PDA

View Full Version : Any idea whats going on here?

ELAhrairah
10-01-2016, 16:20
I've been experiencing more of these type of (maybe bugs) lately:
http://youtu.be/qMPF8J-ktgw

http://youtu.be/8yEcvJC2E1w

Edit: assumed it was a bug maybe its just car physics behaviour

kevin kirk
10-01-2016, 16:42
I have notice sometimes the AI will rather kill themselves before they make contact with you. Assuming your the blue car, it looks like this one had made that choice. Sometimes its great that they do that,but other times it ends with something comical

ELAhrairah
10-01-2016, 16:54
I have notice sometimes the AI will rather kill themselves before they make contact with you. Assuming your the blue car, it looks like this one had made that choice. Sometimes its great that they do that,but other times it ends with something comical

I did not even touch him. It is great that they defend their position so passionly but driving into invisible walls/objects is potentially a bug I think.

Mahjik
10-01-2016, 17:04
I did not even touch him. It is great that they defend their position so passionly but driving into invisible walls/objects is a bug I think.

It's the reverse side of the curb the AI is hitting. The AI uses a more simple suspension model and it doesn't handle hard impacts as well as the player model. It's more of a problem with cars that are very low to the ground.

ELAhrairah
10-01-2016, 17:27
It's the reverse side of the curb the AI is hitting. The AI uses a more simple suspension model and it doesn't handle hard impacts as well as the player model. It's more of a problem with cars that are very low to the ground.

But I am a long term le mans watcher and never have I seen a car doing that at the dunlop curves nor can I recall a game showing such car physics. It looks very unrealistic. So you don't believe this to be a bug? by the way it happens at more curbs.

Roger Prynne
10-01-2016, 17:35
No it's not a bug but the AI physics I'm afraid.

Edit: But that does look a bit strange to be honest.

I'm contradicting myself though :confused:

N0body Of The Goat
10-01-2016, 17:50
Left tyres take to the air over the sausage kerbs, while right tyres meet resistance of track edge kerb's saw teeth.

ELAhrairah
10-01-2016, 18:20
Left tyres take to the air over the sausage kerbs, while right tyres meet resistance of track edge kerb's saw teeth.
I think you saw it right but I personally dont think it should turn a vehicle on its head:D

havocc
10-01-2016, 18:38
I almost flipped at Eau Rouge when i lost my rear on the inside curb with Ts-040

Mahjik
10-01-2016, 19:42
I think you saw it right but I personally dont think it should turn a vehicle on its head:D

It shouldn't, but it's a limitation based on how the AI is implemented.

Broken Brakes
10-01-2016, 22:28
No it's not a bug but the AI physics I'm afraid.

It isnt a bug, so it is by design?
Naah its a bug :p

kevin kirk
10-01-2016, 22:42
Naah its a bug :p....... I beg your pardon
https://youtu.be/puD6lHQCQFE

ELAhrairah
10-01-2016, 23:13
....... I beg your pardon
https://youtu.be/puD6lHQCQFE
Thats amazing..but to be fair he lost control already and the car was in a slide..

Shinzah
10-01-2016, 23:14
Naah its a bug :p

Because an implementation doesn't work correctly to us, doesn't mean the implementation is working *incorrectly* to its own reality. We don't work on the same principles of the gamelogic. So it isn't a bug, which is a failure of the implementation to work according to its own logic but it is an imperfect implementation that works according to its own set of rules that we don't find concurrent with the behaviour its supposed to have.

Programming logic has constraints and limits. When it fails those, then it's a truly a bug. Something that isn't working correctly to its own designed coding. This isn't a bug so much as it is an imperfect implementation of logic. It's working like it should - but we find sometimes it's strange that the things it should be doing don't seem like the things it could be doing to us.

Makes sense, maybe?