PDA

View Full Version : Custom Grid Tool - Custom Grids for Solo Quick Race

Pages : [1] 2 3

crowtrobot
12-01-2016, 15:24
CUSTOM GRID TOOL v0.98b

by crowtrobot 050516
additional credit to JDougNY and LamboMantisMan

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7bd8267i2n77xu/Custom_Grid_Tool_v0.98b_by_crowtrobot.rar

Download link for use with Custom Livery Tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fv3vbj78w341b67/Custom_Grid_Tool_v0.98b_CL_by_crowtrobot.rar

***REQUIREMENTS***

Custom Grid Tool 0.98b or 0.98b_CL by crowtrobot zip file

DISCLAIMER: This mod alters the unpacked game files, which will affect behavior of the vehicle filters in-game. Career Mode will not work properly with this mod running.
Please back up your Project CARS Profile before using. Mod does not work online yet. Author is not responsible for lost save data or broken profiles or bans.

This mod is intended to allow the user to pick their own grid for Solo Quick Race in Project CARS.

Installation instructions:

Unzip Custom_Grid_Tool to <Steam_Directory>\steamapps\common\pCARS - there should be a pCARS_Custom_Grid shortcut in this directory, and a folder MODS with folders for the unlocker and Custom_Grid in it at this point.
Run JSGME tool and add Custom_Grid_Tool.
Run the Custom Grid tool using the shortcut and add cars to grid (can double click, or group selection and use >> button. Double click from Grid list to remove.)
When grid is complete, click Assign Grid.
Start pCARS, use Quick Race and Multi-Class. Make sure player car is a car from the grid assigned, and use N-1 AI opponents. (i.e. if 30 cars were assigned to the grid, use 29 AI opponents)
Enjoy. Exit pCARS and use Reset button to start a new grid if desired.
If using with Custom Livery Tool: download 0.98b_CL and install. Activate Custom Grid CL via JSGME. Add/Edit Liveries with Custom Livery Tool. Run Custom Grid Tool CL .exe in pCARS and Assign Grid. Leave Custom Grid tool open.

NOTES:

Use Save/Load to save custom grids and load, if desired.
Double-clicking a livery from the list will remove it. Or use the << button.
As stated in the disclaimer - THIS MOD CONFLICTS WITH CAREER MODE. Please close pCARS AND the Tool before using career.
Also as stated, MOD DOES NOT WORK ONLINE yet. Recommend deactivating before joining a VAC server. It does not modify any memory locations while running or the .exe, so it is doubtful it would trigger a VAC ban, but no guarantees.
Car selection filters from My Garage are also effected - either use Quick Select to choose car, or user will need to choose 'Any' filter in My Garage to find the car.
Tool creates .bak backup files of all altered files. If anything goes wrong, press Reset button and go to the /vehicles/ directory of all altered vehicles. Delete the altered files and restore the originals from the .bak files if this hasn't been done already by the Reset. Reset and closing the tool should restore backups and remove them.

Change Log:

v0.91 - 011516: Added Stock Car category. Removed debug line that caused exceptions to crash UI if .crd not found. Added check for pakfiles to prevent listing future cars.
v0.92 - 020216: added livery ID to writeGrid to ensure selected livery appears on grid. Changed bak file to avoid conflict with Custom Livery
v0.93 - 020816: added hr.rcf lines to prevent overwriting high res values. bak file extension for backup files changed to bakcg for both rcf and crd.
v0.94 - 021216: updated for Patch 9.0
v0.95 - 022516: fixed hr livery count.
v0.96 - 032216: updated for Patch 10.0
v0.97 - 040216: updated for Patch 10.1
v0.98b - 050516: updated for Patch 10.3

crowtrobot
12-01-2016, 15:29
Releasing as v.0.9 as initial release. Pretty satisfied with testing within the limitations of the modification system, though I still want to investigate further on ways to make this mod play better with the other modes in the game. If this happens, it will be a release 1.0. If there are any outright bugs, please post reproducible steps in this thread and I'll try to get around to fixing it, though this was written in my spare time and it works well enough for me ;)

IJOJOI
12-01-2016, 15:49
WOW!!!!
Immediately tried it on a quick race at Nordschleife.

I can just say...
THIS IS F***ING AMAZING!!!

*claps hands*

RomKnight
12-01-2016, 15:53
I'm afraid to try it online. Any brave users? :D

bradleyland
12-01-2016, 15:57

Based on the title & disclaimer, I doubt it would work, even if you tried.

RomKnight
12-01-2016, 16:01
I guess so too but...

crowtrobot
12-01-2016, 16:11
Taigo, I think it should work, just wasn't really in the scope of what I wanted to do, so I don't want to give any guarantees. PM sent.

Pamellaaa
12-01-2016, 16:25

Its not this tool but I have successfully used modded tyres online on a non-VAC enabled server without issue, the unpacking process to achieve this is likely similar.

M4MKey
12-01-2016, 17:23
hmmm weird, the app launches well, but then when I click on any category or button, it just closes itself without any more information :(

EDIT : Ok, this is caused by the use of the Audi R8 mod by MachineDojo team. If I desactive it, it seems to work :) ( at least UI, haven't tried ingame yet ).

Amazing work anyway :) that could really make things interesting for solo championships :)

crowtrobot
12-01-2016, 17:30
@M4MKey

EDIT: glad it's sorted. Should still work with the mod, I'll investigate further.

Tastakrad
12-01-2016, 18:30
Just to be sure...

For racing online after having fun with this really useful tool, I need to run JSGME.exe and deactivate the mods right?

crowtrobot
12-01-2016, 18:41
Just to be sure...

For racing online after having fun with this really useful tool, I need to run JSGME.exe and deactivate the mods right?
Yes, that is correct - it's probably safest for now.

Nothing involved here is injected or modifying the game's behavior, so it should be ok, but just want to be sure first. JDoug's unlocker is unpacking/organizing the files that are stored in the packed binary files of the game, and this Tool just edits the xmls, so it's all original files but I don't want anyone getting in trouble on behalf of this tool.

Koongfoo
12-01-2016, 21:44
Finally a custom grid. Awesome!
I'm not interested in the disappointing career mode and online racing, so it's a joyful sacrifice to me. I was ready to uninstall PCars after the news that custom championships won't happen anymore. Thanks!

Slowsley
13-01-2016, 01:56
hmmm weird, the app launches well, but then when I click on any category or button, it just closes itself without any more information :()

Dido for me. I can't make it work yet.

maxx2504
13-01-2016, 02:33
Hi !

SMS should read this thread and should patch the game for custom grids... ;)

Anyway..thanks for this tool !

Slowsley
13-01-2016, 03:04
N/m I got it. I had 7.1 instead of 7.1 + mod and custom grid.
THIS is the best patch yet! Honestly, they can just move to pCARS2 fully as far as it matters to me.

Benjamin Benichou
13-01-2016, 07:25
Works like a charm, my god its sooooooo goooooood, tks a lot Crowtrobot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkgYfXejGvc

Slowsley
13-01-2016, 08:00
Since you can save your grid, I guess a "championship" is possible? Maybe someone will do a follow up app?

One question though about the app: You can't really choose your livery (on your car) with this tool, can you?

Otherworld
13-01-2016, 09:07
Now that's great work, I love you :D

goon
13-01-2016, 09:10
Looks great!

Seriously, why can't SMS implement this?

Machinist90
13-01-2016, 09:26
can't seem to find the JDougNy's Unlocker downloadlink on racedepartment

nhitrac
13-01-2016, 09:46
Took me a while to find it http://www.racingfr.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50865&pid=1622735&st=0&#entry1622735

It's not racedepartments (never could find it there - @crowtrobot, perhaps link it in your first post for everyone's benefit?)

Anyhow just had a quick spin with this and wow! Like damnit wow, this is bloody awesome! Seriously I'll take pCars as it is for the rest of the year and I'm happy!

Thanks a bunch for sharing this mate!!!

ports
13-01-2016, 09:49
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-8#post-2153852

nhitrac
13-01-2016, 09:57
One question though about the app: You can't really choose your livery (on your car) with this tool, can you?

You can: pick the livery in the 3rd window in the grid tool, then choose the same car/livery again in-game.

Schadows
13-01-2016, 10:18
Since you can save your grid, I guess a "championship" is possible? Maybe someone will do a follow up app?

One question though about the app: You can't really choose your livery (on your car) with this tool, can you?You can choose the livery, but I'm not sure about a championship. I don't think the app or the game can make sure that the AI stay consistent for each car between each race (it is the most important problem in career).
Maybe if the app let's you configure AI individually.

Chiraq
13-01-2016, 12:19
Looks great!

Seriously, why can't SMS implement this?

lazyness

Machinist90
13-01-2016, 12:46
amazing work,this is all I wanted and needed to get more hours out of this game,maybe in future versions adding a thumbnail of the car/livery would be handy? not necessary though,just an idea,it's fantastic as it is

crowtrobot
13-01-2016, 14:04
Took me a while to find it

It's not racedepartments (never could find it there - @crowtrobot, perhaps link it in your first post for everyone's benefit?)

Anyhow just had a quick spin with this and wow! Like damnit wow, this is bloody awesome! Seriously I'll take pCars as it is for the rest of the year and I'm happy!

Thanks a bunch for sharing this mate!!!
Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying it!

I didn't link it directly as it's a bit of a grey-area with SMS. Their official position is that they do not support modding, so I wanted to try to keep discussion away from the unpacked files or manipulation thereof, just in case.

w.r.t. crashing when selecting a Class:
There's an exception handler that triggers if it can't find the files it needs for each car in the /vehicles/ directory - I accidentally left a debug statement in there after removing the references it needed, so the exception crashes the program if it can't find the files (in the case that the mod is installed in the wrong place, or in the case of the R8 mod, there's an extra textures folder that doesn't have car data). Kind of the opposite of what the handler is supposed to do... Now plays well with the R8 and has a useful error message if the program is just in the wrong directory.

Will have an update ready later today. It's not critical if everything's working for you right now, but it may be useful in the future.

Marinero84
13-01-2016, 16:57
Working like a charm.. thanks a million

Joe Moore
13-01-2016, 21:24
N/m I got it. I had 7.1 instead of 7.1 + mod and custom grid.
THIS is the best patch yet! Honestly, they can just move to pCARS2 fully as far as it matters to me.

Thank you i made the same mistake .

@crowtrobot just wonderful , thanks .

@ports thanks for link but your link gave me 7.1 , I needed 7.1 V1.2 here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-8#post-2163902

maxx2504
13-01-2016, 21:51
Hi !

I raced on Le Mans last night with a full 55 AI grid of LMP1, LMP2, GT3 and GT4 and it was awesome. So it works.

The only thing i mentioned is that the performance of the game was a little bit worse that before. But i guess that a problem of my pc i will figure out ;)

Eric Rowland
13-01-2016, 22:13
Thank you Crow and JDougNY!!!!

Vendrah
14-01-2016, 00:20
Hi, I am from the PS4 plataform, I think I already now the answer but since I dont understand Apps and programming stuff hardly, it wouldnt hurt to ask: Any hopes of having something like this for consoles?

bman1972x
14-01-2016, 03:24
Thank you Crow and JDougNY. This is awesome. Is there any possibility of locking in the opponent AI names for each race? This would allow you to race against the same driver names and use an excel spreadsheet to record race results and hence create your own custom championship.

I don't need to specify the names, I just want to retain the random AI names that are generated for the first race. I guess if this can't be done you could pick only one car from each team and use that. Choosing 2 drivers per team won't work because you don't know who is driving which car (unless you watch a replay but then that is a lot of work).

Thanks again. Things like this and crew chief, pCars dash etc just make this amazing game get better and better. If only we could do mid race saves. :(

AndrexUK
14-01-2016, 13:46
Have not tried this yet, but I am seriously looking forward to trying it!!! (Looks to be GREAT!!!)

Is there any way that it can be used to sort the qually grid out? The vids I've seen show some slower class cars ahead of faster cars.
This maybe the host that skipped the session, but it would be nice to be able to set the grid (and choose your own starting place - is that in the game already?).

Why can't SMS do this? I suspect that it's more complicated to build into the Console versions, but deep down, I feel that it would still be possible, and that they are holding this (and other features) for pCars2 so that it's more marketable.

If pCars2 doesn't have Custom Championships / Oval racing / Working flags / Liveries in Multiplayer / etc / etc / etc, then it probably wouldn't be different enough from pCars1 to draw ppl into buying it.

Don't really want to de-rail the thread into SMS bashing, and take any focus away from this AWESOME mod! but just giving what I feel is the answer that has been asked many times.

It's the quality of the mods like this, R8 / Crew Chief / pCars Profiler / etc that keep the title alive, and it's a shame that SMS don't open it up for more.

satco1066
14-01-2016, 14:07
great tool.
Why don't you share it with dropbox.
The f***ing XXX pictures and popups are annoying. :victorious:

FR-Alan
14-01-2016, 17:52
Does someone can give some feedback for online ?
How it is supposed to work online ?

Roger Prynne
14-01-2016, 22:00
From the OP....

Also has not been tested for Online use!

crowtrobot
14-01-2016, 23:30
New version out: 0.91. Updated the first post to link to the new version. Realized I forgot to add a Stockcar filter (oops. no one seemed to notice, guess that shows the interest in the Caper ;)), also fixed that exception handler and made the tool run a check for vehicle pakfiles to prevent unreleased cars with meta-data but no models from showing up in the list. Also, verified the tool working with the Machine Dojo crew's R8 mod:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, glad the tool is getting some use! To answer some questions:

Thank you Crow and JDougNY. This is awesome. Is there any possibility of locking in the opponent AI names for each race? This would allow you to race against the same driver names and use an excel spreadsheet to record race results and hence create your own custom championship.
Looking into this.

Have not tried this yet, but I am seriously looking forward to trying it!!! (Looks to be GREAT!!!)

Is there any way that it can be used to sort the qually grid out? The vids I've seen show some slower class cars ahead of faster cars.
This maybe the host that skipped the session, but it would be nice to be able to set the grid (and choose your own starting place - is that in the game already?).

The grid gets sorted properly after quali; it's random if you just jump right into the race.

Hi, I am from the PS4 plataform, I think I already now the answer but since I dont understand Apps and programming stuff hardly, it wouldnt hurt to ask: Any hopes of having something like this for consoles?
Not likely. Certainly won't be from me, as I'm just on PC.

Ian Bell
15-01-2016, 01:20
lazyness

Exactly that.

Well that plus a multitude of knock on effects that third party utilities can get away with that we can't.

Anyway, let's rejoice. Great work Crow.

Ian Bell
15-01-2016, 01:22

Why can't SMS do this? I suspect that it's more complicated to build into the Console versions, but deep down, I feel that it would still be possible, and that they are holding this (and other features) for pCars2 so that it's more marketable.

If pCars2 doesn't have Custom Championships / Oval racing / Working flags / Liveries in Multiplayer / etc / etc / etc, then it probably wouldn't be different enough from pCars1 to draw ppl into buying it.

Don't really want to de-rail the thread into SMS bashing, and take any focus away from this AWESOME mod! but just giving what I feel is the answer that has been asked many times.

It's the quality of the mods like this, R8 / Crew Chief / pCars Profiler / etc that keep the title alive, and it's a shame that SMS don't open it up for more.

If we were of that mindset we wouldn't be liking and congratulating Crow for the tool.

Ian Bell
15-01-2016, 01:23
Hi !

I raced on Le Mans last night with a full 55 AI grid of LMP1, LMP2, GT3 and GT4 and it was awesome. So it works.

The only thing i mentioned is that the performance of the game was a little bit worse that before. But i guess that a problem of my pc i will figure out ;)

That's one of the multitude of knock on effects. More variety in cars equals more mesh data equals less performance.

GenBrien
15-01-2016, 02:11
That's one of the multitude of knock on effects. More variety in cars equals more mesh data equals less performance.

cant be ingame by default for PCs?

Invincible
15-01-2016, 05:04

If it were that easy, I think we'd already had something like that in the game. As you can see, Crowtrobots tool, as awesome as it is, messes with the career grid too, if left enabled while driving career races.
And I am pretty sure that there would be more and bigger disadvantages if it were hardcoded into the game.

seb02
15-01-2016, 07:27

Yes, PS4 and Xbox don't have Mod

could_do_better
15-01-2016, 07:44
Probably some manufacturers have restrictions on their cars not appearing certain other cars too.

mister dog
15-01-2016, 08:39
Probably some manufacturers have restrictions on their cars not appearing certain other cars too.

Yeah right, then it would be almost impossible to make any kind of racing game.

maximatorstengel
15-01-2016, 10:58
I know it might be more difficult than I think but i really want to build my own grids on PS4! If there are performance problems then reduce the total amount of different cars possible. I really could live with that.

Anyway I massively enjoy this game but I would enjoy it even more with that feature.

NemethR
15-01-2016, 11:49
I know it might be more difficult than I think but i really want to build my own grids on PS4! If there are performance problems then reduce the total amount of different cars possible. I really could live with that.

Anyway I massively enjoy this game but I would enjoy it even more with that feature.

You cannot mod games on PS4 / XBox - at least not with a tool like this.

dodge33cymru
15-01-2016, 13:05

Is it similar to rF and GTR in that respect, where it's the number of different physics models that really taxes the processor rather than the actual number of cars?

Either way, really appreciate these sorts of threads and posts being allowed and I'll certainly be investing in some of the DLC GTs and LMPs now that I'll be able to use the cars in the manner I like, so win-win :)

ELAhrairah
15-01-2016, 14:18
Thank you Op ! This s a great great great mod and for me as a le mans 24hr and endurance race fan this completes Pcars 1 for me!

Tommi-TAG
15-01-2016, 16:34
Thank you very much for this great "Custom Grid Tool", crowtrobot.
Your tool makes it possible for me to try what I wanted to do in pCARS. All Lotus Challenge from different years (literally "Old vs New"), McLaren limited Challenge, Lancer Evolution limited Challenge and so on.
One of the great things (and what I really like) about this tool is I/we can choose not only the favorite cars but also the favorite liveries. It enhances the racing experiences in pCARS and makes my dream come true.
Thanks again for all your hard work and making this possible. It's always a fun time to think about the dream grid! :)

Schumi-
15-01-2016, 18:19
Sorry guys, having a little bit of trouble here, so i have unzipped the two files, and placed both folders in the pCars directory run the jsgme and added the mod, but after opening up the custom grid tool, i click on any class of car and then the the custom grid tool closes ?

Have i missed something out ?

Thanks

ELAhrairah
15-01-2016, 18:29
Sorry guys, having a little bit of trouble here, so i have unzipped the two files, and placed both folders in the pCars directory run the jsgme and added the mod, but after opening up the custom grid tool, i click on any class of car and then the the custom grid tool closes ?

Thanks

Are you using the latest mod unlocker?
Did you use the correct one : 32 or 64 bit

Did you create a folder in pcars with the unzipped mod in it?
Do you open it with admin rights?

Maybe trying this all again will help you?

It should work it worked on my 64bit windows 10:yes:

crowtrobot
15-01-2016, 18:32

Thanks

Are you running the latest version (0.91)?
Verify the directory. The structure should be: <pCARS_Base_Directory>\MODS\Custom_Grid\python\dist. Make sure it didn't go into a "Custom_Grid_Mod_by_crowtrobot blabla" directory.

Schumi-
15-01-2016, 18:39
Are you using the latest mod unlocker?
Did you use the correct one : 32 or 64 bit

Did you create a folder in pcars with the unzipped mod in it?
Do you open it with admin rights?

Maybe trying this all again will help you?

It should work it worked on my 64bit windows 10:yes:

Are you running the latest version (0.91)?
Verify the directory. The structure should be: <pCARS_Base_Directory>\MODS\Custom_Grid\python\dist. Make sure it didn't go into a "Custom_Grid_Mod_by_crowtrobot blabla" directory.

Thanks for the replies, my error, i didn't move the the JSGME.exe out of the folder i extracted, to the main pCars folder, It is all working now, time to have a play.

Thanks very much for this mod, it is much appreciated.

Shadowoff
15-01-2016, 19:11
Hey,
I also got a problem:
I made everything after your instruction, but In-Game nothing is happening :(

Mad LL
15-01-2016, 19:38
You need to give us more details like one screenshot of the grid you defined in the tool and one screenshot showing what your opponents listing look like in the pits in the practice session.

You can try these tips beforehand :
Rebuild a very small grid (like 5 or 6 cars) with the mod to check if you understood how it works.
Make sure you did not select a DLC car you don't own as an opponent by mistake.
Make sure you keep the tool running in the background after you assign the grid.

Shadowoff
15-01-2016, 21:41
You need to give us more details like one screenshot of the grid you defined in the tool and one screenshot showing what your opponents listing look like in the pits in the practice session.

You can try these tips beforehand :
Rebuild a very small grid (like 5 or 6 cars) with the mod to check if you understood how it works.
Make sure you did not select a DLC car you don't own as an opponent by mistake.
Make sure you keep the tool running in the background after you assign the grid.

Ok, I try my best :D

Roger Lee
16-01-2016, 02:30
Brilliant mod, thank you!!

Rober
16-01-2016, 12:07
Make sure you keep the tool running in the background after you assign the grid

This is the part that is not completely clear in the readme IMHO. Other mods doesnt need it, so is a bit strange. Apart from that I love it! Great work guys!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Shadowoff
16-01-2016, 14:53
I deinstalled and installed it, now everything is working fine.
Awesome Mod, love it ;*

E_Luckow
16-01-2016, 17:18
Works like a charm. Thank you very much!:cool:

Schadows
16-01-2016, 20:34
So, now that several people were able to use it, did someone tested it online ?
Does it work with someone having the same mod settings (is it possible to export/import ?) or not ?

thepharcyde
16-01-2016, 20:36
Love it

beetes_juice
18-01-2016, 16:07
All involved a big thank you. Had a go at Watkins Glen, Dubai, and Sakitto over the weekend simulating 24Hr races...

LEGEND

*Side note: Dk how much support/fine tuning you will be giving the mod but had an idea and just wanted to throw it out there: Drop down or list of all tracks with their respective max grid size. Not that big of a deal and somewhat of a lazy request :o but found myself jumping in-and-out of game to check max grids for the tracks I was running.

EDIT: I have a list about 75% complete.

McKiernan
18-01-2016, 19:43
I recently went from being a console gamer to getting a gaming PC. Apart from having loads more sims and not needing to pay extra for online play one of the biggest reasons for making the switch was so I could try out these mods. I've only just got my head around using custom liveries & now tried out this tool & I gotta say it's the feckin bomb. I love it. Had no problems installing it or getting it to work first time so just wanna say a massive thanks to @crowtrobot and all the other guys for their work on other mods and apps. Sometimes the sim racing community gets a bit of stick for being a bit toxic, but it's with threads like this and others that show how great this community can be and is. Now if only I had a way of making the AI cars use custom liveries...

Thanks a million.

crowtrobot
18-01-2016, 21:32
So, now that several people were able to use it, did someone tested it online ?
Does it work with someone having the same mod settings (is it possible to export/import ?) or not ?
So, good news on this front:

I've put together a version that works online! Ran some tests today with a friend.

Bad news is that I haven't had any luck converting the 'Any' option in multiplayer to 'Multi-Class' as in Solo, so this version overwrites the 'Same Class'/'Current' option for AI. Both parties require the tool running and the same grid configuration for the car selection to work (this is easy though, with sharing the .cfg file). If the other parties don't have the tool running, they'll just get locked into the same car as the host. Still, with both parties running the tool, we had a fun race with the multi-class AI (though the tire-heat bug and some poor pitstop planning kept me from placing higher...). Going to keep investigating before releasing a multiplayer version.

I recently went from being a console gamer to getting a gaming PC. Apart from having loads more sims and not needing to pay extra for online play one of the biggest reasons for making the switch was so I could try out these mods. I've only just got my head around using custom liveries & now tried out this tool & I gotta say it's the feckin bomb. I love it. Had no problems installing it or getting it to work first time so just wanna say a massive thanks to @crowtrobot and all the other guys for their work on other mods and apps. Sometimes the sim racing community gets a bit of stick for being a bit toxic, but it's with threads like this and others that show how great this community can be and is. Now if only I had a way of making the AI cars use custom liveries...

Thanks a million.
I've got a proof of concept working for this, it will be a separate tool once it's ready. Still trying to figure out what the scope of the utility will be.

Blueflight
19-01-2016, 07:28
Yes, a possible custom livery tool in combination with the custom grids would be the best thing ever! Just think of the "real" grids you could have that way!

DragonSyr
19-01-2016, 10:20
I hope your next project to be the custom championship tool :)

Reiche
20-01-2016, 08:18
I've got a proof of concept working for this, it will be a separate tool once it's ready. Still trying to figure out what the scope of the utility will be.

Sounds interesting, I'm excited what your tool will be like. Changing liveries isn't too complicated, but a quite big amount of work and I don't know a "clean" way yet.
Do you want to "only" add liveries or do you want to replace the liveries already in game?

Shadowoff
20-01-2016, 13:22
Hey,
after the new update the mod isnt working on my pc. pCars just Crashs while the loading screen :/
Maybe you need to update it or made something wrong, but I just started custom_grid tool, assigned my grid, started pCars, pCars crashed.
It could also be the mod unlocker. Anyone know where to download the patch 8.0 mod unlocker??

crowtrobot
20-01-2016, 13:35
Hey,
after the new update the mod isnt working on my pc. pCars just Crashs while the loading screen :/
Maybe you need to update it or made something wrong, but I just started custom_grid tool, assigned my grid, started pCars, pCars crashed.
Makes sense, the unlocker is for 7.1. I'll take a look at it later today, if JDougNY doesn't beat me to it. Check racedept for an updated version of the unlocker.

Sounds interesting, I'm excited what your tool will be like. Changing liveries isn't too complicated, but a quite big amount of work and I don't know a "clean" way yet.
Do you want to "only" add liveries or do you want to replace the liveries already in game?
Both. Just a matter of writing a few extra functions. The proof-of-concept has the user point the tool to a directory containing the custom liveries. From there, they can select any or all of the custom liveries in that folder, and add them to the car's livery list. They'll also be able to remove liveries from the list, which would enable you to 'replace' the liveries in game if you wanted. You could also use the Custom Grid tool (once it's working again) to limit the livery selection as well.

John Hargreaves
20-01-2016, 13:55
So one day we might be able to run say a full F1/FA grid with authentic community created liveries? Now that would be superb.

Any possibility to edit AI driver names? If there was a tool for that you could create grids for any race from history that we had cars and tracks for.

Wow. Thanks for all the work on this so far Crow, keep it coming.

Shadowoff
20-01-2016, 14:09
Makes sense, the unlocker is for 7.1. I'll take a look at it later today, if JDougNY doesn't beat me to it. Check racedept for an updated version of the unlocker.

Do I only need to update mod_unlocker or also your custom_grid mod?

crowtrobot
20-01-2016, 14:21
Do I only need to update mod_unlocker or also your custom_grid mod?
Should only need to update the unlocker, the tool should be unaffected.

So one day we might be able to run say a full F1/FA grid with authentic community created liveries? Now that would be superb.

Any possibility to edit AI driver names? If there was a tool for that you could create grids for any race from history that we had cars and tracks for.

Wow. Thanks for all the work on this so far Crow, keep it coming.
AI Drivers are next on the list. And yes, you'd be able to assemble an authentic F1 grid with custom liveries. Codemasters' games will be obsolete once we figure out the AI :)

Blueflight
20-01-2016, 15:33
Fantastic news!

McKiernan
20-01-2016, 16:21
Both. Just a matter of writing a few extra functions. The proof-of-concept has the user point the tool to a directory containing the custom liveries. From there, they can select any or all of the custom liveries in that folder, and add them to the car's livery list. They'll also be able to remove liveries from the list, which would enable you to 'replace' the liveries in game if you wanted. You could also use the Custom Grid tool (once it's working again) to limit the livery selection as well.

That sounds fantastic man. I bet there are some livery creators out there that would love this tool. So if I'm getting this right, you could use this tool to, for example re-create say a 24 hr Nurbergring Nordschleife with GT3 Cars once you added all the correct liveries added. I'd never play career mode again lol.

Pamellaaa
20-01-2016, 16:47
Does this mean that something similar to Trading Paints for iracing might be theoretically possible? allowing a group of racers to each have a number of different custom liveries installed and for them all to show up correctly in online multiplayer?

crowtrobot
20-01-2016, 22:16
Just an update that there is a new unlocker by Autoprophet (thanks!) and I confirmed the Tool works with the newest unlocker. I will consider making the tool standalone in a new version.

Does this mean that something similar to Trading Paints for iracing might be theoretically possible? allowing a group of racers to each have a number of different custom liveries installed and for them all to show up correctly in online multiplayer?
The idea is that the user will have a folder of liveries, and run the tool and the liveries will be added to the cars list of liveries (or replaced, depending on what the user wants to do). This livery file and the folder of livery textures could then be shared as a package so that others could see and choose from the liveries as well.

Shadowoff
20-01-2016, 22:23
Just an update that there is a new unlocker by Autoprophet (thanks!) and I confirmed the Tool works with the newest unlocker. I will consider making the tool standalone in a new version

Where can I download the new unlocker? Could you maybe link it? Thanks in advance

McKiernan
20-01-2016, 22:46
Where can I download the new unlocker? Could you maybe link it? Thanks in advance

I believe this is it. http://autoprophets.weebly.com/home/unpacked-boot-files-for-project-cars

Just so I'm clear, with this new unlocker do I just unrar it in the pcars folder like I did with the last one, and use the JSGME to activate it like before? Do I need to uninstall the previous MODS folder first? Thanks

crowtrobot
20-01-2016, 23:09
Just so I'm clear, with this new unlocker do I just unrar it in the pcars folder like I did with the last one, and use the JSGME to activate it like before? Do I need to uninstall the previous MODS folder first? Thanks
You can just extract the folder containing the unlocker to the MODS directory, then activate it as before. 7.1 unlocker should be de-activated, then can be removed.

Pamellaaa
20-01-2016, 23:21
The idea is that the user will have a folder of liveries, and run the tool and the liveries will be added to the cars list of liveries (or replaced, depending on what the user wants to do). This livery file and the folder of livery textures could then be shared as a package so that others could see and choose from the liveries as well.

Excellent, I guess it is too early to tell if the game would transmit the livery identity (name, number IDK what it uses) correctly over multiplayer when liveries had been added or do you know this will work, it would be excellent if it did.

McKiernan
20-01-2016, 23:23
You can just extract the folder containing the unlocker to the MODS directory, then activate it as before. 7.1 unlocker should be de-activated, then can be removed.

Cheers mate :applause:

I can't seem to get this working now. The custom grid tool opens as before but when I click to add a car it the tool closes

bman1972x
21-01-2016, 00:49
Cheers mate :applause:

I can't seem to get this working now. The custom grid tool opens as before but when I click to add a car it the tool closes

I've got the same problem. Crashed when I add a car. Also can no longer load my saved grids.

crowtrobot
21-01-2016, 00:54
Figured out the issue, the new unlocker from Autoprophet is missing some files necessary for the Grid Tool. Working on a standalone now.

bman1972x
21-01-2016, 01:17
Figured out the issue, the new unlocker from Autoprophet is missing some files necessary for the Grid Tool. Working on a standalone now.

I found that removing the 7.1 Unlocker from the Activated mods in JSGME caused it to crash for me. Leave both 7.1 and 8.0 in and it works without crashing and I can also load my grid.

Doing the above allowed me to load my GT3 grid. However, because my grid was only GT3 cars I selected "Same Class" in Quick Race and I did not get my grid, I got a random GT3 grid instead. Changed it to multi class and its now working. Not a big deal but I thought I should let people know that you always need to pick "multi class" even if you grid is "same class" or "identical".

Awsome app crow and thanks for your quick response. Much appreciated.

bman1972x
21-01-2016, 02:40
Actually crow I'm now getting a bigger problem. Having 7.1, 8.0 and Custom Grid in activated mods in JSGME allows me to load my grid as per above. After loading the grid I can verify that it is correct while in the garage in practice session. However, when I go to leave the pits in practice on a QRW, the car either remains stationary or drives straight ahead into the pit wall out of the garage and I can't get control of it. Tried numerous tracks with the same result.

So I closed both pCars and Custom Grid. Restarted pCars without Custom Grid and I get the same problem. To fix I went into steam and did a game cache integrity check which game back with a number (80 something) of errors and steam re-downloaded the files. Went back into pCars without Custom Grid and all was working ok.

Then closed pCars and started custom grid, loaded my grid and fired up pCars. Got the same problem trying to leave the garage for practice in a QRW, car does not turn when leaving the garage to start a lap, goes straight ahead into the pit wall. Went back to steam and did another game cache integrity check. Again it found some errors, only 9 as compared to 80 odd the previous time. After these 9 files were re-downloaded pCars was working again without custom grid.

Never had an issue prior to patch 8. Anyone else getting this problem?

PS. Yes I downloaded the latest version of JSGME from Autoprophet.

crowtrobot
21-01-2016, 03:21
Actually crow I'm now getting a bigger problem. Having 7.1, 8.0 and Custom Grid in activated mods in JSGME allows me to load my grid as per above. After loading the grid I can verify that it is correct while in the garage in practice session. However, when I go to leave the pits in practice on a QRW, the car either remains stationary or drives straight ahead into the pit wall out of the garage and I can't get control of it. Tried numerous tracks with the same result.

So I closed both pCars and Custom Grid. Restarted pCars without Custom Grid and I get the same problem. To fix I went into steam and did a game cache integrity check which game back with a number (80 something) of errors and steam re-downloaded the files. Went back into pCars without Custom Grid and all was working ok.

Then closed pCars and started custom grid, loaded my grid and fired up pCars. Got the same problem trying to leave the garage for practice in a QRW, car does not turn when leaving the garage to start a lap, goes straight ahead into the pit wall. Went back to steam and did another game cache integrity check. Again it found some errors, only 9 as compared to 80 odd the previous time. After these 9 files were re-downloaded pCars was working again without custom grid.

Never had an issue prior to patch 8. Anyone else getting this problem?

PS. Yes I downloaded the latest version of JSGME from Autoprophet.
Yeah, there's something up with the unlocker. I'm having issues with files validating as well. Updated the first post to put this on hold for a bit until things get sorted.

bman1972x
21-01-2016, 03:54
Yeah, there's something up with the unlocker. I'm having issues with files validating as well. Updated the first post to put this on hold for a bit until things get sorted.

Thanks crow. No probs. I hope my comments above provide some help.

Shadowoff
21-01-2016, 12:43
Will you post the mod_unlocker here?

crowtrobot
21-01-2016, 15:22
Will you post the mod_unlocker here?
I'm backing off the idea of a stand-alone release, it's my opinion that the community would be better served by a unified unlocker package, than by each mod distributing its own version of the unlocked files. Trying to coordinate with JDougNY and Autoprophet so that we can move forward and streamline this for the next update. Will update here again when this is sorted, sorry for the delay.

Shadowoff
21-01-2016, 16:28
I'm backing off the idea of a stand-alone release, it's my opinion that the community would be better served by a unified unlocker package, than by each mod distributing its own version of the unlocked files. Trying to coordinate with JDougNY and Autoprophet so that we can move forward and streamline this for the next update. Will update here again when this is sorted, sorry for the delay.

No problem : )

lewmar1
21-01-2016, 17:48
This Is fantastic!! The Proto's and GT's finally get to play together

IJOJOI
21-01-2016, 18:12
So where to download the "new" unlocker??

Shadowoff
21-01-2016, 18:20
So where to download the "new" unlocker??

Crowtrobot is currently working on it (if I understood him right). The mod_unlocker made by autoprophet isn´t working for the custom_grid mod :/

IJOJOI
21-01-2016, 18:48
There is already a new unlocker ;)

https://mega.nz/#!l0ElVRzA!bURNQWGm1f_ymE5SoAk1hBj3sCcMJvZdtvQOr6-3cKk

Shadowoff
21-01-2016, 18:53

This is the not working mod_unlocker... :/

crowtrobot
21-01-2016, 18:58

This updated unlocker will not work either, same issue as before.

IJOJOI
21-01-2016, 19:44
I just experianced that too..
It works with the Handling mod though.

I'll just wait :P

crowtrobot
21-01-2016, 23:30
OK, good news everyone! There's a new Dacia Sandero! ...also, Autoprophet ZR and I (JDougNY has been included in the discussion as well) are beginning to organize a collaborative unlocker as a base for all modders. If you are interested in modding for Project CARS and need unlocker files, please contact us and you will be added as a contributor and the files will be systematically added to the unlocker as needed, then re-uploaded as a final branch to a public share such as mega or MediaFire.

Until this gets an initial release, I've uploaded a patchfile here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc15i99kdw9uz9k/pCARS_Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0.zip

The patch will get installed after the Autoprophet unlocker, your JSGME should look like this:

I'll bring that link down once the first release of the communal unlocker is out. First post has been updated.

nhitrac
22-01-2016, 11:26
Hmm didnt work for me.

Well the custom grids worked but the cars just drove straight into the walls in pitlane.Then when skipped to race, none of the AI cars took off on green light.

Tried disabling all in JSGAME but pCars just hung on startup so am now 'verifying integrity'...

This is with Autophropet's and your patchfile for 8.0

crowtrobot
22-01-2016, 12:34
Hmm didnt work for me.

Well the custom grids worked but the cars just drove straight into the walls in pitlane.Then when skipped to race, none of the AI cars took off on green light.

Tried disabling all in JSGAME but pCars just hung on startup so am now 'verifying integrity'...

Can you post what car and track combo this was? And if you had other mods enabled? I tested with quali and race on several tracks and with different car groups and did not see this problem. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I would need more detail to replicate. Thanks!

bman1972x
22-01-2016, 13:37
Hmm didnt work for me.

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday before crows custom grid 8.0.

With custom grid 8.0 its all good for me. Although I have only tried GT3 at Oschersleben.

If you tried it before custom grid 8.0 it will cause issues. I had to "verify integrity" yesterday after my problems as well. I'd try it again after you finish your "integrity" check.

Goothrey
22-01-2016, 23:30
Yeah, using "Unpacked Boot Files for patch 8.0" and "pCars_Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0" it is like a scene from M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening". Cars will operate fine in practice until you click "drive" and then they all start to go haywire. Track: Monza, Grid size: 31, Car: #58 Mclaren 12C GT3. No other mods installed. Grid is made up of a mix of LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 cars. This occurred in practice session for a Quick Weekend race.

crowtrobot
22-01-2016, 23:46
Yeah, using "Unpacked Boot Files for patch 8.0" and "pCars_Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0" it is like a scene from M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening". Cars will operate fine in practice until you click "drive" and then they all start to go haywire. Track: Monza, Grid size: 31, Car: #58 Mclaren 12C GT3. No other mods installed. Grid is made up of a mix of LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 cars. This occurred in practice session for a Quick Weekend race.
When did you get Autoprophet's 8.0 unlocker? I think there may have been a point when it was first released that it was bugged. It was updated a few hours later. Uninstall all of the mods, verify your cache and see if that helps.

I just tried your combo and had no issues:

beetes_juice
23-01-2016, 00:01
Quick question: Should we remove all old files?

Basically start from scratch and substitute JDougNY unlocker with Autoprophet's and your original tool with the 8.0 patch download?

Edit: Got it working. Had an issue with a stand still on the starting grid using a saved grid. Made a new one and worked.

Goothrey
23-01-2016, 00:47
When did you get Autoprophet's 8.0 unlocker? I think there may have been a point when it was first released that it was bugged. It was updated a few hours later. Uninstall all of the mods, verify your cache and see if that helps.

I just tried your combo and had no issues:

I got it directly from Autoprophet-ZR's site from a post with a 1/21/2016 time stamp. Says it's the latest version. I'll look around.

For reference, here is driving straight into the wall (Monza, Practice Mode, Audi R8 LMS):

http://s25.postimg.org/lqavj42cf/2016_01_22_00001.jpg

Goothrey
23-01-2016, 01:23
UPDATE:

It's working.

1) Disable all mods
2) Verify game cache (10 files were missing for me) Steam --> Right click on Project Cars --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache
3) Enable Unpacked Boot Files
4) Enable Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0

*Also, thanks for the awesome mod, crowtrobot

crowtrobot
23-01-2016, 02:23
So, a little teaser for the next project: Custom Livery Tool

The tool will allow for users to add as many custom liveries to a car as they wish. Leagues will be able to assemble packages of custom liveries for their members so that everyone will be able to see each other's livery; no more limitations to one slot.

This UI is a bit more complex, so there's a lot of testing to be done; this is an early, functional prototype. Still lots of bugs to sort out within the UI, and I need to figure out the best way to distribute the package - it unfortunately requires all cars' exterior models to be unlocked from their pakfiles, which is a time consuming process, and a large download.

Demo liveries by FLX81:

Shadowoff
23-01-2016, 09:36
WTF... At the beginning I never believed, there would be an option to choose more then 1 custom livery and now I see this... Thanks Croetrobot for youre awesome work. But how can I say which livery I will race with?

goon
23-01-2016, 09:39
This looks great. Was there ever any result in investigating if we can choose which drivers are on the grid?

Pamellaaa
23-01-2016, 09:41

The tool will allow for users to add as many custom liveries to a car as they wish. Leagues will be able to assemble packages of custom liveries for their members so that everyone will be able to see each other's livery; no more limitations to one slot.

This UI is a bit more complex, so there's a lot of testing to be done; this is an early, functional prototype. Still lots of bugs to sort out within the UI, and I need to figure out the best way to distribute the package - it unfortunately requires all cars' exterior models to be unlocked from their pakfiles, which is a time consuming process, and a large download.

Amazing work, can't wait to see this released, if you need any testing work done let me know, would be happy to help and I am sure I can get a few others involved for online testing too as and when its required.

miagi
23-01-2016, 09:46

Demo liveries by FLX81:

Awesome!
By Racers for Racers, that's how it really works.

Gopher04
23-01-2016, 10:03
Really good work crowtrobot and is really appreciated ;) shame it takes someone to do a mod for it, rather than actually be part of the game already..

FR-Alan
23-01-2016, 12:31
Really good work crowtrobot and is really appreciated ;) shame it takes someone to do a mod for it, rather than actually be part of the game already..

+1!

Lars Geraae
23-01-2016, 12:33

What he said, and one's patience is put to the test.

GREAT WORK !! And combined with the Crew Chief v4, it will be the game of the year for me. Le mans and ALMS all year out. GOOD JOB, genlemen !

eracerhead
23-01-2016, 14:30
Awesome work, folks. If there's any chance that the setup files could be likewise modded to allow multiple entries, the simworld would beat a path to your door...

Bill Harrison
23-01-2016, 19:42
I've sat back and waited patiently, I always believed we'd see this happen eventually...O Happy Day! I am absolutely thrilled that we can finally do some car sets for this spectacular Sim!

THANK-YOU!!!

Lars Geraae
23-01-2016, 20:55
Oh, all that waiting and been impatient...:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLGRuQ2X8s

Martreb
23-01-2016, 21:38
Amazing!

Lars Geraae
24-01-2016, 16:12
Can't it be removed...just a thought, could be misleading :confused:

crowtrobot
24-01-2016, 18:22
Can what be removed?

Both files are required for the mod. The patch is only temporary until Autoprophet updates the unlocker, at which point the patch link will be removed.

Shadowoff
24-01-2016, 21:05
Is the mod working now with the new unlocker & new version?

Lars Geraae
24-01-2016, 21:07
OMG ! Sorry, I did not think it worked and waited for a new Updated version, but it should work? Just DL the two files ? But it stands with big red words, that's parently confused me.

crowtrobot
24-01-2016, 21:57
Is the mod working now with the new unlocker & new version?

OMG ! Sorry, I did not think it worked and waited for a new Updated version, but it should work? Just DL the two files ? But it stands with big red words, that's parently confused me.
Yes, it is working. Downloads required are: Autoprophet's 8.0 unlocker, Custom Grid, and Custom Grid Patch 8.0. It got a little confusing since there were different releases of the Unlocker package right after the pCARS 8.0 update; hopefully it will be more streamlined in the future, sorry for the confusion. I've updated the front page to make it more clear (removed warning text, listed required files).

nhitrac
24-01-2016, 22:12
Forgot to update: it's working again for me after verifying the game and redownloading the files.

Thanks mate

Lars Geraae
25-01-2016, 00:21
Got it working only two times. Verifyed Pcars. Enabled JSGME and pcars_Custom_Grid. First a test pack with 24 cars om Mazda Laguna Sega Raceway. Working like a charme. Got out of Pcars, saved it and clear. New grid, allso with 24 cars, LMP1 - LMP2 - GT3 - and GT4.
Won't work. Used over 1½hours trying to figure any logic way to make it work again. Verifyed it again, but in vain. Nothing seems to work....

crowtrobot
25-01-2016, 00:52
Won't work. Used over 1½hours trying to figure any logic way to make it work again. Verifyed it again, but in vain. Nothing seems to work....
Sorry you're having problems. Can you describe what you mean by 'doesn't work'? Does the app load? Did 'Assign Grid' work? Are you using 'Multi Class' in quick race? Is something crashing? Need more info.

mancart
25-01-2016, 09:26
I Also have a problem since the patch 8.0.

When i Try to make a race with LMP1 and GT3, by using this mod I have only GT3 and LMP1, so that's the good point.

The problem is: Cars List InGame doesn't match with what I put on the mod.

For exemple if I chose to race with 14 P1 and 20 GT3, I have in Game 9 or 10 P1 and 24 GT3. Moreover the P1 ingame are not the P1 chosen in custom grid tool, same for the GT3.

Lars Geraae
25-01-2016, 11:36
I activate it by double click on JSGME, and do the same with pCars_Custom_Grid, LOAD grid and Assign Grid. Starting Project cars, choosing Quick race, Multiclass and enter the track. Nothing crashing, just don't work.
Can you explan, step by step what to do, to make it work, in other words, the right way to activate custom grid ? I would appreciate it. :)

Loaded grid.

crowtrobot
25-01-2016, 12:31
I activate it by double click on JSGME, and do the same with pCars_Custom_Grid, LOAD grid and Assign Grid. Starting Project cars, choosing Quick race, Multiclass and enter the track. Nothing crashing, just don't work.
Can you explan, step by step what to do, to make it work, in other words, the right way to activate custom grid ? I would appreciate it. :)
Hi Lars, thank you for the more detailed reply. All of those screens look good. Are you leaving the tool running when you go into pCARS?

The tool resets all the files it changes when you close it.

Also, are you choosing a car that is on that grid? If not, the game won't know to associate the cars in the list with the player car. Send me a PM if it is still not working.

Shadowoff
25-01-2016, 13:02
Hey,
as soon as I want to enable the pCars_Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0 at JSGME I get a message: "Enabling this mod *may* have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this mod"
Do I need to say "Yes" or "No"?

Shadowoff
25-01-2016, 13:09
Hey,
as soon as I want to enable the pCars_Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0 at JSGME I get a message: "Enabling this mod *may* have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this mod"
Do I need to say "Yes" or "No"?

´Nevermind....

Lars Geraae
25-01-2016, 13:14
OMG !!

I'm SO sorry for my stupidy !! That line where you wrote; "Also, are you choosing a car that is on that grid? If not, the game won't know to associate the cats in the list with the player car."
That was it...it was on the car I had choosen as the first when I tested the Mod, a AM GTE...and had choosen a new AM GT3 in the new loadout and forgot to change it...OMG!! So sorry for all that confusing and the time you used on a stupid old grumpy man...so sorry ! :sorrow:

crowtrobot
25-01-2016, 13:23
I Also have a problem since the patch 8.0.

When i Try to make a race with LMP1 and GT3, by using this mod I have only GT3 and LMP1, so that's the good point.

The problem is: Cars List InGame doesn't match with what I put on the mod.

For exemple if I chose to race with 14 P1 and 20 GT3, I have in Game 9 or 10 P1 and 24 GT3. Moreover the P1 ingame are not the P1 chosen in custom grid tool, same for the GT3.
By P1, you mean LMP1 or P1 as in grid position? The tool doesn't do anything to arrange the grid-order, just the cars on it.

In your example, you have 34 cars (14 LMP1 and 20 GT3 lets say). In the Quick Race Menu, you should choose 33 Opponents, and be sure to choose one of the liveries on the list for yourself. If you have defined extra cars in the tool, say 40, and choose a grid of 34, there is no guarantee you'll get exactly what you defined; it seems to fill in at random.

mancart
25-01-2016, 13:47
Sorry I mean LMP1. Yes I respect all that you said, I will make new test today. 34 cars (me +33 opponents) a normal livery ( Toyota TS040 n°7 , I put number 8 and 7 in the mod's list).

Maybe I have this problem because some of the tracks can't have so many cars on it.

For the exemple if I put 40 cars on the grid tool and i try to race on laguna seca (24 cars maximum I guess) maybe the game will fill the grid at random.

Exemple :My last solo race was on laguna seca and then i put LeMans so when i went in solo race the parameters were on 24 cars, when i put Lemans i switch back on 40 cars. Maybe the custom grid set up are lost because of this limit even if I switch on a bigger track after being on a small one.

Thank you very much for your response crowtroboto.

crowtrobot
25-01-2016, 14:16
Maybe I have this problem because some of the tracks can't have so many cars on it.

For the exemple if I put 40 cars on the grid tool and i try to race on laguna seca (24 cars maximum I guess) maybe the game will fill the grid at random.

Exemple :My last solo race was on laguna seca and then i put LeMans so when i went in solo race the parameters were on 24 cars, when i put Lemans i switch back on 40 cars. Maybe the custom grid set up are lost because of this limit even if I switch on a bigger track after being on a small one.

Thank you very much for your response crowtroboto.
Looks like that is the issue. The tool works by using the livery configurations to limit the number of cars available to fill the pool of AI. The #of AI opponents must be N-1 the number of cars defined by the tool (or N -x once multiplayer is more thoroughly tested), otherwise you have too many in the available "pool" and you don't get exactly what you want. Someone suggested a few pages back to add a track chooser and impose a limit on the number of cars depending on the allowed grid size of the track - this is a good idea. I may get around to implementing something, but for now I want to get this livery tool out and then maybe I'll come back to it. Glad it's sorted.

@Lars Geraae
No worries, glad it was something simple :)

IJOJOI
25-01-2016, 15:24
Hi crowtrobot!

where should the files in the 8.0 patch go to??

crowtrobot
25-01-2016, 15:30
Hi crowtrobot!

where should the files in the 8.0 patch go to??
The image in Lars' post above is perfect: the MODS directory should have 3 folders in it: Unpacked bootfiles for patch 8.0 (Autoprophet's unlocker), pCARS_Custom_Grid_Patch_8_0, and Custom_Grid. The Unpacked bootfiles should be activated first, then activate the pCARS_Custom_Grid_Patch. It may warn of overwriting files, if it does, this is fine.

IJOJOI
25-01-2016, 16:30
I see, thx!

McKiernan
25-01-2016, 17:20
I just realised I'm getting as excited for this custom livery tool as I was for the games release :tennis:

FR-Alan
25-01-2016, 19:15
Hi guys, does anybody tried the custom grid mixing GT3 and the Renault RS 01 ? Could be hot result :D

mancart
25-01-2016, 20:00
Hum, so i just test the mod with only 25 cars. So I still have the same, I can control the classes in the race but not the cars in it.
With the 25 cars I still have the same trouble as with 35. I'll to reinstall all this stuff and i'll give my results.

Shadowoff
25-01-2016, 21:00
For me everything is working fine. Cant wait for the custom_livery tool ;D

Shadowoff
26-01-2016, 12:33
Is the custom livery tool working together with the custom grid mod?

reckonair
26-01-2016, 12:55
Hey Guys,

Trying to create a 56 car grid for Le Mans with the correct classes, the grid is assigned fine but when I boot the game I get an "Decompressing Asset" error:

A screenshot of my mods folder (I couldn't find a link to autoprophets unlocker so I used JDougNY's instead and enabled it with JSME)

Thanks,
Sam

crowtrobot
26-01-2016, 13:07
Hey Guys,

Trying to create a 56 car grid for Le Mans with the correct classes, the grid is assigned fine but when I boot the game I get an "Decompressing Asset" error:

A screenshot of my mods folder (I couldn't find a link to autoprophets unlocker so I used JDougNY's instead and enabled it with JSME)

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam, thanks for the detailed report. JDougNY's 7.1 unlocker will not work.

Google "Autoprophet weebly" and you will find what you're looking for. I don't want to link directly, for reasons mentioned upthread.

crowtrobot
28-01-2016, 04:12
Not the most exciting screenshots in the world, but had some successful testing with the upcoming Custom Livery Tool in multiplayer:

Will be doing some more large-scale testing, but if all goes well, I'm hoping to get the first version out next week. Special thanks to FLX81 and Pamellaaa for gritting it out through some buggy builds.

Shadowoff
28-01-2016, 15:21
Not the most exciting screenshots in the world, but had some successful testing with the upcoming Custom Livery Tool in multiplayer:

Will be doing some more large-scale testing, but if all goes well, I'm hoping to get the first version out next week. Special thanks to FLX81 and Pamellaaa for gritting it out through some buggy builds.

Is the mod working together with the custom grid mod?

crowtrobot
28-01-2016, 15:29
Is the mod working together with the custom grid mod?
Yes, the Custom Grid tool runs on top of whatever livery configuration files are present and "activated" in the game - so a user could use the Livery Tool to get the liveries that they want configured for a particular car, activate the Livery mod, then run the Grid Tool and the newly customized livery set will show up in the Tool to be placed on the grid.

Example - if a user wanted to have a Custom Grid of 98Ts with authentic liveries vs. Formula A's with authentic liveries , they would:

Run Custom livery tool to add the custom liveries for the 98T and FA.
Activate the Custom Livery mod
Run the Custom Grid tool to pick and choose which of the 98T and FA cars they wanted on the grid.

GPF1 Did
28-01-2016, 22:55
yeah I can not wait !!!

bman1972x
29-01-2016, 10:34
Crow the custom livery editor looks great. 2 questions:

1. Will this allow you to assign a custom livery on cars that don't allow a custom livery like the McLaren 12C GT3?

2. Have you had any luck with selecting/locking in specific AI driver names on custom grid?

Shadowoff
29-01-2016, 10:36

1. Will this allow you to assign a custom livery on cars that don't allow a custom livery like the McLaren 12C GT3?

2. Have you had any luck with selecting/locking in specific AI driver names on custom grid?

SMS wouldnt allow changing McLaren livery I think :/

crowtrobot
29-01-2016, 13:41

coughcoughhavnettestedbutdontseewhynotcoughcough
No. GF is already going to kill me with all the time spent getting this livery tool running. It's next on the list though; I'd like to understand the AI more to A) do what you mentioned, and B) to be able to conditionally tune the aggressiveness so FA/LMP1s aren't so prone to running the player car and themselves off the road.

Shadowoff
29-01-2016, 21:50
Do you have any release DATE for the custom livery tool? Im really looking forwards on your mods! They are awesome.

MelBonkers
30-01-2016, 00:32
Thanx to great help of Crow! I got everything installed and set to go. I figured out I had to start "Unpacked Boot Files for Patch 8.0", "pcars_custom_grid_patch_8_0" and "custom_grid" (in that order) otherwise the tool would kick me out as soon as I select a car (everytime). Then I made my first grid: 55 cars on.....Le Mans of course! 10 Laps of AI carnage and chaos..........and best of all: with the grid that I wanted! What a race! What a tool! Crow, thank you very much for such a fantastic tool: the custom grid tool is simply amazing! From now on I might find myself playing race weekends with AI with the grids exactly as I want them! Job well done mate! Well done!

I have one finding: when running the Custom Grid Tool I keep getting the message "File missing for: mercedes_amg_gt3" in the right bottom corner of the application. Is this a known error/message?

E_Luckow
30-01-2016, 01:39
Probably this is a very stupid question. Well, I am that stupid. :moody:

The so called Autoprophet 8.0 Unlocker is the same that "Unpacked Boot files"? I just can´t find anything named Unlocker.

I have the 32 bits version of JSGME...is that a problem?

My custom grid doesn´t work anymore. After download the patch, I don´t see the 8.0 version running. It´s still Custom_grid

Any help is very appreciated

Shadowoff
30-01-2016, 07:14
Your using ths mod unlocker for patch 7.0. Download Autoprophets modding unlocker. You can find it on race department

bman1972x
30-01-2016, 12:01
Hey Crow I just bought the Stanceworks DLC content and now custom grid doesn't seem to work any more. Not getting any errors like before when we got patch 8. The custom grid tool seems to work when I assign the grid, it says the files were successfully written. But now when I go into pcars its not the grid that I created. I have created a GT3 only grid and in pcars I have set it to multi class. Now I'm getting a multi class grid designated by the game.

Used it yesterday before I got the dlc without a problem. I noticed that there is now a fuel gauge under the tires in the game hud since I got the dlc, so there has definitely been an update post patch 8.

Anyone else having any issues?

E_Luckow
30-01-2016, 12:16
Your using ths mod unlocker for patch 7.0. Download Autoprophets modding unlocker. You can find it on race department

Well, I just can't. Nothing like Autoprophet unlocker.

crowtrobot
30-01-2016, 14:15
I have one finding: when running the Custom Grid Tool I keep getting the message "File missing for: mercedes_amg_gt3" in the right bottom corner of the application. Is this a known error/message?
This is referring to the AMG GT3, not the SLS GT3. The error is because the game includes some of the metadata for the car, but doesn't include the models, so I made sure people can't add cars that are incomplete.

Hey Crow I just bought the Stanceworks DLC content and now custom grid doesn't seem to work any more. Not getting any errors like before when we got patch 8. The custom grid tool seems to work when I assign the grid, it says the files were successfully written. But now when I go into pcars its not the grid that I created. I have created a GT3 only grid and in pcars I have set it to multi class. Now I'm getting a multi class grid designated by the game.

Used it yesterday before I got the dlc without a problem. I noticed that there is now a fuel gauge under the tires in the game hud since I got the dlc, so there has definitely been an update post patch 8.

Anyone else having any issues?
Are you sure you are picking a car from the list you have selected?

I just ran a test selecting 2 of each of the GT3 cars, and took one of the RUFs myself:

Fresh download of my tool from the mediafire site, autoprophet's unlocker, and the custom grid patch.

@E Luckow:
You need autoprophets unlocker. Google autoprophet weebly and you will find it. It doesn't unpack anything from the x64 pakfiles, so you should be ok on 32bit.

crowtrobot
30-01-2016, 14:51
Do you have any release DATE for the custom livery tool? Im really looking forwards on your mods! They are awesome.

No specific date, sorry. When it's done and mostly without bugs, and sooner rather than later. I need to update the Custom Grid tool to include the Falcon/Modern Stockcars in the filters, and I may include a Multiplayer switch in it, so it can be used online. Also I want to verify that the two tools are working together well; I've already found some limitations.

In the mean-time, we had a very successful test with using the Custom Livery Tool to generate a Livery Pack to test ease of distribution (very big thank you to all the testers involved!):

As LamboMantisMan mentioned in another thread - all people need the same game files for the Lobbies to work (it doesn't seem to outright break the game, but the liveries get mis-assigned if everyone doesn't have the right config), so it was critical that the custom livery lists be easy to distribute and install. Worked out well though, everyone saw the right liveries, and even worked in replay (provided there weren't any JIPs/drops).

E_Luckow
30-01-2016, 15:48
Thank you crawtrobot!!!!!!!!!! Back in game! :cool:

Shadowoff
31-01-2016, 08:29
LamboMamtis is realising the new R8 LMS. Can I also choose this car in custom grid/livery mod?

bman1972x
01-02-2016, 12:05
Are you sure you are picking a car from the list you have selected?

I just ran a test selecting 2 of each of the GT3 cars, and took one of the RUFs myself:

Still having the problem. Made sure I selected the car from my grid. Have you got the new Stanceworks dlc? The problem only started after I got the dlc.

Shadowoff
01-02-2016, 13:22

Still having the problem. Made sure I selected the car from my grid. Have you got the new Stanceworks dlc? The problem only started after I got the dlc.

Same problem... After the DLC everything screw up...

crowtrobot
01-02-2016, 13:37
I bought the DLC and had been using it over the weekend without problem when testing with the Custom Livery tool. I'll take a look at it this evening, I'll be releasing a new version soon anyway.

In the meantime, try:

de-activating all MODS via JSGME
verify cache via Steam (right-click Project CARS, Properties, Local Files, Verify integrity of local cache)
re-activate the Unlocker, the Patch, and then run the tool

It's very likely the update might have overwrote some of the mods files, in which case they wouldn't be properly activated, even if it says so on JSGME.

Shadowoff
01-02-2016, 14:16
Thanks, you need to deactivate your mods via JSGME and re-activate them. You will get a warning from JSGME, you need to click "Yes"

Intruder59
01-02-2016, 17:48
Thx for info ...works again :p

DusterBuster
01-02-2016, 21:42
First, thanks for this great mod! Now i can finally race WEC style endurance races, thank you for that.

But my question is, is it possible to run the mod on a seperated game folder? I created a folder on my desktop for the modded game, in order to have a game folder for online and offline, and tried to install the mod on this one. But somehow the mod only works in the standard steam directory? Am I doing something wrong here?

crowtrobot
02-02-2016, 13:25
First, thanks for this great mod! Now i can finally race WEC style endurance races, thank you for that.

But my question is, is it possible to run the mod on a seperated game folder? I created a folder on my desktop for the modded game, in order to have a game folder for online and offline, and tried to install the mod on this one. But somehow the mod only works in the standard steam directory? Am I doing something wrong here?
All links are relative, so it should work in a non-standard location, but you do need to make sure the directory structure is replicated (i.e. <pCARS>/MODS directory with Custom_Grid inside, and the <pCARS>/vehicles folder created by the unlocker and patch. It isn't particularly smart at all about searching out possible paths for files.

In other news, the (hopefully) release version of the Custom Livery tool is out to some testers, won't be long.

NWRAP
02-02-2016, 20:59
Sorry late to the party & cant thank you enough for working on something that should have been included in the game from day 1.

I do have a question though, will the custom livery tool be an all in one app or will it require other's to work?

Cant wait to be able to utilise all the liveries I have done together :)

Thanks again

crowtrobot
02-02-2016, 21:03
Sorry late to the party & cant thank you enough for working on something that should have been included in the game from day 1.

I do have a question though, will the custom livery tool be an all in one app or will it require other's to work?

Cant wait to be able to utilise all the liveries I have done together :)

Thanks again
Custom Livery will be all-in-one. It's mainly targeted for leagues, so I'm making it as easy as possible for someone to download and get a livery package working in-game.

NWRAP
02-02-2016, 21:05
Custom Livery will be all-in-one. It's mainly targeted for leagues, so I'm making it as easy as possible for someone to download and get a livery package working in-game.

Fantastic responce times :)

One other question..Is it able to make multiple skin packs as such so that they would be a drag and drop into game type thing for if your running in multiple leagues?

crowtrobot
02-02-2016, 21:13
Fantastic responce times :)

One other question..Is it able to make multiple skin packs as such so that they would be a drag and drop into game type thing for if your running in multiple leagues?
There is an export button that spits out a self-contained package of the liveries and necessary car data. These will sit in the MODS directory same as anything else, and then they get activated on top of the Custom Livery Tool and show up in-game.

The idea is that one person in the league can assemble the livery package, then it will be distributed to league members who don't have to mess around in the tool, they just activate the tool in JSGME, activate the distributed pack, and are good to go. Users can deactivate one pack, and activate pack #2 for league #2, etc.

LamboMantisMan23
03-02-2016, 08:30
There is an export button that spits out a self-contained package of the liveries and necessary car data. These will sit in the MODS directory same as anything else, and then they get activated on top of the Custom Livery Tool and show up in-game.

Does the tool actually add the lines in the RCF files or just replaced them with a newly made on for the livery package? You ought run into some problems with people adding multiple packages but I'm sure you've got that sorted anyway. Any how are you dealing with naming the liveries in the menu? Will there be some string entry that people can enter in the tool to add to the RCF or have you done it differently?

crowtrobot
03-02-2016, 13:21
Does the tool actually add the lines in the RCF files or just replaced them with a newly made on for the livery package? You ought run into some problems with people adding multiple packages but I'm sure you've got that sorted anyway. Any how are you dealing with naming the liveries in the menu? Will there be some string entry that people can enter in the tool to add to the RCF or have you done it differently?
I try to keep the thread clear of any specifics of altering the files out of respect to SMS, I can share details with you via PM if you want.

In general terms though:

The tool adds new liveries to the cars, it does not rely on replacing anything. It can also remove liveries from cars.
The names are assigned via the tool. I've structured the tool around the current method of adding current liveries, so that existing custom liveries can be added in bulk if desired. You will need a folder (this can be anywhere on the computer) with sub-folders for each livery. The tool uses the name of the folder by default (so if you have a folder /Desktop/Formula A F1 Liveries/ with sub-folders /Desktop/Formula A F1 Liveries/Ferrari #01, /Desktop/Formula A F1 Liveries/RB #02, etc. the names of the liveries will be Ferrari #01 and RB #02, though the user can edit this if they desire.
Users will be limited to one Activated package per car, meaning one Set of liveries per car at a time. The exported package function is mostly targeted at league users to A) make sure everyone has the same files, and B) make that easy to distribute, so users will need to de-activate one package and activate another if running in multiple leagues with the same car. That being said, if a user just wants to build on an existing package for themselves, they can arrange the existing livery files into a directory with the ones they want to add and create a new package.

Assuming the latest build doesn't crash for the testers, it will probably be released later tonight (actually just got an email saying all his tests were good. It will be later tonight :))

NoBrakes
03-02-2016, 16:16
Thanks for this excellent work so far. It's really great how advanced community members come up with such solutions - and I am well aware why it's a big problem to bring such things officially into the game by SMS himself - and I am more than thankfull, that there are community made, tested and supportet solutions like this, that will allow league racing even better. THANKS :victorious:

A question: How about the VAC control system. Does this conform with it or would it be a good advice to reset pCARS to default when going public online and just use it on privat sessions with de-activated VAC-system?

crowtrobot
03-02-2016, 22:22
New version 0.92 uploaded and first post updated

New version is standalone, no unlocker needed. Multiplayer has been tested and working, but is not ready for public release yet. This new version fixes a pretty egregious bug in the livery selection, that was made obvious by the Custom Livery Tool. They now play very well together.

NWRAP
03-02-2016, 22:46
New version 0.92 uploaded and first post updated

New version is standalone, no unlocker needed. Multiplayer has been tested and working, but is not ready for public release yet. This new version fixes a pretty egregious bug in the livery selection, that was made obvious by the Custom Livery Tool. They now play very well together.

Look forward to testing it :)

GPF1 Did
04-02-2016, 12:44
He works with the dedicated server, for leagues ? Thank you
also eagerly awaits the model for personalized skins .... :D
thank you again for your great work

crowtrobot
04-02-2016, 13:20
He works with the dedicated server, for leagues ? Thank you
also eagerly awaits the model for personalized skins .... :D
thank you again for your great work
I worded my last post poorly - I have a verison working online, but its implementation is clunky and could be confusing, so it is not in this release; I'd like to wait a bit and try to find a way to make it better for people before releasing it.

Meant to cross-post here last night, but the Custom Liveries Tool is out!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44730-Custom-Liveries-Tool-Livery-Manager-and-Livery-Package-Export&p=1226847#post1226847

Shadowoff
04-02-2016, 19:48
Hey,
after I using now the custom livery tool, I have an issue... I cant save/load my grid :/ When I click "assign grid" the tool is closing it self...

crowtrobot
04-02-2016, 20:40
Hey,
after I using now the custom livery tool, I have an issue... I cant save/load my grid :/ When I click "assign grid" the tool is closing it self...
Have you activated the mods in the correct order (Custom Grid, Custom Livery, load Custom Grid Tool, then Assign Grid)?

Shadowoff
04-02-2016, 20:48
Have you activated the mods in the correct order (Custom Grid, Custom Livery, load Custom Grid Tool, then Assign Grid)?

Yes. I'll re-install your tools tomorrow, because I got more then only this issue. So I think it was my fault. I'll tell you whether its working then or not.

Mad LL
04-02-2016, 22:22
I had Shadowoff issue too while messing with lists. I have no other mod or unlocker activated.

Let's use the WEC2.cfg list you included in the mod as an example to see how it can happen.

- desactivate / reactivate the mod in JSMGE to start from scratch
- launch the tool through the shortcut
- load the WEC2.cfg list but don't activate it right away
(- I remove both TS040s and the RocketBunny Toyota since I don't own the DLC)
- remove the Aston Martin Hybrid #100 at the top for example
- assign grid
- go back to the GT Category to add the Aston Martin Hybrid #100 back
- assign grid
- crash

crowtrobot
05-02-2016, 00:58
I had Shadowoff issue too while messing with lists. I have no other mod or unlocker activated.

Let's use the WEC2.cfg list you included in the mod as an example to see how it can happen.

- desactivate / reactivate the mod in JSMGE to start from scratch
- launch the tool through the shortcut
- load the WEC2.cfg list but don't activate it right away
(- I remove both TS040s and the RocketBunny Toyota since I don't own the DLC)
- remove the Aston Martin Hybrid #100 at the top for example
- assign grid
- go back to the GT Category to add the Aston Martin Hybrid #100 back
- assign grid
- crash
Thank you very much for the detailed procedure Mad LL. I've repro'd the issue and am coming up with a fix.

In the meantime, I'd recommend resetting/closing between writes, this should avoid the conflict that is causing the crash.

Bealdor
05-02-2016, 07:50
Donate button removed in OP per Ian's request:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44730-Custom-Liveries-Tool-Livery-Manager-and-Livery-Package-Export&p=1227492&viewfull=1#post1227492

DusterBuster
05-02-2016, 21:21
All links are relative, so it should work in a non-standard location, but you do need to make sure the directory structure is replicated (i.e. <pCARS>/MODS directory with Custom_Grid inside, and the <pCARS>/vehicles folder created by the unlocker and patch. It isn't particularly smart at all about searching out possible paths for files.

I tried it again, but i still only get it to work in the default folder. Anyway thanks for the help.

florian3749
07-02-2016, 15:36
I have a problem because r8 lms mod company does not appear in the list. I have an error message "files missing for: _generic_materials "
sorry for my english I 'm french , helped me thank you

TheDoctor46
07-02-2016, 19:21
Just had my first multiclass race w/ 32 AI to simulate WEC@NürburgringGP. What a bloody awesome race I have to admit. How the AI adjusts to the different classes is mindblowing (havent played the career yet^^) Thank you so much for this mod and hats off for the work you put into :yes:

Wendlinger
08-02-2016, 18:20
Sorry I didn't read the 20 pages but, is it possible to have this kind of mod on PS4 (so with and official update)? Because there are great GT and LMP cars but no way to mix it like in real races (WEC, USCC, ..) :(

Telstar
08-02-2016, 20:38
I think I just found typo in the readme file for the new version 0.92. In the readme it says you should set to **Same Class**. However, custom grids only work if you set to **Multiclass**, same as it was in the previous version.

Apart of that, I have another qestion: When creating my own custom grid, I can't select the liveries I previously added in the Custom Livery Tool. What am I doing wrong?

crowtrobot
08-02-2016, 20:55
I think I just found typo in the readme file for the new version 0.92. In the readme it says you should set to **Same Class**. However, custom grids only work if you set to **Multiclass**, same as it was in the previous version.

Apart of that, I have another qestion: When creating my own custom grid, I can't select the liveries I previously added in the Custom Livery Tool. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for pointing that out - left that in from a test version I created for Multiplayer mode. I'll make sure to edit it. The readme for Custom Livery Tool is kind of a mess as well. Will be releasing a new version today or tomorrow, as this mod needs the same HiRes livery fix that the Custom Livery Tool will be getting.

The mods need to be activated and run in a particular order to work together, which I should probably add to both readmes/first posts.

Activate Custom Grid Tool via JSGME.
Run Custom Livery Tool and Assign choices.
Activate Custom Livery Tool via JSGME.
Run Custom Grid Tool, configure, Assign and leave running.

It is a little easier if you create Exported packages with the Custom Livery Tool. Then you can just Activate Custom Grid, Activate the livery packages and then run Custom Grid app. If you make multiple packages, you can copy the files out of the package all into one folder in the MODS directory and activate everything at once, making it even more straightforward. Example: if you export livery packages for Audi GT3, Aston GT3 - copy all of the files out of /MODS/Audi GT3/ and /MODS/Aston GT3, and place the files in a /MODS/AudiandAston directory. Then you should be able to Activate Custom Grid, Activate AudiandAston, and run Custom Grid app and see the new liveries.

EDIT: W.r.t above mentioned MP mode and Custom Grid Tool - I'm still looking into finding a better method that doesn't impact the user experience any more than necessary. It's tested and works (provided host and clients have the same grid.cfg loaded), but it A) still prevents the user from playing career mode, and B) would make both MultiClass and SameClass options in Solo Mode do the same thing. Not sure how valuable an option it is for people; though I have been running WEC grids with myself, a friend and 28 multiclass AI, and that is pretty awesome. Will keep investigating.

Spitfire_88
09-02-2016, 02:06

Hi, i reinstall the game today and reinstall this mod, (the new updated) but not work.
Please help me.

crowtrobot
09-02-2016, 02:32

Hi, i reinstall the game today and reinstall this mod, (the new updated) but not work.
Please help me.

Hi Spitfire,

Can you PM me with the contents of B:\Games\Project CARS\MODS\Custom_Grid_Tool\python\customGridApp\pCARS_Custom_Grid.log? It's a plaintext file, so you should just be able to open it with notepad. Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently this was a "non-Steam" version of the game...

footyad
09-02-2016, 18:19
After i installed this i tried opening the grid assigner through the shortcut provided but it opened then closed straight away.

crowtrobot
09-02-2016, 18:53
After i installed this i tried opening the grid assigner through the shortcut provided but it opened then closed straight away.
Either the mod isn't installed to the right place, the mod hasn't been activated before running the shortcut, or you are using a shortcut from a previous version (the location of the executable changed in 0.92).

If you install fresh, just unzip to the root pCARS directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCARS). This will create a MODS directory with a Custom_Grid sub-directory. Activate the Custom_Grid using JSGME, then run the shortcut and be sure to leave the shortcut running when you run pCARS (the tool resets its changes when you close it).

Spitfire_88
10-02-2016, 02:40
Hi, today test again the mod and works fine, thank you for your support.

Deepblue9917
10-02-2016, 18:37
Hi there,

Cant seem to find a working download link. The link on page 13 does not work. Thank you.

crowtrobot
10-02-2016, 18:54
Hi there,

Cant seem to find a working download link. The link on page 13 does not work. Thank you.
The mod is standalone and only requires the link in the first post.

PlaysK
10-02-2016, 19:05
I have a problem because r8 lms mod company does not appear in the list. I have an error message "files missing for: _generic_materials "
sorry for my english I 'm french , helped me thank you

Same for me.
I needed to disable the mod and the Audi R8 LMS was back.
I uninstalled every mods, restarted, check Steam file integrity, check everything is OK after Audi LMS Install.
The Audi R8 appears only once in the Custom Grid Tool.

Unpacked Boot Files for patch 8.1
Audi R8 1.04
Same message "files missing for: _generic_materials"

Custom Grid Tool is working but without any R8 LMS.

crowtrobot
10-02-2016, 19:17
Same for me.
I needed to disable the mod and the Audi R8 LMS was back.
I uninstalled every mods, restarted, check Steam file integrity, check everything is OK after Audi LMS Install.
The Audi R8 appears only once in the Custom Grid Tool.

Unpacked Boot Files for patch 8.1
Audi R8 1.04
Same message "files missing for: _generic_materials"

Custom Grid Tool is working but without any R8 LMS.
It was working with the beta of the Audi R8 Mod, I'll take a look with the most recent version.

To clarify, your JSGME looks like this:
Unpacked Boot Files for Patch 8.1
Audi R8 1.04
Custom Grid Tool

Then run the too and the Audi mod does not show up?

PlaysK
10-02-2016, 19:50
It was working with the beta of the Audi R8 Mod, I'll take a look with the most recent version.

To clarify, your JSGME looks like this:
Audi R8 1.04
Custom Grid Tool

Then run the too and the Audi mod does not show up?

It shows up at the first launch of the app but it crashed when I select "Assign Grid" with the Audi R8 LMS selected.
Custom Grid works like a charm after that but the Audi R8 is not available through the vehicles list.
Car is removed from Project Cars menu too.

Then I launched JSGME.exe and removed Custom Grid Tool -> Audi R8 LMS is back.

Thanks for your help. In fact I cannot use Audi R8 LMS in Custom Grid Tool but everything else is working.

Great app !

Goothrey
10-02-2016, 20:11
Yeah, it works without the Audi LMS mod but not with it.

JSGME looks like:
Audi R8 1.04
Custom Grid Tool

- Make grid selection with Audi LMS
- Assign Grid (it works as expected to this point)
- Launch pCars
- Audi LMS is not in the vehicle selection list in Solo race weekend. (without custom grid, it is there)

If I make a grid with the Audi LMS and other vehicles with the custom grid tool, what will happen when I start the race is that non Audi LMS vehicles will be correct, but what should be the Audi LMS ends up being a random vehicle.

For what it is worth, the custom grid tool worked with the first version of the Audi LMS (v1.0) but has not worked with (v1.03) and (v1.04).

Hope that is enough information.

crowtrobot
10-02-2016, 20:27
Audi R8 Mod works with the Custom Grid with the following order (sorted it out with PlaysK via PM as not to clog the thread):

Activate:

Custom Grid
Unpacked Boot Files
Audi R8 *make sure to run the .bat file

Run the Tool

The new standalone version of the Custom Grid tool includes it's own vehicle.lst which overwrites the one that the Audi batch file modifies (basically removing the Audi from the list of vehicles for the game). Custom Livery Tool will also have issues due to how the unpacked car data is handled. I'm working out a way to make that compatible with the R8 mod (and future add-on cars).

Eric Rowland
10-02-2016, 22:37
Hey Crow...help! i Don't have a Custom Grid folder in the MODS folder. Fresh install of Boot files 8.1 and Custom Grid Tool 0.92. When I click Assign Grid it closes down. Here is the .log file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pCARS_Custom_Grid.py", line 18, in <module>
File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\PyQt5\uic\__init__.py", line 194, in loadUiType
winfo = compiler.UICompiler().compileUi(uifile, code_string, from_imports, resource_suffix)
File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\PyQt5\uic\Compiler\compiler.py", line 111, in compileUi
w = self.parse(input_stream, resource_suffix)
File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\PyQt5\uic\uiparser.py", line 972, in parse
document = parse(filename)
File "C:\Python34\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1186, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "C:\Python34\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 587, in parse
source = open(source, "rb")
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'pCARS_Custom_Grid.ui'
usage: pCARS_Custom_Grid.exe [-h] direct
pCARS_Custom_Grid.exe: error: the following arguments are required: direct

Thanks for any help!

Worldwideweb
11-02-2016, 10:45
First of all: many thanks for your work!

It is all I wanted after reading (and therefore buying pCars) that SMS got the Le Mans-licence. True multiclass races, WEC or Creventic-24h style, with the upcoming Corvette expansion maybe even IMSA "clones". It was always a negative point for Project cars when I had to choose my racing sim for the evening, it has a very high quality (graphics, tracks, cars, and especially pit stops, weather and night races) but couldn't satisfy my urge to follow my "idols" on track. Now I can, and I'm glad you put Project cars back into competitiveness!

But I do have some questions/issues to report:

I set up a WEC-style grid, assigned it (and saved it previously) and could run it without any problems. Tried to apply a Creventic 24h grid after it and noticed two things:

1. My car list is missing several cars. In the GT category there are no Bentleys, Audi R8 LMS (the vanilla version, not the mod which is not installed) or the McLaren. Didn't try to reinstall it yet, going to do it today in the evening. I could use the ones in your WEC.cfg example file without problems.

2. the grid for my second try (Creventic 24h) didn't overwrite the WEC file when I assigned the grid (both are saved separately). Instead it expanded the WEC-grid with my Creventic, resulting in a very fun race with some LMP1, few LMP2, and many GT3 and Clio Cups. Do I have to manually delete a file after assigning a grid?

Anyway, these are minor points and I'm going to check it today again. Keep up the work, hopefully your girlfriend got to know how happy you made some guys by creating the Custom Grid and the livery tool ;)

Greetings,

Web

crowtrobot
11-02-2016, 13:15
Hey Crow...help! i Don't have a Custom Grid folder in the MODS folder. Fresh install of Boot files 8.1 and Custom Grid Tool 0.92. When I click Assign Grid it closes down. Here is the .log file

Sorry, I thought I posted a reply to this yesterday, but it appears to have disappeared into the ether.

It looks to me like either your download was incomplete or the zipfile was not installed properly. The zip file should just be opened and told to extract to root pCARS directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCARS). The zip has the proper folder structure to put everything where it needs to go. If you do not have a MODS directory with a Custom_Grid folder inside, then something has gone wrong with the install on your end.

But I do have some questions/issues to report:

I set up a WEC-style grid, assigned it (and saved it previously) and could run it without any problems. Tried to apply a Creventic 24h grid after it and noticed two things:

1. My car list is missing several cars. In the GT category there are no Bentleys, Audi R8 LMS (the vanilla version, not the mod which is not installed) or the McLaren. Didn't try to reinstall it yet, going to do it today in the evening. I could use the ones in your WEC.cfg example file without problems.

2. the grid for my second try (Creventic 24h) didn't overwrite the WEC file when I assigned the grid (both are saved separately). Instead it expanded the WEC-grid with my Creventic, resulting in a very fun race with some LMP1, few LMP2, and many GT3 and Clio Cups. Do I have to manually delete a file after assigning a grid?

Anyway, these are minor points and I'm going to check it today again. Keep up the work, hopefully your girlfriend got to know how happy you made some guys by creating the Custom Grid and the livery tool ;)

Greetings,

Web

1. The cars missing from the Class-filtered list is normal. I think this is noted in the readme, but if it is not, I will add it to the next version. You have to use the infinity-symbol to select from All cars, then go by manufacturer, or use the quick-select list. This is the reason why the mod is incompatible with career mode. I'm still hopeful I can figure out a way to avoid this problem (and the incompatibility with career) in the future.

2. The WEC file is just a sample config I included. If you want to add to it and save it for later, click the save button, and a File Dialog will pop up to let you save the new .cfg wherever you want.

Glad you guys are enjoying it :)

Worldwideweb
11-02-2016, 13:44
Sorry, I thought I posted a reply to this yesterday, but it appears to have disappeared into the ether.

1. The cars missing from the Class-filtered list is normal. I think this is noted in the readme, but if it is not, I will add it to the next version. You have to use the infinity-symbol to select from All cars, then go by manufacturer, or use the quick-select list. This is the reason why the mod is incompatible with career mode. I'm still hopeful I can figure out a way to avoid this problem (and the incompatibility with career) in the future.

2. The WEC file is just a sample config I included. If you want to add to it and save it for later, click the save button, and a File Dialog will pop up to let you save the new .cfg wherever you want.

Guess my wording was not clear my bad, I meant the contrary (tool/ingame) for each post :P

1. The cars are missing in the car list of your tool. The categories are not complete, a reinstall of the mod is probably going to solve it. Ingame it shows me category without any icon, and in this category I can find every car (of my custom grid).

2. Here I was referring to the ingame grid. For the first race I assigned a custom version of your WEC sample as a grid, on my second race a fully custom Creventic grid. However ingame it was a mixture of the WEC and Creventic grid.

I'll check out both issues in the afternoon, as in most cases reinstall and reboot is solving it :D

maxx2504
11-02-2016, 13:51
Hi !

I have the same issue. When i click on assign grid, the grid tool close without any errors. But i have also two other mods. The Audi R8 LMS from Dojo and the AI Lights Mod.

Do you have any idea what is the right loading sequence for these mods ?

Currently i have the following:

1. Unpacked boot files for 8.1
2. Custom Grid Tool
3. AI Lights
4. Audi R8 LMS

Anyway the tool works the last time i used it. Bu i guess there is an issue together with other mods ?

EDIT: It works sorry. I thought the tool have to be open. But i guess it normaly close itself when u assign the new grid.

Nice. Sorry !

crowtrobot
11-02-2016, 14:20
Guess my wording was not clear my bad, I meant the contrary (tool/ingame) for each post :P

1. The cars are missing in the car list of your tool. The categories are not complete, a reinstall of the mod is probably going to solve it. Ingame it shows me category without any icon, and in this category I can find every car (of my custom grid).

2. Here I was referring to the ingame grid. For the first race I assigned a custom version of your WEC sample as a grid, on my second race a fully custom Creventic grid. However ingame it was a mixture of the WEC and Creventic grid.

I'll check out both issues in the afternoon, as in most cases reinstall and reboot is solving it :D

1. It's the same sort of issue as the in-game menus. You can just hit the Reset button and the cars should reappear in the GT/LMP1/Openwheel categories.

2. A Reset and re-assignment should sort this out as well. If it does not, save the .cfg and PM it to me and I'll test to see what the issue is.

Hi !

I have the same issue. When i click on assign grid, the grid tool close without any errors. But i have also two other mods. The Audi R8 LMS from Dojo and the AI Lights Mod.

Do you have any idea what is the right loading sequence for these mods ?

Currently i have the following:

1. Unpacked boot files for 8.1
2. Custom Grid Tool
3. AI Lights
4. Audi R8 LMS

Anyway the tool works the last time i used it. Bu i guess there is an issue together with other mods ?

EDIT: It works sorry. I thought the tool have to be open. But i guess it normaly close itself when u assign the new grid.

Nice. Sorry !
It is not supposed to be closing itself after you hit Assign Grid. I am surprised that it works if the tool has closed, as it should be resetting the files it edits on exit (crash or otherwise). Your activation order looks good, but I might suggest swapping the order of 1 & 2, that is to say activate the Custom Grid first, then the Unpacked bootfiles, AI Lights, and Audi R8 LMS *important to remember to run that .bat file here.

These activation orders should all get sorted if the Unpacked boot files included more files from the start, it's confusing now because SMS is still updating and the Unpacked boot files need to keep changing. Hopefully this will get sorted out a little better after the new update from SMS, I've been talking to Autoprophet about including the files necessary for this and Custom Livery Tool with the Unpacked bootfiles so that there is a common base for everyone to work off of.

maxx2504
11-02-2016, 14:27
Hi !

Ok i swapped the order of 1 & 2 and it works too. But the tool still close itself after assign grid.

After i opened it a second time and load my custom grid file, some cars i have in the grid vanished from the category. So it works but i cannot assigned some new skins from the old cars.

I don't whats going on there :D Looks like a problem with the Audis. Idk...

Screenshot:

Deepblue9917
11-02-2016, 17:09
Hi Crowtrobot,
Great work and thank you. I finally got everything I needed yesterday and worked on it last night but I only got as far as:

a) Installed newest version.
b) Had a hard time finding jsgme but finally got it and activated the mod.
c) Opened custom grid tool and tried a small grid.
d) Opened PCars and when going to select a car, the "touring" selection had a white block over it but thats where the few cars were that I selected from the tool.

Having said all that, I am sure it is something I goofed up and this morning I have been reviewing all 22 pages and there is so much information that I am not sure I have everything because I did not install and activate Custom Livery Tool via JSGME. I am not sure if I need the Custom Livery Tool I feel we need an updated clear process. I am going to work on it tonight but look forward to your thoughts/answers. The fact that many others are using it indicates I am not the cheesiest cheeto in the bag and need a little assistance. Thanks so much.

Eric Rowland
11-02-2016, 19:30
Hi again Crow....I downloaded the zip file from the first page and there is no Custom Grid folder in the MODS folder. I am befuddled as I have unzipped the archive to the proper location as you described. There is no Custom Grid file inside the zip archive. I must be doing something wrong on my end and it must be something simple and obvious. :stupid:

crowtrobot
12-02-2016, 22:00
Updated for pCARS Patch 9.0.

Custom Grid Tool 0.94 download link and changelog updated in first post.

Sledgar
13-02-2016, 17:19
Dont we need the unpacked boot files for 9.0? I cant find them yet so i guess we will have to wait?

crowtrobot
13-02-2016, 17:24
Dont we need the unpacked boot files for 9.0? I cant find them yet so i guess we will have to wait?

Not needed, the tool is standalone, though JDougNYs unpacked files are compatible and will allow access to more mods.

licorne06
14-02-2016, 07:19
hello, I'm a race with 8 GT3 with CUSTOM GRID TOOL v0.94 each his customliveries to do a test to my mod customliveries:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44916-IMSA-competition
and there is only me who is. the other are all white BUG ???
thx and very good job

M4MKey
14-02-2016, 18:02
Hey Crowtrobot. I read some time ago that you made some test with MP compatibility. Any more info on this now ? :)

crowtrobot
14-02-2016, 18:22
Hey Crowtrobot. I read some time ago that you made some test with MP compatibility. Any more info on this now ? :)
It works provided everyone uses the same .cfg. By works, I mean when joining the lobby, players have the same choice of Multi-class cars, and the AI (if any are used) follow that grid as well. Also you can set up an MP lobby for yourself to take advantage of the "Mandatory Pit" option with AI, which is great fun with the mixed-class racing.

But the way I implemented it overwrites the 'Single Class' filter, since that was the only filter immediately obvious to me that is common to both MP and SP menus. This is obviously not very intuitive - "Set up your multi-class grid, then choose Single Class, (not multi-class) to get your Multi-class grid".

I'm still looking into a better way to implement this. If I can't find one, I'll just release the test build I have so that the functionality is at least there.

balderz002
15-02-2016, 21:12
Hey crowtrobot, downloaded the tool, and I feel this may make pcars1 last all the way up to the pcars2 launch now! Great stuff!

Interesting custom grid if anyone wants to try it..... Run a road d grid, then add the '66 Mustang and 2002 Turbo. Really good fun!

KkDrummer
16-02-2016, 12:48
hey Crowtrobot, any chance this mod can evolve into a custom championship?

crowtrobot
16-02-2016, 19:53
hey Crowtrobot, any chance this mod can evolve into a custom championship?
No and yes.

I sort of started with the intention of making 'modules' that would build into a custom championship that could maybe use the Shared Memory along with its own record-keeping to do an out-of-game championship.

I've also almost finished decoding the career_championship binary files that control the various Career Events, which would be another approach to the same problem, but would remain in-engine. Grid Tool probably wouldn't come into play in this solution, at least not in its current form. This second idea would have an interface that is run before the game, allows the user to customize the tracks/conditions for the Formula C US Cup, then edits the career accordingly, and the user would enter the Formula C career path as normal.

What's not clear to me right now is how the AI are selected, and how they are held constant throughout the career, which is a problem for the first solution. For the second solution: manipulation of the included events is pretty straightforward - write a byte here, write a byte there to change the time of day/weather/track, etc. for a particular session in an event; but adding details to a session (extra weather conditions, extra sessions) is tricky. Adding a whole new event, from what I can tell, would mean changing several more files, which I've yet to fully decode.

Long story short...I'm hoping it can :)

balderz002
16-02-2016, 20:35
I love this!

Tried Historic B (Aston DBR1) and Historic C (Merc 300SL) multiclass race. I tried it at Oschersleben, but can only imagine how cool would be at Rouen! The Merc's aren't that far off the pace!

KkDrummer
17-02-2016, 10:53
No and yes.

I sort of started with the intention of making 'modules' that would build into a custom championship that could maybe use the Shared Memory along with its own record-keeping to do an out-of-game championship.

I've also almost finished decoding the career_championship binary files that control the various Career Events, which would be another approach to the same problem, but would remain in-engine. Grid Tool probably wouldn't come into play in this solution, at least not in its current form. This second idea would have an interface that is run before the game, allows the user to customize the tracks/conditions for the Formula C US Cup, then edits the career accordingly, and the user would enter the Formula C career path as normal.

What's not clear to me right now is how the AI are selected, and how they are held constant throughout the career, which is a problem for the first solution. For the second solution: manipulation of the included events is pretty straightforward - write a byte here, write a byte there to change the time of day/weather/track, etc. for a particular session in an event; but adding details to a session (extra weather conditions, extra sessions) is tricky. Adding a whole new event, from what I can tell, would mean changing several more files, which I've yet to fully decode.

Long story short...I'm hoping it can :)

This would be amazing, I hope you can! It would make the wait for PCars2 painless!

kfirboss
18-02-2016, 20:56
In the future, Is it possible to add an custom image to the combined class?

crowtrobot
26-02-2016, 02:52
v0.95 is out! First post updated.

Corrects an issue with the livery count in the HR liveries that was throwing off the livery selection in-game.

M4MKey
26-02-2016, 10:27
It works provided everyone uses the same .cfg....[]
But the way I implemented it overwrites the 'Single Class' filter, since that was the only filter immediately obvious to me that is common to both MP and SP menus. This is obviously not very intuitive - "Set up your multi-class grid, then choose Single Class, (not multi-class) to get your Multi-class grid"....

So, you're saying that we must choose single class on MP lobbies , and Multi-Class on Quick Race? :) I may try this with a friend this weekend. ^^

crowtrobot
26-02-2016, 14:07
So, you're saying that we must choose single class on MP lobbies , and Multi-Class on Quick Race? :) I may try this with a friend this weekend. ^^
I haven't released this yet, it's not in the 0.95 update.

Also, the way the test MP build works currently is that you have to pick 'Single Class' for SP and 'Current' for MP. I've been looking at the career files lately, so I haven't been focused on improving this, but will get around to it.

M4MKey
26-02-2016, 15:26
Oh ! So the actual version of the mod wouldn't work on MP ? If not... I'd gladly test some of your MP build version ^^

Roger Prynne
26-02-2016, 15:43
I found a great combination with these cars....

ktm_x-bow-r
bac_mono
ariel_atom_mugen
ariel_atom3
caterham_r500

at Oulten Park Fosters 22 AI @ 80%

Great App mate.

M4MKey
26-02-2016, 16:53
Hmmm.. I'm just realizing... Are we limited to 16 AI cars on MP sessions ??

Nevermind. I launched 32bit version. That must be the reason.

crowtrobot
26-02-2016, 16:55
Hmmm.. I'm just realizing... Are we limited to 16 AI cars on MP sessions ??
Depends on the map and how many grid slots there are.

Spitfire_88
26-02-2016, 20:35
thank you for the new update, works fine with other cars mods.

Machinist90
28-02-2016, 17:18
when I choose the custom liveries for the AI it just uses the default white skin,unless I drive one of the custom liveries,that one loads but the AI ones don't,anyone got an idea how this is possible?

Ingo_Schwartz
02-03-2016, 13:48
Installed but when I clicked on any class it would shut down, then I tried extracting the MODS folder into the directory instead of just the custom grid folder inside the mods folder, not I can click on it but nothing happens, bottom right of the window it says missing files for toyota ts040... what am I doing wrong ?

This is the only mod I have but I am running Crew Chief although it is shut down while doing this.

This is the exact order

1 - Extract MODS/Custom_Grid_Tool into pCARS directory
2 - Run jsgme and activate mod
3 - Extract the shortcut to desktop and run

Please help I want to use this so bad! :(

Roger Prynne
02-03-2016, 13:52
Installed but when I clicked on any class it would shut down, then I tried extracting the MODS folder into the directory instead of just the custom grid folder inside the mods folder, not I can click on it but nothing happens, bottom right of the window it says missing files for toyota ts040... what am I doing wrong ?

This is the only mod I have but I am running Crew Chief although it is shut down while doing this.

This is the exact order

Run the shortcut from within the main directory.

crowtrobot
02-03-2016, 13:56

This is the exact order

It sounds like the install is not right.

The zip file is structured so all you have to do is point it at your root pCARS directory (Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCARS) and extract. You should have a directory <pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Grid_Tool with various subfolders such as audio, vehicles, Pakfiles, etc. You should also have <pCARS>/JSGME.exe and <pCARS>/pCARS_Custom_Grids shortcut.

Run JSGME, activate the mod, run the shortcut and leave it running after you've clicked assign.

If that doesn't work, put up a screenshot of how your pCARS directory is structured.

Ingo_Schwartz
02-03-2016, 13:57
Run the shortcut from within the main directory.

Does not open

Ingo_Schwartz
02-03-2016, 13:59
It sounds like the install is not right.

The zip file is structured so all you have to do is point it at your root pCARS directory (Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCARS) and extract. You should have a directory <pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Grid_Tool with various subfolders such as audio, vehicles, Pakfiles, etc. You should also have <pCARS>/JSGME.exe and <pCARS>/pCARS_Custom_Grids shortcut.

Run JSGME, activate the mod, run the shortcut and leave it running after you've clicked assign.

If that doesn't work, put up a screenshot of how your pCARS directory is structured.

The jsgme and custom grid shortcuts are only in the downloaded folder not in the MODS folder I extracted to the directory. Should I have extracted the whole thing into the pCARS directory ?

crowtrobot
02-03-2016, 14:02
The jsgme and custom grid shortcuts are only in the downloaded folder not in the MODS folder I extracted to the directory. Should I have extracted the whole thing into the pCARS directory ?
Yes. Again, the zip is structured already, just point the zip at the root pCARS directory and click Extract.

Roger Prynne
02-03-2016, 14:02
You just extract everything from the zip to the pCARS Directory.

Edit: I'll leave you alone with him :D

Ingo_Schwartz
02-03-2016, 14:04
I'll try that, thanks guys :)

I'm so used to having to open everything up so I assumed this was how it worked sorry for the troubles :)

jbleeco
03-03-2016, 02:17
This tool is magnificent...changed the perspective of the game in the right direction ! ATS Cadillac running on track with LMP cars :) Perfect and Thank You for sharing !

warp9engage
03-03-2016, 21:02
There's currently no way to randomize with this tool, is there?

crowtrobot
04-03-2016, 13:26
There's currently no way to randomize with this tool, is there?
Randomly click around a lot? :p

But no, there's no method to automatically do this, and it's not really within the scope of what I wanted to do.

Ingo_Schwartz
06-03-2016, 17:18
I've been using this quite a lot since getting it with GT3 racing and it has worked great. Now when I try to do a Formula A race it will show cars that are not supposed to be there... is there an easy fix for this ?

I'm using a custom livery BTW, could that be causing an issue ?