PDA

View Full Version : Dubai 24

Slowsley
15-01-2016, 12:55
Yeah so I'm running the 24 hours of Dubai concurrent with the real race. Real time/weather, custom grid with GT3, GT4, and Clio cup. It's great and it's my hopes for pCARS finally fully realized. Jussi (AI) is running P9 in a Ruf GT3 and I'm 4th in GT4 class and first car behind the Ginnetta's in the pCARS liveried BMW M3 several hours in.

Since I can't keep up with the Ginnetta's, I'm hoping to stay clean for 24 hours and maybe one of them suffers problems and I sneak onto the podium. Tire wear is plaguing me...hoping for darkness.

KkDrummer
15-01-2016, 12:57
good luck and have fun! keep us posted=]

ELAhrairah
15-01-2016, 15:55
for a live feed of the actual race: http://www.24hseries.com/live

Slowsley
15-01-2016, 17:35
Anyone seen the pCARS Ford out there? I think they referred to it as a "V8 Focus." I'm assuming that's a V8 supercar?

ELAhrairah
15-01-2016, 18:11
Anyone seen the pCARS Ford out there? I think they referred to it as a "V8 Focus." I'm assuming that's a V8 supercar?

Yes i believe its the #92 car from marc cars australia. They are running 28th at the moment 4th in its class

Lukas Macedo
15-01-2016, 18:49
Do want that in pCARS!

KkDrummer
15-01-2016, 19:40
Do want that in pCARS!

a guy in red taking a photo of your car? =p

spear1kj
16-01-2016, 00:00
Yeah so I'm running the 24 hours of Dubai concurrent with the real race. Real time/weather, custom grid with GT3, GT4, and Clio cup. It's great and it's my hopes for pCARS finally fully realized. Jussi (AI) is running P9 in a Ruf GT3 and I'm 4th in GT4 class and first car behind the Ginnetta's in the pCARS liveried BMW M3 several hours in.

Since I can't keep up with the Ginnetta's, I'm hoping to stay clean for 24 hours and maybe one of them suffers problems and I sneak onto the podium. Tire wear is plaguing me...hoping for darkness.

Is your version in project cars being live streamed/cast anywhere?? Like to watch!

theothermexico
16-01-2016, 00:17

It's not a v8 supercar, it was actually built as the initial prototype for a spaceframe series in south Africa. I don't know if that series ever went ahead as they now have the three focuses (fociii?) And one Mazda 3 that get flown all over the world for endurance racing.

Amazing little machines, but the guys behind it are currently trying to put together a twin turbo v6 that puts out roughly 750 horses to be used in v8 supercars

Slowsley
16-01-2016, 01:58
Is your version in project cars being live streamed/cast anywhere?? Like to watch!

No, I'm not much of a streamer. Too much pressure!

15 or so hours in and I'm second car behind the 3 Ginetta's, so 5th in class. Nothing really to speak of, just not on the same pit cycle as the others. In another 8 hours I'll know where things stand and we'll see if a 4th is possible as the Ginetta's may all finish.

mcclelland87
17-01-2016, 12:31
quite new to project cars that sounds a very interesting way to race doing a multi class race is this able to make on consoles or pc only thanks

TheReaper GT
17-01-2016, 12:34
quite new to project cars that sounds a very interesting way to race doing a multi class race is this able to make on consoles or pc only thanks

We are talking about the real racing in this thread... Multi class in the game is indeed possible but not optimal since you can't choose the classes

Slowsley
18-01-2016, 05:11

It's an option only for PC with the help of a mod that someone created.

Edited: Well, you can do multi-class in all of the versions but you can only choose the classes yourself on PC.

Slowsley
18-01-2016, 05:20
Just to wrap up, I finished 5th in class. I drove about 8 hours myself with stints being about 1.5 hours each in GT4. I only had 1 unscheduled stop but the Ginetta's are just too strong. I'm pretty happy that I made it all 24 hours with no hardware or software issues and had a clean race.

Next up: Daytona 24....on rF2 since it doesn't look like Daytona will appear in pCARS.

By the way: Anyone ever done a 24 with a manual gearbox and heel-toe shifting? Holy knee replacement Batman!