PDA

View Full Version : Final Edition DLC? Suggestions and maybe need some tips.

pgapro
18-01-2016, 17:10
Hi,

first I have to admit I am not really a race expert. I like racing games and the reason I choose a race simulation is because I like the racing, but most race games are more arcade with crazy cars and game modes and all that I was looking for is a nice realistic game without all the need for speed crazy stuff, just a game to do some laps on real courses and maybe chase my own time. Yes and even my 5 year old son likes to drive and already keeps the car on the track sometimes. I mention that in advance because I am absolutely no realistic race expert and need all driving aids. I play the game just for the fun, it is no sport for me.

I think the game is nearly perfect. Great graphics, lots of tracks and cars. Really good stuff and perfectly done as far as I can judge that.

Now I read that the next game comes out I think they should fill the last missing pieces to make this one complete. So maybe a final dlc with what I think might be missing.

Tracks
When I take a look at it as non expert racer I think what is missing is Indy Car and Ovals. For sure it is not possible to add every track someone likes, there are lot good F1 tracks included, lots of good choices and with Nuerburgring and Le Mans two classic 24h tracks. Azure and California Highway in Ralley style, international tracks, nearly everything is there exept Ovals and Indy Car. Yes that is really missing and should definitely be added. So my suggestions would be

Daytona Oval and Street, Indianapolis Oval and Street and Twin Ring Motegi Oval and Street

with those 3 the game would have the missing pieces

Cars
There is enough choice I think exept adding Indy Car and Nascar to make it complete in combo with the tracks.

Game Modes
Leaderboard for personal round records

I think that would make it complete.

Finally one question for a driving idiot like me, which cars are the best to start with because easy to handle, are there tuning setups to make driving more easy in the beginning?

Thx

kevin kirk
18-01-2016, 17:26
for me the street cars with no wings or down force is the hardest. The gt cars with the wings and downforce are the easiest. Well, besides the Porsche gt3. That thing is pretty hard because of off throttle oversteer.

Mahjik
18-01-2016, 17:28
Finally one question for a driving idiot like me, which cars are the best to start with because easy to handle, are there tuning setups to make driving more easy in the beginning?

Easy may be a relative term. Some good starter cars I would suggest would be:

SMS Formula Rookie
Ginetta GT4
Renault Clio

The main thing is to start off slow and increase speed slowly. Try to stick to one or two tracks with one or two cars at first.

RomKnight
18-01-2016, 17:33
renaul clio as it is by default might kick back.

Maybe the Caterham (not the r500 :) )

Shadowoff
18-01-2016, 17:37
Every car is easy to drive, you only need to know how to handle them. In my opinion is the BMW Z4 a very easy car and also the Formula Rookie.
But you need to find the car, YOU can drive good. Maybe you can test some cars you like and choose one of them, which you can handle easy/good. ;)

Markus Ott
18-01-2016, 17:53
Too late for wishes. The content for the last 4 DLCs is already fixed.

balderz002
18-01-2016, 18:31
Easy may be a relative term. Some good starter cars I would suggest would be:

SMS Formula Rookie
Ginetta GT4
Renault Clio

The main thing is to start off slow and increase speed slowly. Try to stick to one or two tracks with one or two cars at first.

Not the Ginetta Junior?

Mahjik
18-01-2016, 18:45
Not the Ginetta Junior?

The Junior can be pretty tricky. Once it starts to go, it's hard to catch and is not the easiest car for a rookie. The GT4 has much more aero which makes it very planted.

BannockMille
18-01-2016, 18:59
Too late for wishes. The content for the last 4 DLCs is already fixed.

So this means no more DLC for PCARS?
Are we getting new community events?

Konan
18-01-2016, 19:06
So this means no more DLC for PCARS?
Are we getting new community events?

This means 4 more DLC...as stated before,support will continue for 4 months (less now offcourse)
I don't know about the community events though...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
18-01-2016, 19:10
Well, besides the Porsche gt3. That thing is pretty hard because of off throttle oversteer.The Ruf RGT-8 GT3 does behave like that with the default setup, but it's not hard to fix it with some simple changes. You can improve the setup in other ways as well. If you'd like, you can try out my baseline setup for it, people have so far seemed to think it improves the handling of the car quite a bit: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/308199890

Morgan Henstridge
18-01-2016, 22:40
I find the Formula Rookie a great car for beginners, maybe not the "easiest" to push, but definitely not the hardest. And you can learn a lot from that car that will translate well across the board.

Krus Control
18-01-2016, 23:02
The FRS/GT86 is a great car to start with if you have the Japanese DLC. So is the Caterham 7 Classic. Also old cars like the 300SEL or Lotus 51 (if you have DLC) are great for developing your driving habits in the right direction, even if it is a little more difficult.

pgapro
19-01-2016, 10:16
First Thx for the tips, great to get some idea and starting point. I did not expect to get that goed advice and I am looking forward to try those things out! It shows how good the racing community behind the game is!

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 10:19
I find the Formula Rookie a great car for beginners, maybe not the "easiest" to push, but definitely not the hardest. And you can learn a lot from that car that will translate well across the board.

This is one of my favourite cars. It teaches good setup etiquette in tuning for mechanical grip and it requires a driving technique that maximizes momentum in order to get the most out of it.

pgapro
19-01-2016, 10:31
Now my second reply is on the dlc discussion. I know that the dev have to earn money and that is absolutely okay. But I still think that the strategy might be wrong.
First people are a bit frustrated that the impression gets more that now working on pc2 there is less effort on dlc packs. There are 4 more to come, so why not tell us what it is going to be. (4 might be enough depending on the content)
What the devs maybe miss out with the strategy is that many people race online. (I don't) That means that as long as the race community on pc1 is bigger it might not be attractive for people to buy pc2 because There are les online racers. An easy example, 6 people racing against each other wont change if 3 of them do not want to buy pc2.
I think the online community has changed the way we have to look at sequels of games. So maybe big dlc updates would achieve more succes than pc2.
But thats maybe only my way of thinking.

IJerichoI
19-01-2016, 11:07
Well, I see it a bit different. As PC2 won't be out before at least late 2017 there is plenty of time playing with a "final" pcars. And the tech of the new game will outclass the one we have now and therefor be more fun. So it's ok to play on with PCars if someone don't want to switch over. When I look at the lobbies I really think there are more playing offline than online. Also, It's ok if they change to the sequel a year after.
Personally spoken, I prefer a "final" game rather than an updated one, as there will always be technical bottlenecks which prevent improvement. Also it should be financially as well as in terms om marketing more viable to release a successor after having kept a game alive for 3 years. This might be "old school", but in times of "Unreal" this was the way to present technical novelties.

OT: The best thing would be teasing people for all DLC's which are to come, and in about 6-12 months release some kind of GOTY/Legacy edition with all DLC included.

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 11:20
OT: The best thing would be teasing people for all DLC's which are to come, and in about 6-12 months release some kind of GOTY/Legacy edition with all DLC included.

Is there any outlet that legitimately GOTY'd Pcars?

It was totally and entirely snubbed from the Game Awards in America for whatever reason :\

But in that case they slanted the field by making it Sports/Racing and putting FIFA and Rocket League in the running, which of course Rocket League easily won. Forza didn't even have a chance, in the racing category as the only purely racing game.

Sometimes, America makes me sad.

19-01-2016, 13:10
Is there any outlet that legitimately GOTY'd Pcars?

It was totally and entirely snubbed from the Game Awards in America for whatever reason :\

But in that case they slanted the field by making it Sports/Racing and putting FIFA and Rocket League in the running, which of course Rocket League easily won. Forza didn't even have a chance, in the racing category as the only purely racing game.

Sometimes, America makes me sad.Well Gamespot and PC Gamer seem to have given it the title of "Best Racing Game 2015", don't know if that counts.

Salty Dog
19-01-2016, 14:21
Well, I see it a bit different. As PC2 won't be out before at least late 2017 there is plenty of time playing with a "final" pcars. And the tech of the new game will outclass the one we have now and therefor be more fun. So it's ok to play on with PCars if someone don't want to switch over. When I look at the lobbies I really think there are more playing offline than online. Also, It's ok if they change to the sequel a year after.
Personally spoken, I prefer a "final" game rather than an updated one, as there will always be technical bottlenecks which prevent improvement. Also it should be financially as well as in terms om marketing more viable to release a successor after having kept a game alive for 3 years. This might be "old school", but in times of "Unreal" this was the way to present technical novelties.

Hi mate, ''PC2 wont be out till at least late 2017''

Thats a long wait, i would have guessed it will be out before then?

Ive got a suspicion it will be out a lot earlier than people think.

I hope so anyway.

cheers

pgapro
19-01-2016, 14:48
First I want to give some feedback on trying out some cars. I am actually quite surprised how much difference it makes to drive the GT3 cars. I did not expect so much realism in the difference of cars. I actually start realizing how much is behind the game and that is really fun actually even for a non expert racer. It feels a bit like Top Gear testing of cars and that's a lot more fun than actually playing a career mode.

Now I have got 2 questions, first is there a program 3rd party to track results and compare round times in single player mode, compare the times for cars and record lap times for myself. In time trial mode it is only possible to see the best time with a car, not the progress or comparison. Is it possible to save ghosts in single player mode. Which 3rd party app gives some easy comparison without too much data I do not understand anyway.

2nd, which tuning points can be issued for a non expert to maybe change under and oversteer and acceleration and topspeed. Just a few, not getting into depth. Is there a good easy guide that can be used?

As I said, after the info I got here it really starts getting fun a bit.

My favourites upto now are formula gulf, aston martin V8 GT3, going to keep on searching my favourites and still have to drive all the tracks!

rockdevil123
19-01-2016, 17:40
Guys I don't know what you think but I find the Formula Gulf also very easy to drive. It is also a lot of fun. And if you combine that with Dubai autodrome you are good for some good moments and good racing ;)

rosko
19-01-2016, 17:50
I thought final monthly DLC. But still might get it every 3/4 months?

19-01-2016, 18:53
I thought final monthly DLC. But still might get it every 3/4 months?We seem to be getting DLC for four months, including this month (so up until April).

pgapro
20-01-2016, 09:14
We seem to be getting DLC for four months, including this month (so up until April).

Any idea what it will be, january seems to be clear already

20-01-2016, 14:46
Any idea what it will be, january seems to be clear alreadyThere's a thread specifically for DLC speculation. =)