PDA

View Full Version : Renault f1 rolling?

cenkcnk
12-01-2016, 20:25
i am trying to handle rf1 3.5 but it's too hard. it even rolls at high speed turns. i lowered pressure and added downforce but result the same. other renault are also same, hard to handle

IJOJOI
12-01-2016, 20:32
You mean they spin out?

N0body Of The Goat
12-01-2016, 20:33
I don't advise using DRS during corners, the 3.5 will kill you if you try!

balderz002
12-01-2016, 20:39
I tried DRS open whilst going round Blanchimont at Spa. Cue a fast spin cycle, and restarting the TT session.

CPU M Rossi
13-01-2016, 00:53
I tried DRS open whilst going round Blanchimont at Spa. Cue a fast spin cycle, and restarting the TT session.

if you mean the 3.5 it doesn't open a gap in the wing, the renault 3.5 is really weird as it closes a gap to reduce drag and downforce.

balderz002
13-01-2016, 04:38
Ok CPU M ROSSI

I had DRS activated whilst going round Blanchimont at Spa. Cue a fast spin cycle, and restarting the TT session.

cenkcnk
13-01-2016, 05:39
i mean it loops in the air. 4 out of 10 laps i came across with this problem

blacknred81
13-01-2016, 06:19
i mean it loops in the air. 4 out of 10 laps i came across with this problem

What track you are at?

Scuderia Paul
13-01-2016, 06:20
I have had several rollovers in the Formula Renault 3.5 too. It looks really odd when it happens like there is a physics glitch. I'll post a video later.

Still a cool car though. The Jordan F1-esque livery is particularly nice.

Silraed
13-01-2016, 06:27
The only time I have flipped/rolled the Formula Renault 3.5 is when playing around with the DRS and leaving it activated through high speed corners. Which is user error.

Invincible
13-01-2016, 07:04
The only time I have flipped/rolled the Formula Renault 3.5 is when playing around with the DRS and leaving it activated through high speed corners. Which is user error.

It may be user error, but the car should spin out then, not flip over.

Yorkie065
13-01-2016, 07:47
What ride height you running? I've heard the car works a lot better with a higher ride height as the front of the car is very low and often bottoms out? Could be that the car gets compressed by the high speed downforce and going through a corner, the front digs into the circuit causing it bug and flip out. Just speculation but could be something to test (rising the ride height).

Marrrfooo
13-01-2016, 08:05
I've had it flip on me twice but again only when majorly screwing up high speed bends. For example, when exiting the last turn @ Monza. Crack open the DRS too soon and lose the car into a sideways slide and whilst sideways (obviously travelling at some speed still) it rolls over horizontally very easy. It doesn't really strike me as remarkable that is does that considering that's not the profile/direction the car was designed to travel in. I think it digs in on the front tyre and/or wing and that makes body roll worse which reaches a (literal) tipping point. When it happens the front wing breaks too which suggests a front-end dig/catch somewhere.

cenkcnk
13-01-2016, 08:21
I tried it in spa, suzuka and silverstone iirc. i can't confirm wheter drs was enabled

Invincible
13-01-2016, 08:22
What ride height you running? I've heard the car works a lot better with a higher ride height as the front of the car is very low and often bottoms out? Could be that the car gets compressed by the high speed downforce and going through a corner, the front digs into the circuit causing it bug and flip out. Just speculation but could be something to test (rising the ride height).

Even then the front wing or bottom should just scrape over the tarmac and not "dig" into it and flip over! It's tarmac, not wet mud. So, yes, that's a bug. And regarding ride height, Casey said that the F R 3.5 wants to run low. Really low. Too bad if running low causes the car to bug out and go crazy. :(

hkraft300
13-01-2016, 08:30
Hasn't really bugged out or flipped on me without a big crash/contact.
The lower the car, the more effective the down force front and back. Is it a possibility that it loses all its down force going sideways and catches air under it, plus a bump here and there and off she goes?
Its a fast, really light and aero-dependant car. Aero-dependant in the sense its ride height direction of travel etc have to be right or its up s*** creek?

Silraed
13-01-2016, 08:59
It may be user error, but the car should spin out then, not flip over.

Agreed, there is something a little iffy about how the car reacts in some extreme circumstances, getting to those extreme circumstances has only been from user error in my experience though.
Can I make clear that this is only my experience with the car and other peoples experiences most likely will vary.

hkraft300
13-01-2016, 10:45
Unless I've been hit, or got silly with DRS and put it over a high kerb/ into a wall, mines been OK :)

RomKnight
13-01-2016, 13:54
So far i've only flipped it on medium high speed corners and forgot about the DRS (instant fly).

wrt to spins well... i think it is the interface between the chair and wheel in my case. Formulas and I don't quite understand each other. But I actually like this one (already did in rF2 too)

Mauler_77
13-01-2016, 17:51
Been my go-to car since the DLC dropped and I've only rolled it by abusing the DRS. Final kink in back section at Spa or the kink into the back straight at Road America for example are no-go zones for DRS use for me. The car seems pretty stable normally. I run quite low ride heights with the front slightly higher then the rear. I've found that under contact it still doesn't flip out as badly as the Formula B.

Scuderia Paul
14-01-2016, 17:49
Here is a video of the most unusual incident I have had in the Formula Renault 3.5. This happened before Christmas but I am only getting round to posting it now. Don't like to rush these things!

The DRS was activated and this may have caused the initial slide but after the tyres broke traction it gets strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr7GsmhCOHs