PDA

View Full Version : about the marek RP 339h lmp1 cockpit view steering wheel.

kevin kirk
11-01-2016, 21:25
I know there has been another thread touching on the steering wheel being to far left of the driver setting in the seat, but I think that one was misunderstood as a using 3 screens issue. Its also like that when using just one screen like myself and on all platforms. Its such a cool car and cool driver animations that it sucks that this is making it so awkward to drive in the cockpit view. It so far left of the driver setting in the seat that I think any reasonable person would say its pretty much to unreal to drive in cockpit view. Is this something that might be fixed at some point or is it just not possible at this point? Thanks

Haiden
11-01-2016, 22:01
I've noticed that before, and was driving the car this weekend and remembered that thread. But, wouldn't that car be extremely hard to drive if the camera was positioned directly behind the wheel? Even viewing from the center, the left wheel well is so high, you lose sight of the apex on most left turns. If the camera were directly behind the wheel, that wheel it would a serious visual obstruction. Not sure I would want the camera any further left.

kevin kirk
11-01-2016, 22:35
I've noticed that before, and was driving the car this weekend and remembered that thread. But, wouldn't that car be extremely hard to drive if the camera was positioned directly behind the wheel? Even viewing from the center, the left wheel well is so high, you lose sight of the apex on most left turns. If the camera were directly behind the wheel, that wheel it would a serious visual obstruction. Not sure I would want the camera any further left.....I see your point but that would make most of the cars in the game easier to drive. I have to think the raising or lowering the seat as we do in every other car that shouldn't be a problem. I think we all have to agree it isn't even close to being in a position a real driver could drive the car. Set in front of it and hold your hands out to were the wheel is. No one would be able to drive it. Its almost cartoonish. If its not on the to do list I will understand and move on, but it seems having to drive a car in a different view because the cockpit view isn't drivable seems like a big problem for a community designed car.

hkraft300
11-01-2016, 22:39
Are you sure you're in cockpit view? Because the steering wheel in my game looks OK?
I say this because there is also a "back seat" view, with the camera positioned rear- central in the cockpit. If you're in that view, the wheel will be offset. LMP cars generally don't use a central driving position.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-01-2016, 22:46
It's quite far to the left by default.

Normally:

Adjusted to center with Ctrl-K:

kevin kirk
11-01-2016, 22:51
Are you sure you're in cockpit view? Because the steering wheel in my game looks OK?
I say this because there is also a "back seat" view, with the camera positioned rear- central in the cockpit. If you're in that view, the wheel will be offset. LMP cars generally don't use a central driving position.

....this is were the other threads about it got derailed into something else. Yes we are in the cockpit and helmet view. This is nothing to do with driver setting in the middle of the car or not. This is the driver setting in the seat in the car and the wheel being off the left making him reach over to his left to hold the wheel. Not a debate about drivers correct seating position with in the car or camera view or anything else. The driver seat is mounted in the car. He is setting in that mounted seat in the car. He has to reach a good 3 inches to the left to hold the wheel.

kevin kirk
11-01-2016, 22:53
xbox one doesn't have free camera

kevin kirk
12-01-2016, 00:07
From the default picture, It even looks like the wheel itself is at a different angle and slightly larger on the right side than the left side. Like its warped or something. This is making the two red wiper and display button is a little higher or than the two red drink and display buttons on the left of the wheel. The wheel isn't even from one side to the other making the two blue buttons in between them not straight with each other. The right side of the displays seems to be stretched out more than the left side of the display making the numbers on the rev counter on the right slightly larger and uphill to the numbers on the left.

12-01-2016, 11:09
....this is were the other threads about it got derailed into something else. Yes we are in the cockpit and helmet view. This is nothing to do with driver setting in the middle of the car or not. This is the driver setting in the seat in the car and the wheel being off the left making him reach over to his left to hold the wheel. Not a debate about drivers correct seating position with in the car or camera view or anything else. The driver seat is mounted in the car. He is setting in that mounted seat in the car. He has to reach a good 3 inches to the left to hold the wheel.I checked this as well: In the default position the camera isn't even centered on the seat, it's well off to the right of center. When I adjust it so that the steering wheel is centered and look down, the seat is centered. So it's purely an issue with the camera being offset, the rest of the car is fine.

kevin kirk
12-01-2016, 18:01
I checked this as well: In the default position the camera isn't even centered on the seat, it's well off to the right of center. When I adjust it so that the steering wheel is centered and look down, the seat is centered. So it's purely an issue with the camera being offset, the rest of the car is fine....... The right side of the wheel is different in shape and a different size from the left side of the wheel. To such a degree the display is slightly sideways. In any case, now that we concluded there is a issue.Will this be fixed so cockpit view can be used with this car? Its just to unreal for it to be used as it is now. the work around doesn't work because xbox one doesn't have free camera.

12-01-2016, 18:02
The right side of the wheel only looks different in shape and size because it's closer to the camera, the wheel is symmetric when the camera is centered on the wheel. The only real issue is that the camera isn't centered on the seat/wheel, it's off to the right quite severely. I didn't check it with a driver though, so if the driver's legs are right underneath you when looking down with the default position then the driver model is also offset to the right, and not centered on the seat.

kevin kirk
12-01-2016, 18:24
The right side of the wheel only looks different in shape and size because it's closer to the camera, the wheel is symmetric when the camera is centered on the wheel. The only real issue is that the camera isn't centered on the seat/wheel, it's off to the right quite severely. I didn't check it with a driver though, so if the driver's legs are right underneath you when looking down with the default position then the driver model is also offset to the right, and not centered on the seat...... Thanks, I think this is more of xbox not having a free camera mode problem rather than a problem with the car. There isn't a free camera so it would be nice if this was fixed so we could drive and use the car.

12-01-2016, 18:30
Yeah, would be great to have it fixed, it's probably the most significantly offset camera I've seen so far.

BTW, there are at least two cars where the wheel is supposed to be offset, it is like that on the real cars as well: The Lotus 49 and the 49C both have the wheel to the left of where the driver is sitting as a design choice. That doesn't apply here though, the camera is just wonky.

Rambo_Commando
04-03-2016, 20:13
Is it me or is the cockpit view off centered in this car? Every car I've tried the steering wheel and hands are centered on my tv screen but with this car my wheel and hands are more to the left on my screen. Is it like this irl?

havocc
04-03-2016, 20:29
Is it me or is the cockpit view off centered in this car? Every car I've tried the steering wheel and hands are centered on my tv screen but with this car my wheel and hands are more to the left on my screen. Is it like this irl?
Marek is a fictional car

Btw the trick to go faster with this car is hood cam :D, i can't see apex at all on my 24"

04-03-2016, 20:43
The camera seems to be placed wrongly, it's not in the middle of the seat. But yeah, since it's a fictional car the "irl" side doesn't really enter into it. =)

kevin kirk
04-03-2016, 20:48
So wish someone would figure a way to have free camera on xbox one. Just one little click to the left would make this problem go away

kevin kirk
04-03-2016, 20:51
Marek is a fictional car

Btw the trick to go faster with this car is hood cam :D, i can't see apex at all on my 24"...that's the point, your supposed to feel were the apex is instead of seeing it because the, I guess a pillar, would be blocking it if you were driving.

havocc
04-03-2016, 21:00
That problem affects other lmp1 aswell, try Ts-040 at Sakitto and try to see the second apex at spoon curve

04-03-2016, 23:32
That problem affects other lmp1 aswell, try Ts-040 at Sakitto and try to see the second apex at spoon curveBeing able to see out of LMP1 cars is a problem in real life as well, that's not something SMS can fix. The camera being offset to the side however is.

kevin kirk
05-03-2016, 00:00
Being able to see out of LMP1 cars is a problem in real life as well, that's not something SMS can fix. The camera being offset to the side however is.......yea of course that's just my opinion of liking the feeling of not knowing exactly were the apex is. Certianly not trying to say one needs to use a certain view to play them game. All the views are fun and even good to use for a change now and then.

Shogun613
05-03-2016, 14:09
Being able to see out of LMP1 cars is a problem in real life as well...

That's part of the challenge I enjoy about the LMP1's.

Nico Herrmann
06-03-2016, 11:55
The Lotus 40 has the same problem

kevin kirk
06-03-2016, 15:06
im just amazed with all the things this xbox can do there is no work around to get free camera. i mean im posting this from and reading the forum on my xbox with typing with my controller

Aletdownofstate
26-12-2016, 00:15
im just amazed with all the things this xbox can do there is no work around to get free camera. i mean im posting this from and reading the forum on my xbox with typing with my controllerStumbled upon this thread while looking for something similar, but I just wanted to point out that you can get a free camera on the console versions. You need a usb keyboard, hit CTRL+K and you get a free cam (WASDQE and the numpad to move it) unfortunately it doesn't save though or at least it can't be saved as far as I've found.

Fanapryde
16-05-2017, 13:57
Using the Marek today, I suddenly remembered the issue here.
While pCars2 is on the horizon, chances are that this will not get any attention, but I'm asking anyway: can the cockpit camera in the Marek LMP1 be fixed please ?
Is there a way to change it myself by altering a cam file or something.
I'd like to keep pCars1 on my hard drive, even after pCars2 arrives, so it would be useful to me.

Mahjik
16-05-2017, 14:38
You can use CTRL-K to move the camera, but you have to do it every time you drive.

Fanapryde
16-05-2017, 14:57
You can use CTRL-K to move the camera, but you have to do it every time you drive.
Yes, thanks, I just remember that one. But it just rotates the camera which gives me a strange position. There seems to be no moving left or right (or am I missing something ?)
I hit Ctrl+K and then use the numpad keys.

VelvetTorpedo
16-05-2017, 15:00
I found this, hope it helps.

For the "new comers"

Simply extract the mother house, but all is said...

BIG THX to lollygag :yes:

Ctrl+F - 'Free Cam', world relative does not work currently

The car relative 'Attached Free Cam' works, Ctrl+K puts you in Camera Mode, then Ctrl+K a second time puts you in free cam thats movement is relative to your car and all the normal free cam controls are available:

Left mouse button + mouse movement: change camera direction
D: right
A: left
W: forward
S: backward
Y/H: camera up/down
Q/E: camera movement speed
Z/C: roll camera left/right
CTRL + M: mouse smoothing on/off
NumPad 0: mouse speed scaling

in addidtion to

Numpad 2: increase pitch
Numpad 8: decrease pitch
Numpad 4: increase yaw
Numpad 6: decrease yaw
Numpad 7: increase radius
Numpad 9: decrease radius
Numpad 1: increase roll
Numpad 3: decrease roll
Numpad -: increase FOV/focal length
Numpad +: decrease FOVfocal length

SHIFT key in combination with any of the above: slow down camera movement
Numpad 5: reset to original settings for current camera

You can use the movement keys to go out as far as you want but the camera will stay attached to the car.

Regards

Fanapryde
16-05-2017, 16:10
Thanks man.
Just called it a day, but I will surely try these tomorrow:

Left mouse button + mouse movement: change camera direction
D: right
A: left

I'l let you know if it works. Would be great. :cheerful:

Olijke Poffer
16-05-2017, 17:03
xbox one doesn't have free camera

Yes, you can attach a usb keyboard and use the CTRL+K and off you go.

Fanapryde
17-05-2017, 11:56
Yep, it did... :applouse:

I had to try some other keys (likely because I am using another keyboard layout/language).
CTRL+K
and then:
A: cam to the left
E: cam to the right
D: backwards
Q: forward
Z: up
S: down

From there I can still move up/down, Fwd/backw, pitch with the rotary dials on my button box.
But now I can at least sit straight behind the wheel ...

And no, it is not more difficult to drive, it does not block my view more than can be expected in a LMP car.

VelvetTorpedo
17-05-2017, 12:37
Great! glad you got it sorted out :D