of owners who doesn't care about it.

Kitt
06-02-2016, 10:46

Well your right about one thing..I don't agree..worst idea ever.

Warren1571
06-02-2016, 11:42
Woah!!! Why not embrace all the different game modes?

This game is exceptional in all areas. I love playing career mode, solo races and online multilayer, they are all a hell of a lot of fun in their respective ways.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones though, hardly had a "disconnect" and never had an in game crash.

Great game in my opinion. Better than GT6 and Forza 3. Played them all. So on console this is a godsend!

Pure racing in all aspects!

Sir Quacky
06-02-2016, 11:50
Woah!!! Why not embrace all the different game modes?

This game is exceptional in all areas. I love playing career mode, solo races and online multilayer, they are all a hell of a lot of fun in their respective ways.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones though, hardly had a "disconnect" and never had an in game crash.

Great game in my opinion. Better than GT6 and Forza 3. Played them all. So on console this is a godsend!

Pure racing in all aspects!

If the game was feature incomplete then the content would be added as DLC or free updates.

Warren1571
06-02-2016, 12:19
Bro, I'm just saying the game is pretty amazing where it is at at the moment. Not perfect, but there is a tonne of content to be had. As a PS4 player , this is gold. Agree not perfect, but pretty damn good.

m355y
06-02-2016, 14:05
Bro, I'm just saying the game is pretty amazing where it is at at the moment. Not perfect, but there is a tonne of content to be had. As a PS4 player , this is gold. Agree not perfect, but pretty damn good.

Until you compare it with Forza 6.

*runs for life*

Seriously, there's loads of good stuff in PCars. It's a good game and a good platform to build on with the second one. The only feature I wish wish WISH had been included is a custom championship/ability to select opponents. But it's not quite the game I'd built it up in my head to be before it was released.

Konan
06-02-2016, 17:40

Wow...a bit selfish isn't it?
I for one never play online for reasons i won't get into but i would never propose making PCars an offline race game only!
"The ultimate driver journey" can be experienced online as well as offline...

nono782
06-02-2016, 22:04
A bit selfish, it's right, but I understand why he said this.
Since beta time, the MP has been the poor part of the game. And even after several patches, it's still unfinished and bugged.
But not a reason to get rid of an offline part I agree :)

Joethe147
07-06-2016, 22:01
Wow...a bit selfish isn't it?
I for one never play online for reasons i won't get into but i would never propose making PCars an offline race game only!
"The ultimate driver journey" can be experienced online as well as offline...

He did say he doubted it would happen. Someone else said the opposite yet no one is picking up on them. People are allowed to express their opinion whether it's selfish or not. He wasn't proposing it either, he wasn't saying "I really want this in PC2", he was saying "If I could" and it was more in a jokey way anyway.

As for a question, have anyone from SMS say why weather in career was scripted? It was my impression that it's just that way for the first season but from some comments here, it seems not. Utterly bizarre decision that really mars one of the best racing games of all time.

Konan
07-06-2016, 22:18

Where did you find a jokey tone in this?
I think he was being very serious otherwise he would have put some emoticons in there and would have used a less aggressive tone...
The exclamation mark in the last sentence says it all...
So my opinion is that he has a selfish opinion...see what i did there?
Anyway i don't know why you picked up a 4 month old post and why it had to be mine...we both now SMS won't go for on-or offline only so let's just leave it at that...

breyzipp
08-06-2016, 06:00
Will the game still receive content updates and fixes now that the GOTY edition is out? I have a feeling the Nurburgring combined pack was the final DLC this game will see. :(

Konan
08-06-2016, 06:05
Will the game still receive content updates and fixes now that the GOTY edition is out? I have a feeling the Nurburgring combined pack was the final DLC this game will see. :(

I don't know about DLC but the fixes are ongoing...

Sankyo
08-06-2016, 07:33
We don't know what surprises SMS may have in store for us but personally I'm expecting SMS to not have the luxury, budget and man power to be able to develop pCARS2 full-steam and in parallel develop new content for pCARS1. There's also always the issue of licensing costs adding to the total cost of developing new content, so from a business perspective I'm not seeing much sense in continuing DLC development right now.

When the pCARS franchise has been established securely in some near future, I'd expect SMS to have more resources for longer DLC support.

Konan
08-06-2016, 07:44
We don't know what surprises SMS may have in store for us but personally I'm expecting SMS to not have the luxury, budget and man power to be able to develop pCARS2 full-steam and in parallel develop new content for pCARS1. There's also always the issue of licensing costs adding to the total cost of developing new content, so from a business perspective I'm not seeing much sense in continuing DLC development right now.

When the pCARS franchise has been established securely in some near future, I'd expect SMS to have more resources for longer DLC support.

...might i add...which already has gone on for longer than most...:cool:

GrimeyDog
08-06-2016, 10:55

...might i add...which already has gone on for longer than most...:cool:

Pcars has shaped up to be a Great sim Racer!!! The FFB is Great once you learn how to tweek the system.... with that said Now that Pcars is Sooo Good Now we Really Want More!!! what is the definition of Long Enough??? Enough is Never enough... after all we are all Human... Well We might have a Few Aliens that snuck in but they want More too... LOL... Its just Human Nature:yes::p

BigDad
08-06-2016, 11:15
I don't know about DLC but the fixes are ongoing...
I hope so , us on console haven't had any updates in nearly 3 months . Patch 10 .

Ryzza5
08-06-2016, 11:18

To be fair, pC1 has had many more patches and DLC updates compared to the 2 or 3 patches S2U had.

Tbolt47
08-06-2016, 19:26

I think it is the final DLC, they said this on Instagram about a week ago, in reply to if there will be any more DLC they said:

"Our original On Demand content plan has now concluded. There will be more news about the future of Project CARS later in the summer."

Of course that doesn't mean they couldn't give us something that wasn't planned :) Though I highly doubt it.

Though I think I would rather them spend the time fixing a few things and working on PC2.

Blunt RS
08-06-2016, 19:47
I hope so , us on console haven't had any updates in nearly 3 months . Patch 10 .

Me to but i don't see it. Grid lights was fixed over a month ago for PC's consoles well not.

rosko
08-06-2016, 20:22
Its a shame imo that the game doesn't seem so easy to mod.

bporion
08-06-2016, 20:27
Why not just announce here to everybody that there are no more DLC's or that there are going to be more DLC's , or would that be too easy ?