PDA

View Full Version : AI Lighting Mod

M4MKey
15-01-2016, 11:08
Okay ! Here is the release of a mod that enables AI lights on cars and track spotlights. COMPATIBLE WITH PATCH10. Thanks to JDougNY.

WARNING : This mod seems to require ( at the moment ) to have Paricule density set to Ultra. Otherwise, smoke/water spray effects will not be displayed.

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/4gqo2q5n421y0r9/AI+lights+for+patch10.rar

You'll find two versions in the archive. One for activating AI lights only under bad weather. And the other for every kind of weather.
Simply extract the one you want inside your MODS folder, then use JSGME to activate it.

goon
15-01-2016, 11:47
Brilliant! I assume this won't mess with Career like the mutli-class mod does?

M4MKey
15-01-2016, 11:57
This shouldn't cause any issue in Career. And I also doubt it'd cause any issue with MP :) But I can't garantee that 100%.

dodge33cymru
15-01-2016, 11:58
More superb stuff, thanks.

Couple of questions; what's the performance hit like?

and

Is it possible to have the lights on the cars but without casting the beams? I did this with all cars in GTR2, so basically they always had lights on but the beams were only cast when it became dark (although it was possible to tweak the time they came on in GTR2 too, which was very handy).

Either way, great stuff, thanks to you all who are enhancing this game and stopping me from uninstalling it.

M4MKey
15-01-2016, 12:01
As for not having casting beams... This is something i'd love to do. But I don't think the parameter is exposed on the weather files... Or at least, never found it.

For performance impact, on a big grid start, it will have an impact for sure. Otherwise, it shouldn't be that bad. I only had like 2% perf hit during my first tests.

LamboMantisMan23
15-01-2016, 12:52
Lol the hijacking of this thread :D

M4MKey
15-01-2016, 13:07
xD Sorry Lambo ! This thread should be renamed like "Modding on pCARS" :D ( At least, that's how I think we misinterpret it ). A subforum Modding should be created ! :D

EDIT : Btw, I just found how to have proper AI volume during a race. Believe me, your ears will hear the difference xD

ELAhrairah
15-01-2016, 17:40
I am really in love with this mod!

No noticable fps hit for me. I am running game in overall high settings with sli.

IJOJOI
16-01-2016, 17:58
I still don't get why SMS didn't put this in, since you already did this back in WMD with TWEAKIT!

Great! Great! Great!

Finally driving in the rain is possible!!

M4MKey
16-01-2016, 18:03
Yeah... I was waiting for so long to be able to mod it. And it took me 10 minutes to make the files, upload them. Really a big task I guess ^^

To be perfectly fair, using it in clear weather still isn't perfect, as the light beam is reflected on the road and shouldn't at daytime. This isn't due to the mod of course, because you would have the same issue if you turn your headlights manually with an unmodded game.

Also, lights are going through the back of the car and are litting the cockpit... Which is also an "100% original" pCARS' issue.

Long time ago, Doug showed us some nice tweaks about this but then... complete silence..

IJOJOI
16-01-2016, 18:19
Yeah... I was waiting for so long to be able to mod it. And it took me 10 minutes to make the files, upload them. Really a big task I guess ^^

To be perfectly fair, using it in clear weather still isn't perfect, as the light beam is reflected on the road and shouldn't at daytime. This isn't due to the mod of course, because you would have the same issue if you turn your headlights manually with an unmodded game.

Also, lights are going through the back of the car and are litting the cockpit... Which is also an "100% original" pCARS' issue.

Long time ago, Doug showed us some nice tweaks about this but then... complete silence..

I remember it! Also a nightlighing at bathrust and stuff...

thepharcyde
16-01-2016, 18:27
Wow thanks for this, shame it takes a mod to fix a defect

Mahjik
16-01-2016, 18:41
Wow thanks for this, shame it takes a mod to fix a defect

It's not a defect. It wasn't implemented for many of the reasons M4MKey listed in post #10.

thepharcyde
16-01-2016, 19:12
Many reasons, like what? Surely if you implement it 'officially' you do it right. How does Isi manage with RF2. the mods has no drawbacks for the bad weather option!!!

Mahjik
16-01-2016, 19:14
Many reasons, like what? Surely if you implement it 'officially' you do it right.

Exactly. Given the time and priorities, they couldn't implement it to their standards so it wasn't done. This mod shows some of the pieces that needed to be solved for an official implementation. Choosing not to implement something is NOT a software defect.

IJOJOI
16-01-2016, 19:23
I think it's due to the point that PC and Console Code is redundant. That's SMS desicion.
At least it seems very likely, since back in the day it was because of performance reasons.

thepharcyde
16-01-2016, 19:23
So players car on Ai/reflection in clear weather is not a defect. The benefits outway any negatives if option two, bad weather lighting was implemented by SMS

M4MKey
16-01-2016, 19:26
Well.. Anyway SMS did not implement it. I didn't released this mod to argue about that. I did it two years ago. This thread is just about the mod itself :) keep cool.

thepharcyde
16-01-2016, 19:31
I agree, I'm thankful that you have released it.

TassyDevil
18-01-2016, 04:45
Thanks for this mod.... works great.
The lights do come into the cockpit but doesn't it in real life?

Combine with mod with the Better Sounds mod and a better experience for Pcars.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44039-MOD-Better-AI-sounds

No real drop in performance running both for me:yes:

Invincible
18-01-2016, 05:51
Same here! Thank you for your efforts. I'm using both mods too, didn't notice any performance drop.

Stones
19-01-2016, 00:44
Is there a parameter for having the AI lights work for the replays? Just noticed they aren't on during playback.

Thanks

resmania
20-01-2016, 12:43
Thank you very much for this mod! :) Now I can drive in rain!!

M4MKey
20-01-2016, 14:10
Is there a parameter for having the AI lights work for the replays? Just noticed they aren't on during playback.

Thanks

That's quite weird because I don't have this issue. Mine are lit on replay. Though I use the "all weather" version. Maybe replays don't include specific weather data... not sure about it.

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 14:20
Mine are in instant replay too, but maybe he is talking about "saved" replays?

Stones
20-01-2016, 21:17
I'm using poor weather version. Lights come on and off dependent on the weather. In replay, they didn't come on at all ...just mine (player car). I'll try it at a few other tracks and see what shakes out.

Thanks

Konan
21-01-2016, 19:05
Okay ! Thanks to JDougNY, i'll be able to release a mod that enables AI lights on cars and track spotlights very very soon.

EDIT :

So, you'll need JDougNY unlocker.
32bit version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/z4wpkww1y47kda1/PCARS_32bModding_Unlocker_JDougNY_Patch7.1_V1.2.rar
64bit version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/68f4djij4ez1b54/PCARS_Modding_Unlocker_JDougNY_Patch7.1_V1.2.rar

Here is my mod : http://www.mediafire.com/download/417a7p4bbbmcoqr/AI+Lights.rar

My archive must be extracted in the "MODS" folder created by JDougNY archive. There are two folders, hence two choices :

AI lights ( bad weather ) : Only activates AI lights and trackside lights for foggy,rainy,stormy weathers.
AI lights ( all weathers ) : Does the same but also enables AI carlights for clear,cloudy,overcast weathers.

I presume this is pc only?

Machinist90
21-01-2016, 19:32
the mods coming out these days are giving me hope pcars will reach the heights it should have

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 19:43
I presume this is pc only?

Unless there is a way to hack a PS4 to get content that isn't approved by Sony, none of the "mods" will ever be seen on PS4 (or XB1 for that matter).

Konan
21-01-2016, 19:45
Unless there is a way to hack a PS4 to get content that isn't approved by Sony, none of the "mods" will ever be seen on PS4 (or XB1 for that matter).

Noted...thanks for the reply :rolleyes:

rosko
21-01-2016, 22:46
thanks for this, just 1 of those little annoying things in pcars that tarnish things a little.

XettMan
22-01-2016, 13:33
Will there be a new version for Patch 8?

IJOJOI
22-01-2016, 13:51
Will there be a new version for Patch 8?

It works with patch 8 ;)

XettMan
22-01-2016, 15:03
Thanks for information.

M4MKey
22-01-2016, 15:11
Yup... In fact unlocker isn't needed for this mod. Sound mod needs a new version though. Still haven't found any unlocker for the v8 patch from JDougNY

XettMan
22-01-2016, 15:44
Just tested it. It works with patch 8.

After update of patch 8 I had to let run data inegrity, cause game loaded infinite time. So I thought mod will not work with patch 8.

I cannot play PCars without Crew Chief and this mod anymore. Massive immersion gain.
Thanks for these cool mods/apps.

M4MKey
22-01-2016, 15:56
Just tried to update to the Autoprophet's unlocker files. And also hat to uninstall everymod and recheck files from steam. Then reinstalling properly the unlocker and enabling those mods worked flawlessly :)

slider916
25-01-2016, 19:11
I have a question about this mod. Will the lights still turn off during a clear day and turn back on on a clear night?

Thanks.

IJOJOI
25-01-2016, 19:20
I have a question about this mod. Will the lights still turn off during a clear day and turn back on on a clear night?

Thanks.

it's tied to the weather I believe, so if it's sunny there won't be any lights.

Furthermore there are 2 versions of the mod.
One where the AI has the Lights always on, and another one, where they only use it during bad conditions ;)

slider916
25-01-2016, 19:30
My main concern was if I wanted to run a race where it rained during the day and clear at night if the headlights would still stay on at night or turn off due to no night rain.

IJOJOI
25-01-2016, 20:18
My main concern was if I wanted to run a race where it rained during the day and clear at night if the headlights would still stay on at night or turn off due to no night rain.

At night they turn on either way, I already tested that ;)

slider916
25-01-2016, 20:39
Thanks! :)

artao
29-01-2016, 10:41
I'd really like to install this mod, looks sweet! But I'm a little confused.
In the first post you say we need the JDougNY unlocker.
Then you said, in post #35 on page 4:

Yup... In fact unlocker isn't needed for this mod. Sound mod needs a new version though. Still haven't found any unlocker for the v8 patch from JDougNY
But then further down page 4, in post #37 you say:

Just tried to update to the Autoprophet's unlocker files. And also hat to uninstall everymod and recheck files from steam. Then reinstalling properly the unlocker and enabling those mods worked flawlessly :)

So my final take here is that I use Autoprophet's unlocker files?
Also, will this have to be updated after today's new DLC? (new cars, so I'm assuming yes)
I'll hold off on installing for now, as I don't want to break anything with my game.
Thanks for making this!! :)

EDIT: Also concerning your sound mod. I figured it best to NOT post the same question in both threads ;)

naton566
29-01-2016, 17:44
I am also a little confused as to the process of this

what I have done:

1. copy JSGME.exe and the MODS folder into the main game folder

2. copy this and better sounds folders into the MOD folder

3. Launch JSGME.exe

4. Activate the patcher

5. activate other mods

launch the game and then it crashes.

have I done something wrong or are these files incompatible with the latest patch and DLC?

IJOJOI
29-01-2016, 19:59
Well, which unlocker did you use??

M4MKey
30-01-2016, 08:22
AI Lights mod works as a standalone I think. Better sounds mod needs the 8.0 unlocker though.

So you'd need to activate the unlocker 8.0. Then the mods themself.

Also, will this have to be updated after today's new DLC? (new cars, so I'm assuming yes)
I'll hold off on installing for now, as I don't want to break anything with my game.
Thanks for making this!! :)

EDIT: Also concerning your sound mod. I figured it best to NOT post the same question in both threads ;)

AI Lights mod is 100% independant of car files. So whatever car DLC comes out. It will still work directly with them :)

M4MKey
30-01-2016, 08:28
I just edited the first post to make it easier to understand.

artao
30-01-2016, 16:16
Awesome, thanks :)
I'll give these a try today.

zuotoski
09-02-2016, 18:42
Hi!

First of all, thanks for this great app, it is very simple and useful at the same time. I've made a tutorial about Crew Chief and AI Light for my Brazilian fellows (so, the tutorial is in Brazilian-Portuguese). If this is some kind of useful, here is the video and the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WuKnEfozA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WuKnEfozA

Cheers :)

ironman
14-02-2016, 15:18
thank you for this useful mod;
I noticed (in non modded Pcars..) sometimes some car has lights (they seem led lights...) on even at day time: they are non flashlights but side lights (secondary ones...excuse me I don't know exectly the right english translation....): you ca see them very well in Bentley or mercedes GT3.
I wonder if it's possible to implement this case in the mod, that is having only side lights (secondary lights ) on when normally all lights would be off
Thanks !!!!

M4MKey
14-02-2016, 17:00
Not sure I understood your message. But unfortunately. I know no way to "improve" what this mod is doing right now. Formula cars will have their pitstop rear light ( just above their diffusers ) ON with this mod for example. But I can't choose which kind of light is on or off. :)

ironman
14-02-2016, 17:43
thank you for you quick answer, is it possible to have some car with lights turned on and some car with lights turned off at the same time ?
thank you so much for your mod

M4MKey
14-02-2016, 18:47
Yes and No...

The parameter changed by this mod is "LightsHint". It makes it defaulted to 1 instead of 0 in bad/all weather, and not dependent of the time of day. LightsHint isn't really "turned lights On/Off". It's more "% of the grid with lights turned ON". So a value of 0.5 would make 50% of the grid have their lights ON. BUT, you can't really choose which one of the AI will have their lights on.

Hope it's clear enough :)

maxx2504
14-02-2016, 19:42
Hi !

Dumb question: Is it possible that the AI turn the lights on at poor weather and ALWAYS on LeMans ? I looked into the files of the mod but i guess you can only change the light by weather not by track right ?

Telstar
14-02-2016, 20:56
Just discovered this mod here, it's something I've been waiting for a long time.

Brief question: In the OP it says you need the unlocker for version 8.0 of the game. Now with patch 9.0 out, does the mod still work with the unlocker 9.0, or is unlocker version 8.0 required?

M4MKey
14-02-2016, 21:40
@Maxx2504 : Yes, this is working weather-related. Certain tracks are using certain weathers ( some different climates were created during the game development ), still, even if you found the correct climate for le Mans, this would change other tracks too. :) So, hard to find the only ones you want, and still it wouldn't be only for this track, but this kind of climate.

@Telstar : Will change the first post. This needs unlocker 9.0 :)

ironman
15-02-2016, 11:55
Yes and No...

The parameter changed by this mod is "LightsHint". It makes it defaulted to 1 instead of 0 in bad/all weather, and not dependent of the time of day. LightsHint isn't really "turned lights On/Off". It's more "% of the grid with lights turned ON". So a value of 0.5 would make 50% of the grid have their lights ON. BUT, you can't really choose which one of the AI will have their lights on.

Hope it's clear enough :)

Thank you, absolutely clear:D
I kindly ask you to provide us a version with, say, 20% cars with lights on in every weather condition....., just to add some variety

M4MKey
15-02-2016, 15:51
Hmmm... I'm not sure to understand what's the point in doing such things ironman. So I won't do it. But you can easily do it yourself with any number if you want :

- Just make a copy of my mod folder ( to distinguish my mod from your iteration of it ).
- Go to the folders \tracks\_data\weather.
- For each .wtc file that starts with "weather" word, open them and search for "Lightshint".

You should find something like this :

<LightsHint>
<el e="-5.000000" value="1.000000" />
<el e="5.000000" value="1.000000" />
<el e="175.000000" value="1.000000" />
<el e="185.000000" value="1.000000" />
</LightsHint>

- Replace the bolded values by 0.2 ( for 20% of cars having their lights on ).
- Activate your mod through JSGME instead of mine.

And voila !

ironman
15-02-2016, 16:07
thank you so much, for your kind answer, (my purpose is to reduce a little the amount of lights because in some case I notice a slight inpact on fps performances ....)

Bad_Dan
16-02-2016, 15:57
If I have the mod installed and there comes another patch, do I have to wait for another unlocker and have to install the mod again, or ist it working "forever" once it is installed?

M4MKey
16-02-2016, 17:39
Hmmm.. better to desactivate and reactivate it. To be sure the dummy files are back in place.

But this mod already contains its own "unlocker". So it should just do fine :)

Bad_Dan
16-02-2016, 17:49
Ok thanks. Will see with the next patch. ;)

zuotoski
26-02-2016, 14:05
Hi!

Really enjoying this MOD, I'll donate some bucks as soons as I can (hard days here in Brazil). I have a question: Is it possible to enable it in the replay, too? Yesterday I've recorded a replay of a stormy day race. In the race it woked perfectly, but in the replay all AI cars had their lights off, except mine.

Cheers :)

M4MKey
26-02-2016, 14:22
First, I don't have any donate button :D ( maybe I should ? ^^ )

Secondly, I think that you must use the "all weather" version for the replay to work :)

Roger Prynne
26-02-2016, 14:36

Secondly, I think that you must use the "all weather" version for the replay to work :)

Sorry but not allowed anymore.

maxx2504
26-02-2016, 15:08

If im not mistaken, he can just use the poor weather files. The AI always have the lights on in replay at poor weather. Maybe just a bug or graphic settings ? Idk... :)

M4MKey
26-02-2016, 15:36
I already heard about this issue. And I think that sometimes, the game replay doesn't use the correct weather files. It even happened to me that the whole weather was different from the race itself on MP session...

Telstar
26-02-2016, 16:01
Another short question: I use the "poor weather" version of your mod. When it starts to rain, the AI turns on their lights and simultaniously the floodlights around the track are switched on, too. Is it possible to only have the AI lights turned on without the floodlights?

zuotoski
26-02-2016, 19:05

Well, I didn't notice that you don't have any donate option (I surely mistaken it for another MOD).

Anyway, I don't think that 'all weather' is a good choice for me, once the fun of this MOD is to have something dynamic, IMO. So, I'll accept this flaw, and understand that it may be caused by the game itself, once the data to change the lihghts behavior is taken from the game, if I understood correctly.

Laszlo Abay
23-03-2016, 18:33
Hello!

Unfortunately, the latest patch does not work with ai lighting mod 10.0. patch. This is the best way to miss her! to improve the 10.0 patch? thank you very much! Sorry for my bad english!

Bad_Dan
23-03-2016, 19:30
Yes, noticed that too. I think we have to wait for new unpacked bootfiles 10 to have it back working.

ELAhrairah
23-03-2016, 19:44
yes been trying to get it work :(

M4MKey
23-03-2016, 20:20
Well yes. SMS has judged important to revise some of the weatherdata files. I don't think it adds AI lights by default :) Otherwise it would be on the changelog, and they'd get applause for doing such thing. Meanwhile, I don't have the skill to decompress this particular pakfile and make it viable. And as JDougNY is almost quitting from modding... There is only small chance for this mod to be working again correctly.

crowtrobot
23-03-2016, 20:29
Well yes. SMS has judged important to revise some of the weatherdata files. I don't think it adds AI lights by default :) Otherwise it would be on the changelog, and they'd get applause for doing such thing. Meanwhile, I don't have the skill to decompress this particular pakfile and make it viable. And as JDougNY is almost quitting from modding... There is only small chance for this mod to be working again correctly.
Do you need WEATHERDATA or WEATHERTEXTURES? I can unpack it for you to get this mod back up and running.

M4MKey
23-03-2016, 20:33
Oww man. Just weatherdata. that should do it :-/

PS : Also, I will never thank you enough for what you did, you're about to do, and will continue to do. Same goes for every modder I got involved with. And I really hope lot of users of those mods realize how much time and involvment is put to make those things.

M4MKey
23-03-2016, 20:58
Hmmm... so the latest from JDougNY seems to be that even WeatherDATA is protected from running loose. So that means that this mod will never work again. Still needs to be confirmed. But each time I read something today, I get more and more gutted. Brilliant work SMS.

GAT_Montana
23-03-2016, 21:10
Ok...so all mods sucessfully killed, yes? I don't want to believe that SMS would do such stupid things without a reason? Any official comment?

ELAhrairah
24-03-2016, 04:01
Ian promised to give modding more space . So i assume what sms did must be unintentional. Maybe they can turn it back.

maxx2504
24-03-2016, 06:23
Ok...so all mods sucessfully killed, yes? I don't want to believe that SMS would do such stupid things without a reason? Any official comment?

Stay frosty and read this ;) http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project&p=1255987&viewfull=1#post1255987

ELAhrairah
24-03-2016, 06:41
Stay frosty and read this ;) http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project&p=1255987&viewfull=1#post1255987

Ahh thats actually brilliant news!

Laz Moe
24-03-2016, 12:38
Good news ! And this thread will be updated when the light mod Works Again, right ? Missing it :victorious:

ELAhrairah
24-03-2016, 13:49
Hmmm... so the latest from JDougNY seems to be that even WeatherDATA is protected from running loose. So that means that this mod will never work again. Still needs to be confirmed. But each time I read something today, I get more and more gutted. Brilliant work SMS.

Latest news is that modding is supposed to be easier but it wasnt communicated so everything escalated quickly lol.. Do you have any idea if this new development in modding will fix the AI Mod? It is one of the best mods out there :applause:

M4MKey
24-03-2016, 14:07
So far, the only info I have from JDougNY is that the specific weatherdata pakfile isn't supported in the new system that SMS is making. I asked for confirmation to SMS, let's wait for some answer. If pakfile can't be modified, the mod can't exist anymore.

ELAhrairah
24-03-2016, 14:26
So far, the only info I have from JDougNY is that the specific weatherdata pakfile isn't supported in the new system that SMS is making. I asked for confirmation to SMS, let's wait for some answer. If pakfile can't be modified, the mod can't exist anymore.

If thats the case i will personally hunt Irish (ian) down and force him to fix it lol

Seriously: it must be possible, it is one of the BEST mods out there.

Let us know ey please if they cannot find a way to include your mod.

crowtrobot
24-03-2016, 14:30
If JDougNY has checked it out already, there's probably little I can do, sorry mate. If you still want the files to poke around in with a hex-editor and maybe see what's changed, lmk and I can provide them. Is the issue that the loose files aren't loaded, or that they've been encrypted?

ELAhrairah
24-03-2016, 14:51
If JDougNY has checked it out already, there's probably little I can do, sorry mate. If you still want the files to poke around in with a hex-editor and maybe see what's changed, lmk and I can provide them. Is the issue that the loose files aren't loaded, or that they've been encrypted?

Sorry to mix myself noob in this discussion crow but wanted to say that maybe this should be mentioned to andy as well. The ai lighting mod is in my opinion and i believe many others a crucial mod. Heck i cant even race in bad weather now, ai is blurry due to all the spray etc...

M4MKey
24-03-2016, 14:59

Issue is just about running it loose apparently :x

Mahjik
24-03-2016, 15:04
Issue is just about running it loose apparently :x

It's likely deeper than that (i.e. there is likely protection around the "non loose" files that can/will get flagged if altered). It appears the goal is to ensure that those competing with eSports cannot change files that could alter the competition. I would assume messing with anything weather wise would be blocked (to ensure all drivers are competing with the same weather conditions) even though your mod is harmless in that respect.

M4MKey
24-03-2016, 15:11
Even if I understand this. And even if it's perfectly reasonable for SMS to avoid cheating in the game. I don't understand the "esport" thing at all. Any major game that has esport, uses standardized computers that are not the ones from the players. So sorry, I don't like this particular reasonning.

Still I agree, the game is their intellectual property, they have the right to do so.

crowtrobot
24-03-2016, 15:47
Even if I understand this. And even if it's perfectly reasonable for SMS to avoid cheating in the game. I don't understand the "esport" thing at all. Any major game that has esport, uses standardized computers that are not the ones from the players. So sorry, I don't like this particular reasonning.

Still I agree, the game is their intellectual property, they have the right to do so.
Sort of OT, but I think when eSport is referenced around here, it's including the ESL weekend matches, as well as the running Driver Network Championships; it's not specifically referring to pro/semi-pro level events where everyone's at the same place with the same computer.

M4MKey
24-03-2016, 15:49
Well, if there's money behind all of those kind of events, then it should be done in a controlled environment. Let's end this OT though ^^ as I'm not in a mood for a debate around eSport and pCARS.

zuotoski
24-03-2016, 20:52
So sorry to know that this brilliant mod may not work anymore. Lights on cars on any race in bad weather is essential! Now that we finally had it... again, taken from us. It is frustrating, honestly.:mad:

XettMan
25-03-2016, 04:32
It was the only mod I used.
Hope it will be enabled soon.
Racing against AI in bad weather without headlights on destroys immersion.

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 06:41
Just to put in perspective things... This mod is maybe one of the easiest that was made by the community. It requires something like 5 minutes of time to tweak every weather to have AI lights.

I made a whole thread and information about this, with performance tests and explanations of how to do it. And therefore, asked for this as a patch. All this was done long time before the game even launched. It never received any official answer.

Now that's it's being taken away again. That'd be nice if at least SMS could make it happen in a patch.

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 06:42
Yup, having green sky is really a big advantage :( The only advantage I could really see from editing weatherdata is to remove darkness from nights....

Sankyo
25-03-2016, 07:15
Yup, having green sky is really a big advantage :( The only advantage I could really see from editing weatherdata is to remove darkness from nights....
Or make the ambient/track temperature higher for better grip...

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 07:17
Hmmm... I thought weatherdata was only visual...

Sankyo
25-03-2016, 07:19
Hmmm... I thought weatherdata was only visual...

Not sure about that, I think cloudyness and season influence track temperature but TBH I'm not sure anymore whether all of that is in pC1 or some of it is pC2 stuff :).

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 07:22
Anyway, that's a little OT from this thread. And I think if you read my post on the AI lights, you can't argue with what I said. I made a lot of effort before launch of the game to show how make AI lights and all that. And that never came in a patch.

It's a feature that is really trivial to add ( in terms of time/ressources ), and yet that is more than vital for solo play.

Sankyo
25-03-2016, 07:26
Anyway, that's a little OT from this thread. And I think if you read my post on the AI lights, you can't argue with what I said. I made a lot of effort before launch of the game to show how make AI lights and all that. And that never came in a patch.

It's a feature that is really trivial to add ( in terms of time/ressources ), and yet that is more than vital for solo play.
There was also a good reason to disable it in the game (performance on consoles), and given that the goal is usually to keep a game the same over all platforms, the PC version had to suffer and also had this disabled. Enabling it again for PC only in a patch obviously goes against that principle.

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 07:30
I really don't like this argument though... The game from the very start was different on PC and console. It never had the same graphical fidelity. Console and PC players both know it. Why the developper must fake it doesn't know it ???

As for this particular feature, i'd love to know if console players would prefer have it and loose either peformance or visual fidelity, or stay as they are now... I really would love to see such question asked.

Sankyo
25-03-2016, 07:54
I really don't like this argument though... The game from the very start was different on PC and console. It never had the same graphical fidelity. Console and PC players both know it. Why the developper must fake it doesn't know it ???
The developer doesn't "fake" anything. In order to be able to support and maintain a multi-platform game better, it's best to keep as much as possible equal over all platforms. Because when fixing platform-specific things, it means less risk of breaking such platform-unique options/features. That means that they'll have to make choices. The fact that some people don't like those choices or don't understand them doesn't change the underlying facts, nor does it make the developers incapable, dishonest or whatever.

As for this particular feature, i'd love to know if console players would prefer have it and loose either peformance or visual fidelity, or stay as they are now... I really would love to see such question asked.
I can predict the answer: make it an option. Before release, this was not feasible because timing and priorities. Now, it's most probably not an option either to introduce this option because of the risks involved when introducing a new feature.

All you can do you is make the devs consider this for pCARS2.

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 08:04
I can predict the answer: make it an option. Before release, this was not feasible because timing and priorities. Now, it's most probably not an option either to introduce this option because of the risks involved when introducing a new feature.
All you can do you is make the devs consider this for pCARS2.

Again, not agreeing there. As maybe you saw if you tried the AI lights mod. It wasn't breaking anything. It was active during some months, on a multiple of computers. Anyway I already had this debate with you prior to launch. You're a good moderator, that's sure. But that's not your answer that I'd like to have.

And If this mod can't be re-enabled however we do it, then it is a mistake. That is my opinion, and I'm pretty sure it's been shared.

SpeedFreakDTM
25-03-2016, 09:19
As a console player, I don't want anything added that will negatively affect the frame rate. Some tracks still are not smooth, like spa. Loose the detailed grass I say.

Laszlo Abay
25-03-2016, 09:25
The default mode should be in the game!
the real race is to turn on the lights at bad weather conditions!!!
SMS ai lighting mod put the game!

GAT_Montana
25-03-2016, 10:22
Just to put in perspective things... This mod is maybe one of the easiest that was made by the community. It requires something like 5 minutes of time to tweak every weather to have AI lights.

I made a whole thread and information about this, with performance tests and explanations of how to do it. And therefore, asked for this as a patch. All this was done long time before the game even launched. It never received any official answer.

Now that's it's being taken away again. That'd be nice if at least SMS could make it happen in a patch.

If I remember correctly the Lights issue finaly was the reason that my membrship was canceled from SMS because of complaining to much :( It is so important for the immersion and the performance argument not realy valid. To bad. I cant get why SMS was not implementing a simplified lights system, just switch on the lights without the beams and effects would be much better than that.

jarvis
25-03-2016, 10:58

I totally agree! Why this isn't available as an option to turn off/on for pc players is incomprehensible to me.

GAT_Montana
25-03-2016, 11:47
Well, the explanation is to be in line with the console version. May be SMS was afraid about complaining consoleros? Don't know.

crowtrobot
25-03-2016, 11:56
Well, the explanation is to be in line with the console version. May be SMS was afraid about complaining consoleros? Don't know.
More likely they want to keep the branches of code-base to a minimum.

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 13:13
post removed because there's no point.

zuotoski
25-03-2016, 13:45
There was also a good reason to disable it in the game (performance on consoles), and given that the goal is usually to keep a game the same over all platforms, the PC version had to suffer and also had this disabled. Enabling it again for PC only in a patch obviously goes against that principle.

Agree, but it could be implemented as an option in the graphics menu:

- Enable AI Lights in bad weather (Yes/No)

Simple as that.

M4MKey
25-03-2016, 13:47
To be fair, making options isn't as simple as the mod is. it needs extra coding, and some UI tweak too. So you can easily add hours to make this particular tweak ( which takes 5 minutes ) to make it optional.

zuotoski
25-03-2016, 13:55
To be fair, making options isn't as simple as the mod is. it needs extra coding, and some UI tweak too. So you can easily add hours to make this particular tweak ( which takes 5 minutes ) to make it optional.

I'm not saying that the implementation itself is simple, I am saying that the solution would be simple/obvious. I think that the way things are now, it is more difficult to let mods like this to work, because it would have to deal with other mods that need/use the same method. I'm just wondering, here, of course.

Marine
25-03-2016, 14:09
I can't understand sms this mod is very important!!
I can see nothing with fog where the other cars are only if they brake and then it usually is too late!!!
Please enable this great mod! :)

Sankyo
25-03-2016, 14:33
Agree, but it could be implemented as an option in the graphics menu:

- Enable AI Lights in bad weather (Yes/No)

Simple as that.
IIRC it was discussed, but not done like that due to lack of time and resources.

jarvis
25-03-2016, 14:48

Sure I get that to a certain level like the same 60fps experience, content and so on..., but its not like the console version has the same graphical settings available as the pc version. Therefore the pc version was never totally in line with the console version in that case.

Laszlo Abay
25-03-2016, 15:04
Without the mod unplayable and unpalatable bad weather conditions!!!!
SMS urgently improve the AI ligths!!!!!

Bealdor
25-03-2016, 17:00
Sure I get that to a certain level like the same 60fps experience, content and so on..., but its not like the console version has the same graphical settings available as the pc version. Therefore the pc version was never totally in line with the console version in that case.

That's because SMS can't make those graphics settings available on consoles. That's why they balanced the settings around the desired performance.

jarvis
25-03-2016, 18:02
That's because SMS can't make those graphics settings available on consoles. That's why they balanced the settings around the desired performance.

Let's be honest. Every cross-platform game on PC has more options available then the console version. Be it better antialiasing methods, higher texture resolution....

Bealdor
25-03-2016, 18:21
Let's be honest. Every cross-platform game on PC has more options available then the console version. Be it better antialiasing methods, higher texture resolution....

Yes, simply because Sony and MS won't allow it.

GAT_Montana
25-03-2016, 20:57
IIRC it was discussed, but not done like that due to lack of time and resources.

This, finally was the point...lack of time. But considering the fact how much better and more realistic this game does look like with the Lights mod it should be implemented with the game of the year edition. It won't happen, I know.

XettMan
26-03-2016, 10:11
Unfortunatelly SMS put alot of rain and fog into the events.
This was not a problem for me anymore with this great mod.
Driving in bad weather conditions and being the only one with headlights turned on kills immersion massivly and sometimes AI is very hard to see, you only can see them when they break because of their brakelights.

I know that SMS doesn't want to separate versions on different platforms, but versions are already different because of different options, so why not to add AI lights as an option only for PC version?
I know the reason: Part 1 already sold, now let's make money with part 2, immersion and playability doesn't matter.

ELAhrairah
26-03-2016, 10:33
We are all just speculating here the reasons why sms has made a new method for modding which unfortunately made this particular mod unfunctional☹️
My thought is that it was just pure bad communication with the mod community. I know this because in previous posts Ian said that he would allow pc users to have the ai lights enabled. So that is why I believe that this must be something that perhaps with a patch can be fixed?

Edit: maybe there should be direct contact with someone from sms or with Ian himself

ELAhrairah
26-03-2016, 11:32
Please do not consider this an attack on Pcars which in my eyes is one of if not the best in its genre.

I think the head of this topic speaks for itself.

We have a talented modder who finally enabled AI lights in bad weather and this added spectaculair realism to the game and experience.

Unfortunately with the latest changes to the game has killed this excellent mod.

Please please please please make this mod possible again.

Laz Moe
26-03-2016, 12:02
Well, I can honorstly not understand SMS. They will lose more customers that way and I'm off my way to another racing game. Not bother to waste more time on Pcars and letting my frustrations go away with an uninstall, because of this strange policy they lead. I've allway believed it feels like arcade-ish and like Shift 2 unleashed with those smart and "cool" comments from the pitengineer...like talking to a teenager.
They should allow people to mod the game, like they do in other games, like SCS Truck sim games. They gain more gamers and customers that way, and they got more popular and extended the games and experinced they're games got very popular when there where mods to download and to make the game better and SCS build this to there modmakers:
http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/12/scs-blender-tools-full-set.html
SMS, let people build mods, don't sit on the game like Microsoft do with there's products. Don't be square, be open. Make people smile when they're racing. Let them get goosebumps with the little things.
Just my thoughts. Away to race other simgames. Have a nice Easter.

Sankyo
26-03-2016, 12:06
Well, I can honorstly not understand SMS. They will lose more customers that way and I'm off my way to another racing game. Not bother to waste more time on Pcars and letting my frustrations go away with an uninstall, because of this strange policy they lead. I've allway believed it feels like arcade-ish and like Shift 2 unleashed with those smart and "cool" comments from the pitengineer...like talking to a teenager.
They should allow people to mod the game, like they do in other games, like SCS Truck sim games. They gain more gamers and customers that way, and they got more popular and extended the games and experinced they're games got very popular when there where mods to download and to make the game better and SCS build this to there modmakers:
http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/12/scs-blender-tools-full-set.html
SMS, let people build mods, don't sit on the game like Microsoft do with there's products. Don't be square, be open. Make people smile when they're racing. Let them get goosebumps with the little things.
Just my thoughts. Away to race other simgames. Have a nice Easter.
Really, your comments and "you will lose customers" threats are completely misplaced. We are talking about one mod here that currently does not work. SMS already clearly showed in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project) that they're actually opening the game up to modding, in a controlled and modder-friendly way. The only thing lacking was communication up to now. They're listening, they know people want to be able to mod the game and they're actively looking into supporting it while keeping the game closed down for cheating.

Please inform yourself completely before starting rants and accusations.

Bealdor
26-03-2016, 12:49
snip

Threads merged. The devs are already aware of the issues regarding this mod. No need for a separate thread.
Btw. I also think that this is a great mod that improves the game experience. I too hope it can be made functional again. :)

Machinist90
26-03-2016, 13:08
great to see how project cars supports the modding community...cough..
Think I'll stick with patch 9

Bealdor
26-03-2016, 13:11
great to see how project cars supports the modding community...cough..
Think I'll stick with patch 9

How about you read up on the latest dev posts before making sarcastic remarks. ;)

Machinist90
26-03-2016, 13:28
How about you read up on the latest dev posts before making sarcastic remarks. ;)

nah mate,patch 9 is fine

Sankyo
26-03-2016, 16:05
nah mate,patch 9 is fine

It will become a lot better soon, when SMS posts documentation about the new mods support. As Bealdor already said, read up on the topic before jumping to (wrong) conclusions.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project

LamboMantisMan23
26-03-2016, 16:16
It will become a lot better soon, when SMS posts documentation about the new mods support. As Bealdor already said, read up on the topic before jumping to (wrong) conclusions.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project

Does this mean SMS are yet to explains everything? Hopefully everything will just get put in a pdf and posted.

zuotoski
26-03-2016, 16:42

Well, let me be fair here: that will be brilliant! :)

JDougNy
26-03-2016, 17:28
@ M4MKey

Check your P.M. for the unpacked Weatherdata package that I made Patch 10 Compatible.
Edit the files within. Don't mix other files into what I provided, especially any BMT files.

I'll explain what has happened, since patch 10. The game is having trouble reading some of its' own unpacked binary material files (BMT). Ran into this same problem with addon cars. So, all I did was change the Binary material files (BMT) in the Weatherdata BFF to their XML counterparts (MTX).
There shouldn't be any reason to stop edits to lightshint now. If there is, just let me know.

M4MKey
26-03-2016, 17:58
Seems to be working flawlessly JDougNy. I owe... WE owe you a lot... really a lot. Thanks :)
First post edited with download link for patch10.

XettMan
26-03-2016, 18:55
Just tested it. It works fine again. Thanks to you two guys :love_heart:, now I can enjoy playing Pcars under bad weather conditions again.:)

Sankyo
26-03-2016, 19:35
Does this mean SMS are yet to explains everything? Hopefully everything will just get put in a pdf and posted.
That's what Andy Garton stated earlier this week, yes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project&p=1256013&viewfull=1#post1256013).

goon
26-03-2016, 20:23
So relieved this is working again. My two races since Patch 10 have not been quite right.

F3n3k
27-03-2016, 02:45
Thanks for the update, but where i can found the JSGME version for patch 10 ?
Or it's compatible with JSGME patch9 ?

thanks for your help

crowtrobot
27-03-2016, 03:37
Thanks for the update, but where i can found the JSGME version for patch 10 ?
Or it's compatible with JSGME patch9 ?

thanks for your help
If you have a previous version of JSGME, it will work just fine. JSGME is just a convenient way to copy + backup files, it's non-specific to pCARS.

slider916
27-03-2016, 13:50
Thank you for making this valuable mod work again.
Hopefully this will be implemented in the base game of Pcars2

Marine
27-03-2016, 14:56
Hi I got the mod JSGME 9.1 enabled the game loads and loads! Did I do something wrong?

slider916
27-03-2016, 15:20
One thing I noticed is that in replays the headlights are off

Marine
27-03-2016, 15:30

How you have the mod installed?

Roger Prynne
27-03-2016, 16:32

Not always, as I've had some replays where all the AI lights are on and mine is off, and vise versa.

shiftee
27-03-2016, 18:29
Hi I got the mod JSGME 9.1 enabled the game loads and loads! Did I do something wrong?

I had the same issue, had to verify game cache with steam and now it works. now I just have to remember how to remove the intro vids again heh...

Stones
27-03-2016, 20:26
Only mod activated is latest lighting mod. I only see rain spray/smoke in my mirrors. Nothing from other cars and nothing in replays. All files validated. Anyone else seeing (or should I say not seeing) this?

Thanks

Stones
27-03-2016, 21:34
Further testing shows it's the lighting mod that shuts off rain/smoke, at least on my rig. No clue.

Roger Prynne
27-03-2016, 22:02
Most mods are not working correctly at the moment due to new code work to make mods easier to implement.... should be fixed SMSoon.

GAT_Montana
27-03-2016, 22:03
Seems the Rainspray has been gone with the Mod?

GAT_Montana
27-03-2016, 22:04
Yep, same here.

M4MKey
27-03-2016, 22:08
I really don't know how the mod could affect this. As smoke effect isn't dependent to the weatherdata.bff. I tried again both versions ( poor and all weathers ). And both work and have smoke.

GAT_Montana
27-03-2016, 22:10
And what's about Rainspray?

Stones
27-03-2016, 22:13
I really don't know how the mod could affect this. As smoke effect isn't dependent to the weatherdata.bff. I tried again both versions ( poor and all weathers ). And both work and have smoke.
I've removed all other mods and did a file validation. When the lighting mod is not enabled I have rain spray/tire smoke. With lighting mod activated I have neither. Latest version of JSGME also.

M4MKey
27-03-2016, 22:13
Can't replicate this. Have you tried desactivating everything on JSGME, checking file integrity of the game via steam. Then apply the latest version of the mod ? I have smoke/rain spray working perfectly on each version of the mod.

GAT_Montana
27-03-2016, 22:15
Tried all those steps, yes :-/

M4MKey
27-03-2016, 22:16
Are you playing on 64bits version ? What are your graphics settings ? I'm not sure I can do much though, as Roger Prynne said, latest patch has somewhat made things more complicated at the moment. To be clear, from my side, nothing as changed in the mod configuration from 9.1 to 10... it's just the dummy .bff that is different.

LamboMantisMan23
27-03-2016, 22:23
should be fixed SMSoon.

You are certinaly right there!

slider916
27-03-2016, 23:30
Just tried a LMP1 race at BRNO with normal rain. Poor weather mod only activated.
Rainspray and smoke works as it should.

slider916
27-03-2016, 23:30
Just tried a LMP1 race at BRNO with normal rain. Poor weather mod only activated.
Rainspray and smoke works as it should.

JDougNy
27-03-2016, 23:48
Further testing shows it's the lighting mod that shuts off rain/smoke, at least on my rig. No clue.
Running the Weatherdata unpacked for that lighting mod, seems to be breaking some of the effects...the effects being a part of a different BFF...makes no sense, but that's what is happening. I think M4Mkey should pull the lighting mod at this time. Simply running the Igphasefx.bff unpacked with dummy doesn't bring back the tyre smoke and other effects. Of course, there are a bunch of binary materials to deal with. I'll see if switching to MTX brings the effects back. If so, I could supply M4Mkey with more of the game unpacked to make the lighting mod work.
Jeez....it's starting to sound like I should just create a massive unpacked package again.

EDIT: Also, M4Mkey didn't follow my instructions. I said to edit the files within. Instead doing that, M4Mkey slammed a bunch of old Weather files into the package, which were previously edited for the old version of the mod.

M4MKey
28-03-2016, 00:16
Well yeah, I didn't go the way of editing each file all over again. Because I doubted the weather files were changed anyway. I could try to update that later today ( after some sleep ). But I still don't understand how this would change anything, as this is working for some, and not for others, this makes no sense :D

EDIT : For those with issues, try this version of the mod : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xaipb38c6m9wsbc/AIlights.rar

If this is fixing your issues, I'll update the first post of the topic. Otherwise, nothing I can do :( (Now it's time to sleep...)

jarvis
28-03-2016, 00:31
same for me. Spa with normal rain and mod activated no rainspray on cars.

M4MKey
28-03-2016, 00:35
For those with issues, try this version of the mod : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xaipb38c6m9wsbc/AIlights.rar

If this is fixing your issues, I'll update the first post of the topic. Otherwise, nothing I can do :(

F3n3k
28-03-2016, 00:47
For those with issues, try this version of the mod : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xaipb38c6m9wsbc/AIlights.rar

If this is fixing your issues, I'll update the first post of the topic. Otherwise, nothing I can do :(

Nop don't work, i just try now with your link, and it's the same problem

JDougNy
28-03-2016, 01:51
First, @ M4Mkey. If you can't follow my instructions, then you're on your own in the future. I have no idea how old your recycled weather files are. It looks like the last update to the BFF was back on Dec 2015, though.

I'll try to explain what's happening so that people can understand.

1) The original patch 10 compatible unpacked Weatherdata files I made were good.
2) The OP stated that effects are broken when Weatherdata is forced to run unpacked, per the AI lighting mod.
3) I applied my Patch 10 unpacked Weatherdata with no edits whatsoever, and the effects are broken as the OP has stated. Test was done in clear weather...no tyre smoke.
4) Including the unpacked and dummied out Igphasefx does not recover the effects that are lost by running Weatherdata BFF unpacked. Also, running Igphasefx as the only mod worked fine.

Conclusion: It appears that the side effect of running Weatherdata unpacked is that some effects will be broken, due to whatever coding changes SMS did for patch 10. If that is something you can live with, use the lighting mod. If not, don't use the lighting mod.
Personally, I'd remove the mod, since it breaks some effects.

Stones
28-03-2016, 02:26
EDIT : For those with issues, try this version of the mod : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xaipb38c6m9wsbc/AIlights.rar

If this is fixing your issues, I'll update the first post of the topic. Otherwise, nothing I can do :( (Now it's time to sleep...)

Tried this with no change.

If I may ... JDougNy and M4MKey, please don't let this thread cause undo stress to all your hard work. Was just something I noticed and needed to know if I was messed up on my end or perhaps a larger issue. I'm sure it will workout in the end.

JDougNy
28-03-2016, 02:40
@ Stones

If you would read my post #13, I describe in detail how running Weatherdata.bff unpacked for that lighting mod breaks the effects.
It doesn't matter how M4Mkey edits the weather files. The issue is due to recent hard coding changes made by SMS.
There's no need to test anything further that M4Mkey edits as there is no way to get around the hard coding.

maxx2504
28-03-2016, 02:45
Hi !

How get the Mods work without New Boot FIles ? My mod doesnt work :D

JDougNy
28-03-2016, 02:54
Hi !

How get the Mods work without New Boot FIles ? My mod doesnt work :D
It's a matter of what type of mod you have, what files need to be unpacked to allow the mod to function, etc. It's starting to look like it's a bit hit and miss as to which mods can still remain working, though. Prime example is this discussion on the lighting mod....activate the mod and some effects are lost in the game.

M4MKey
28-03-2016, 08:09
First, @ M4Mkey. If you can't follow my instructions, then you're on your own in the future. I have no idea how old your recycled weather files are. It looks like the last update to the BFF was back on Dec 2015, though.

Yup, still no need to use that kind of tone... even with how I copied the weather files in the first place, I tested on my side before releasing, and it's working perfectly for me, with all effects... I remade every single files this late morning to let people try if it changes things ( but why would it ? ) and it doesn't.

I'll update the first post to warn people about this possible issue.

To be perfectly clear, i'm still using my "rough" edit of the mod on my own PC, and it's working flawlessly, with all effects.

slider916
28-03-2016, 11:22
For the record. I ran a GT3 race at Spa with the updated files, and everything was working fine without issue.

jarvis
28-03-2016, 12:47
Tried the new files but nothing changed from the previous version (no smoke and rainspray).

Mahjik
28-03-2016, 12:56
Merged threads...

Laszlo Abay
29-03-2016, 18:27
hello!
graphics settings: Particle Density ULTRA !!! and smoke, rainspay work!!!:unconscious:

thanks for the mod!:cheerful:

BullWinkle
29-03-2016, 19:55
hello!
graphics settings: Particle Density ULTRA !!! and smoke, rainspay work!!!:unconscious:

thanks for the mod!:cheerful:

Just tested this. It works. Nice find.:) Bit of a FPS hit for me though, usually mine set at medium.

F3n3k
29-03-2016, 22:19
yes it works, which proves that there is a problem with the patch or the mod.
But I feel it has fewer/less projections with the mod activated.
Can you Do some tests on your side for comfirme this.

cya

maxx2504
29-03-2016, 23:41
Hi !

How you get this mod to run without Boot Files ? Im confused... :(

BullWinkle
30-03-2016, 00:13
Hi !

How you get this mod to run without Boot Files ? Im confused... :(

I just use the JSGME for patch 9, I don't load up any boot files., just activate M4MKey's latest 'AI lights for patch10'.:)
and if you want the rain spray, you will need to set Particle Density to ULTRA, otherwise you will just have the lights.

F3n3k
30-03-2016, 00:16
BullWinkle can you test on your side if you have the same amount of rain spray with and without mod in ultra ?
See my post above

thanks

BullWinkle
30-03-2016, 00:20
I will give it a test shortly. Might be 1/2 to 45 min.:)

BullWinkle
30-03-2016, 01:23
BullWinkle can you test on your side if you have the same amount of rain spray with and without mod in ultra ?
See my post above

thanks

There may be a slight difference, with the mod/ultra, spray maybe not as dense looking as the NoMod/Ultra. Would be nice to run it with MED again though.FPS drop on ULTRA is a killer for me. MED is bad enough. lol. :D I'm sure they'll have it all working again soon. :)

F3n3k
30-03-2016, 02:41
There may be a slight difference, with the mod/ultra, spray maybe not as dense looking as the NoMod/Ultra. Would be nice to run it with MED again though.FPS drop on ULTRA is a killer for me. MED is bad enough. lol. :D I'm sure they'll have it all working again soon. :)

OK thanks, you confirm my feeling about that
And yes, this setting on ultra is a fps killer for me too... :(

M4MKey
30-03-2016, 07:52
Well, at least that's good to know what exactly is happening. Still i'm afraid that's not something I'll be able to investigate on my own. Will update first post to your latest infos.

F3n3k
30-03-2016, 07:56
:sorrow: :sorrow:

F3n3k
04-04-2016, 15:35
Hello, no news about an update of this mods about the bug of rain spray (ultra option is a fps killer) and patch 10.1 ?

Thanks

cya

shiftee
04-04-2016, 17:28
I was wondering why it seems like there was much less spray behind the cars than normal, guess it was this mod. does it affect any other particle density or just the rain spray? I really like full ultra for particles, hope I don't have to choose between vanilla ultra or this mod :(

F3n3k
15-04-2016, 16:38
up, any news or it's the end of this mod ?

thanks for reply

M4MKey
15-04-2016, 16:52
this mod is working on the latest patch still. It may change some particule effect for some, but as said , long time ago, I don't have the knowledge to make this better. If you can leave with less water spray for better visibility, then it still works.

F3n3k
15-04-2016, 17:09
Hello, no it don't work, you must set particles on ultra for have something..
That prove there are bugs with it.
And in fact particles on ultra is a huge fps killer

thanks

ELAhrairah
15-04-2016, 17:13
Hello, no it don't work, you must set particles on ultra for have something..
That prove there are bugs with it.
And in fact particles on ultra is a huge fps killer

thanks

Fps killers are :

- shadows
- reflections
- environment map

Set these at medium or even low and set particles at ultra.

You will see for yourself.

We should be grateful for modders that help this game, perhaps donate some money or invest in helping.

IJOJOI
29-04-2016, 19:55
I hope that this mod will work as intended again soon :D
Otherwise still great :D

Marine
13-06-2016, 18:02
I hope it because particles is for me a huge fps killer too! :(
in the past it works very well!

mw98
13-06-2016, 19:12
Yes, but even with particles on "ultra" the particles don't look like they were on "ultra" because the mods breaks some of the effects since patch 10. I think even JDoungNY couldn't fix those problems, so there's no hope...

jarvis
13-06-2016, 20:20
Really sad that this MOD got knocked out since the latest updates :/

Trux74
09-12-2016, 10:39
Any way to get this working again on patch 11?

Roger Prynne
09-12-2016, 13:59
^ Have you tried deactivating it and then reactivating it.
In fact I de/re-activate all my mods after an update..... and they always work afterwards.

Trux74
09-12-2016, 16:05
Yeah, have tried that, thanks.

Tar Heel
03-07-2018, 00:53
Thank you for this!