PDA

View Full Version : how to tackle Snetterton 200 last corner ?

ShimonART
17-01-2016, 13:18
Iam currently doing the reno clio cup career and iam on the second race in Snetterton 200 .
the issue iam having is in the last corner, where I always lose the rear end and spinning off the track .
any help will be appreciated

marcel171281
17-01-2016, 13:28
Be smooth on the brakes. Take a slightly different line through the corner before that and try to get the car as straight as you can before you touch the brakes.

Patrick Kulinski
17-01-2016, 13:45
Be smooth on the brakes. Take a slightly different line through the corner before that and try to get the car as straight as you can before you touch the brakes.
Seconded. I remember that for this corner, I try to stick to the left as long as possible before I dart to the right before braking harder, giving me the opportunity to straighten the wheel. And just so that I have mentioned it, too: be smooth on the brakes there.

AtomicSphincter
17-01-2016, 15:09
Seconded. I remember that for this corner, I try to stick to the left as long as possible before I dart to the right before braking harder, giving me the opportunity to straighten the wheel. And just so that I have mentioned it, too: be smooth on the brakes there.

Double true. Start by applying brakes softly till you can straighten the car out a little more, then more pressure. You want to be all the way to the right, off the brakes through the left-hander. Try it a few times going a little slower than you'd do in the race, then all out. You'll get it right, just practice it.

DayGlow
17-01-2016, 15:55
This video talks about that very corner

http://youtu.be/qj7pPh8FXTM

kevin kirk
17-01-2016, 16:35
This video talks about that very corner

http://youtu.be/qj7pPh8FXTM

is there some kinda of library or anywhere on the forum that videos like these are grouped together in one place?

ShimonART
17-01-2016, 16:55

i will try that , i also made the setup to be more stable on the brakes. i qualified 3rd only because last lap i screwed up that corner again , hope the race will be smoother :]
i'll upload a video next time

beetes_juice
17-01-2016, 17:01
is there some kinda of library or anywhere on the forum that videos like these are grouped together in one place?

Yes. Here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22501-Project-Cars-Tuning-Guide-3f-and-case-studies-now-live!).

rosko
17-01-2016, 19:26
Yeah im in career mode & got stuck on this track in the clio. It takes a lot of getting the setup right, I managed to nail those 2 difficult corners in the end but im not especially quick with those, then the next race is wet & my front tires last about 3 laps before they are shot so i am stuck again.

hdh
17-01-2016, 20:05
The Clio has a rather lively rear end. If you also try to blip the throttle on downshifts the car will remain more stable during deceleration.

Daynja
19-01-2016, 19:00
Trail brake

ramm21
19-01-2016, 22:44
also remember AI don't brake lifelike- they can brake while turning. So this particular corner the AI will seem like they are rushing up from behind you because they brake so much later. Don't let that bother you, or the fact that you will get rammed by AI in that corner much more than any other corner. Its just the physics of PCars, and nothing you can really do about it in the game besides practice practice practice and figure out which line to take to avoid getting hit by AI. You should be as far right as you can before turning on the straight, but if AI is behind you they will cut you off or hit you from the side. In the case that AI is behind me, I usually stay a little towards the left so I block the inside line for AI. Hope this helps.

Mauler_77
20-01-2016, 09:47
Brake in a straight line as you approach it. Also remember the exit to that corner is actually a bit wider than you might expect, you just need to make sure the car is stable going in.

cluck
20-01-2016, 09:54
also remember AI don't brake lifelike- they can brake while turning. So this particular corner the AI will seem like they are rushing up from behind you because they brake so much later. Don't let that bother you, or the fact that you will get rammed by AI in that corner much more than any other corner. Its just the physics of PCars, and nothing you can really do about it in the game besides practice practice practice and figure out which line to take to avoid getting hit by AI. You should be as far right as you can before turning on the straight, but if AI is behind you they will cut you off or hit you from the side. In the case that AI is behind me, I usually stay a little towards the left so I block the inside line for AI. Hope this helps.Erm, real life racing drivers do brake whilst turning, it's called trail braking. OK, the vast majority of the braking will be whilst they are still straight, but they will continue to brake into the corner. All the drivers were doing that at the WEC 6 hours of Nurburgring last year at the bottom hairpin.

That aside, the AI can brake perfectly where most of us, shall we say 'casual' racers, cannot (myself included). If you drive against the really good sim-racers, they will also brake extremely late, far later than me.