PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to love Project CARS

Sheepish81
13-01-2016, 12:56
For me it's loading up the Green Hell (Nordschleife) setting the time to 5am and race against 29 AI for 2 laps. Starting from last I like to see if I can get 1st with the driver AI set to 70%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDbWNdDw6w

Whats everyone else's favourite thing to do on Project CARS?

MrA2theK
14-01-2016, 11:55
At the moment I am trying my luck in TT at Brands GP in the Arial Atom V8 (what a handful that is haha).
Got myself up to 43rd in the rankings with a 1:27.3, now just need to shave 4 seconds of that and I'm top of the league hahahaha

Do you always drive with booming D&B on the ICE lol

Lukas Macedo
14-01-2016, 13:21
For me it is all about multi-class WEC style endurance races. OK, 1 or 2 hour races. Trying to maintain the focus, manage tires, manage fuel, driving consistent good laps, one after the other. Pit strategy. Rain. Allowing faster cars to pass without losing too much time, passing slower cars just the same. All that.

Haiden
14-01-2016, 15:49
Right now, I'm making my first Formula A career run with full damage on. The AI was always too crazy to try full damage in those cars before. So far it's been great. No DNFs, and I'm in 3rd for the season, only about 7 points from the leader. :) But my new favorite in PCars is running six-car GT4 and Road races down the Azure Coast. It's so much fun. Sometimes I race GT3s, but they can be a bit to handle on the road surfaces, unless you tune the suspension.

JudgeNutmeg
15-01-2016, 22:46
I know people complain but i think the AI at times is some of the best out there. I've just had a race around oulton park, battling for 12th, 13th and 14th for 10 laps straight, constantly trying to find a way past. Not once did the AI shunt me off ( I race them as I would a human opponent). To me it is about the experience, I don't mind if I'm not the fastest driver, I recently took the plunge and bought a G29 and a playseat challenge and having a 10 lap battle for a couple of places was heaven!

Also followed that with one of the career races which ended up with me picking an Ariel Atom for a trackday race around Brands Hatch, Little did I know the weather was going to be a storm. It felt great being able to actually get it through to the end of the race ( 25th out of 30), I managed to get the FFB sorted on this one and was able to feel all of the nuances of driving in the wet, superb stuff.

John Hargreaves
16-01-2016, 08:06
They aren't perfect but race them like they're human and they can be amazing.

dQUIM
18-01-2016, 09:56
I really like the UK based career events; Ginetta GT5, Formula Rookie, Clio Cup etc. Racing on all these British tracks gives the game a real sense of authenticity, and the cars themselves are good fun to drive despite the lack of power and aero.

Eadie
18-01-2016, 16:30
I love how what gear you are in, dictates how tight the car turns. I also like the completely inaccurate physics when someone brakes early for a corner & the magnet turns on. I'm also a big fan of not being able to save car set ups in the career mode. Writing them down & copying them into the car in the garage is great fun :)

Chairman7w
18-01-2016, 17:32
YES!! I actually like picking a random car and running the Nordschleife. I want to run every car in the game there. I've been documenting my time with each. None are particularely great times, as I don't really practice, I just grab a car and go, but it's still great fun. My best so far has been the Radical SR8 RX 7:23:609

jimmyb_84
18-01-2016, 21:11
fed up with my coffee table moving on a wood floor when I put some force into my T150 however I've just put all four legs in rubber soled shoes, problem solved. no idea why I didn't think of it before.

love project cars.

Shogun613
19-01-2016, 00:52
YES!! I actually like picking a random car and running the Nordschleife. I want to run every car in the game there. I've been documenting my time with each. None are particularely great times, as I don't really practice, I just grab a car and go, but it's still great fun. My best so far has been the Radical SR8 RX 7:23:609

Nice! I've actually been doing the same thing, so far my best is 7:14 in the Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE...

https://youtu.be/Wzgs49xaSk8

boksandbom
20-01-2016, 11:49
co sign that best track ever
the yellow bird on nordschlife what a combo,it actually improve my driving a lot.