PDA

View Full Version : Trustmaster T150 not working on PS4

Luminated
12-01-2016, 21:02
Hi guys sincerely hope someone on here can help because I'm pulling my hair out.

Basically I bought my son a new PS4 for Christmas and for his 16th birthday today I bought him Project Cars for the PS4 and a thrustmaster t150 wheel+pedals set which is supposedly compatible with PC/PS3 & PS4 but not matter what I do the PlayStation won't see the T150, it does all its spinning one way then the other and I can work the buttons but can't find on any of the menus on the game or the console to setup the steering wheel to get it working.

Needless to say I have a pissed off teen on my hands.

Can you help please.

SUBGTRACER
12-01-2016, 21:05
Try this for starters

when the disc is in the console start the game from the main ps menu with the ps 4 controller , when the game boots and asks to " press x on the wheel and the wheel will hopefully be recognised "

Then calibrate wheel .

If you use the controller to hit x the game will stay with the ps4 controller.

Let us know how you go bud

Luminated
12-01-2016, 21:50
Thanks so much, it worked..... It's configured as a T300 but the next question is can you adjust the amount of wheel turns available, the son is in a wheelchair and I've the throttle and brake assigned to the paddles so really need to reduce the amount of lock.

SUBGTRACER
12-01-2016, 21:51
Thanks so much, it worked.....

Your welcome , we couldn't have him not being able to use that nice new wheel , glad to help!

Patrick73
13-01-2016, 11:25
Thanks so much, it worked..... It's configured as a T300 but the next question is can you adjust the amount of wheel turns available, the son is in a wheelchair and I've the throttle and brake assigned to the paddles so really need to reduce the amount of lock.

Are you using a usb extension cable? If so does it work? Mine won't work with one

Luminated
13-01-2016, 17:10
Are you using a usb extension cable? If so does it work? Mine won't work with one

No extension cable but we did finally get it up and running by following the instructions of @SUBGTRACER though I've still struggling to understand how to change the amount of degrees of turn, on the PC you can change this in the setup program downloaded from Thrustmaster but can't seem to see where this is on the PS4. I must say the manual and their website isn't very helpful.

ports
13-01-2016, 17:39
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/includes/view_faq.php?id=155&d=2014-07-18&folder=eng

Patrick73
13-01-2016, 18:32
No extension cable but we did finally get it up and running by following the instructions of @SUBGTRACER though I've still struggling to understand how to change the amount of degrees of turn, on the PC you can change this in the setup program downloaded from Thrustmaster but can't seem to see where this is on the PS4. I must say the manual and their website isn't very helpful.

Hold down mode button then on the d pad press and hold left or right...release both buttons and the light should flash...4!times = 900...3 times = 540

Luminated
13-01-2016, 19:44
Hold down mode button then on the d pad press and hold left or right...release both buttons and the light should flash...4!times = 900...3 times = 540

Thanks for that info.

Luminated
13-01-2016, 21:17
Just adjusted the steering to the 540degree setting which seems to strike the best balance between feel and game play, the son is in love and have been playing for a good 90 minutes non stop. I even had a go and I have to say it's addictive and surprisingly realistic when all the safety AIDS are removed, reminded me of the good old days.

GUTTER-BOY
15-01-2016, 22:48
Hi Luminated,

I'm glad you got it working! I've set my T150 to 540 degrees, because just like you said it was the best compromise between steering feel and realism. Most people set theirs to 900 degrees and then adjust each cars steering ratio to dial in the feeling and handling. I got sick of doing that and decided to stick to 540. It's "wrong", technically speaking, but it works for me. If you are looking to further tune it, here are the settings that work for me. It may not be perfect, but I think it's a pretty good base to start at. The 540 setting makes it feel like a real race car, as I was steering too much at 900. Plus the FFB and effect of hitting bumps, etc. improved, too. I race tin tops (mainly GT3 and GT4) so I won't vouch for my settings with Formula or LMP, but it might give you guys a good starting point. Here are my settings, and I hope they help:

Wheel: Thrustmaster T150 *Set at 540 not 270/360/900/1080 degrees!

DIRECTIONS:

1. To set degrees: Press and hold the option button, click right arrow on direction pad, release both buttons (option and right D pad) and watch for flashing red light. Repeat until you get 3 flashes = 540 degrees.

I mainly race GT3 & GT4 (and other tin tops). Results of 540 degrees might be different with other car types (ex: Formula or LMP).

2. Main Screen – Options and Help – Controls – Calibrate Wheel (remember to set to 540 as per Direction #1) – Calibrate Pedals –Save Calibrations.

3. Go back Configuration. Then use these settings:

Steering Deadzone (1)
Steering Sensitivity (50)
Throttle Deadzone (1)
Throttle Sensitivity (50)
Brake Deadzone (1)
Brake Sensitivity (50)
Clutch Deadzone (1)
Clutch Sensitivity (35)
Speed Sensitivity (1)
Controller Filtering Sensitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)
Force Feedback (85)
RPM/Gear Display (Yes)
Controller Input Mode (3)
Advanced (On)
Soft Steering Dampening (On)
Visual Wheel Filtering (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)
SAVE

Now go back to Controls – Calibrate Force Feedback and save these settings:

Tire Force (100)
Per Wheel Movement (0)
Per Wheel Movement Squared (0)
Wheel Position Smoothing (0.04)
Deadzone Removal Range (0.00)
Deadzone Removal Falloff (0.01)
Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)
Relative Adjust Gain (1.10)
Relative Adjust Bleed (0.10)
Relative Adjust Clamp (0.95)
Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)
Soft Clipping Half Input (0)
Soft Clipping Full Output (0)
Menu spring strength (0.10)
Low speed spring coefficient (0.70)
Low spring speed saturation (0.70)
Steering gain (1.75)

For Advanced Set Up: Free Practice – Tune per car

Video link from Inside Sim Racing that does a good job explaining/showing set up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY

My “Seat of Pants” (SOP) settings:
SOP: 74 degrees
SOP Lateral Scale: 70 degrees
SOP Differential Scale: 30 degrees
SOP Damping: 30 degrees

PSN: GUTTER-BOY

Brendan60
08-01-2019, 06:22
I have the same problem but wheel is not recognised, X and O buttons work, how do I calibrate please ,using on ps4 switch is set to ps4