PDA

View Full Version : Downshifting animation issues.

ArmswieldTheHero
12-01-2016, 16:09
I love the way the shifting looks, its such a small and fine detail. But I have some criticism for it, when you down shift quickly after slamming on the breaks, his hand jerks too and from the steering wheel and never touches the shifting stick. This could easily be fixed too, I'm no game dev (god forbid I learn how to code) but simply having a new animation where the driver leaves his hand on the stick as he downshifts would be really cool and more realistic.

rolikasingh01
21-07-2016, 05:53
Great information.. thanks for sharing..

Haiden
22-07-2016, 14:28
I love the way the shifting looks, its such a small and fine detail. But I have some criticism for it, when you down shift quickly after slamming on the breaks, his hand jerks too and from the steering wheel and never touches the shifting stick. This could easily be fixed too, I'm no game dev (god forbid I learn how to code) but simply having a new animation where the driver leaves his hand on the stick as he downshifts would be really cool and more realistic.

I noticed this too. I recently bought a shifter and have been driving more H and sequential shift cars. I noticed the quick jerk, grabbing air, too.

McClusky
22-07-2016, 15:31
but simply having a new animation where the driver leaves his hand on the stick as he downshifts would be really cool and more realistic.

It would be cool to have a device either integrated in the wheel or standalone that would sense when your shifting hand is off the wheel and on the shifter so the animation would reflect what you are really doing and the animation while shifting would be almost instant too instead of the delay we currently see. My guess it would be a nightmare to code the game to work with this integrated or standalone sensor and the market would be minimal to justify this feature.