PDA

View Full Version : Why no Pit Crews?

wenjunyang1990
16-01-2016, 13:36
hi gays,one simple question.
Pit Engineer is on but why no pit crews?

Umer Ahmad
16-01-2016, 14:15
too difficult. Too many cars, requires so many different character animations. lots of development time and testing.

Neil Bateman
16-01-2016, 14:15
Search the forum for your answer, dont be lazy its been one of the most discussed subjects in the whole forum.

kevin kirk
16-01-2016, 14:21
its so much more fun to use your imagination

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 14:24
'cause they are useless, they add nothing than cosmetic inutily.

it's time someone says the truth.

kevin kirk
16-01-2016, 14:36
I could see pit crews if we had full control in pit lane and we needed to pit, be safe on pit lane, hit the box and safely leave pit lane. Since we cant, pit crews would be nothing more than eye candy

SUBGTRACER
16-01-2016, 14:47

Nice one , liveries, trees, grass , Sky , gravel traps are all cosmetic , I could go on with this list .

Well done !

wicker man
16-01-2016, 14:56
Nice one , liveries, trees, grass , Sky , gravel traps are all cosmetic , I could go on with this list .

Well done !

i agree with him couldn't careless about a pit crew

Haiden
16-01-2016, 15:07

diesel97
16-01-2016, 15:21
Search the forum for your answer, dont be lazy its been one of the most discussed subjects in the whole forum.

In case you didn't notice that was his first post , good job with the welcoming committee.

People wonder why this forum gets a bad rep

Kitt
16-01-2016, 15:48
Not just eye candy,it's an immersion thing imho.

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 15:52

Well done !

1- liveries: i use random. who cares in liveries in random races with ai or random people?
2- trees: great. i like them. i hate them for the lose of frames. and it's sure that it is happen when you are in the middle of an overtake.
3- sky: tendentious
4- gravel traps: not cosmetic, they had a function.

i don't want flame, but honestly reading 3 times at the days about pit crew is wearisome. there are more important things missing about functionality. and now we know everything about what we'll have or not.

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 16:10
In case you didn't notice that was his first post , good job with the welcoming committee.

i joined in 11/10, after two months of lurking, to use the search function.

i found a great community, people available, famous users who reply to PM kindly, no one blame me for my bad english, no one blame me cause i'm a noob in this world, no one blame me for questions about things that can be obvious for experts. and last but no least i never seen a mod with a Syndrome of God. probably I have always tried to present myself in a good way and i assure you that language limit makes things really hard.

so i don't know why there is a bad rep.

ps: and to make a laugh, i have nothing against them, but i'm not gay. ;)

TurtleCrunchy
16-01-2016, 20:14
you have a 3930k and a Strix 970, yet you hate trees for the loss of frames, I think you need to get your system looked at if thats the case

DreamsKnight
16-01-2016, 22:02
you have a 3930k and a Strix 970, yet you hate trees for the loss of frames, I think you need to get your system looked at if thats the case

It is a known bug or lack of optimization, call as you want, declared by Ian bell, not me.

Using search help also in this case.

Neil Bateman
17-01-2016, 00:25

I did notice and his very first post is why no pit crews, that is also not the way to introduce yourself.

How about "Hi, just played the game and noticed that there are no pit crews as seen in the intro movie, has anyone got any information on this as its a bit dissapointing them not in the game.

A lot of first time posters with this type of question are told to search the forum because that is what your supposed to do, if then you cant find an answer then ask a question with a bit more decorum.

diesel97
17-01-2016, 02:48
I did notice and his very first post is why no pit crews, that is also not the way to introduce yourself.

How about "Hi, just played the game and noticed that there are no pit crews as seen in the intro movie, has anyone got any information on this as its a bit dissapointing them not in the game.

A lot of first time posters with this type of question are told to search the forum because that is what your supposed to do, if then you cant find an answer then ask a question with a bit more decorum.

the time it took you to write these 2 post you could answered the question 3x over, instead you thought it would be better to be start a**

buy the way a mod answered the question in professional , mature manner

Neil Bateman
17-01-2016, 05:40
the time it took you to write these 2 post you could answered the question 3x over, instead you thought it would be better to be start a**

buy the way a mod answered the question in professional , mature manner

You have your opinion i have my opinion, we just don't agree so let's leave it there and move on.

Mad Al
17-01-2016, 09:20

you may wish to look up the following

Guys

Gays

somewhat different meanings .... although luckily, most around here, answer to just about anything.. :)

Salty Dog
17-01-2016, 10:28
too difficult. Too many cars, requires so many different character animations. lots of development time and testing.

Well if they used all the same Naked Ladies on every pit crew there would be no need for different uniforms and re-jigging things would there? ;)

Salty Dog
17-01-2016, 10:41

Hi Wenjun, welcome aboard, how did you guess we were all Gay?

Maybe the gay pride flag as the project cars logo was the give away lol ;)

KkDrummer
17-01-2016, 11:25
and all of a sudden no one wants animated pitstops...well SMS don't bother adding to PCars 2 then lol....

NavyFlipper HUN
17-01-2016, 11:50
Why would be need pit crew?
Whats the function of those?

btw...Im not gay! I have nice girlfriend! :D

IrideGravity
17-01-2016, 11:50

Stupid comment. Stupid likes.
We now we return you to your regularly programmed nonsense.
But truthfully. If done correctly they add tons of immersion.
Truthfully if they were there. You'd see what goes into the timing of a stop.
Not sitting there picking your nose wondering when the pit stop might magically end
AND WHY.
It's so dumb spending gobs of time in the pit wondering what's supposed to be happening? Or why it's taking so long.
If you're gonna extend my pit stay by my wheel man magically losing a nut every time. We might as well see him fumbling, instead of thinking. "That's a pretty lame staged event I'm supposed to imagine in my head every other lot stop.

I wonder why they over use the lost wheel nut voice over?
Hmm, maybe it's because it's the only thing added to a pit stop mechanic that helps you not forget you're still playing a racing game once you pit.
It's possibly the single biggest requested feature for a reason.
Having a lame pit sequence just spoils the fun of would should be an enjoyable break.

Anyone who's played Iracing can tell you that having to bring the car to pit lane speed under control and as fast as possible, without incurring penalty is a stressful, but welcome addition.
Pit stops are part of racing.
Having it dead in there and lifeless and robotic is just totally un-satisfying. And hurts the overall tension and vibe of a race.

Machinist90
17-01-2016, 11:56
they shouldn't have announced pitcrew and they shouldn't have said "coming soon" when asked....false advertising

IrideGravity
17-01-2016, 11:56
and all of a sudden no one wants animated pitstops...well SMS don't bother adding to PCars 2 then lol....

Boom goes the dynamite.
Trending....trending......
It's to ha.....
Less work, more money

casscroute
17-01-2016, 12:05

Not all right, Ian bell said that pit stops animations will be to come on project cars :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29704-Pit-Stop-Animation

Umer Ahmad
17-01-2016, 12:26
thanks, still does not change that we will NOT have pit crews in pcars1. Search for Ian's later posts on this topic.

It is NOT coming mon frere. Move forward now please. You have the answer, there is nothing further to discuss.

DragonSyr
17-01-2016, 12:46
before the end of the support of pcars1,
insteed of pitcrew give to us at least pitlimiter and some interaction for entering and leaving the pits........make it as f1 codemasters titles

Umer Ahmad
17-01-2016, 13:43
Let me say in very clear language: SMS will not introduce new features for pcars1 FULL STOP.

For pcars1 we will see new content and bug fixes only.

Liquid7394
17-01-2016, 14:11
That screenshot is hilarious.

Haiden
17-01-2016, 14:19
I just wish they had at least filled the garages and lanes with static/semi-static images, like the audience and fans along the track. They don't have to play out the pit stop animation, but having something in the lane and garages--equipment, guys standing around, etc--would be better than leaving them empty.

You have your opinion i have my opinion, we just don't agree so let's leave it there and move on.

I agree. It was lazy on his part. You wouldn't walk into a crowded room and just start talking, without first listening. Similar principle.

Mahjik
17-01-2016, 14:28
I just wish they had at least filled the garages and lanes with static/semi-static images, like the audience and fans along the track. They don't have to play out the pit stop animation, but having something in the lane and garages--equipment, guys standing around, etc--would be better than leaving them empty.

I think this would be a bad idea. While I do believe there are many people would appreciate such a thing, the large mass would think "We waitied a year for static people in pitstops?". IMO, it's either best SMS do nothing or if they can, provide the full pitstop animations. Anything different than those two options is likely to make the perception worse even if it's a step in the right direction.

Haiden
17-01-2016, 14:33
I think this would be a bad idea. While I do believe there are many people would appreciate such a thing, the large mass would think "We waitied a year for static people in pitstops?". IMO, it's either best SMS do nothing or if they can, provide the full pitstop animations. Anything different than those two options is likely to make the perception worse even if it's a step in the right direction.

I see what you mean, but right now, everyone that wanted them is complaining or disappointed. If they add the static/semi-static background images, it would at least appease some of the people. Isn't that better than none? Personally, I'd like to see the lanes looking a little less empty, but can easily live with it, since most of my time is spent on the track. :)

Mahjik
17-01-2016, 14:48
it would at least appease some of the people. Isn't that better than none?

Not if the cost is to make the rest even more unhappy. I can't say what SMS will do in this situation, but I know what I would do....

There is a card they could play... The main issue that Ian mentioned they didn't anticipate was being able to do animations for DLC. If DLC is only planned out for the next 4-5 months, they could deliver animated pit crews after all the DLC. It makes the wait longer, but would allow SMS to provide the exact implementation they wanted without any sacrifice of quality.

IrideGravity
17-01-2016, 14:51
they shouldn't have announced pitcrew and they shouldn't have said "coming soon" when asked....false advertising

Same goes for custom championships.
Those are the two biggest fibs SMS told.
I'm sure there's more.

Liquid7394
17-01-2016, 15:08
I'd be fine with animations for only the base game cars. It would be better than nothing.

DragonSyr
17-01-2016, 18:39
Let me say in very clear language: SMS will not introduce new features for pcars1 FULL STOP.

For pcars1 we will see new content and bug fixes only.
1st who decided THE FULL STOP
2nd SMS introduce from the beggining the pitcrew animations as advertising to sell the game..............
anyone can tell that they dupe the consumers if not at least do something else instead of what they promised.
and i not mean the patches that they is obliged to make.

so the game will be left unfinished and we will be the suckers ???

Roger Prynne
17-01-2016, 19:00
Nobody has duped anybody!
It's been explained numerous times why there are no pit crews.

If you can't except the explanations then that's your problem.

I don't see any point discussing the subject anymore, so I'm closing this thread.