PDA

View Full Version : XBOX - Online Lobby's Disappearing from Lobby Browser List

NeonFlux
19-01-2016, 08:29
Since Thursday night my online lobby's have been disappearing from the Xbox lobby browser list despite them not being full.

I'll set up a lobby and as usual some people will join and stay while others join for a race or two. There's usually people joining throughout the night. Since Thursday I've noticed that after 3 or 4 half hour events (15 mins quali and 5 lap race) people leave but no one joins. I then start to get messages from people asking me to invite them as they can see I'm online in multiplayer from my profile but can't see my lobby on the list. When I invite them it won't let them join.

This has happened in the past a couple of times but since Thursday it has been happening several times night. I'm not sure if it's specific to Xbox as it seems to have coincided with when xbox went down on Wednesday night. I'm pretty sure it's not my internet as my NAT is open and my connection is good.

Would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this on xbox, pc and ps4?

SpeedFreakDTM
19-01-2016, 17:59
I've noticed this too.

Sometimes I've forgot to change my car, and I'll leave the room to come back and use a another car, but the lobby isnt showin anymore. The host can invite me in, but it wont let me join.

NeonFlux
20-01-2016, 18:13
I've noticed this too.

Sometimes I've forgot to change my car, and I'll leave the room to come back and use a another car, but the lobby isnt showin anymore. The host can invite me in, but it wont let me join.

Yh, some of the people I race with have also noticed it. At least I know it's not just me. Guess this whittles it down to being a problem with xbox and/or the game itself.

Castrol r
22-01-2016, 16:24
I joined to reply :panda:
I've had nothing but problems since patch 6 getting on line
Hard reset sometimes bring up lobby's but when I join there all red and won't go any further ..
My wifi often crashes if one of the kids is on wifi .
I've been onto sky now since Xmas about my wifi problem , they must know me by voice now
Anyway new sky hub /filters hard wired ect ect still the same some nights the lobby's are fine ,but not many nights
Kept doing checks on Xbox to see my download speed ect daytime fine when there not many players on .night time 0.09
I down loaded a app to check speeds from sky shore enough 16 m download
I put my sons Xbox on with call off duty , run a check 9 ish m
Put my Xbox on sign in 9/10 m know problem start the game hay ho 2 meg
Bloody games robbing all my speed , I've checked it at least 2o times and still the same put on another online game back up to 9 m..
I love racing on line spend nearly a month resetting router/ hard reset Xbox more hours than I've played the game ..
I hoping pc2 has its own server or I will not be buying ,its a shame as I have a few top ten times and a couple of top three times in Dtm with no assist in car and love the game even with all the little glitches
But this problem takes the piss ..
:(

satco1066
22-01-2016, 22:09
sorry to say, but XBox games are connected to XBox Live.
Will never have their own dedicated server.

NeonFlux
23-01-2016, 10:57
I joined to reply :panda:
I've had nothing but problems since patch 6 getting on line
Hard reset sometimes bring up lobby's but when I join there all red and won't go any further ..
My wifi often crashes if one of the kids is on wifi .
I've been onto sky now since Xmas about my wifi problem , they must know me by voice now
Anyway new sky hub /filters hard wired ect ect still the same some nights the lobby's are fine ,but not many nights
Kept doing checks on Xbox to see my download speed ect daytime fine when there not many players on .night time 0.09
I down loaded a app to check speeds from sky shore enough 16 m download
I put my sons Xbox on with call off duty , run a check 9 ish m
Put my Xbox on sign in 9/10 m know problem start the game hay ho 2 meg
Bloody games robbing all my speed , I've checked it at least 2o times and still the same put on another online game back up to 9 m..
I love racing on line spend nearly a month resetting router/ hard reset Xbox more hours than I've played the game ..
I hoping pc2 has its own server or I will not be buying ,its a shame as I have a few top ten times and a couple of top three times in Dtm with no assist in car and love the game even with all the little glitches
But this problem takes the piss ..
:(

Xbox recommend a minimum download speed of 3mb for online play so that may be part of the problem if yours is dropping to 2mb (although I have no idea why that is only happening when you play pcars).

Your NAT setting will also affect your ability to join lobbys so it may be worth checking that yours is open. If it's strict you'll need to reset the console. Some people have had a problem with their NAT going strict since the xbox dashboard update back in November - there's a few threads about this on the xbox support forum.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying pcars doesn't have problems but I don't think xbox one handles online as well as the 360 did. I suspect the problem I describe above may be more xbox related than game related.

I hope you get your issue sorted and get to enjoy the game :)

Castrol r
23-01-2016, 15:19
Xbox recommend a minimum download speed of 3mb for online play so that may be part of the problem if yours is dropping to 2mb (although I have no idea why that is only happening when you play pcars).

Your NAT setting will also affect your ability to join lobbys so it may be worth checking that yours is open. If it's strict you'll need to reset the console. Some people have had a problem with their NAT going strict since the xbox dashboard update back in November - there's a few threads about this on the xbox support forum.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying pcars doesn't have problems but I don't think xbox one handles online as well as the 360 did. I suspect the problem I describe above may be more xbox related than game related.

I hope you get your issue sorted and get to enjoy the game :)

It's the game every other game I run online works every time
This did till patch 6 !! so since day before release fine on line
I have plenty of Meg as I said before the game goes on fine 9 / 10 m
All my other games fine when running online goes to 9 m easy put project cars on , robs the lot
My internet never crashes unless I put this game on ..
All my setting are fine on my router I've done everything and his dog to find why it crashes and it's this game
There's a few more post about saying no lobby's showing or joining and it has the track/car you was playing before
You joined ..