PDA

View Full Version : Need help with G27 FFB settings (was: There's a Real Driver here ?)

.score
13-01-2016, 10:35
Hi Everyone,

After playing for 3 years Asseto corsa, or others simulation game.. A day i Found Project Cars : OMG !
I think this is the best simulation game ever, because the community are very large, and you can do everything you want in this game..

BUT !

In this forum, there is someone who already drive a car ?
Because, I drive a car, everyday.. And each settings here are not a car..

I've a G27.. I've tried every settings in this forums, since 1year..
I've try to create my own settings.. but I never had the feeeling with my steering..

So.. Maybe.. In this forums.. Somenone with this game, a G27, who DRIVE A CAR, or Already Drive a car.. With nice settings.. with nice feelings.. Can Make a Post with all the settings.. this is really cool..
In each thread when someone talk about a settings, it's never in accordance with the G27.. Always for G25 or DFGT, or CSW..

I'm not the only guy with a G27 here ?

Thank's.

cluck
13-01-2016, 10:41
You could start with Jack Spade's FFB Tweaker thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files) :)

(I can't help further as I have a G25 myself)

IJOJOI
13-01-2016, 10:44
G25 and 27 have nearly the same internals.
If it works for the G25 it works for the G27 and vice versa

.score
13-01-2016, 10:52
You could start with Jack Spade's FFB Tweaker thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files) :)

(I can't help further as I have a G25 myself)

Already Try JackSpade's FFB.. I hate this settings.

.score
13-01-2016, 10:52

Yes.. but not really..
G25 Smoother like G27 so G27 Clip

inthebagbud
13-01-2016, 11:21
If you have a search for posts by poirqc he has g27 on PC.

If you look in the pcars resources thread in my signature there is a section on controllers which provides some useful resources to wheel threads

John Hargreaves
13-01-2016, 11:28
Also don't forget that most of the feeling of driving comes from other places than the steering wheel in real life, so all we can do is try to make the game tell us things through the wheel, as we have no real g-forces or 'seat of the pants' feelings.

For G27 you could start with Jack Spades bumps plus, set tyre force at 75 and gain (the bottom one in FFB settings) to 1.5, everything else default. That will get you close and tweak from there.

McClusky
13-01-2016, 11:45
I use Jacks Fy+SopLateral Mix along with his Recommended Global FFB Settings (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files) and I disabled the Logitech Profiler (thanks R Prynne!). I also adjust the cars setup which may or may not change the FFB feeling.

I may be wrong but I think Asseto Corsa uses canned FFB effects (or has the ability to use them with the Kerb, Road, and Slip settings) so you if you used any of those settings in AC and you are looking for that same AC FFB feeling (canned effects) I don't think you will find it and with that said I must say that I am happier with pCARS FFB compared to AC.

thmxvr
13-01-2016, 12:08
I have a G27. I don't use Jack spade or any SoP. Those are designed to make you feel trough the steering wheel some movement you should only feel with you but/gut in a real car. Using those settings is kind of cheating IMO.

If I remember well how I did my set up:
- Set all the sensitivities to the minimum (you cannot go below 10 for the steering sensititvity without issue, for other 0 is fine)
- Set the dead-zone removal range to about 0.14
- Diminish the FFB strength to avoid clipping (check the yellow curve in the telemetry HUD while driving)
- Augment a bit the tire force % to compensate if the FFB became to light

DreamsKnight
13-01-2016, 12:19
crossposting

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-Wheel-Setup-Guide&p=1210876&viewfull=1#post1210876

.score
13-01-2016, 14:54
I agree with thmxvr settings, and dreamsKinght

For Start.. killing Logitech profiler save my life.. What the hell with this software ?

I've something now I like, i just want the gravity center of my car lower, to have the feeling of something paste to the road
Killing JackSpade change my life too..

I make some test tonight and i tell you !

Thank's !

.score
13-01-2016, 15:30

seem to be ok ?

DreamsKnight
13-01-2016, 17:39

seem to be ok ?

no. blu line over the black line the most possibile. play with the slides. look at mine.

http://s14.postimg.org/f1a1hhtcx/curve.jpg

poirqc
13-01-2016, 21:44

I would somewhat disagree. I think those 2 wheels feels different enough to warrant different globals.

As for you .score

From my understanding, the range of force a G27 can produce is somewhat limited. You have to choose where you want your window of force to be. You also have to deal with a somewhat big FFB deadzone.

What are you aiming for?
A tight wheel, overall.
A detailed, under load(while turning), FFB.
Something based around road feel.

Thoses are just examples. There's lots of way to dial the FFB here. It's a DIY. As long as we don't have a precise idea of what you want, it's going to be hard to suggest settings.

Cheers!

KasperVJensen
20-01-2016, 10:22
Most settings I find are far too light.

I usually try and have the Master Scale at 40. The next three sliders at 92, 120, and 92, and then the Mz at 200. Then about 20 on all the smoothers. On the next page all of the sliders half way up except the dampers or smoothers.

DreamsKnight
20-01-2016, 11:35
Most settings I find are far too light.

I usually try and have the Master Scale at 40. The next three sliders at 92, 120, and 92, and then the Mz at 200. Then about 20 on all the smoothers. On the next page all of the sliders half way up except the dampers or smoothers.

My car has an assisted wheel (i think this is the english name) and i can turn the wheel with a finger.

With my settings my g27 is heavier the double than my real car.

I can't understand the necessity in a SIM to be Hulk to turn a wheel.

And each car has a different feeling.