PDA

View Full Version : Just Wow!!

Neil Bateman
14-01-2016, 23:31
So here is my offline race set up from tonight using my newly set up GT Omega Pro cockpit.

CUSTOM GRID TOOL v0.91
CrewChiefV4
pCars Dash on 10" Tablet
vrHive on 2nd 22" Monitor

Track: LeMans 24 Laps Day-Night

Grid:
12 LMP1
12 LMP2
24 GT3

I cannot thank enough all the guys who are making this such an immersive game right now with all these apps and mods, this race was just incredible and i am now thinking of what could top this for tomorrow night.:cool:

Markus Ott
14-01-2016, 23:42
Custom Grid Tool?!

c172fccc
14-01-2016, 23:47
Custom Grid Tool?!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43939-Custom-Grid-Tool-Custom-Grids-for-Solo-Quick-Race

Markus Ott
15-01-2016, 00:29
Thx

Charger
15-01-2016, 03:33
So here is my offline race set up from tonight using my newly set up GT Omega Pro cockpit.

CUSTOM GRID TOOL v0.91
CrewChiefV4
pCars Dash on 10" Tablet
vrHive on 2nd 22" Monitor

Track: LeMans 24 Laps Day-Night

Grid:
12 LMP1
12 LMP2
24 GT3

I cannot thank enough all the guys who are making this such an immersive game right now with all these apps and mods, this race was just incredible and i am now thinking of what could top this for tomorrow night.:cool:

Well tonight you were warping quite badly, maybe look at that first, the racing was good but no one had a clue where you were on track, no idea what was going on but maybe the apps were having an effect?

balderz002
15-01-2016, 04:59
GT3 and GT4 @ Spa 24 hrs next?

Grp.6, Grp.5, Grp.4 at La Sarthe?

havocc
15-01-2016, 07:48

Nope Grp A Grp B and Grp C @ Nos 24h

Sloskimo
15-01-2016, 07:52

Road D vs GT5 vs FA at La Sarthe, sound like a plan... What could go wrong? :D actually I'd be interested to see what happens with the AI, but can't be bothered to do the unpacked bootfiles stuff etc.

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 09:12
Well tonight you were warping quite badly, maybe look at that first, the racing was good but no one had a clue where you were on track, no idea what was going on but maybe the apps were having an effect?

I contacted my ISP and apparently due to them growing as a company and the high demand their current network cant cope and are having to upgrade which will take 4-5 months, on the website they claim they are going to be boosting our speed when in fact they are just giving us what we should have in the first place which in my case is 50MB

I find it hard to stay away from online racing but knowing how bad it is offline will do for now.

Sankyo
15-01-2016, 09:22
I contacted my ISP and apparently due to them growing as a company and the high demand their current network cant cope and are having to upgrade which will take 4-5 months, on the website they claim they are going to be boosting our speed when in fact they are just giving us what we should have in the first place which in my case is 50MB

I find it hard to stay away from online racing but knowing how bad it is offline will do for now.
Connection speed is not important, ping/latency is :)

Slowsley
15-01-2016, 09:41
24 Hours of Dubai dude! That's what I'm on. Real weather, real time, GT3, GT4, Clio Cup...pCARS on one screen, simultaneous real race on another.

I celebrate New Years on this day each year.

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 09:43
Connection speed is not important, ping/latency is :)

So is that something i can help solve, never been an issue before?

havocc
15-01-2016, 09:50

I remember a trick by editing TCPAckFrequency under windows registry to reduce the size of packets sent, not sure it it works under Win7 or higher, other than that you could try a VPN (Battleping, Wtfast) but most of the latency can be reduced by ISP and depends on the route your connection does to connect you to the server...

Sloskimo
15-01-2016, 10:07

By the time you're warping usually there is packet loss involved, are you connected via wifi?

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 10:19
By the time you're warping usually there is packet loss involved, are you connected via wifi?

No by cable, but the router is in a different room and its a 3M cable.

Sloskimo
15-01-2016, 10:23
No by cable, but the router is in a different room and its a 3M cable.

That should not be the problem then, I mean, 3 meters should be no issue for even the crappiest cables ever. So unless whatever is routing your stuff is going berserk, that probably is not it. If your ISP has packet loss itself in their network, that might be it. Connection speed is not important as Remco mentioned, but packet loss is the death of all online games.

Can't think of a good tool to monitor packet loss really right now, maybe somebody who does can help out?

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 10:39
I just did a speed test and the ping was 31ms, the download was 39.89Mbps and upload was 3.09Mbps.

My ping has been as high as 200ms but this is so much lower than that, a massive difference and seems all over the place.

Sloskimo
15-01-2016, 10:51
Well, maybe it was just bad luck, somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I think unless playing in MP connecting to a dedicated server, it is P2P, and if the connection to a particular player is bad, you will warp for that player, but not for most. The internet is a feeble thing :)

I usually do ok on a 400 ms ping, it's not ideal, but since I'm stuck in a third world country, it is what it is, and usually works fine when it does not packet loss.

Shinzah
15-01-2016, 10:55
I remember a trick by editing TCPAckFrequency under windows registry to reduce the size of packets sent, not sure it it works under Win7 or higher, other than that you could try a VPN (Battleping, Wtfast) but most of the latency can be reduced by ISP and depends on the route your connection does to connect you to the server...

I wouldn't suggest messing with the Ack frequency. This could greatly (negatively) affect network traffic in other ways, but most of the time it does pretty much nothing.

graveltrap
15-01-2016, 12:07
It is possible that your router doesn't like UDP, especially at the higher rates, I have experienced lag online because of this (it even shut down my wifi network completely), a bit of fiddling with the settings of my Virgin media provided hub seems to of sorted it...

Edit: assuming you are using UDP that is!

balderz002
15-01-2016, 13:00
How about an endurance event with the 3 classes of Ginetta's?

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 13:32
It is possible that your router doesn't like UDP, especially at the higher rates, I have experienced lag online because of this (it even shut down my wifi network completely), a bit of fiddling with the settings of my Virgin media provided hub seems to of sorted it...

I am on VM superhub 2 so what settings could i fiddle with, i do use both shared memory and UDP together so could this cause an issue?

How about an endurance event with the 3 classes of Ginetta's?

That sounds like an idea, i do like the ginetta's.

graveltrap
15-01-2016, 14:27
I am on VM superhub 2 so what settings could i fiddle with, i do use both shared memory and UDP together so could this cause an issue?

I have the older hub I think, I put it on a fixed channel, and opened up 'multicast pass through' I also switched to 300mb/s signal (range is not an issue for me).

One of these things stopped the hub throttling my connection when using the project cars with UDP.

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 14:46
I have the older hub I think, I put it on a fixed channel, and opened up 'multicast pass through' I also switched to 300mb/s signal (range is not an issue for me).

One of these things stopped the hub throttling my connection when using the project cars with UDP.

Thanks i will take a look see if i can improve things a little.

Charger
15-01-2016, 16:52
Well, maybe it was just bad luck, somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I think unless playing in MP connecting to a dedicated server, it is P2P, and if the connection to a particular player is bad, you will warp for that player, but not for most. The internet is a feeble thing :)

I usually do ok on a 400 ms ping, it's not ideal, but since I'm stuck in a third world country, it is what it is, and usually works fine when it does not packet loss.

It was our DS server which is pretty good we connect to it at around 40-50ms, no reflection on Neil's racing that was good it was just crippling for the other players trying to overtake and judge him on track.

Charger
15-01-2016, 16:54

This is what I thought as it wasn't typical lag as such but really random placement on track, maybe try turning the apps off and see how it is and then turn one app at a time back on, you are welcome to come and join again and well see how it looks.

Neil Bateman
15-01-2016, 17:10
This is what I thought as it wasn't typical lag as such but really random placement on track, maybe try turning the apps off and see how it is and then turn one app at a time back on, you are welcome to come and join again and well see how it looks.

Thanks charger, was fun for me but dont want to rub salt in the wounds after ruining it for others.:cool:

Charger
15-01-2016, 18:22
Thanks charger, was fun for me but dont want to rub salt in the wounds after ruining it for others.:cool:

Rub away lol, you got 1st legit, I didn't kick you as I knew who you were from the forum and that you race fair, always room for a fellow midlander :D, I'll add you on Steam mate.

Come in again but turn off the apps and UDP and I'll tell you how it looks our end.

TrackDayKC
15-01-2016, 21:38
OMG...i just realised that with this custom grid tool...that Custom Championships can be done!, you just have to do the recordkeeping on a spreadsheet or paper. Im going to have to try this.