PDA

View Full Version : Stall or Slow down on some corners

Project
17-01-2016, 13:52
Why do most of the cars, when negotiating very tight corners, practically stall or stop running? When I slow (brake, etc.) to get around hairpin turns, it takes a bit to get the rpms up again to get going fast. My system or just the way it is?

Liquid7394
17-01-2016, 14:18
You're on PS4 so I doubt it's your system, unless you have issues in other games. Can you record a video showing the problem?

biggbaddwolf
17-01-2016, 14:53
I know what you are talking about. I always just figured it was a quirk with racing games, as GT6 would do the same exact thing!!

Umer Ahmad
17-01-2016, 17:43
Too tall gear/gearing ?

Disable Traction Control (fuel cut-off during wheel slip conditions)

hkraft300
17-01-2016, 20:20
What cars are you driving?

You don't have the same torque and HP across all rev range. If your revs are low, especially in a turbo car, it'll take a moment to spin up and get on the power band.
Solutions: select a lower gear, adjust gear ratios, get on the throttle a moment sooner.

GamerSX
17-01-2016, 20:44
I had the same issue, I found that when I turned off the braking assist, the problem stopped. I had posted a topic in the help section. Try turning off the brake assist in the gameplay options menu.

I thought it was my Logitech steering wheel. It's just a game issue.

bradleyland
17-01-2016, 21:53
I had the same issue, I found that when I turned off the braking assist, the problem stopped. I had posted a topic in the help section. Try turning off the brake assist in the gameplay options menu.

I thought it was my Logitech steering wheel. It's just a game issue.

I've done that before. Very annoying. My car kept acting strange through the sweeping off-camber turn on the home stretch of Sakitto. Drove me nuts until I figured out it was brake assist.

GamerSX
17-01-2016, 22:25
I've done that before. Very annoying. My car kept acting strange through the sweeping off-camber turn on the home stretch of Sakitto. Drove me nuts until I figured out it was brake assist.

My issue first happened on Donington Park, the car feels like it stalls.

rockdevil123
19-01-2016, 17:45
mate i have the same feeling that it takes a lot of time to get back up to power but if you tweek some things in your car setup you will hit power faster ;)

Sankyo
19-01-2016, 18:45
My issue first happened on Donington Park, the car feels like it stalls.

Sounds like too high gear selected coming out of the corner?

On the other hand, the sense of speed and acceleration on a computer screen isn't nearly the same as in real life. What does the speedometer of the car say?

GamerSX
20-01-2016, 20:41
Sounds like too high gear selected coming out of the corner?

On the other hand, the sense of speed and acceleration on a computer screen isn't nearly the same as in real life. What does the speedometer of the car say?

Once I turned off the brake assist, the problem was solved. For some reason, the brake assist causes the car to come to a near stand still. Coming around a second gear corner, you should already be on the throttle, with a flat foot, the car does not respond... Almost like the feeling of a cut corner penalty. Then after a second or so, the car responds.

Like I said, I turned off the brake assist and the problem was resolved.

I should add that the problem only came about for me after about an hour of gameplay.