PDA

View Full Version : Patch 8.0

Pages : [1] 2

chrisff87
15-01-2016, 23:55
Any news on patch 8.0? I've been waiting for it to get back to PCars. We usually get patches around the 12th in PC and a few days after in consoles, but I havent seen anything yet on this month's patch.

F1_Racer68
15-01-2016, 23:58
Should be soon...... next DLC is scheduled for for the 26th

diesel97
16-01-2016, 00:09
I hope they took their time and TESTED the new tire physics.Hope its new tire (happy balance between v5,v6,v7 ) Lets hope for some big fixes/add ons. Patch 7.0 didnt have much in it .

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 02:06
It's time to patch. Come on!

KANETAKER
16-01-2016, 02:44

I'm waiting for the Update 8.0 before Christmas, because I'm not playing Project CARS from the day (December 19) they announced that the Update 8.0 will be a new fix (definitive) to the problem of tire temperature.

Because of that, it makes no sense for me to be training, playing, testing and preparing the set of cars with the current version&tire physics (7.0) as it comes out the new version will be re-reconfigure and change everything practiced in the 7.0

hkraft300
16-01-2016, 02:55
they announced that the Update 8.0 will be a new fix (definitive) to the problem of tire temperature.

No, they're reverting back to patch 5 tyres, but without the camber exploit.

3800racingfool
16-01-2016, 04:25
Because of that, it makes no sense for me to be training, playing, testing and preparing the set of cars with the current version&tire physics (7.0) as it comes out the new version will be re-reconfigure and change everything practiced in the 7.0

But that's half the fun!

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
16-01-2016, 07:22
Do people saying they ain't playing project cars because of the tyre heating problems realise that it isn't every car that has tyre heating issues many cars drive fine and we still having some great fun with pcars since last patch

Shinzah
16-01-2016, 08:16
Do people saying they ain't playing project cars because of the tyre heating problems realise that it isn't every car that has tyre heating issues many cars drive fine and we still having some great fun with pcars since last patch

Plus once the exploit is gone, I don't think suspension/dampers should matter all that much. Re-adjust toe and camber to a rational value and should be good to go.

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 08:40

lol.

what i see in patch 7 is lack of a relation beetween pressure and tyres
what i saw in patch 6 was that cars were train on binary

John Hargreaves
16-01-2016, 08:45

I believe it is true that some people prefer sulking to playing videogames. This is what the internet has taught me.

theothermexico
16-01-2016, 09:22
I believe it is true that some people prefer sulking to playing videogames. This is what these forums have taught me.

Fixed it for you

Mascot
16-01-2016, 10:13
Voice chat quality improvements and a fix for the Silverstone Classic pit issues would be most welcome.

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 10:19

i quote myself. come on sms, it's the weekend, let us burning our wheels and tyres!

KkDrummer
16-01-2016, 10:42
I think, when it comes to consoles, SMS is a bit behind the schedule at this point (DLC has been confirmed for 26 Jan.), unless they are planning to release all 3 versions on the same day, but this has never been done so go figure...

Fernandito
16-01-2016, 11:00
lol.

what i see in patch 7 is lack of a relation beetween pressure and tyres
Basically, with the exception of FA

RomKnight
16-01-2016, 13:17
I'd rather let them get the tyres working and wait till february instead of a rushed patch 7.1...

Then again in february championships will start again and this patch is doing no favours to race in grp.5 cars either :(

thmxvr
16-01-2016, 14:00
I would love more patches with further fixes to the game, but I honestly think 6.0 was the last patch. "Update" 7.0 was a joke (a bad one) and further "updates" (if released) will probably be even worse.
You got to get your expectation in line with what SMS delivers.

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 14:25
I'd rather let them get the tyres working and wait till february instead of a rushed patch 7.1...

Then again in february championships will start again and this patch is doing no favours to race in grp.5 cars either :(

26th is the deadline. :D

RomKnight
16-01-2016, 15:28
As per suggestion on the redbull page FOR DLC. Nothing to do with patches.

skells22
16-01-2016, 15:31
two things here, 1st its the weekend plus there a virtual race to deicde who is SMS network champion. i predict if everything been green flagged by Sony and Microsoft we get this patch after the dubai round has seen the virtual checked flag

flybikes
16-01-2016, 15:37

That is not correct! EVERY car has tyre heating issues! The thing, is that you will not notice that problem in a car like Formula A, like you notice in a Megane for obviously reasons.

If you play Project Cars in a "serious mod" where every second counts, you immediately notice the diference before/after patch in every car of the game.

The problem exist. And yes, it`s stupid to race right now. There is no point of racing with the wrong settings/broken game, neither adjust every car to this conditions, if in 2 or 3 weeks, everything will be normal and different again.

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 16:13
As per suggestion on the redbull page FOR DLC. Nothing to do with patches.

patches have inside dlc files! when you buy them, you download nothing!

16-01-2016, 16:20
That is not correct! EVERY car has tyre heating issues! The thing, is that you will not notice that problem in a car like Formula A, like you notice in a Megane for obviously reasons.

If you play Project Cars in a "serious mod" where every second counts, you immediately notice the diference before/after patch in every car of the game.

The problem exist. And yes, it`s stupid to race right now. There is no point of racing with the wrong settings/broken game, neither adjust every car to this conditions, if in 2 or 3 weeks, everything will be normal and different again.

I play this game seriously, since the patch without changing my setup I can match my previously set time pre patch and in some cases even go faster than before. So if tyre heating is an "issue" why am I not affected by it like many of you claim to be?

Silraed
16-01-2016, 16:57
I play this game seriously, since the patch without changing my setup I can match my previously set time pre patch and in some cases even go faster than before. So if tyre heating is an "issue" why am I not affected by it like many of you claim to be?

In some cars the tyre issue is that there is now absolutely no punishment for abusing your tyres, in others you can't keep heat and then in some others there seems to just be general lack of grip.

KkDrummer
16-01-2016, 18:56
In some cars the tyre issue is that there is now absolutely no punishment for abusing your tyres, in others you can't keep heat and then in some others there seems to just be general lack of grip.

totally agree with you. I have been playing more Forza than PCars and this can't be right! SMS gotta get this right for 8.0 simply cuz the basic core of the game is broken atm.

RomKnight
16-01-2016, 19:27
patches have inside dlc files! when you buy them, you download nothing!

Patches don't necessarily have DLC content. Actually there was one patch already that came out for PC only before (call it hot fix if you want).

It has just been convenient to merge both content and fixes.

diesel97
16-01-2016, 19:45
Patches don't necessarily have DLC content. Actually there was one patch already that came out for PC only before (call it hot fix if you want).

Patches don't necessarily have to have DLC content but DLC content HAS to be in a patch,thats the only way the multi-player wont be segregated

RomKnight
16-01-2016, 19:49
I meant that patch as in fixes. Which means 26 is not a deadline for tyres much needed corrections.

Rubrbrnr
16-01-2016, 19:54
Seriously, those who are complaining that faulty heat dissipation in the tyre model makes the game completely broken and unplayable, really need to step back from the monitor and perhaps get outside some more.

Sure I can abuse the tires relentlessly, without fear of damaging them, but as most races (online and offline) are too short for that to be a significant factor, who cares. Really the game is great fun and some people seem to just be running out of things to make a big deal about.

F1_Racer68
16-01-2016, 19:57

True, patches don't need DLC, but DLC content needs patches. The DLC content is in the patch which is why the patches are so large and a DLC purchase is so small. The DLC purchase only unlocks content you already have on your system. This is how you are able to see cars in races that are part of DLCs that you didn't purchase. Or why you are able to race on tracks in multiplayer that you did not purchase.

The DLC content is in the patch. Therefore if there is a DLC scheduled for release Jan 26th, then there WILL be a patch prior to that date. It may not include all the things we are expecting, but there WILL be a patch.

EDIT: treed.

flybikes
16-01-2016, 21:20
Seriously, those who are complaining that faulty heat dissipation in the tyre model makes the game completely broken and unplayable, really need to step back from the monitor and perhaps get outside some more.

Sure I can abuse the tires relentlessly, without fear of damaging them, but as most races (online and offline) are too short for that to be a significant factor, who cares. Really the game is great fun and some people seem to just be running out of things to make a big deal about.

You don`t get it.

The tyres don`t warm up! Do you want a problem bigger than this?

Worst that that.. they get colder and colder as you drive (read this again). This is a huge problem and a game breaker. A lot of us, stopped playing the game after the last patch.

Try make a quick race with a Megane Rs. You will make dougnuts at 43 mph.

But.. the patch is in the way. I only want to have a game like if it was mine like the old times. I don`t want to come home after a hard day of work, just to know that the game that I pay, is now different.

Shinzah
16-01-2016, 21:29
You don`t get it.

Worst that that.. they get colder and colder as you drive (read this again). This is a huge problem and a game breaker. A lot of us, stopped playing the game after the last patch.

But.. the patch is in the way. I only want to have a game like if it was mine like the old times. I don`t want to come home after a hard day of work, just to know that the game that I pay, is now different.

I don't want to wake up, and see that the game I plays community is overflowing with rampant over-reaction from the same people who just won't let things go.

KANETAKER
16-01-2016, 22:13
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1195169&viewfull=1#post1195169

No, they're reverting back to patch 5 tyres, but without the camber exploit.
It's the same thing in different words but the same connotation: Will there be another (and perhaps last) modification to physical tire. In this case, they will return to model 5.0 but still will have to test and reconfigure the settings, since due to the correction of Camber Exploit is probably the car setups used up to version 5.0 does not work properly; at least in cases where it was used 0.0 of Camber.

By the way, I do not understand why this correction also affects cars DLC already limited to -0.9

It is not supposed that the correction applied only to cars that could use 0.0? I hoped that these cars were limited to -0.9 but it turns out you can still place in 0.0 with the difference that there is no gain top speed on the long straights (between 3-5 km / h depending on several factors). Because of this, new cars like the Toyota TS040 and Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro on the long straights remains at a disadvantage compared to RWD P30 since before the camber correction the TS040 could reach 312 km/h (-0.9 camber ), the R18 e-Tron to 326-328 km/h (-0.9 camber), and P30 to 335-337 km/h (0.0 camber); but now the TS040 only reaches 309 Km/h (-0.9 camber), the R18 e-Tron to 321-324 Km/h (-0.9 camber) and P30 to 332-333 Km/h (0.0 camber), so the P30 still has its advantage on the straights, but now on curves the P30 has lost some effectiveness/grip due to the camber fix (?), but whether that loss of efficiency at curves (and grip) can also be the subject of tire temperature model (patch 6.0 and 7.0).

So it remains to be seen if some cars (as well as players and set-up) will be affected or when we return to the model of tire 5.0, but without the camber exploit. Probably the most affected would be the Toyota TS040 car because someone recently he scored 3:19 in LeMans with that car but using the tire model 7.0

Good for you, but for most players the model tires Updates 6.0 and 7.0 has been a complete disaster, especially for casual gamers or those who have a style of "intermediate" driving; understood as "intermediate driving style" the following: Those are not very aggressive with the tires (model 7.0), and those who are not conservative and careful with the tires (model 6.0).

Only a few players have such great skill and ability to successfully adapt to any situation or physical change in the cars or in this case the tires, but ... sometimes it's also a matter of knowing configure the settings and not everyone the skill, knowledge and above all patience (time) to do so. That's why in some competitions have forced the use of the default setting for player skill is what stands out, not the setting.

The main problem with the changes occurred in the Update 6.0 and 7.0 is that altered and above all completely ruined the hard work and training to many players who had spent weeks and months since it went on sale the game to prepare and refine the set-up of the cars taking them to the limit. The tire model 5.0 is the same as had since Update 2.0 when it was the first major change tires, then only increased tire wear but did not affect much the same behavior. That is, from May to November we had six months playing with a model set of tires, and already accustomed to it; so for some players the sudden change of tires occurred in the 6.0 Update was a nightmare, but for others it was a blessing. Not everyone can adapt to the new model of tires, and even the 7.0 model was worse, as being too overheated tires (6.0) became very cold tires lingered in warm (7.0). So great was the model 5.0 which in my opinion was in an ideal and intermediate condition: 1)No overheated too fast in a few turns (driving aggressively) 2)No took many turns in warm (not driving too aggressively), and when he managed the right temperature, the tires were already wearing.

So the best that SMS may have decided to return to the model was 5.0, and rather let the new tire models for the Project CARS 2. Ideally, the model was 6.0 had been released in Update 2.0 (June) as in then the game was relatively new and that there was still room for improvement and training for many, not in November when many players had become accustomed to the tire model that was validity since June. Although for players who bought the game in the recent holiday offers these problems are virtually unknown, since the problem is for those who play Project CARS from May, June and July.

flybikes
16-01-2016, 22:15
I don't want to wake up, and see that the game I plays community is overflowing with rampant over-reaction from the same people who just won't let things go.

Shinzah The people will "let the things go," when the problem is resolved... When I buyed the game, I was the first to open a thread just to say good things about it. That was my first post.

When the things are wrong, you have to talk to get the things solved, instead of flattering. This is a lesson for you and your life. That`s why Steve Jobs was a genius and that`s why the big companies have sucess. They don`t care. They only want to make good products. Stop flattering everybody and maybe.. just maybe we have the half of the problems solved.

LukeC
16-01-2016, 22:19

Rampant overreaction is a symptom of an immature and/or imbalanced psyche. Yes this is a sim and the tyres should warm up and cool down realistically. The fact that they currently do not has been acknowledged and the problem will be rectified in the next patch. What else is there to discuss? I mean why page after page of people saying the same thing over and over again, and threads getting locked, as if complainig will somehow cause the patch to land earlier.

To be honest, if PCars didn't have telemetry I wouldn't even have noticed the tyre warming issue; as the levels of grip now are more or less the same as they are in Rfactor2' and the game is far from unplayable in the current state. For example I've been racing the Audi IMSA recently and I'm actually managing to overheat the left front at Barcelona and Watkins glen.

I really am not at sympathetic to the frame of mind where if one thing is not absolutely perfect than the whole game is automatically broken and unplayable and "I want my measly $60 back."

Shinzah
16-01-2016, 22:29
Shinzah The people will "let the things go," when the problem is resolved... When I buyed the game, I was the first to open a thread just to say good things about it. That was my first post.

When the things are wrong, you have to talk to get the things solved, instead of flattering. This is a lesson for you and your life. That`s why Steve Jobs was a genius and that`s why the big companies have sucess. They don`t care. They only want to make good products. Stop flattering everybody and maybe.. just maybe we have the half of the problems solved.

You mean the 'problem' that's going to be 'solved' in literally the next patch so there's absolutely no rational reason to continue to bitch as though the world is ending and the worst possible thing ever has happened?

Let this be a lesson to you and your life. Talking about something that's already going to be addressed is very unproductive.

Also, Steve Jobs signed off on an ugly, extremely expensive product named after his daughter that was outdated nearly the moment it came out. I think your genius goggles are a little rose tinted.

Rubrbrnr
16-01-2016, 23:47
You don`t get it.

I do get it. I've played PCARS more in the last few weeks than I ever have since launch, and in the process I have yet to drive a single car that I would describe as 'undriveable'. Granted I haven't driven the Megane, but I hardly think one undriveable car out of the how many are now in the game (?), makes for an completely unplayable game.

Not to mention that this will likely be fixed shortly, then everyone will be forced to find some other obscure minor fault in the game that makes the whole thing completely broken and unplayable.

DreamsKnight
17-01-2016, 00:24
Ehm.. Sorry, i think talking here about tyres in this topic is a little useless, when there is a dedicated one.

I think also doing wars about tyres problem is useless, when devs said there is a problem and the problem will be solved.

Come on! This is a patch thread.

flybikes
17-01-2016, 00:29
You mean the 'problem' that's going to be 'solved' in literally the next patch so there's absolutely no rational reason to continue to bitch as though the world is ending and the worst possible thing ever has happened?

Let this be a lesson to you and your life. Talking about something that's already going to be addressed is very unproductive.

Also, Steve Jobs signed off on an ugly, extremely expensive product named after his daughter that was outdated nearly the moment it came out. I think your genius goggles are a little rose tinted.

And I will talk about that tyres problem, everytime someone come and say things like " is not a problem on every car".

For you is something like this:

HEY! Heres the problem number 1... 1 month later.. oh! it`s fixed...

and now, here`s the problem number 2! .... 2 month later... oh! it`s fixed!...

...and surprise! Heres the problem number 3! ....before was fine.. but now is the problem number 3! Lets hope they fixed... so that we can talk about problem number 4 and wait for the problem number 5 and 6! ..

Do you understand? You have to be critic and with new problems that they haven`t exist before... very unprofessional. Give me the idea that patches aren`t even tested.

The game is good? Yes.. but not when there`s a thing that make you stop playing. The game in the shelf is useless...

and I agree.. lets stop talking about the tyres. I hope that SMS undertood that things like this can`t happend again.

Shinzah
17-01-2016, 00:35
While I agree with with being a critic of NEW problems, this is an old problem. It's not professional or sensible to harp on about an old problem being addressed.

It's also not professional to bring personal bias to the discussion. Whether you've hung up the game because of the problem or until the problem is solved has no bearing to the problem, or to the other players.

Also, I agree with DreamsKnight - There's already a thread to discuss what you're discussing. This isn't the only aspect of Patch 8.0, and it's circular and boring to keep discussing it as though it were.

Blunt RS
17-01-2016, 00:44
Patch 8 am hoping for better grid light brightness and postion on some circuits.

DreamsKnight
17-01-2016, 01:11
And I will talk about that tyres problem, everytime someone come and say things like " is not a problem on every car".

For you is something like this:

HEY! Heres the problem number 1... 1 month later.. oh! it`s fixed...

and now, here`s the problem number 2! .... 2 month later... oh! it`s fixed!...

...and surprise! Heres the problem number 3! ....before was fine.. but now is the problem number 3! Lets hope they fixed... so that we can talk about problem number 4 and wait for the problem number 5 and 6! ..

Do you understand? You have to be critic and with new problems that they haven`t exist before... very unprofessional. Give me the idea that patches aren`t even tested.

The game is good? Yes.. but not when there`s a thing that make you stop playing. The game in the shelf is useless...

and I agree.. lets stop talking about the tyres. I hope that SMS undertood that things like this can`t happend again.

Things happen to people who do something. I understand what are you saying, but I never seen a team that does monthly patches. They tried something. It gone wrong. It is human, don't you think? There wasn't the porpuse to destroy their game.

Dam351
17-01-2016, 03:18
Cant wait for the most expensive dlc of GT3 class to get some of its old zing back. Here's a pic of one due at Bathurst 12hr this year. Good to stare at while pondering why the car with optional extras has the biggest drop in its performance, and so few paint schemes to hide that dreadful upgrade.
Maybe when fixing the tyres problems, while reverting back to previous problematic tyres, which i think is a good way to fix the tyres, we may also see that lazy Bentleys spirits reverted in similar fashion, back to its former glory, when people who payed a little extra could drive something a little better than usual GT3 selection.
Of course I know its unlikely but one can only hope.
I also have a fix for the next dlcs tyre problems, instead of changing them with new programming and such, as the efforts would be too much drain on pcars 2, just go back to the tyres originally released. Then as players sulk about a game not working, switch to the 2nd tyres released and so on.
Most of u guys will be long gone from pcars when the moaning starts again and wont have to hear it. So please return the special extras back to the Bentley Continental GT3, even if its only as a gift to your customers for all the time wasted waiting for game features that formerly worked but were destroyed by dlc and patch installations. Thanks

3800racingfool
17-01-2016, 05:17
Maybe when fixing the tyres problems, while reverting back to previous problematic tyres, which i think is a good way to fix the tyres, we may also see that lazy Bentleys spirits reverted in similar fashion, back to its former glory, when people who payed a little extra could drive something a little better than usual GT3 selection.

Sooo you want to turn this into a pay-to-win game...

Kroegtijgertje
17-01-2016, 08:12
Sooo you want to turn this into a pay-to-win game...

No I think he's right.
The Bentley had pro's and con's:

pro: It was the fastest GT3 car
con: As being a beast, it was much harder to handle than all the other GT3 cars

Mascot
17-01-2016, 08:12
How much more support (and by extension, how many more patches) can we realistically expect for pCARS before focus shifts entirely to pCARS 2? And is there a list of outstanding issues that desperately need fixing (ie, not new features or a wish list, but existing stuff that doesn't work as intended). I think we might be on borrowed time and it does worry me when some bugs (eg the Silverstone Classic pit issues) aren't even officially acknowledged at this stage. I hate for things like that to be permanently left in a broken state with no prospect at all of ever being fixed.

NaRP
17-01-2016, 11:00
no patch during AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL racing car show, and Dubai 24H, maybe.
http://www.autosportinternational.com/

BigDad
17-01-2016, 11:02
I second the thought of having a list of things SMS are working to fix , as we all know there are quite a few things that definitely need attention .
Added features are one thing that they can keep as a suprise but to know that some pretty big bugs are being looked at ie . Silverstone pit issue would be good .
SMS can't be fully happy to leave the game in a state like this . An awesome game with some awesome bugs ( super bugs ).
Things couldn't work with this game engine , i get it . Just please give us an indication at what your working to fix , maybe not just this patch notes but your to do list .

BigDad
17-01-2016, 11:07
no patch during AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL racing car show, and Dubai 24H, maybe.
http://www.autosportinternational.com/
Why not ?
The world didnt stop because this was on did it ?
I think SMS might be a little behind their usual schedule due to the Christmas break .

demerzel
17-01-2016, 11:14
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1195169&viewfull=1#post1195169

It's the same thing in different words but the same connotation: Will there be another (and perhaps last) modification to physical tire. In this case, they will return to model 5.0 but still will have to test and reconfigure the settings, since due to the correction of Camber Exploit is probably the car setups used up to version 5.0 does not work properly; at least in cases where it was used 0.0 of Camber.

By the way, I do not understand why this correction also affects cars DLC already limited to -0.9

It is not supposed that the correction applied only to cars that could use 0.0? I hoped that these cars were limited to -0.9 but it turns out you can still place in 0.0 with the difference that there is no gain top speed on the long straights (between 3-5 km / h depending on several factors). Because of this, new cars like the Toyota TS040 and Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro on the long straights remains at a disadvantage compared to RWD P30 since before the camber correction the TS040 could reach 312 km/h (-0.9 camber ), the R18 e-Tron to 326-328 km/h (-0.9 camber), and P30 to 335-337 km/h (0.0 camber); but now the TS040 only reaches 309 Km/h (-0.9 camber), the R18 e-Tron to 321-324 Km/h (-0.9 camber) and P30 to 332-333 Km/h (0.0 camber), so the P30 still has its advantage on the straights, but now on curves the P30 has lost some effectiveness/grip due to the camber fix (?), but whether that loss of efficiency at curves (and grip) can also be the subject of tire temperature model (patch 6.0 and 7.0).

So it remains to be seen if some cars (as well as players and set-up) will be affected or when we return to the model of tire 5.0, but without the camber exploit. Probably the most affected would be the Toyota TS040 car because someone recently he scored 3:19 in LeMans with that car but using the tire model 7.0

Good for you, but for most players the model tires Updates 6.0 and 7.0 has been a complete disaster, especially for casual gamers or those who have a style of "intermediate" driving; understood as "intermediate driving style" the following: Those are not very aggressive with the tires (model 7.0), and those who are not conservative and careful with the tires (model 6.0).

Only a few players have such great skill and ability to successfully adapt to any situation or physical change in the cars or in this case the tires, but ... sometimes it's also a matter of knowing configure the settings and not everyone the skill, knowledge and above all patience (time) to do so. That's why in some competitions have forced the use of the default setting for player skill is what stands out, not the setting.

The main problem with the changes occurred in the Update 6.0 and 7.0 is that altered and above all completely ruined the hard work and training to many players who had spent weeks and months since it went on sale the game to prepare and refine the set-up of the cars taking them to the limit. The tire model 5.0 is the same as had since Update 2.0 when it was the first major change tires, then only increased tire wear but did not affect much the same behavior. That is, from May to November we had six months playing with a model set of tires, and already accustomed to it; so for some players the sudden change of tires occurred in the 6.0 Update was a nightmare, but for others it was a blessing. Not everyone can adapt to the new model of tires, and even the 7.0 model was worse, as being too overheated tires (6.0) became very cold tires lingered in warm (7.0). So great was the model 5.0 which in my opinion was in an ideal and intermediate condition: 1)No overheated too fast in a few turns (driving aggressively) 2)No took many turns in warm (not driving too aggressively), and when he managed the right temperature, the tires were already wearing.

So the best that SMS may have decided to return to the model was 5.0, and rather let the new tire models for the Project CARS 2. Ideally, the model was 6.0 had been released in Update 2.0 (June) as in then the game was relatively new and that there was still room for improvement and training for many, not in November when many players had become accustomed to the tire model that was validity since June. Although for players who bought the game in the recent holiday offers these problems are virtually unknown, since the problem is for those who play Project CARS from May, June and July.

Sure! when pcars2 will out with the new model everyone will be bitching about it because it's not pcars1 model. In my opinion we should get as many updates as necessary I don't care how much you and all trained. It's a waste of time. The physics is exact. You need to learn to drive with the right physcs model not a wrong physics model.
So you train with the wrong model for years and then you get a new updated more accurate model and you will be suck because you learned bad habits. IT is a Waste of time!

DayGlow
17-01-2016, 15:51
Didn't realize I was sulking because I decided to hold off starting a career and spending time building a setup until the patch is released.

There is an issue with tire heat, the Devs have commented on it. Some people want to wait until this recognized issue is fixed before dumping time into the game.

Nothing more.

Blunt RS
17-01-2016, 16:20
SMS have the tools ie Patch 6 to take this game to the next level which they did. Then due to the casual gamer who found it to much of a challenge or not willing to learn how to race. No its gone and saved for Project Cars 2.
Project Cars 2 will have excalty the same problem casual gamers wont want the challenge and complain its to hard.
Am far from a expert when it come to racing but I search the web try to learn and practice practise. But trying to cater for all levels of abilty in one game I cant see ever working. Just look around the forum of what people are complaining about.
What ever Patch 8 brings itll also bring more complaints.

maurice-pascale
17-01-2016, 16:26
Very sad that people wait for a bug fixing patch, like the game gets new content DLC.........

Poor gaming generation!........for games which get released like a "FINISHED" game......i think a finishid game is impossible this times........and those people call themself game producers and call it THEIR JOB!....if i would do unfinish things at my work, i would get FIRED SECONDLY.......

ugly system

DayGlow
17-01-2016, 16:50
Strange, most companies maintain an IT department. By your standards they would all be fired every week.

demerzel
17-01-2016, 17:23
+1 And they will throw the **** out for a simplified one.

TheReaper GT
17-01-2016, 17:27
Out in Canada :D

skells22
17-01-2016, 18:50
proof please

TheReaper GT
17-01-2016, 18:53
proof please

Old ass forum jokes don't require proof ;)

LVracerGT
17-01-2016, 18:56
I hope this next patch addresses a lot of issues. I recently built a PC and have started playing Assetto Corsa and I'm really enjoying it compared to PCARS just for the fact that shit isn't broken. Fix the replay sounds, fix the tires, fix the landmines, fix the telemetry showing the same tire temperature spread across inside/middle/outside so that it actually reflects the changes I make.

This game is starting to remind me of Gran Turismo. Pushing a lot of broken shit out and then playing damage control. I'm officially done supporting these types of games. Make it, make it work and do it right. This shit is getting old having to wait and wait for the devs to fix all the broken shit creating more broken shit in the process. I'll be voting with my wallet from now on and right now GT and PCARS are on my shit list. Really glad I built a PC to jump to AC.

mister dog
17-01-2016, 19:38
After we ended last year on quite a downer with 7.0 tyregate and practically all upcoming goodies being cancelled, I do hope 8.0 will bring back some smiles due to its 'grandeur'.

If it will only be a bug fix here and there, i'll take that as a sign PCARS 1 support has run its course.

ChrisK
17-01-2016, 19:50
you need more signs ? lol

diesel97
17-01-2016, 21:26
you need more signs ? lol

yes ..., what bug fix will be in 8.0 that we dont know about ? besides tires

bmanic
17-01-2016, 22:02
I hope this next patch addresses a lot of issues. I recently built a PC and have started playing Assetto Corsa and I'm really enjoying it compared to PCARS just for the fact that shit isn't broken. Fix the replay sounds, fix the tires, fix the landmines, fix the telemetry showing the same tire temperature spread across inside/middle/outside so that it actually reflects the changes I make.

AC works perfectly, eh? Riiiiight. Take a look at their forums and the steam forums. It's not all rosey in AC land either.. very far from it. Why on earth you have to compare one broken game to another is just beyond me.

pigsy
18-01-2016, 05:41
AC works perfectly, eh? Riiiiight. Take a look at their forums and the steam forums. It's not all rosey in AC land either.. very far from it. Why on earth you have to compare one broken game to another is just beyond me.

I have been the biggest supporter of Pcars since day 1. But I've moved over to AC to play an offline GT3 championship (using the Championship creator). It's working perfectly fine. The physics are great. The AI is much improved and very 'racable'. Real road works well. The UI is classy, brilliant race result details.
I've done some real life track days lately and AC feels a lot more immersive than Pcars. Just the way the cars look on road. AI that go out on track on a green track have to warm up their tires and come up to speed. Watching the other AI on track and how they move around looks more realistic. Did I mention the numerous track cameras and the sound of the GT3 cars are epic.

Each update AC do seems to add far more to the game than PCars updates. The only thing I'm waiting for in Pcars is the V8 Falcon. That might bring me back for a few hours. Hope the update/DLC brings a lot more than just new cars/track.

jack1984
18-01-2016, 07:12

AC has less content and functionality, but Pigsy is talking about bugs. And it is not hard to see that PCars has a lot more issues than AC.

However, AC is not out on consoles yet...so let us wait if they can pass the test. ;)

bmanic
18-01-2016, 08:04
I have been the biggest supporter of Pcars since day 1. But I've moved over to AC to play an offline GT3 championship (using the Championship creator). It's working perfectly fine. The physics are great. The AI is much improved and very 'racable'. Real road works well. The UI is classy, brilliant race result details.
I've done some real life track days lately and AC feels a lot more immersive than Pcars. Just the way the cars look on road. AI that go out on track on a green track have to warm up their tires and come up to speed. Watching the other AI on track and how they move around looks more realistic. Did I mention the numerous track cameras and the sound of the GT3 cars are epic.

Each update AC do seems to add far more to the game than PCars updates. The only thing I'm waiting for in Pcars is the V8 Falcon. That might bring me back for a few hours. Hope the update/DLC brings a lot more than just new cars/track.

My point was that AC has had some terrible patch releases too. At one point I couldn't even start the game (like many other people). It's also had abysmal AI since forever and other problems that are constantly portrayed as only a pCars issue. The thing is, it's a matter of perspective and luck.

As for multiplayer.. just look at the forums. Just like here, some people have terrible experiences with lag and other issues.. some people have no problems at all. It's so easy to fall into the trap of "grass is greener" just because it happens to work for you in one moment of time. That doesn't mean it's perfect and flawlessly working for everybody else.

One thing AC has going for them is that they fix the critical issues IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes within the same day. This is something they will not be able to do any more once they hit the consoles (hopefully they keep up the immediate bug fixing on PC).

pigsy
18-01-2016, 08:23
My point was that AC has had some terrible patch releases too. At one point I couldn't even start the game (like many other people). It's also had abysmal AI since forever and other problems that are constantly portrayed as only a pCars issue. The thing is, it's a matter of perspective and luck.

As for multiplayer.. just look at the forums. Just like here, some people have terrible experiences with lag and other issues.. some people have no problems at all. It's so easy to fall into the trap of "grass is greener" just because it happens to work for you in one moment of time. That doesn't mean it's perfect and flawlessly working for everybody else.

One thing AC has going for them is that they fix the critical issues IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes within the same day. This is something they will not be able to do any more once they hit the consoles (hopefully they keep up the immediate bug fixing on PC).

AC not perfect by any means. But release 1.4.3 is a pretty good release. I can 'feel' the cars a lot more in AC, they're maybe harder to drive but I can feel the grip more. I can feel it get more progressive as the track rubbers up. I've also found the AI doesn't backend you as much anymore and I've had some brilliant dices even going side by side around corners together. I don't care about multiplayer either in Pcars or AC so I won't comment. But the current release is a pretty polished product.

John Hargreaves
18-01-2016, 10:14
We used to get a new build every day in the WMD period, sometimes more than once to fix issues. It's just easier to do on PC, not so much on console.

havocc
18-01-2016, 12:49
Gearbox protection is the best thing happened to AC

N0body Of The Goat
18-01-2016, 14:33
Gearbox protection is the best thing happened to AC

Not just AC, but R3E also, it feels far more realistic.

I've been using both far more since pCARS patch 7 and to me they are both much improved, I barely used either in the past year or so.

pCARS promised so much in terms of content and features, but the amount of issues (mostly minor, but some major) that still exist 8 months after retail release leaves me frustrated. Things like leaderboards full of non-sim exploits at the business end, tracks littered with visual issues such as asset pop-in and "mother ship shadows" at "ultra" settings.

chrisff87
18-01-2016, 14:53
I haven't played AC but I just watched some videos on youtube about its career mode, and it seems to be based on collecting points and medals, which reminds me of Forza and makes it deal-breaker for me. I love PCars career mode and how it tries to replicate real life tournaments by having tournament standings with a point system, a proper calendar, practice and qualifying sessions before each race, etc.
We just need the bugs fixed and PCars stands as the best racing game out there, at least for me that only plays career mode.

diesel97
18-01-2016, 15:02
I haven't played AC but I just watched some videos on youtube about its career mode, and it seems to be based on collecting points and medals, which reminds me of Forza and makes it deal-breaker for me. I love PCars career mode and how it tries to replicate real life tournaments by having tournament standings with a point system, a proper calendar, practice and qualifying sessions before each race, etc.
We just need the bugs fixed and PCars stands as the best racing game out there, at least for me that only plays career mode.

One of the major problems of career mode is you never race the same AI twice so your championship points are a joke

mister dog
18-01-2016, 15:31
Seems i'm not the only one having discovered the competition again during the xmas period, for me it has been Stock Car Extreme.
Complete opposite of PCARS regarding visuals as it's based on an older DX9 engine which might seem a bit dated, but if you can look past the basic eye candy there's a real gem of a game there; FFB and sounds are of the best i have experienced and the game is quite feature complete too.

Looking forward to 8.0 though, hope that will get me back into PCARS too.

DreamsKnight
18-01-2016, 15:40
One of the major problems of career mode is you never race the same AI twice so your championship points are a joke

Not in career.

diesel97
18-01-2016, 15:47
Not in career.

Yes in career , or at very least the AI that comes in 1st on one race comes in last on the socond race ,same car and track

chrisff87
18-01-2016, 16:27
Yes in career , or at very least the AI that comes in 1st on one race comes in last on the socond race ,same car and track

Most of the time I notice the AI drivers to stay within the same range in the positions. For instance, I would notice the same "good" AI driver to finish most races in the first 5, worse drivers finishing in the last 5, etc. which I think kind of replicates real life. Ocasionally you will also see AI drivers finishing 1st, 2nd, and then last. Which is also very possible in real life.
Like I said, I only play career mode. I have a long list of complaints and bugs that I would like to see fixed, and AI standing positions is definitely not one of them.

JessicaWalter
18-01-2016, 16:39

i was looking forward to AC's console release, just to have another decent racing game, but after reading that im really not too excited. ill still most likely buy it, but ill wait untill it's on a deep sale and i don't care how long it takes. it doesn't have me itching for it like pcars did.

jack1984
18-01-2016, 16:42
Most of the time I notice the AI drivers to stay within the same range in the positions. For instance, I would notice the same "good" AI driver to finish most races in the first 5, worse drivers finishing in the last 5, etc. which I think kind of replicates real life. Ocasionally you will also see AI drivers finishing 1st, 2nd, and then last. Which is also very possible in real life.
Like I said, I only play career mode. I have a long list of complaints and bugs that I would like to see fixed, and AI standing positions is definitely not one of them.

My problem with the career mode is that is gets quite boring after while, since there is no real incentive to play it. I think it fine for a sim to unlock every car and track from the start, but the design to motivate you could be a lot better imho.

For instance, what is the point of racing an invitation which I already won? None I guess. It would be a better idea to unlock events / invitations based on XP, so it is still rewarding to enter the same invitation again. Just give #1 position 100 xp, #2 50 xp, #3 25 xp and probably the rest nothing (or a symbolic 10 xp). By becoming a more experienced driver you unlock more (and harder) invitations. :) Now I don't play some amazing events, because I already won the medal and there is no trigger to play it again.

diesel97
18-01-2016, 16:44

I stand corrected then, maybe it was the invitation events i'm thinking of . been a while

chrisff87
18-01-2016, 16:58
My problem with the career mode is that is gets quite boring after while, since there is no real incentive to play it. I think it fine for a sim to unlock every car and track from the start, but the design to motivate you could be a lot better imho.

For instance, what is the point of racing an invitation which I already won? None I guess. It would be a better idea to unlock events / invitations based on XP, so it is still rewarding to enter the same invitation again. Just give #1 position 100 xp, #2 50 xp, #3 25 xp and probably the rest nothing (or a symbolic 10 xp). By becoming a more experienced driver you unlock more (and harder) invitations. :) Now I don't play some amazing events, because I already won the medal and there is no trigger to play it again.

I agree with that, there is no motivation to play the same invitational if you have already won it, unless you just want to play it for fun. I still dont like the idea of XP though, I think it makes it too arcade like. Maybe making a better use of sponsors, like the more races or tournaments you win, the more sponsors you get, which opens up new tournaments and gives you more cars. Right now PCars have some sponsors that you unlock in career mode, but they seem totally useless.

havocc
18-01-2016, 17:00

The "carrot on a stick" method is widely used among many games of different genres to give the player a sense of progression and keep him to play (and pay), Pcars on the other hand focuses on driving pleasure, finding your limit and eventually crossing it with a hours of practice and tuning, that's it...

pigsy
18-01-2016, 17:15

Don't play AC's career mode it sucks. Install the Championship creator mod to change many facets of the game including track, rounds, race length, car class combos ,AI names, strength and points table. What Pcars should have had from day 1.

jack1984
18-01-2016, 17:33
The "carrot on a stick" method is widely used among many games of different genres to give the player a sense of progression and keep him to play (and pay), Pcars on the other hand focuses on driving pleasure, finding your limit and eventually crossing it with a hours of practice and tuning, that's it...

But if you apply that logic consistently, then why include a career mode anyway? ;)

So somewhere, deep down, there is a desire to create more urgency in the form of an immersive, career mode in stead of a bare bones "pick a car plus track and just race" approach. And if you do include this, like SMS did, then you can surely make it better in the sequel. And like I said, I am fine that every car and track is unlocked from start but try to create some urgency. And I think it only benefits SMS, since PCars was most sold on the consoles and players will come back for more if DLC gets good integrated within career mode.

Konan
18-01-2016, 18:03
But if you apply that logic consistently, then why include a career mode anyway? ;)

So somewhere, deep down, there is a desire to create more urgency in the form of an immersive, career mode in stead of a bare bones "pick a car plus track and just race" approach. And if you do include this, like SMS did, then you can surely make it better in the sequel. And like I said, I am fine that every car and track is unlocked from start but try to create some urgency. And I think it only benefits SMS, since PCars was most sold on the consoles and players will come back for more if DLC gets good integrated within career mode.

While i agree that the DLC should be more integrated in career,I'm not shure this can be done without extensive programming (again...i know nothing about IT)...

Konan
18-01-2016, 18:18
So....back on subject....any ETA on the patch notes?
Although i wouldn't be surprised if there won't be any this time....can you blame them? Every time it ends in a "why not this and why not that?" discussion....
Wow...I just realised i went in an argument with myself...lol
No more gin 'n tonic for me today and certainly no more PCars...

Maybe i'll try some limoncello...mmm...good idea...
OMG gotta stop now...i'm hearing voices...oh wait...that's me....
Sorry for the rambling guys (and girls) but the question still stands:
Any ETA on the patch notes :cool:

Neil Bateman
18-01-2016, 18:22
Never really played career mode fully in any game, guess its due to lack of racing time available to get right into it, not something that has ever really interested me to be honest.

What time i do get its all online and if there isnt much online i just pick a car class, select a car and race the AI for a while.

Konan
18-01-2016, 18:36
Never really played career mode fully in any game, guess its due to lack of racing time available to get right into it, not something that has ever really interested me to be honest.

What time i do get its all online and if there isnt much online i just pick a car class, select a car and race the AI for a while.

That's all good but some of us never play online...
For me it's about having to pay extra to be able to...I allready pay for my internet connection and find it pretty unfair to have to pay on top of that to be able to race online on PS4...
So career for me is sacred and has to be worth while...I'm not saying it isn't but it could benefit with some more excitement...
For example (and here i go again) a better flag system :mad:
That to me is my main concern as i don't experience the problems most of you have...but i understand there are other priorities.
Anyway....if it's just tweaking them i would appreciate them doing so...lol

BannockMille
18-01-2016, 18:59
Are patch notes available?

TheReaper GT
18-01-2016, 19:00

No patch yet

Konan
18-01-2016, 19:01

Nope...not yet

havocc
18-01-2016, 19:51

For the same reason many games have a shallow single player story mode that can be usually completed in 5-6 hours, ofc nobody buys cod or starcraft to complete story mode and shelf it, i played some fps and in the past and never really cared for story mode...

Konan
18-01-2016, 19:56
For the same reason many games have a shallow single player story mode that can be usually completed in 5-6 hours, ofc nobody buys cod or starcraft to complete story mode and shelf it, i played some fps and in the past and never really cared for story mode...

Give us offline players a break will you...

havocc
18-01-2016, 20:02
Give us offline players a break will you...

Believe me or not i've never set foot in an online lobby in pcars, i just pick a car and a track and try to do my best and i still haven't tried about half of the cars

Konan
18-01-2016, 20:21
Believe me or not i've never set foot in an online lobby in pcars, i just pick a car and a track and try to do my best and i still haven't tried about half of the cars

Same here...
It's just like it seems a habit that the online players bash on the offline players...hell,they even bash on other online players...it's hardly ever the other way around...
When push comes to shove we're all just playing a "game"...nothing more nothing less...
I enjoy myself playing offline,be it by choice or not...
This game was designed for both,even if it leans more to one side than the other...
We all invested in it and have equal "rights" to enjoy it as we please....
Sorry if i misunderstood your post and this is not directed to you (even if i quoted your post) just an observation and personal opinion....

JessicaWalter
18-01-2016, 20:22

same. im from the nes days. i played super nintendo online a bit but that was just street fighter 2. the only game i really ever spent time playing online in the past 10 years was the Skate series (and that was completely different, it was essentially hanging out with people and all of us skating different stuff however we felt like). im primarily a single player gamer. gta v disappointed me because the devs put so much effort and so many of the good parts of the game behind an online wall. if a game doesnt have a solid experience you can enjoy by yourself i won't bother picking it up. my how the times have changed.

TheReaper GT
18-01-2016, 20:39
^^ say what now?

Shinzah
18-01-2016, 21:23
gta v disappointed me because the devs put so much effort and so many of the good parts of the game behind an online wall. if a game doesnt have a solid experience you can enjoy by yourself i won't bother picking it up. my how the times have changed.

With Single Player Apartment mod and several others, I never had reason to go online in GTAV...and I really enjoyed the SP experience. I played 70 hours of the game nearly nonstop except for sleep when someone gifted it to me..

bmanic
18-01-2016, 21:34
AC not perfect by any means. But release 1.4.3 is a pretty good release. I can 'feel' the cars a lot more in AC, they're maybe harder to drive but I can feel the grip more. I can feel it get more progressive as the track rubbers up. I've also found the AI doesn't backend you as much anymore and I've had some brilliant dices even going side by side around corners together. I don't care about multiplayer either in Pcars or AC so I won't comment. But the current release is a pretty polished product.

Well it all comes down to ones own subjective opinion. What you just described is the exact opposite to what I feel. Especially the latest tire model changes were a giant step backwards from v5 model.. which is a true shame. The cars still on v5 tire model are much much better and FINALLY got rid of the weird "rubbery" FFB and grip falloff (for instance the 458 street, last I checked, was still on v5 and was awesome to drive). Now with v6 it's all back to original AC weirdness and the GT cars are once more very strange. They were almost brilliant on v5 tires except the heating was bugged. With v6 they apparently fixed the heating and now they feel very weird again.

So yeah, each to their own.

MillsLayne
18-01-2016, 21:34
same. im from the nes days. i played super nintendo online a bit but that was just street fighter 2. the only game i really ever spent time playing online in the past 10 years was the Skate series (and that was completely different, it was essentially hanging out with people and all of us skating different stuff however we felt like). im primarily a single player gamer. gta v disappointed me because the devs put so much effort and so many of the good parts of the game behind an online wall. if a game doesnt have a solid experience you can enjoy by yourself i won't bother picking it up. my how the times have changed.

EXACTLY how I am with games. Single player experience is all that really matters for me, except for pCARS.

Invincible
18-01-2016, 21:36
EXACTLY how I am with games. Single player experience is all that really matters for me, except for pCARS.

That's why I'm done with CoD and disliked Battlefield... 9 hours single player campaign? Seriously?

JessicaWalter
18-01-2016, 21:38
With Single Player Apartment mod and several others, I never had reason to go online in GTAV...and I really enjoyed the SP experience. I played 70 hours of the game nearly nonstop except for sleep when someone gifted it to me..

im just salty about the hydra. in san andreas i have one on top of my (cj's) brother's house. since before the game dropped i thought I'd be able to have one with pretty graphics, but they made it so you have to complete a heist to get it. im old so i dont have a bunch of friends to do heists with and the few times i tried it with randoms people either quit before we even got to the heist part or there was someone on the "team" that found it more enjoyable to ruin it for everyone than actually do what was required. i don't know why playing with other people ever became a requirement to access game features in a game that lends itself so well to a hostile unsportsmanesque community.

hkraft300
19-01-2016, 01:17
That's why I'm done with CoD and disliked Battlefield... 9 hours single player campaign? Seriously?

But... But I enjoyed them! I loved bf3 and 4 campaign and the cod mw1+2+3 campaigns :)
Too short but sweet and fun.

MillsLayne
19-01-2016, 02:41

I have Black Ops III, but haven't played it yet. Just Cause 3 is definitely about to get some playing time, though, right after I tire of Fallout 4. That hasn't happened yet, though...

resmania
19-01-2016, 02:44
MW2 is on of the best fps in my life, both SP and MP.

SUBGTRACER
19-01-2016, 04:04

Completely agree ! well not completely :) single player was great !

Counterstrike , best fps multiplayer in my life . dying light best fps with hand to hand combat !

JessicaWalter
19-01-2016, 04:19

estate is my favorite level in any cod. rust was nice too. i always played local coop with 3 other friends. great nights with that game.

and how bout that museum level with all the guns, lol. that shits a riot

SUBGTRACER
19-01-2016, 04:44
Left 4 dead was great also .

nissan4ever
19-01-2016, 07:17
^^ say what now?

I know right. Super Nintendo online playing SF2? That's a good one. LOL

JessicaWalter
19-01-2016, 07:34
I know right. Super Nintendo online playing SF2? That's a good one. LOL
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBAND

you plugged a phone cord into the side of a thru cartridge that was kinda like a game genie. the game went in the top. cheers. lol

Cheesenium
19-01-2016, 07:47

I am partly quite worried about pcars with almost every patch focused on adding multiplayer features and the online players complaining about various issues will eventually pushed pcars into more and more multiplayer focused with offline races becoming more and more an afterthought.

I dont want pcars to be a multiplayer heavy game because I dont think everyone who bought the game solely for multiplayer. While it is nice to see multiplayer gets quite a fair bit of attention, i hope SMS doesnt turn this franchise into another Battlefield/CoD that is pretty much all about multiplayer.

I never stepped into an online lobby because I dont want to deal with random people then, I have no time for organised leagues as my playtime is quite random. I just hope SMS wont stop improving the single player aspect of the game because all I do with pcars is racing with the AI.

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 07:55
^^ I am totally with you on this. At least it would be nice, if we offline racers received the same updates. Like the mandatory pit stop option for single player races, to name just one.

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 08:01
I think SMS would have learned that the singleplayer implementation wasn't as robust as it could have been and will be making improvements for the next game

Time will tell

Yorkie065
19-01-2016, 08:02
I am partly quite worried about pcars with almost every patch focused on adding multiplayer features and the online players complaining about various issues will eventually pushed pcars into more and more multiplayer focused with offline races becoming more and more an afterthought.

I dont want pcars to be a multiplayer heavy game because I dont think everyone who bought the game solely for multiplayer. While it is nice to see multiplayer gets quite a fair bit of attention, i hope SMS doesnt turn this franchise into another Battlefield/CoD that is pretty much all about multiplayer.

I never stepped into an online lobby because I dont want to deal with random people then, I have no time for organised leagues as my playtime is quite random. I just hope SMS wont stop improving the single player aspect of the game.

I doubt it will stop improving the SP side of the game. The main reason why there is a MP focus at the moment is due to it's instability or number of issues it has. As far as I can tell from experience, and also reading on the forums the SP side is relatively stable and issue free apart from a few remaining bugs popping up now and then. As for the MP side, there are a lot of issues with various different degrees of severity. The worst part about it is for me is that it's hard to replicate the issues as sometimes you can go through 2 or 3 lobbies completely issue free, and then go into another lobby and hit 3 or 4 major bugs. It's even more frustrating when it happens in a league race as although I'm only racing for pride as there are no prizes at the end of the championship, having a good race ruined by something out of your control is infuriating.

Hopefully this next patch will sort out a number of the MP issues and make it more stable, and hopefully all the other aspects of the game will be seeing some love too!

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 08:10
I think SMS would have learned that the singleplayer implementation wasn't as robust as it could have been and will be making improvements for the next game

Time will tell

An outview that doesn't make me happy. I paid for today's game and not for a testbed for some future new game in 2017.

Kunal_Racedriver
19-01-2016, 08:11
I hope this issue is also given some consideration in upcoming patches:uncomfortableness:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37797-G27-Stops-working

Cheesenium
19-01-2016, 08:17
I doubt it will stop improving the SP side of the game. The main reason why there is a MP focus at the moment is due to it's instability or number of issues it has. As far as I can tell from experience, and also reading on the forums the SP side is relatively stable and issue free apart from a few remaining bugs popping up now and then. As for the MP side, there are a lot of issues with various different degrees of severity. The worst part about it is for me is that it's hard to replicate the issues as sometimes you can go through 2 or 3 lobbies completely issue free, and then go into another lobby and hit 3 or 4 major bugs. It's even more frustrating when it happens in a league race as although I'm only racing for pride as there are no prizes at the end of the championship, having a good race ruined by something out of your control is infuriating.

Hopefully this next patch will sort out a number of the MP issues and make it more stable, and hopefully all the other aspects of the game will be seeing some love too!

SP had been largely stable but a lot of features such as Mandatory Pits, better Multiclass, better photo mode, better replays(or at least some way fast forward in a more reliable manner) and better AI behavior is still needed. Almost every patch notes had been all about multiplayer to the point, I dont even read them because I know there wont be anything for me. The patching process of the live game does give me an impression that SMS listens to the vocal MP players more than those silent AI racers. Then, the complains on car balances that nerfed some cars also showed SMS listens to MP more, mainly how boring Bentley GT3 drives now because of MP players complaining how OP is it.

Sure, the MP still have issues that needs to be fixed but the feeling that SP is getting neglected is still there.

Yorkie065
19-01-2016, 08:30
SP had been largely stable but a lot of features such as Mandatory Pits, better Multiclass, better photo mode, better replays(or at least some way fast forward in a more reliable manner) and better AI behavior is still needed. Almost every patch notes had been all about multiplayer to the point, I dont even read them because I know there wont be anything for me. The patching process of the live game does give me an impression that SMS listens to the vocal MP players more than those silent AI racers. Then, the complains on car balances that nerfed some cars also showed SMS listens to MP more, mainly how boring Bentley GT3 drives now because of MP players complaining how OP is it.

Sure, the MP still have issues that needs to be fixed but the feeling that SP is getting neglected is still there.

Yeah, I'll agree as some of those things such as the replays and photo mode are game wide and do need improving. The mandatory pit stops can be used in certain race types (either lapped or timed) but not the other, and not entirely sure why things like that aren't available across all game modes, and race types providing the race length is longer than say 8 laps or 15mins. :S That's what kind of irks me with some of these new features that come implemented, is that they come in but only to certain parts of the game under certain conditions and not available to all areas where you'd expect to be able to use them.

I'll also agree with the nerfing of cars, for me the Bentley wasn't OP and has now been lost a lot of it's character and has pretty much gone from the list of cars I want to drive. I think a lot of people were driving it when it first came out because it was a new car, that is modern and new in RL race series', isn't in many other racing games and was a bit of a straight line monster. You put a quick guy in it and suddenly it becomes OP and is always at the front of the GT3 pack.

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 08:33
An outview that doesn't make me happy. I paid for today's game and not for a testbed for some future new game in 2017.

In a way you kind of did.

Don't get me wrong, I agree some aspects might have been improved upon but also, by buying the product it supports further products and improvements. Pcars is just the first game in a franchise SMS has been clear in wanting to continue. When you're going to buy a product the best thing you can do is research it until you know for sure that's what you want, right now. Not in a patch. Not in the future. But right now. There's something to be said for trust and loyalty to someone who provides something, yes. By buying the product you help fund and validate the future.

I doubt the singleplayer will get much attention. From comments from developers, both Ian and others, there's not a whole lot they CAN do with what they have. I don't think MP is getting focus just because it's in the most need of it but more because it's what they can do to improve the product on that level.

I think there will be better implementations in career, in single race weekend and setups and other things in the future. But that does mean future titles. Pcars is months along after release. Realistically, if things could have been addressed they'd start to be or would be finished in that timeframe. Now besides fixing bugs in what already exists, or rolling back fixes/improvements that didn't pan out I don't expect the title to see major new feature releases. I expect that to come with subsequent titles.

I'm not blindly defending SMS in this, but rather telling consumers really what the truth is. We decide what we want to consume and by supporting products we validate that's what we want. Don't buy games in the hope they'll improve in that title. Buy them because that title is what you want to play. And if that one doesn't have it, look into the next one and see. Getting angry/frustrated or writing companies off is a narrow view. Things can change.

I understand the negativity and having spent money on something that doesn't include what you want, but ultimately you paid for the product as it is. Not as it will be. Such is the entire cadence behind caveat emptor.

nissan4ever
19-01-2016, 09:35
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBAND

you plugged a phone cord into the side of a thru cartridge that was kinda like a game genie. the game went in the top. cheers. lol

LOL, never knew that.

mister dog
19-01-2016, 09:45
In a way you kind of did.
Don't get me wrong, I agree some aspects might have been improved upon but also, by buying the product it supports further products and improvements. Pcars is just the first game in a franchise SMS has been clear in wanting to continue. When you're going to buy a product the best thing you can do is research it until you know for sure that's what you want, right now. Not in a patch. Not in the future. But right now.
Some things were a bit of a surprise to me when i bought it on day one, like no multiclass which i thought was odd especially with the Le Mans license. But the rest i had pretty much figured out browsing the forums. Problem is all the enhancements that were in the pipeline but which got cancelled last month, that made me a bit pissed to be honest. A lot of people thought these features would still be added to the game, especially after the initial statements PCARS was a work in progress and would be expanded upon for the next two years and i don't mean DLC, i'm talking pit crews, online rating system, working flag system...

Anyhow it is what it is, the base game is worth the money for sure even though it could be improved in a lot of areas, but i'll take statements of 'this will be added in a future update' with a big grain of salt after 2 is released.

Fernandito
19-01-2016, 11:15
I'm not blindly defending SMS in this, but rather telling consumers really what the truth is.Indeed. Thanks to your wisdom we are no longer blind to the situation

GrimeyDog
19-01-2016, 11:18
Left 4 dead was great also .

I would love it if they Remade Left 4 Dead for XB1!!

Raven403
19-01-2016, 11:41
I would love it if they Remade Left 4 Dead for XB1!!

IM fine if they never do, It plays just fine on my 360 and some games, like some movies, can never be as good as the originals.

Also just for the record, Battlefield started with 1942, and was exclusively Multiplayer from its inception. Only after Bad Company was there a shift to try and include Single Player 'Campaigns'. Single player is not what made Battlefield popular and is not what it did best in my opinion. If your buying a Battlefield game for anything other than the MP experience you are def. barking up the wrong tree.

And for anyone worried Pcars2 is gonna be more heavily MP focused I wouldnt worry. Based on what I see in the forum it will be equal parts MP and SP and hopefully better executed in both areas than the first

gmspromo
19-01-2016, 11:43
Anyway ... back on topic ... I'm quite surprised we have yet to see patch notes regarding Patch 8 yet. January's DLC is scheduled to hit next Tuesday, but SMS normally throw it in with the patch, a week or so before. Patch 8 must be coming this week surely? I am slightly worried what with Christmas, the Autosport Show and the Drivers Network Championship coming to a close yesterday/today, that the patch may have been rushed ... I hope I'm wrong.

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 11:51
Don't know if it is true, but iirc people said the Playstation Store is updated on tuesdays. So with no patch today, we'd get both patch and DLC next tuesday?

TheReaper GT
19-01-2016, 12:04
Don't know if it is true, but iirc people said the Playstation Store is updated on tuesdays. So with no patch today, we'd get both patch and DLC next tuesday?

Patches can be released at any at time, DLC's are attached to the store updates...

wyster4
19-01-2016, 12:05
Fixes ASAP, There are to many small issues and bugs and every patch seems to fix one thing and open another 8 problems, I have lost Patience with this game and find myself just not playing it which is a shame considering the potential this game started with, if there is a second round of funding for P'Cars 2 why would people invest when the first one so plagued with bugs, Sorry SMS but your patch team need to step up and deliver what P'cars is supposed to be.

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 12:09
if there is a second round of funding for P'Cars 2 why would people invest when the first one so plagued with bugs, Sorry SMS but your patch team need to step up and deliver what P'cars is supposed to be.
Probably the same reason they did for this title. Probably the same reason they did the first round for Pcars2.

They want the game and the franchise to succeed and are enjoying the game and wish to support the developer making further games.

Why do people do anything? They feel like it.

I'd have backed PCars2 the first time around if I could have afforded it, but it came on rather suddenly and didn't line up with my finances nor with my current health or equipment levels. :|

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 12:11
Patches can be released at any at time, DLC's are attached to the store updates...

So patches are not bound to tuesdays?

TheReaper GT
19-01-2016, 12:12
So patches are not bound to tuesdays?

not at all , they are bound only to Microsoft and Sony approval.

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 12:15
[...]I'd have backed PCars2 the first time around if I could have afforded it, but it came on rather suddenly and didn't line up with my finances nor with my current health or equipment levels. :|

I would like to support PCars2, but obviously they have enough money already, at least I don't see a way to participate :(

KkDrummer
19-01-2016, 12:15
Dunno...I got the feeling SMS will be releasing 8.0 on all platforms at the same time this time around...if not, consoles may not see any DLC next Tuesday.

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 12:16
not at all , they are bound only to Microsoft and Sony approval.

Thanks for the info, then I misunderstood the whole tuesday thing. Really looking forward to that V8 :)

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 12:17
I would like to support PCars2, but obviously they have enough money already, at least I don't see a way to participate :(

It was a smaller pool probably to keep the community more manageable and less full of white noise. I doubt it was closed because of having enough money. SMS could always use more money. They might even be open to large capital investors through legal mediums privately. I wouldn't know though. I didn't win the powerball.

Konan
19-01-2016, 12:28
Anyway ... back on topic ... I'm quite surprised we have yet to see patch notes regarding Patch 8 yet. January's DLC is scheduled to hit next Tuesday, but SMS normally throw it in with the patch, a week or so before. Patch 8 must be coming this week surely? I am slightly worried what with Christmas, the Autosport Show and the Drivers Network Championship coming to a close yesterday/today, that the patch may have been rushed ... I hope I'm wrong.

As i said before,maybe they're not releasing the patch notes in order not to start the ranting they usually cause...or maybe the'll release them as late as possible to reduce said ranting...

Don Rudi
19-01-2016, 12:31
As i said before,maybe they're not releasing the patch notes in order not to start the ranting they usually cause...or maybe the'll release them as late as possible to reduce said ranting...

There will be ranting anyway, no matter how good or bad a patch will be - customers are like that. I simply guess they had a few working days less due to holidays.

Konan
19-01-2016, 12:33
There will be ranting anyway, no matter how good or bad a patch will be - customers are like that. I simply guess they had a few working days less due to holidays.

Yeah... I agree on both points....

cluck
19-01-2016, 12:36
Patience young padawans, let Axl soothe your worries away

I been readin' the forum all night
Just tryin' to catch a sight
Hard to see, so many threads are around
You know I just love
Readin' 'bout the secrets you found
And the patch ain't out
At the moment that's fine
But SMS, please give us a sign
Cause I need you
Yeah patch 8, I need you
Oo, I need you
Whoa, I need you
Before patch nine

Konan
19-01-2016, 12:37
Patience young padawans, let Axl soothe your worries away

Aah...good old Axl...lol

Mascot
19-01-2016, 13:46

Nope. It's because people will literally explode with joy when they see the fix for Silverstone Classic's Pit Prison, and you should always delay making people explode for as long as possible.

SUBGTRACER
19-01-2016, 20:21
Hmmm unfortunately not one patch has made me explode with joy , I don't think I have even swelled a little .

BullWinkle
19-01-2016, 21:39
Hmmm unfortunately not one patch has made me explode with joy , I don't think I haven't even swelled a little .

Well...check your underwear then, maybe you just **** yourself with excitement.:D

cornishbrooksy
19-01-2016, 22:10
Well...check your underwear then, maybe you just **** yourself with excitement.:D

Watch your language please.

Edited.

stangnutlx
19-01-2016, 22:37
it'd be great if the tire model is fixed properly this time.

Umer Ahmad
19-01-2016, 22:54
Guaranteed SOMEONE will not get along with it. Too hard/easy complaints always.

SUBGTRACER
19-01-2016, 22:58
Guaranteed SOMEONE will not get along with it. Too hard/easy complaints always.

100% going to happen !

diesel97
19-01-2016, 23:59
it'd be great if the tire model is fixed properly this time.

Anybody seen this ?

http://www.stanceworks.com/2016/01/preview-the-official-stanceworks-x-project-cars-dlc-car-pack-coming-jan-26/

The StanceWorks BMWs make up only part of the exciting new update, with Mad Mike's RADBUL Formula Drift Miata making an entrance, along with a change to the tires' physics engine to allow for drifting around your favorite circuits. KTM's X-Bow R makes an appearance as well, and Ford's 2013 Falcon FG is the month's free car.

I guess you do need a new tire physics engine to drift

SUBGTRACER
20-01-2016, 00:04
Nice find diesel

DECATUR PLAYA
20-01-2016, 00:09
Nope. It's because people will literally explode with joy when they see the fix for Silverstone Classic's Pit Prison, and you should always delay making people explode for as long as possible.

Went there last night and wondered why everyone started leaving. Ran a 15 min qualifying and then got stuck in the pit prison. It's one of the games better tracks needs fixing.

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 00:17
Anybody seen this ?

http://www.stanceworks.com/2016/01/preview-the-official-stanceworks-x-project-cars-dlc-car-pack-coming-jan-26/

The StanceWorks BMWs make up only part of the exciting new update, with Mad Mike's RADBUL Formula Drift Miata making an entrance, along with a change to the tires' physics engine to allow for drifting around your favorite circuits. KTM's X-Bow R makes an appearance as well, and Ford's 2013 Falcon FG is the month's free car.

I guess you do need a new tire physics engine to drift

Or you need the 6.0ish physics to drift :D PR material have to be consider as hints... They will never say "look, we screwed up the tire model on 7.0 and we are rolling back to 5/6.0" on PR material...

diesel97
20-01-2016, 00:23
Or you need the 6.0ish physics to drift :D PR material have to be consider as hints... They will never say "look, we screwed up the tire model on 7.0 and we are rolling back to 5/6.0" on PR material...

I'm thinking it is just a case of "creative writing " I hope

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 00:26
I'm thinking it is just a case of "creative writing " I hope

Agreed

Sum Dixon-Ear
20-01-2016, 00:38
The lighting on the mountainside is just sublime... this image is doing my head in though. It reminds of somewhere I've been before... but where?

It's a bit like an elongated version of Slioch on the shores of Loch Maree... grrrr, where is it!

Sessionerror
20-01-2016, 08:50
It's out on PS4 :)

SUBGTRACER
20-01-2016, 08:51
Downloading now in australia

Invincible
20-01-2016, 08:56
Any signs on Steam yet? :(

Mascot
20-01-2016, 08:59
It's out on PS4 :)

Where are the patch notes? Can't find any listed anywhere..?

Konan
20-01-2016, 09:00
Where are the patch notes? Can't find any listed anywhere..?

I'be been looking also...no luck.

Konan
20-01-2016, 09:04
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44178-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-8-0-Release-Notes

Mascot
20-01-2016, 09:05
*praying for a Silverstone Classic pit prison solution*

Edit:

Tracks
• Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
• Ruapuna all layouts - updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it's after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.

Goddammit! Bah. Not happy.

Konan
20-01-2016, 09:06
They're out...posted the link above...

Don Rudi
20-01-2016, 09:08
Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.

What does "discontinuity fix" mean?

JessicaWalter
20-01-2016, 09:51
What does "discontinuity fix" mean?

discontinuity is when a guy in a movie drinks half a glass of water and then the shot switches to the guy he's talking to and when it switches back to the initial guy his glass is full again. sms is letting us drink water in a more believable fashion

Reiche
20-01-2016, 10:00
Any signs on Steam yet? :(

Downloading in Germany, 1.3 GB

TassyDevil
20-01-2016, 10:02
In Australia:yes:

cluck
20-01-2016, 10:06
Downloading in Germany, 1.3 GB

In Australia:yes:Add the UK to that list :)

theothermexico
20-01-2016, 10:11
Is it out for Xbox yet?

Invincible
20-01-2016, 10:15
Not yet, but I would bet that it is due either today or tomorrow.

theothermexico
20-01-2016, 10:18
Not yet, but I would bet that it is due either today or tomorrow.

That's what I was thinking, doesn't phase me as I don't have a chance to play until Friday arvo anyway

Reiche
20-01-2016, 10:29
Just did some quick laps around Nordschleife (Vantage GTE) and Nürburgring GP (Ruf R-GT8 GT3) and.. I really like it! :) I was mainly on Assetto Corsa the last weeks and every single time I moved to pCars the car felt "wrong".. That's much better and much more fun now (personal opinion of course, I don't claim that I'm an expert when it comes to physics, tyre temps or the actual handling of any sportscar :D)

KOW-alski
20-01-2016, 10:30
The lighting on the mountainside is just sublime... this image is doing my head in though. It reminds of somewhere I've been before... but where?

Since the car is from the next DLC, it's probably the track from that, I'd wager. Bannochbrae?

EvoM3
20-01-2016, 10:32
Just got a 1.3gb patch on steam! Hopefully the DLC.

satco1066
20-01-2016, 10:34
Just got a 1.3gb patch on steam! Hopefully the DLC.

Yes. DLC is inside.
No. You'll have to buy it, if you want to use it.

cluck
20-01-2016, 10:34
Just got a 1.3gb patch on steam! Hopefully the DLC.It's patch 8.0, which will include all the DLC that is due for release next Tuesday :).

EDIT : Ninjas, ninjas everywhere :o.

balderz002
20-01-2016, 10:39
It's patch 8.0, which will include all the DLC that is due for release next Tuesday :).

Man, do I wanna to pull a half-day at work today! So, who's gonna be first to start a thread bemoaning the patch 8.0 tyre physics? Cos I gotta large cod that wants to kiss your face!

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 10:46
It's patch 8.0, which will include all the DLC that is due for release next Tuesday :).

EDIT : Ninjas, ninjas everywhere :o.

Sms dojo is strong

Sum Dixon-Ear
20-01-2016, 10:51
Since the car is from the next DLC, it's probably the track from that, I'd wager. Bannochbrae?

Nope, the nearest thing to that mountain at Bannoch Brae is this rather unimpressive pile of earth and bricks in Sandy and Morag McPherson's front garden... :D

balderz002
20-01-2016, 10:52
Sms dojo is strong

Cobra Kai aint got nuthin' on us!

Give them a break Sum, that was a 2009 image, I bet its a mountain now!

Sum Dixon-Ear
20-01-2016, 11:08
Cobra Kai aint got nuthin' on us!

Give them a break Sum, that was a 2009 image, I bet its a mountain now!

Yes, that was rather remiss of me. I just checked through the planning applications for Bannoch Brae via the Fife Council website, and indeed there is a 2008 entry for a Mr A McPherson, 4 Bannoch Brae, Dunfermline to erect a 20,000,000,000 ton mountain in his front garden... wonder how he's getting on?

cluck
20-01-2016, 11:10
Yes, that was rather remiss of me. I just checked through the planning applications for Bannoch Brae through the Fife Council website, and indeed there is a 2008 entry for a Mr A McPherson, 4 Bannoch Brae, Dunfermline to erect a 20,000,000,000 ton mountain in his front garden... wonder how he's getting on?Judging by the pictures SMS have released, it looks like he finished it :yes:.

Sum Dixon-Ear
20-01-2016, 11:12
:D:D:D:D:D

KOW-alski
20-01-2016, 11:22
Crowd funding is working for the weirdest stuff!

balderz002
20-01-2016, 11:42
Sum, mate, the poor old bugger only had a shovel and wheel barrow to go along with his Espace. It mustve taken alot of trips to the DIY shop, and getting deliveries from Wickes to get it up! Ooh missus!

senna94f1
20-01-2016, 11:47
update patch 8.0 ps4 if currently downloading to your ps4,s but i am waiting more for the dlc and hoping we might even have an indy car with a proper oval track,

cluck
20-01-2016, 11:47
Sum, mate, the poor old bugger only had a shovel and wheel barrow to go along with his Espace. It mustve taken alot of trips to the DIY shop, and getting deliveries from Wickes to get it up! Ooh missus!There's an obvious joke in here about, ahem, something scaffolders do that begins with 'e'. But I'm not going there, no way :o.

balderz002
20-01-2016, 11:50
There's an obvious joke in here about, ahem, something scaffolders do that begins with 'e'. But I'm not going there, no way :o.

Elevation?

;)

Sum Dixon-Ear
20-01-2016, 11:54
Please, do not even insinuate that poor old Sandy managed to finally pull off one of the largest erections in Scotland....

balderz002
20-01-2016, 11:57
Please, do not even insinuate that poor old Sandy managed to finally pull off one of the largest erections in Scotland....

I hope it was all his own work!

Anyways, cant watito get home and get this update on the download! Also, to get all forensic on the game files!

Alexandre Bardet
20-01-2016, 12:01
where can I find information about the content of patch 8.0?

Bealdor
20-01-2016, 12:03
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44179-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-8-0-Release-Notes

Innerspace_HQ
20-01-2016, 12:09

http://www.rampantscotland.com/graphics/gsc3735a.jpg

Bkim
20-01-2016, 12:11
Okay, i am definitely giving hope up for Pcars for PC as a simracing game. I had really good hope that Pcars would replace other sims but unfortunately for the PC is on par with GRID and NFS series. That is not wrong at all. I just had other expectations. If SMS is smart they develop Pcars 2 purely for the consoles as i can imagine that Pcars is amazing for console players. Loads of cars and tracks and brilliant graphics. SMS should not spent energy creating a simracing game for the PC. They should leave that to developers that are purely focusing on PC and know what simracers expect from a simracing game.

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 12:14
Okay, i am definitely giving hope up for Pcars for PC as a simracing game. I had really good hope that Pcars would replace other sims but unfortunately for the PC is on par with GRID and NFS series. That is not wrong at all. I just had other expectations. If SMS is smart they develop Pcars 2 purely for the consoles as i can imagine that Pcars is amazing for console players. Loads of cars and tracks and brilliant graphics. SMS should not spent energy creating a simracing game for the PC. They should leave that to developers that are purely focusing on PC and know what simracers expect from a simracing game.

Hummm

noobkill
20-01-2016, 12:15
@Bkim
Could you please explain a bit more what do you mean?

SlowBloke
20-01-2016, 12:16

pffft..

DreamsKnight
20-01-2016, 12:17

assetto corsa is waiting for you, with its 15 tracks and 15 cars.

soon also on consolle.

oh wait... DUH!

cluck
20-01-2016, 12:19
Okay, i am definitely giving hope up for Pcars for PC as a simracing game. I had really good hope that Pcars would replace other sims but unfortunately for the PC is on par with GRID and NFS series. That is not wrong at all. I just had other expectations. If SMS is smart they develop Pcars 2 purely for the consoles as i can imagine that Pcars is amazing for console players. Loads of cars and tracks and brilliant graphics. SMS should not spent energy creating a simracing game for the PC. They should leave that to developers that are purely focusing on PC and know what simracers expect from a simracing game.pCARS is heads and shoulders above both of those and you know it, we know it, the devs know it, the makers of those other games know it.

I'll just leave this comment that I heard, in person, Lucas Luhr (BMW GT works driver, who came 2nd in the 2015 24 hours of Nurburgring race with the BMW Z4 GT3) say to one of the SMS guys (Joseph Barron) after he hopped off the sim-rig that was at the AutoSport Live show last weekend. He had heard the rig was at the show and begged SMS to grab some time on it :-

"You guys nailed it"

But what does he know eh :rolleyes:.

@Bkim
Could you please explain a bit more what do you mean?Also, this ^^^^ . Would be nice to know exactly what it is you think is missing, it might help the devs instead of what you posted.

senna94f1
20-01-2016, 12:26
please stop moaning about a master piece of a racing game ,this game has kept me entertained for 300hrs and with more to come from project cars , i for one will be gutted when project cars 2 comes out because its got to go some way to match this first game ,project cars says to me on twitter that they will continue to bring out dlc and updates along with support for rest of this year ,i do hope they aleast bring an indy car along with one oval track ,i do know they already have certain cars done serval months ago , the one gripe is the ask your engineneer well he never appeared lol .

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 12:28
please stop moaning about a master piece of a racing game ,this game has kept me entertained for 300hrs and with more to come from project cars , i for one will be gutted when project cars 2 comes out because its got to go some way to match this first game ,project cars says to me on twitter that they will continue to bring out dlc and updates along with support for rest of this year ,i do hope they aleast bring an indy car along with one oval track ,i do know they already have certain cars done serval months ago , the one gripe is the ask your engineneer well he never appeared lol .

Crew Chief is here to rescue you, and its brilliant

senna94f1
20-01-2016, 12:30

idiot just sayin , i am only joking , go play on them games but this game has kept me and alot of other gamers exicted for hundreds of hours ,now that cant be a bad thing my friend can it compared to some games like cod to name a few 8 hrs of game play now thats poor.

Blunt RS
20-01-2016, 12:31
Could I get some help from the devs please. Ive tried to get help with dim grid lights on certain tracks posted pics no one seems to be interested.

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 12:33
Could I get some help from the devs please. Ive tried to get help with dim grid lights on certain tracks posted pics no one seems to be interested.

Send a pm with your thread link to one of the moderators, they can forward it to one of the devs..

Blunt RS
20-01-2016, 12:36
Thankyou very much. I requested the thread be deleted cause i didn't want to clutter the forum up but ill make another.

Eric Bergeret
20-01-2016, 12:44
pCARS is heads and shoulders above both of those and you know it,

Also, this ^^^^ . Would be nice to know exactly what it is you think is missing, it might help the devs instead of what you posted.

hum are you serious ?? :o

-old required stuff for exemple, something we ask for year now, manual pit stop! triple screen support ? i stop here this 2 are already killing the game.
"but sure on console you don't really need triple screen support"

game is good to put in the nfs or grid class, not on simulation.
i have defend the game over the past 3 years, waste of time when i see the game today.
from strong and talking FFb to weak and dead ffb. sound onboard still sux :), was really that hard to put a fcking option to turn on outside sound when driving onboard ?
where is also the rating system ?

So help the dev !!!?
they listen only what they want listen, not what the community want.

Shinzah
20-01-2016, 12:49
manual pit stop!
Manual franchise death!

triple screen support ? i stop here this 2 are already killing the game.

So your determination of "Simulation" are solely dependent on design choices that in no way affect the simulation of racing? Okay. Bye.

Discussing with the people in the steamchat about the multiple drivers whose names I actually know and who actually drive racecars playing this title. I don't think they came for "nfs or grid". What have you won lately? Why does your opinion matter, who even are you? And more importantly, if you've been doing this for years and are that disappointed, why aren't you gone?

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 12:53

-old required stuff for exemple, something we ask for year now, manual pit stop! triple screen support ? i stop here this 2 are already killing the game.

i have defend the game over the past 3 years, waste of time when i see the game today.
from strong and talking FFb to weak and dead ffb. sound onboard still sux :), was really that hard to put a fcking option to turn on outside sound when driving onboard ?

So help the dev !!!?

1.) Triplescreen has nothing to do with the consoles... Just not possible to implement with the current engine (furthermore over 90% of the AC crowd is racing in Single screen too, go wonder)

2.) Comparing pCars to Grid/NFS... can't really take you serious.

3.) FFB is actually the nicest on MY CSWv2 accept rFactor 2 which just has a small advantage.

4.) Ranking System in MP was never planned. Join a league and have fun.

5.) Onboardsoud "sux"?? Sure not all cars are the best, but the overall sound performance is ahead the competition accept RRRE. "WHY THE F*CK" (to quote you) do I want to hear the sound the car is making on the outside when I am in the "f*cking" cockpit?! You talk about realism, and want an unreaistic sound system placed inside your racecar... OK ;)

cluck
20-01-2016, 12:58

So help the dev !!!?
they listen only what they want listen, not what the community want.I asked for HIS opinions on what he thought was putting it in the same class as NFS and GRID, not yours :). Everybody has their own likes and dislikes and I simply cannot agree that pCARS, at any single moment in time, has been on the level of those other games, hence my question.

So yes, I was serious :).

Yorkie065
20-01-2016, 13:01

So help the dev !!!?

Whilst things like manual pitstops would be nice, how much time do you actually spend going through the pit lane compared to driving around on the track? This is where priorities come in. Yes, it would be nice, cool and more immersive to have but I'd much rather have proper physics out on track than a fully realistic pitstop simulator.

As for triple screens...the reasons as to why they didn't make it in fully have been explained. Same with a lot of other desired features that aren't in the game (I'll admit not all). Whether you choose to listen to those reasons or not is up to you, but it is what it is and the devs have said that they're pretty much capped in terms of performance and what they can do. What aspect(s) of the game are you willing to sacrifice to get what you'd want in?

As for the option to turn on outside sound on in the cockpit....good simulation feature that ;)

You say that the devs only listen to what they want to listen to, and not do what the community wants, but what if your box of toys is already full? And you have more toys you need/want to put in? What do you do? You get a new and bigger box (PCars2)!

Blunt RS
20-01-2016, 13:03
Triple screen support for racing is a huge deal format is irelevent. I got triple screen on my 360 for FM4 only way to fully enjoy a racing game imo.

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 13:05
Triple screen support for racing is a huge deal format is irelevent. I got triple screen on my 360 for FM4 only way to fully enjoy a racing game imo.

Valid point. I still think it is NOT gamebeaking not to have angle correction in pCars. ("proper" triple screen)
I tired it a few times, and if I don't compare it DIRECTLY to a sim that has it, I don't even recognise it.

Blunt RS
20-01-2016, 13:13
I agree if the game's got it that's awesome if not i still thoroughly enjoy the game. Just need to adapt i don't know about wheel users but pad i just use the free look to look out the windows comeing in and out of turns for other cars.For whatever reason i understand some things just aren't possible.

N0body Of The Goat
20-01-2016, 13:14
As for the option to turn on outside sound on in the cockpit....good simulation feature that ;)

Compared to Time Trial and Community Events allowing...
Damage off
Mechanical damage off
Tyre wear off
Zero brake duct
Zero radiator
Zero camber (which was an exploit until very recently)

Or rain tyres that can survive for many laps in the dry (sometimes being consistently quicker than slicks)

External sounds heard from the cockpit is extremely trivial, in my opinion, as far as simulation goes. ;)

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 13:15
I agree if the game's got it that's awesome if not i still thoroughly enjoy the game. Just need to adapt i don't know about wheel users but pad i just use the free look to look out the windows comeing in and out of turns for other cars.For whatever reason i understand some things just aren't possible.
Again, Crew Chief, he spots for you :D

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 13:16

I highly suggest using the "Crew Chief" app.
He tells you if there is anyone besides you and a lot more useful stuff!!

Furthermore I don't need no triplescreens anymore. The Oculus DK2 taught me: Triple Screen is nothing in comparison ;)

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 13:17
Compared to Time Trial and Community Events allowing...
Damage off
Mechanical damage off
Tyre wear off
Zero brake duct
Zero radiator
Zero camber (which was an exploit until very recently)

Or rain tyres that can survive for many laps in the dry (sometimes being consistently quicker than slicks)

External sounds heard from the cockpit is extremely trivial, in my opinion, as far as simulation goes. ;)
Sry double post :(

'Touchée' :P

diesel97
20-01-2016, 13:21

Yes the Crew Chief is great but lets hope this does not turn into the normal,were the the game makers stop putting stuff in the game because you can buy a app that does it. Buy no means i'm saying that is what SMS is doing but it can turn into a slippery slope that no one want to down

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 13:23
Yes the Crew Chief is great but lets hope this does not turn into the normal,were the the game makers stop putting stuff in the game because you can buy a app that does it. Buy no means i'm saying that is what SMS is doing but it can turn into a slippery slope that no one want to down

I agree, but the opening for these talented devs is refreshing... And some free apps are awesome, like crew chief, vrhive and vHud, all free for Windows

Innerspace_HQ
20-01-2016, 13:29

Bit late to the party on this but cheers for the reminder, I'm gonna give that a blast on my Windoze phone later.

Is it def worth having, aye?

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 13:31
Bit late to the party on this but cheers for the reminder, I'm gonna give that a blast on my Windoze phone later.

It is worth and I guess you will call it mandatory after using it for a few minutes... I don't think it runs on Windows phone though, only on your computer... Vhud runs on Windows phone, also a damn good app

F1_Racer68
20-01-2016, 13:33
Whilst things like manual pitstops would be nice, how much time do you actually spend going through the pit lane compared to driving around on the track? This is where priorities come in. Yes, it would be nice, cool and more immersive to have but I'd much rather have proper physics out on track than a fully realistic pitstop simulator.

As for triple screens...the reasons as to why they didn't make it in fully have been explained. Same with a lot of other desired features that aren't in the game (I'll admit not all). Whether you choose to listen to those reasons or not is up to you, but it is what it is and the devs have said that they're pretty much capped in terms of performance and what they can do. What aspect(s) of the game are you willing to sacrifice to get what you'd want in?

You say that the devs only listen to what they want to listen to, and not do what the community wants, but what if your box of toys is already full? And you have more toys you need/want to put in? What do you do? You get a new and bigger box (PCars2)!

I had the exact same reaction...... wants it to be a true SIM, but yet wants FAKE exterior sounds while INSIDE the car. Yeah..... that makes sense..... LOL

Innerspace_HQ
20-01-2016, 13:34
It is worth and I guess you will call it mandatory after using it for a few minutes... I don't think it runs on Windows phone though, only on your computer... Vhud runs on Windows phone, also a damn good app

I googled it and got this... http://windowsphoneapk.com/APK_My-Crew-Chief_Windows-Phone.html ?

Same thing?

KkDrummer
20-01-2016, 13:34

Crew Chief on Windows PC is amazing! give it a try.

Reinart86
20-01-2016, 13:35
any news on the xbox patch?

KkDrummer
20-01-2016, 13:35
I googled it and got this... http://windowsphoneapk.com/APK_My-Crew-Chief_Windows-Phone.html ?

Same thing?

that does not look right...try this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 13:36

Same thing?

Nope, this one :
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC
He spots and answer voice requests like who is front, gap, fuel, tires, brakes and another ton of stuff
Also he curses at you if you screw up...

Innerspace_HQ
20-01-2016, 13:39
that does not look right...try this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC

Aye, I didn't think it looked right at all either... what's the recommendations then for a Windoze phone? My tele is my monitor so I can't run two at one time if the Xbox is on....

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 13:41
Aye, I didn't think it looked right at all either... what's the recommendations then for a Windoze phone? My tele is my monitor so I can't run two at one time if the Xbox is on....

Vhud as motec and you don't need screen for Crewchief, run it and forget about it... You need a speaker for it though.
Doesn't matter if I run Crew Chief on my android phone or my laptop, I use a earbud and my headphones on top of it... Feels legit. Like the drivers use buds inside the helmets

Innerspace_HQ
20-01-2016, 13:47
Vhud as motec and you don't need screen for Crewchief, run it and forget about it... You need a speaker for it though.
Doesn't matter if I run Crew Chief on my android phone or my laptop, I use a earbud and my headphones on top of it... Feels legit. Like the drivers use buds inside the helmets

That's a roger. Thanks, man. I'll go fiddle when I finish work.

Sum Dixon-Ear
20-01-2016, 13:51
... I'll go fiddle when I finish work.

Innerspace_HQ
20-01-2016, 13:57

It's feeling a bit like International Innuendo Day here today.... ;)

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 14:16

Nice, if you need any help invite me to a party and we make it run like a charm...

Roger Prynne
20-01-2016, 14:26

It's got nothing to do with me.... :D

balderz002
20-01-2016, 14:43
What is it with mods and suspect behaviour recently!?

Shinzah
20-01-2016, 14:44
It's got nothing to do with me.... :D

surely he meant wilco!

Roger Prynne
20-01-2016, 14:46
You leave my wilco out of this.. :playful:

Blunt RS
20-01-2016, 14:49
TheReaper GT & IJOJOI thankyou for the links very helpful.
Personally with the crew chief spotting cars left n right. Never been a fan tbh i think its down to the driver to know where their are.
Oculus DK2 that's insane and imo thee way to go. I didn't realise stuff like that excisted for consoles. I can see now why you say no need for triple screen. Am guessing that DK2 also works out cheaper I don't know. Along time ago now but my triple set up cost just over a 1k wish i hadn't of bothered now and spent the money on a high PC :( .

Roger Prynne
20-01-2016, 14:54
Personally with the crew chief spotting cars left n right. Never been a fan tbh i think its down to the driver to know where their are.
Oculus DK2 that's insane and imo thee way to go. I didn't realise stuff like that excisted for consoles. I can see now why you say no need for triple screen. Am guessing that DK2 also works out cheaper I don't know. Along time ago now but my triple set up cost just over a 1k wish i hadn't of bothered now and spent the money on a high PC :( .

You can always turn that part off if you want as the app is very configurable.

diesel97
20-01-2016, 14:54

This can be turned off , lots of options

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC

all the info you will need

balderz002
20-01-2016, 14:59
Looks like I might have to look into the feasability of saving up for VR between now and PCars2 release.................. Dunno if my wife/PC/wallet could take it though..............

skells22
20-01-2016, 15:00
any news on the xbox patch?

when microsoft gives the green flag and as you should all know by now Microsoft like to take thier time over patches (plus there an firmware update due, keep that in mind Xbox one owners)

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 15:14
Looks like I might have to look into the feasability of saving up for VR between now and PCars2 release.................. Dunno if my wife/PC/wallet could take it though..............

Use the "TV is all yours" line... :D

Flat_out
20-01-2016, 15:17
Out for Xbox.Downloading now Uk

Flat_out
20-01-2016, 15:39
Any idea about the patch notes going up?

So I can do a few checks thanks.

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 15:43
Any idea about the patch notes going up?

So I can do a few checks thanks.

Any moment now, but I suspect it's pretty much the same as the other platforms

KkDrummer
20-01-2016, 15:45
good news, gotta do some testing tonite then! =]

Boskapongen
20-01-2016, 15:45
Just checked xb1, not out here.

Reinart86
20-01-2016, 15:47
Yeah not available yet here in Belgium too. Why have i no patience? :)

Flat_out
20-01-2016, 15:58
Sorry folks.I might have jumped the gun!!

Not sure what my download was.What is the game size pre-download?

TheReaper GT
20-01-2016, 16:01
Sorry folks.I might have jumped the gun!!

Not sure what my download was.What is the game size pre-download?

Something is downloading here gonna check game version in a bit