PDA

View Full Version : What time of day increases the frame rates?

blk95cars
12-01-2016, 22:12
After my video card on my pc fried several years ago I dove back into xbox1.

I was really pissed to find out Ps4 runs 1080 for PCcars and xbox1 runs it at 900p.

Anyhow from my finding Pcars just rips a hole into xbox1 heavy rain and more cars on the grid. Setting course time at 3am at night seemed to run fairly well and to be the best. Track is pitch black lol

Anyone else have better race times for smoother race experiences either pc or console.

Ian Bell
12-01-2016, 22:17
After my video card on my pc fried several years ago I dove back into xbox1.

I was really pissed to find out Ps4 runs 1080 for PCcars and xbox1 runs it at 900p.

Anyhow from my finding Pcars just rips a hole into xbox1 heavy rain and more cars on the grid. Setting course time at 3am at night seemed to run fairly well and to be the best. Track is pitch black lol

Anyone else have better race times for smoother race experiences either pc or console.

Aim for times around mid day, short shadows help a little.

PS, if you're pissed about the res disparity be prepared to endure it as it's pretty common now. The thing is, the upscaling on Xbox really is excellent and IMO just about compensates enough.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates
http://wccftech.com/ps4-1080p-xbox-900p-graphical-leap1080p-console-war/

blk95cars
12-01-2016, 22:55
What is upscaling? im bit behind on tech lol age..

xbox1 at 900p is it noticeable compared to ps4?
On a pc with a 1200 dollar video card it doesn't really matter. Im just debating to trade my xbox1 for a ps4

TopAirspace
13-01-2016, 14:49
I've played project cars on both high end PC and Xbox One and to be honest I'm just not sure why people are beating up on the XBox so much? I think its just a placebo? Or perhaps some Master Race C**k Flopping? As the Xbo version has always ran fine for me, and trust me im an old PC veteran. Many many hours on the previous GTR games from this crew.
having your XBO set to power saving mode is definitely is a help. You should be able to run 23ai at pretty much anytime of the day without much worry on pretty much any circuit. Quite a few circuits 29ai will present no problems. The thing is that I've come to realise that some circuits just have area's with framerate dips, and these dips aren't just a console problem as ive noticed the same dips on really high end PC's too.
I'm pretty sure Ian had mentioned that 3D trees have always presented a problem with thier game engine so perhaps that is some of the battle?.
Though you should get a smooth experience on XBO if you set the console to power save mode, and run around 23ai, daytime running is always perfect, you may get a little framerate dip on some parts of some tracks as the sun starts to get low on the horizon during sun set, though again I've noticed this same occurrence on high end pc's. Just deal with it until night sets in!.
Rain is also generally no issue, though on some circuits a little framerate drop occurs during the transition from say sunny to raining, but once the transition is complete everything settles down again.
I will say one thing though, playing project cars on XBO with my new Samsung 9000 series 65in curved LED TV with motion plus and all the TV's processing fruit turned on looks alot better than than a more powerful PC running an average old display..

Charger
13-01-2016, 15:02
I've played project cars on both high end PC and Xbox One and to be honest I'm just not sure why people are beating up on the XBox so much? I think its just a placebo? Or perhaps some Master Race C**k Flopping? As the Xbo version has always ran fine for me, and trust me im an old PC veteran. Many many hours on the previous GTR games from this crew.
having your XBO set to power saving mode is definitely is a help. You should be able to run 23ai at pretty much anytime of the day without much worry on pretty much any circuit. Quite a few circuits 29ai will present no problems. The thing is that I've come to realise that some circuits just have area's with framerate dips, and these dips aren't just a console problem as ive noticed the same dips on really high end PC's too.
I'm pretty sure Ian had mentioned that 3D trees have always presented a problem with thier game engine so perhaps that is some of the battle?.
Though you should get a smooth experience on XBO if you set the console to power save mode, and run around 23ai, daytime running is always perfect, you may get a little framerate dip on some parts of some tracks as the sun starts to get low on the horizon during sun set, though again I've noticed this same occurrence on high end pc's. Just deal with it until night sets in!.
Rain is also generally no issue, though on some circuits a little framerate drop occurs during the transition from say sunny to raining, but once the transition is complete everything settles down again.
I will say one thing though, playing project cars on XBO with my new Samsung 9000 series 65in curved LED TV with motion plus and all the TV's processing fruit turned on looks alot better than than a more powerful PC running an average old display..

Frame rate can be a dramatic drop on PC with rain, I can go from 60fps+ to low 40's, although it is still very playable, this is on triples.

If I run single screen I can go 120fps+ and believe me the more FPS you get the better it is so I would imagine dropping to around 30fps on consoles would be a bit of a hinderence, so no it isn't placebo.

justonce68
13-01-2016, 15:16
Let the flopping begin..............:D

Boskapongen
13-01-2016, 15:17
What is upscaling? im bit behind on tech lol age..

xbox1 at 900p is it noticeable compared to ps4?
On a pc with a 1200 dollar video card it doesn't really matter. Im just debating to trade my xbox1 for a ps4

I have both, PS4 stutters as well depending on time of day and weather effects, when sun flare shows, fps drops.
PS4 looks better mostly because of anti aliasing. Edges looks much better on PS4.

techenix00
13-01-2016, 16:40
Track is pitch black lol

because moonlight doesn't exist in pCars :D :D