PDA

View Full Version : Temperature of the tires in free practice and qualifying.

nemo06
11-01-2016, 07:36
With all cars except LMP1 and Formula A my tires are cold during the first lap of free practice and qualifying and I have to proceed with caution while the AI cars depart immediately as having the tires already warm.
Can you resolve this problem?

nissan4ever
11-01-2016, 09:38
No, unfortunately. It is what it is.

Ixoye56
11-01-2016, 12:55
No, unfortunately. It is what it is.

But I wish they gave us an option to have warmed up cars.

nemo06
11-01-2016, 14:37
But I wish they gave us an option to have warmed up cars.

I wish it was solved the problem of absolute unpredictability of the AI cars.

STEELJOCKEY
11-01-2016, 22:35
I can understand tyres being cold when starting a practice session, but qualifying they should be warm, at least for the genuine race cars. What class of race car doesn't start on pre warmed tyres in qualifying these days? Especially open wheelers!

OpticalHercules
12-01-2016, 16:49
So just underinflate for Qual, make sure you leave the pits near the end of the pack to avoid collisions, then spend the next 1 or 2 laps intentionally warming tires with accel/braking/weaving. It's not at all difficult to have your tires up to 75*+C by the end of two laps on any track, or 1 laps on the longer ones. That's plenty warm enough to push with underinflated tires.

We know there is a bug with tire heating right now. It was admitted prior to Xmas. With luck that will be resolved soon. The harder tires should be here to stay, less they change the physics again, but the heating issue is a bug.

Schnizz58
12-01-2016, 18:20
What class of race car doesn't start on pre warmed tyres in qualifying these days?
GP2?