PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the custom Multiclass in quick race?

Sasquatch
11-01-2016, 21:33
I and another fellow proposed there be some sort of class selector for setting up a multiclass race in quick race in Ian Bell's holiday Q&A thread... and Chewy himself said it could work and shouldn't really be a big change with the current system. Were talking about atleast LMP1-LMP2-GT3-GT4... or whatever... or if the case of the most you could do combo's like LMP2/3-R.S./Megane Trophy-GT3-TC3... whatever, so on and so on.

I am not sure about any of you guys, when I set a GT race up now, there's one GT1X, a flood of GT3's, one Renault, one GT4, and a damned ocean of Vintage GT Aston's.

The vintage cars in multiclass completely ruins it for me, and it's making it even hard for me to play Pcars because I love the multi-class racing. Just don't get me wrong - I love the vintage cars, they're very fun. But having them in GT races with GT3's is damn awkward.

kevin kirk
11-01-2016, 21:51
I think that's the first heart break that everyone has when playing the game the first time is realizing you cant have have gt and lmp cars in the same race.

chrisracer
11-01-2016, 21:57
The same holds true for LMP1. I don't want the Sauber and or the BMW or Audi LMP 900 or Bently when running the newer LMP cars. There should be an option to select Classes and cars. This pretty basic stuff for racing sims.

Sasquatch
11-01-2016, 22:05
The same holds true for LMP1. I don't want the Sauber and or the BMW or Audi LMP 900 or Bently when running the newer LMP cars.

It's damned painful.

hkraft300
11-01-2016, 23:11
The same holds true for LMP1. I don't want the Sauber and or the BMW or Audi LMP 900 or Bently when running the newer LMP cars. There should be an option to select Classes and cars. This pretty basic stuff for racing sims.

Its fun to race the LMP1 vs LMP900 :)
Somebody once said to pretend they're privateer entries on a smaller budget lol
Though a good driver in 900 is proper hard to beat in the hybrids!

blacknred81
12-01-2016, 01:32
One of the things that I do miss in PCARS. I would love to see something like rfactor where you would choose who races, to recreate real life classes, or just make up some random selections for fun (LMP vs Super-Kart?)

BreadedVirus
12-01-2016, 01:44
I have noticed that you can run GT and LMP cars together in career mode, but yes single race mode would be great.

Slowsley
12-01-2016, 03:26
I think that's the first heart break that everyone has when playing the game the first time is realizing you cant have have gt and lmp cars in the same race.

Absolutely. My heart literally sank as it was the first thing I checked.

nhitrac
12-01-2016, 04:45
Looks like you missed this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS&p=1205751&viewfull=1#post1205751) and this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS&p=1207593&viewfull=1#post1207593) :applause:

kevin kirk
12-01-2016, 06:11
I have to believe the need for the field to be correct was at the very top of the to do list when planning to make this game. So there has to be a good reason for the game not being able to simulate a real race. I love this game, I spend hours playing it every night. Im also thankful for the effort made so it could be played on consoles. On the other hand, how can we call this game a simulator if it cant simulate real races?

Cheesenium
12-01-2016, 06:25

Actually, very little games has that feature, especially for offline races where I am only aware that Rf2 and AC has it out of the box. Other games are still stuck with single class on the grid, unfortunately.

No doubt that there are some ways to fix the issues, like you can download UI mods for GSCE that re-enables multiclass or modify the car classes file in pcars but games like R3E, there is no way to do that at all other than waiting for the developer to release their multiclass that they took months of development where it still isnt out yet. The reason that R3E gave was the UI and QA work is problematic to iron out all the bugs where putting multiple classes is the easy part, the hard part is getting everything working in the way you want.

It might be a simple feature on paper but actually doing it is quite difficult. I dont know whats holding SMS as I think most features for multiclass is there but I think they probably has a good reason behind it.

Sasquatch
12-01-2016, 15:56
I have noticed that you can run GT and LMP cars together in career mode, but yes single race mode would be great.
There's also a vintage GT versus Touring champ in career mode too

beetes_juice
12-01-2016, 17:17
Looks like you missed this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS&p=1205751&viewfull=1#post1205751) and this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Modding-Team-start-on-pCARS&p=1207593&viewfull=1#post1207593) :applause:

And he posted the download today. Custom Grid Tool Download (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43939-Custom-Grid-Tool-Custom-Grids-for-Solo-Quick-Race).

Edit: Ahhh, PS4 thread. Sorry. :(

Sasquatch
12-01-2016, 18:10
Yeah, nothing we PS4 or Xbone owners can do about that mod...

Gaaazzzaaa
12-01-2016, 21:06
Actually, very little games has that feature, especially for offline races where I am only aware that Rf2 and AC has it out of the box. Other games are still stuck with single class on the grid, unfortunately.

No doubt that there are some ways to fix the issues, like you can download UI mods for GSCE that re-enables multiclass or modify the car classes file in pcars but games like R3E, there is no way to do that at all other than waiting for the developer to release their multiclass that they took months of development where it still isnt out yet. The reason that R3E gave was the UI and QA work is problematic to iron out all the bugs where putting multiple classes is the easy part, the hard part is getting everything working in the way you want.

It might be a simple feature on paper but actually doing it is quite difficult. I dont know whats holding SMS as I think most features for multiclass is there but I think they probably has a good reason behind it.

Forza 4 had it. Ok you had to set up an online race and then fill the grid with AI but the feature was there. A game that is seven years old and a game that Ian Bell has claimed to admire.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-01-2016, 21:09
I think that's the first heart break that everyone has when playing the game the first time is realizing you cant have have gt and lmp cars in the same race.Nah, mine was that I can't have Road B and Road C cars in the same race. Or Road A/B and GT4 cars for that matter.

Sasquatch
14-01-2016, 15:03
http://i.imgur.com/Z1vCYr1.gif