PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the new guy on the forum

mustang guy
11-01-2016, 18:18
I am very very happy to see such an active forum! I love Project Cars 2 and have purchased every add-on Steam had. :) I also bought, a la cart, a Thrustmaster T300, a Thrustmaster Ferrari 599XX EVO wheel, and Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO pedals. I am satisfied in every way!

If anybody would like to share any tips, I would be happy to hear them. I have been browsing the stickies, so I intend on taking the time to read as much as possible there.

I came here mainly to find out how I can see if my tires are warmed up using the HUD. I have done searches, and haven't seen a simple answer. I can see my tires in the telemetry HUD, but they are always green. Does that mean they are cold or does that mean they still have plenty of rubber?

Any way, thanks for being here, and I will be seeing a lot of you all on the circuit.

Cheers,

MG

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-01-2016, 18:25
Green means "usable", blue would be cold, overheating (rare currently) would be yellow, orange and red.

And welcome. =)

Konan
11-01-2016, 18:38
Welcome from me to... :-)
When the tires start to wear you can see this on the icon too...hard to describe but it's like a glas of water with a hole in the bottom: you can see it going down (hope I explained it so you understand?)

beetes_juice
11-01-2016, 18:40
Welcome.

To add: The tire "color" or health will deplete. Need someone else with a more detailed understanding to post a description but I've chalked this up to tire health.

ahhh I miss the 6.0 tires.

Konan
11-01-2016, 18:42
Welcome.

To add: The tire "color" or health will deplete. Need someone else with a more detailed understanding of this to post a description but I've chalked this up to tire health.

ahhh I miss the 6.0 tires.

Good one...makes my explanation much clearer...thank you.

mustang guy
11-01-2016, 18:49
Thank you all for your warm greeting and the explanations. I will play with the tire wear X factor and speed up the telemetry. I know the tires warm up in the game because I can feel the difference after cold laps. The driving feels more connected as though the tires are stickier.

I am going to go play now and see for myself!

Cheers,

MG

Konan
11-01-2016, 19:00
Actually momentarily there is an issue with the tire heating which will be resolved with the next patch...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION

You have to go near the end since it's an old thread but i'm sure you'll find all you need in there...

stangnutlx
11-01-2016, 19:15
nice user name MG

hkraft300
11-01-2016, 23:23
Welcome bud.
There's a lot to it.
Explore, test, discover, learn.
Don't be overwhelmed with the settings.
I'd highly recommend setting up your ffb right. If you find a car difficult to drive, look in the unofficial official project cars setup database, or search/post in the garage section. There's also 3rd party telemetry apps (dash, vrhive, crew chief etc) that let you know what you/your car is doing.
Deep, the rabbit hole is.

SUBGTRACER
12-01-2016, 00:02
Welcome Mustang !

Have fun is the most important thing :)

mustang guy
12-01-2016, 02:24
I am definitely enjoying this. I went and installed Jack Spades 'Standard FFS' and can tell a big difference just with that. With this simulator you can relly get complex or you can just get the best with what you have. The tweaks are awesome though.

Quick question. Is there a way with the stock telemetry to have the map?

hkraft300
12-01-2016, 03:48
Negative to that question.
You can map a button for HUD and switch between standard, limited, off and telemetry
Get yourself a telemetry app and you can have both :)

Invincible
12-01-2016, 07:39
Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy yourself and don't get lost in all the settings available. And a short warning upfront: You might dig deeper into this sim as you would like to. But that's not a bad thing per se. :D