PDA

View Full Version : Classic Lotus F1 Racing League

OctoberDusk06
17-01-2016, 10:56
We have a good mix of British and American drivers in our Lotus Classic F1 World Championship (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lotus-classic-f1-world-championship.111267/). Saturday at 4:30pm U.S. Eastern or 9:30 GMT. We run every two weeks and have many races left. This is our second league after running a full British GT Series shortly after the game was released.

Come on over and check us out, sign up, and race away. Although we are in the middle of a "season" we don't take ourselves too seriously. No teams, no "fantasy" assists to force people to advantage themselves over "the original", historic tracks that the Loti actually raced on, real length races, no silly attendance requirements, lots of experienced SIM racers on the site, supported by one of the largest SIM racing sites in the world (PC and console). Come join the fun! There is also an LMP2 series when the Loti are not in action.

HiSpeeder
17-01-2016, 14:06
Awesome, we should have something like this for PS4.

Only just in the past 2 weeks I discovered how much fun the Classic Lotus cars are. At first when I started playing Pcars last June or so I struggled a lot with them and then totally neglected them, but with ie the 49 stiffening up the suspension and slowing the steering response makes them much more driveable, even on a controller. Loving the raw experience and not having to contend with DRS and KERS etc. Still, I'm amazed that, while of course in the 60s and 70s F1 racing was a lot more dangerous than it is now, not a lot more people where killed racing these. Make one minor error, which would hardly be noticeable in a modern racecar, and in these old ones you're reduced to a very unlucky and frightened passenger.

OctoberDusk06
19-01-2016, 04:35
Awesome, we should have something like this for PS4.

Only just in the past 2 weeks I discovered how much fun the Classic Lotus cars are. At first when I started playing Pcars last June or so I struggled a lot with them and then totally neglected them, but with ie the 49 stiffening up the suspension and slowing the steering response makes them much more driveable, even on a controller. Loving the raw experience and not having to contend with DRS and KERS etc. Still, I'm amazed that, while of course in the 60s and 70s F1 racing was a lot more dangerous than it is now, not a lot more people where killed racing these. Make one minor error, which would hardly be noticeable in a modern racecar, and in these old ones you're reduced to a very unlucky and frightened passenger.

They certainly are a joy. I'd say the best group in the game so far. Although, many cars come to mind. We had a GP3 (FA) "Support Series" and even with the crappy tire physics, those cars are like a golden retriever...never a bad experience. Love to have you come on over and join us. We aren't that formal, and just a few (lucky ones) really appreciate the nuances of the Lotus Classics. :-) (Like you said, sometimes they are strangely stable, since they had to be...a recent race at the Nordscheife was nowhere near as difficult as a 90s Euro GT series car is proving to be).